PDA

View Full Version : The MOST depressing thing about being out of the hunt......

FBomb
12-31-2012, 07:37 PM
....is this board.

I'm surprised a lot of you can even type while bleeding from your wrists or swinging from the end of a rope.

How many "Coughlin, Gilbride and Fewell didn't get fired" threads do you need to start before it sinks in that you or I have NO SAY in what happens? OR, before you realize that you or I don't know a damned thing about running a football organization??

eh....I should know better than confronting you. Some of you are just venting......but some of you should try moving on to another hobby. CLEARLY the Giants aren't going to make you happy, so why continue being a fan? Surely there are organizations that WILL follow your advice since it's obvious that you are smarter than the people being paid to make these decisions. I can't understand being a fan of a team who's front office is dumber than it's own fans.

Anyway....this board could use a good purging of it's own.......you know who you are.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! GO GIANTS!!!

jomo
12-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Happy New Year Brother!
Go Blue!!

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 07:40 PM
GMENAGAIN is that you? j/k. you know if you visit the message boards of other teams it's no different.

Happy new year!

penguinfarmer
12-31-2012, 07:41 PM
I read a select few posters in here anyway. It's not hard to put on blinders.

My toughest thing to deal with are the Redskins fans in the office.

G-MENBK
Nothing wrong with saying what was wrong with this team and what needs to be rectified. If those come to fruition is a different matter. Unless some other teams give an HC job to either Gilbride and Fewell, nothing any of us can do about it. Same with players who sucked this season and will be part of the team next season.

The only thing now we as Giant fans can hope is that we acquire some awesome players from the draft, somehow be capable of getting some FAs our way, and hopefully Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewell learned something this season.

Toadofsteel
CLEARLY the Giants aren't going to make you happy, so why continue being a fan? Surely there are organizations that WILL follow your advice since it's obvious that you are smarter than the people being paid to make these decisions. I can't understand being a fan of a team who's front office is dumber than it's own fans.
Because being a Giant fan is in my blood? I'm not some fair-weather BS that's going to leave just because times are bad. Sure, I'll complain to the ends of the earth, but I won't leave, because I live for the GIANTS. Who said anything about being happy?

FBomb
12-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, obviously if my rant doesn't apply to you, then it wasn't meant for you.

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 07:45 PM
I should add that fans dedicate a lot of time and money to a football team so they have all right to complain even if they are wrong or if their venting makes no difference.

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Emotions are running high, and rash comments are being made. I'm sure you can empathize and relate.

TheEnigma
eh....I should know better than confronting you. Some of you are just venting......but some of you should try moving on to another hobby. CLEARLY the Giants aren't going to make you happy, so why continue being a fan? Surely there are organizations that WILL follow your advice since it's obvious that you are smarter than the people being paid to make these decisions. I can't understand being a fan of a team who's front office is dumber than it's own fans.

Anyway....this board could use a good purging of it's own.......you know who you are.

Sports and rational conclusions rarely go together in a harmonious union. Just have to learn to tolerate other opinions no matter how little sense they make. You should know that FBomb. Have a Happy New Year!

FBomb
Emotions are running high, and rash comments are being made. I'm sure you can empathize and relate.

MOI? :o

FBomb
12-31-2012, 07:49 PM
I should add that fans dedicate a lot of time and money to a football team so they have all right to complain even if they are wrong or if their venting makes no difference.

Didn't say you couldn't or shouldn't.....but you have to admit, some posters need a dose of reality.

jomo
12-31-2012, 07:49 PM
I should add that fans dedicate a lot of time and money to a football team so they have all right to complain even if they are wrong or if their venting makes no difference.I totally agree with that but................it doesn't make them smart or insightful which some of us here are drawn to.

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 07:50 PM
MOI? :ohaha yes, you FBomb

bigjeep
12-31-2012, 08:11 PM
....is this board.

I'm surprised a lot of you can even type while bleeding from your wrists or swinging from the end of a rope.

