PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of the rollercoaster

G14ntzF4π
12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I appreciate tom bringing in 2 super bowls but, this rollercoaster of all or nothing needs to end. I want a HC that can get consistentcy out of his players and coordinators. Tom just can't seem to keep everyone on the same page year in and year out. This team was way to good this year to miss the playoffs.

Diamondring
12-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Oh well nothing you can do and the season is going to be loooooonnnnnnnnng.

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
our division have something to do with it, teams like the patriots and Green bay have weak divisions so they make the playoffs every year.

G14ntzF4π
12-31-2012, 05:46 PM
our division have something to do with it, teams like the patriots and Green bay have weak divisions so they make the playoffs every year.

Nah we should have taken 2 apiece against the boys and the lowly eagles.

G14ntzF4π
12-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh well nothing you can do and the season is going to be loooooonnnnnnnnng.

Yup

Diamondring
12-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Nah we should have taken 2 apiece against the boys and the lowly eagles.Nah my behind. Both the Skins and Dallas were fighting for the division while the Pats had nobody even at 500.

Parademon
12-31-2012, 10:50 PM
While SF was a legit powerhouse in the 80s thru mid 90s, it helped that they played in a pathetically weak NFCW with on several occasions the Rams being their main comp. Atl & NO were yr in, yr out celler dwellers & SF would always either sweep the division or at least go 5-1 just about every yr for 17yrs straight.

Same goes for NE, Jets, Miami & Buffalo have been hapless & pathetic in head to head matchups with the Pats ever since Brady became the starter in 2001. I don't believe any of those teams has swept the Pats in over 10+yrs! Pats are always going 6-2 or 5-1 themselves in that weak division. Kinda makes it a bit easier to get 4-5 more wins outside the division when you can get 50% of your wins from within the division.

AFCE is so bad, NE has sewn up the division by Turkey day & then only has to play for the #1 seed the rest of the way.

Rat_bastich
01-01-2013, 12:04 AM
There has been a rollercoaster going on since Dan Reeves. The only stability has been Parcells but that started out pretty weak as well. The Giants, have been inconsistent for quite some time.

bearbryant
01-01-2013, 02:37 AM
There has been a rollercoaster going on since Dan Reeves. The only stability has been Parcells but that started out pretty weak as well. The Giants, have been inconsistent for quite some time.

You want inconsistent... How about Allie Sherman? If you know who he is put the word Perplexing in to describe his shanannigans too. Go Giants!

Rat_bastich
01-01-2013, 02:48 AM
You want inconsistent... How about Allie Sherman? If you know who he is put the word Perplexing in to describe his shanannigans too. Go Giants!

Yeah I read about those days. The Giants have had some rough times. I was going with the beginning of the new era of inconsistency. Unfortunately since Parcell's Coughlin has probably been the most consistent. That is definitely not saying much.

UK-Giantsfan
01-01-2013, 06:17 AM
this is the NFL .......it always has been a rollercoaster .......and always will be

( if you dont like the ride .......watch some tennis instead )

regards

UK

M00KIE
01-01-2013, 06:35 AM
I appreciate tom bringing in 2 super bowls but, this rollercoaster of all or nothing needs to end. I want a HC that can get consistentcy out of his players and coordinators. Tom just can't seem to keep everyone on the same page year in and year out. This team was way to good this year to miss the playoffs.

By your logic, any year we don't win the SB we should fire the coach... EVERY year for EVERY team is "all or nothing". If you don't win the SB ("all") it's "nothing". What good is winning a couple playoff games and going home?

Ridiculous.

Flip Empty
01-01-2013, 06:53 AM
I'd rather a rollercoaster than a merry-go-round.

SweetZombieJesus
01-01-2013, 08:39 AM

Good point, but it's different. Under Reeves there was one up and lots of down. Under Fassel it was "flip a coin". There were some big meltdowns (97, 2002) but not the consistant late season gutless stinkers we get with Coughlin.

In many ways this team is VERY consistent. We always get out to 6-2 starts (5-3 in 2004, 2009; 7-1 in 2008), we always stumble down the stretch, and we always fail spectacularly in big games -- with notable exceptions in 2007 and 2011. But have a look at the high stakes games in the Coughlin regime and 75% are horrendous no-shows. Not just losses, but embarrassments, blow outs, unprofessional disasters.