PDA

View Full Version : Tuck Tweets!

Ladder27
12-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Guys I'm not retiring and I'm not playing for any other team but the @Giants and I planned on having a GREAT year next yr.

That was what he said. Sorry guys that want him gone hes coming back :)

NorwoodBlue
12-31-2012, 06:45 PM
I hope he addresses his nagging shoulder issues, and comes in ready to play.

BigBlue1971
12-31-2012, 06:47 PM
im glad hes coming back! Tucks a team guy and will be valuable in some aspect on this team.

Cloud57
Guys I'm not retiring and I'm not playing for any other team but the @Giants and I planned on having a GREAT year next yr.

That was what he said. Sorry guys that want him gone hes coming back :)he's been reading all the comments from fans that want him gone

G-MENBK
Anyone know his address? I'll help train and motivate him.

He'll do 500 push-ups with a grizzly on his back, while I pour a shot of vodka and splash it across his face, slap him, and yell MOTHERLAND!

Next season, the first game against the Redskins, he'll rip off the lizard king's head and kick it between the uprights. And that - ladies and gentlemen - will be worth the 15 yard penalty.

Rudyy
12-31-2012, 06:48 PM
I want him to SHOW me. Didn't he tell us in the middle of the season there would be no second half collapse?

BMW
12-31-2012, 06:48 PM
The guy is a waste of a roster spot, not sure why anyone wants him back.

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Anyone know his address? I'll help train and motivate him.

He'll do 500 push-ups with a grizzly on his back, while I pour a shot of vodka and splash it across his face, slap him, and yell MOTHERLAND!

Next season, the first game against the Redskins, he'll rip off the lizard king's head and kick it between the uprights. And that - ladies and gentlemen - will be worth the 15 yard penalty.that's just wishful thinking

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 06:50 PM
The guy is a waste of a roster spot, not sure why anyone wants him back.next year we'll watch the other teams pass rush and shake our heads lol

Harooni
12-31-2012, 06:54 PM
id come back for 7mill also. in fact you would have to drag me out kicking and screaming.

Rusty192
12-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Next season will be Tuck's last year. He'll be gone after another mediocre season. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-31-2012, 06:59 PM
I like it and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he comes back hungry, motivated and hopfeully stays healthy.

gfanblue
12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Wish I had a twitter account. These guys would hate me......

NYGfanNC
12-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Glad he's coming back. Mark my words, next year will best.

nhpgiantsfan
12-31-2012, 08:04 PM
If he is back, fine. I just hope they pick a different captain. He is not a firey leader on the field during the game. Give it to Rolle if he is still here.

jomo
12-31-2012, 08:10 PM
If he is back, fine. I just hope they pick a different captain. He is not a firey leader on the field during the game. Give it to Rolle if he is still here.We need much more production per dollar paid to Tuck. He was/is a great Giant/guy but it all needs to work within the budget and right now we are not getting good value.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-31-2012, 08:31 PM
I follow him on Twitter and noticed with this Tweets, he seems a bit bummed out. Definitely last year with the loss of his grandfather in August and his uncle in September. He said and it was reported he considered retirement. "Did you think about walking away? "Sure. Definitely did. I contemplated it,” the defensive end said. “But, I think that was just me feeling sorry for myself for a little bit there.” "After the last two seasons, Tuck's ability to play "at a high level" has certainly been questioned. When he sacked Eagles quarterback Michael Vick on Sunday in the Giants' 42-7 win it was his first sack since Nov. 4, and his struggles have been a big reason for the Giants' pass rushing problems. Tuck admitted "my performance this year was nowhere near what I envisioned for myself." He said some of his issues were due to a change in his training routine last off season, when he focused on maintaining his health - not necessarily improving his performance - after his injury plagued 2011 season." I do hope we see him return to form and perform at that high level once again that I believe he's still capable of. I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

