PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line and the questions that surround

PBTimmons
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Like the title of this thread, I think we all want to know what can be done to improve what seems like the worst offensive line in Pro Football.

I feel many posters on these boards instantly look towards the draft as the solution, but I feel that thinking that way ignores the context of this football team. We need to keep in mind the most important piece of the NYG puzzle: Eli Manning. I HOPE we can all agree that Eli is in his Prime, but I'm sure opinions will differ in regards to how much longer he will continue at that level. Biggest obstacle:

The offensive line is not allowing Eli and the rest of this offense to play its best. So what's the next move?

My point of this thread is that i don't believe the answer will be found in the draft. That is a long term solution and one that would likely squander at least 2 years of the few remaining years of Eli.

Free Agents:

Andy Levitre, LG
Jake Long, LT
Andre Smith, RT
Sebastian Vollmer, LT/RT

Those are the Big 4, and in my opinion we must pick up one of them.

Thoughts? Agree/Disagree?

big blue dog
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
agree go for it like we did when we snagged ayoung kareem mc kenzee would like to see jake long or sebastian volmer if we can manage it with the cap and draft two maulers in the first 3 rounds and 1 corner

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
I've been an advocate for Vollmer for like three weeks now, I'm gonna stick with that.

big blue dog
12-31-2012, 02:48 PM
i like him in blue as well but i thought i heard he had some back problems.

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
i like him in blue as well but i thought i heard he had some back problems.If it's legitimate, no one is gonna sign him without proper measures being accounted for in his contract.

jakegibbs
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Like the title of this thread, I think we all want to know what can be done to improve what seems like the worst offensive line in Pro Football.

I feel many posters on these boards instantly look towards the draft as the solution, but I feel that thinking that way ignores the context of this football team. We need to keep in mind the most important piece of the NYG puzzle: Eli Manning. I HOPE we can all agree that Eli is in his Prime, but I'm sure opinions will differ in regards to how much longer he will continue at that level. Biggest obstacle:

The offensive line is not allowing Eli and the rest of this offense to play its best. So what's the next move?

My point of this thread is that i don't believe the answer will be found in the draft. That is a long term solution and one that would likely squander at least 2 years of the few remaining years of Eli.

Free Agents:

Andy Levitre, LG
Jake Long, LT
Andre Smith, RT
Sebastian Vollmer, LT/RT

Those are the Big 4, and in my opinion we must pick up one of them.

Thoughts? Agree/Disagree?

Any chance we can get all of them?

big blue dog
12-31-2012, 02:55 PM
two top tier oline might be a little steep with our tight cap but if possible it could the hole complexion of the offence give our long developing plays achance

PBTimmons
12-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Any chance we can get all of them?

I'd be happy to just get one of these guys, but I have a hard time seeing us able to afford more than one top tier OL.

Also, I mentioned that Reese should "nuke this offensive line" somewhere around week 10 and everyone blasted me for it. Missing the playoffs must take all the warm and fuzziness out of us.