GentleGiant
12-31-2012, 08:40 PM
I follow him on Twitter and noticed with this Tweets, he seems a bit bummed out. Definitely last year with the loss of his grandfather in August and his uncle in September. He said and it was reported he considered retirement. "Did you think about walking away? "Sure. Definitely did. I contemplated it,” the defensive end said. “But, I think that was just me feeling sorry for myself for a little bit there.” "After the last two seasons, Tuck's ability to play "at a high level" has certainly been questioned. When he sacked Eagles quarterback Michael Vick on Sunday in the Giants' 42-7 win it was his first sack since Nov. 4, and his struggles have been a big reason for the Giants' pass rushing problems. Tuck admitted "my performance this year was nowhere near what I envisioned for myself." He said some of his issues were due to a change in his training routine last off season, when he focused on maintaining his health - not necessarily improving his performance - after his injury plagued 2011 season." I do hope we see him return to form and perform at that high level once again that I believe he's still capable of. I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

At least he's aware of it. Some guys on certain teams just seem oblivious.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-31-2012, 08:58 PM
At least he's aware of it. Some guys on certain teams just seem oblivious. Yep, very true.

Parademon
12-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Yay! Tuck will be motivated to play & win the SB in NY & then retire!

NYGiantsFan56
12-31-2012, 10:00 PM
You guys should have know that Tuck will never leave the Giants. He is one of the faces of the franchise. Like Howard Cross, Strahan and Eli, Tuck will retire a Giant and play his full career here. He had a bad year. Move on.

rcrane
12-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Next season will be Tuck's last year. He'll be gone after another mediocre season. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Does crow really taste that bad? In a survival situation it must be delicious.

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 10:36 PM
At one time he was one of the best at his position. Have a feeling it eats at him that he can not play at the level he once did. Shoulder injuries take a while to one back from especially at his position. He uses his upper body to push off its bigger than him. It can take up to a year for a shoulder to fully heal. He gets about 6 months. He actually played the run well this year. Hopefully he gets some good therapy on his shoulder in the extended offseason.

big blue dog
12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
all i know is that he gave us some great super bowl moments and with out him maybe we dont get both trophys or even one that being said ive had shoulder issues and hard to keep your upper body strength hopefully he can get healthy and come back strong for me i want him here as long as he wants to stay hes all class not to much of that around the league.

Ruttiger711
12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Well unless he truly plans on retiring, he'll be playin balls out for his next deal - we'll (hopefully) reap the benefits, but doubtful we'd spend big on him after.

KidA
12-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Glad he's coming back. Mark my words, next year will best.

OK.

"next year will best."

-NYGfanNC

drewz
12-31-2012, 11:29 PM
You guys should have know that Tuck will never leave the Giants. He is one of the faces of the franchise. Like Howard Cross, Strahan and Eli, Tuck will retire a Giant and play his full career here. He had a bad year. Move on.

He's had 2 bad years

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 11:30 PM
He's had 2 bad years+1 when players start declining they don't just jump back and get better, he'll be worse next year.

Rusty192
12-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Does crow really taste that bad? In a survival situation it must be delicious.If Tuck plays well, it'll taste like Quail Escabeche.

bearbryant
01-01-2013, 12:17 AM
Doesn't anyone remember the injury he had and the lousy cheap shot the idiot on dallas gave him. He's never recovered from it. Was never the same after it and hasn't played the same since. I'll be the first one to see JT come back and put in a Pro-Bowl year but I'm not betting the farm on it! Its really too bad!

Diamondring
01-01-2013, 12:44 AM
I want him to SHOW me. Didn't he tell us in the middle of the season there would be no second half collapse?There were none cause Giants went 9 and 7.

greenca190
01-01-2013, 03:28 AM
31 other teams, whether they be primarily 3-4 or 4-3, would love to have Justin Tuck on their defensive line.

The fact that we can go into every year knowing we have that role fulfilled is worth it. We have it A LOT better than most teams.