How many "Coughlin, Gilbride and Fewell didn't get fired" threads do you need to start before it sinks in that you or I have NO SAY in what happens? OR, before you realize that you or I don't know a damned thing about running a football organization??

The Jets, Mets and Nets have been listening to me for years!

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 09:18 PM
I hear you. The problem with a lot of posters and I hate to offend anybody but this team is all that they got. Without the Giants they have no other reasons to continue living it appears. When you grow up you realize there are 31 other teams chasing the same goal and there is no way possible that the same team can win the Superbowl every year.

I don't understand being upset when less than a year ago we was raising the Lombardi trophy. Down years are part of the game... it makes getting back to the top all the more exciting. Yeah I get tired of certain players and coaches at times, who doesn't? I'm not gonna sit here and entertain the notion of blowing up the whole staff and team after ONE down year though... that's insane!

JustinTuckNYG91
12-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Because being a Giant fan is in my blood? I'm not some fair-weather BS that's going to leave just because times are bad. Sure, I'll complain to the ends of the earth, but I won't leave, because I live for the GIANTS. Who said anything about being happy? Here I was thinking the reason for the NY Giants message board were to discuss anything and everything about the team that we love. The good, the bad and the ugly.

chasjay
12-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Luck (meaning very few injuries) or sufficient depth on the roster at all key positions is the engine for TC's offensive and defensive game plans. Lack of sufficient luck on the injury front and lack of quality depth (running backs, receivers, defensive backfield) are what ultimately sealed our fate this year. Winning just one of the games that we lost when we shouldn't have would have made the difference in our season. There were inconsistencies in the performance of those that stayed healthy all year that impacted our final record, but it was ultimately the injuries and lack of sufficient depth at certain critical positions that have us breaking camp today instead of getting ready for kickoff this weekend.

ashleymarie
12-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Was I mistaken thinking I could come here and B**** about my team's coaching?

Laurah1275
12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
....is this board.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! GO GIANTS!!!I wanna be your best friend :)

GreenZone
01-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Was I mistaken thinking I could come here and B**** about my team's coaching?

You were mistaken to think that the right to criticize makes your opinion impervious to criticism. Posters often believe they must be right because: a) The Giants lost out and therefore b) their criticism of what went wrong means they know best what went wrong and how to fix it.

One example where this thinking is an absolute fraud is that few, if any, outside the Giants organization know the exact level and degree of injuries Justin Tuck has incurred, How can one give an intelligent opinion on the handling of Justin by the organization from a sofa with a sixpack and a keyboard altogether in too close proximity.

All that to say, excellent point, FBomb

EnragedYouth85
01-01-2013, 01:17 AM
I think we are the most logical/least dillusional fans in the whole NFC East. We might have some ADD and bad tempers but were not the worst lol

Eagles - Always claim to be the dream team and the best, but have never won anything.
Cowboys - Talk about how the 90's were great and how they are America's team even though they havent won anything in a decade and a half lol
Redskins - Outside of this year, have they done anything in 30 years?

FBomb
01-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Again...I'm not lumping all of you....it's just the ones who actually believe they know better than the professioinals. Professionals that have 2 SB trophies. Do you know that EVERY teams fans *****es and moans about their OC?

This is the bottom line...this team is suffering from age and injury on both the defensive and offensive lines. Our SB heros are getting long in the tooth and don't heal up as quickly as they used to.... if at all. It happens to every team. This is where the focus should be in the offseason. Cutting dead weight and adding youth and speed to those areas. Eli has always been skittish when his protection breaks down....this is nothing new...he hasn't "regressed"...he's just Eli with a ****ty O-line, Not to mention Nicks being less that 100% all year long and losing Mario.

Our D-line was sad and pathetic, and if you want to blame Fewell for not recognizing that, I'm on board....but missing the playoffs this year is 90% on the players.

Anyway...again Happy New Year.

EnragedYouth85
01-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Again...I'm not lumping all of you....it's just the ones who actually believe they know better than the professioinals. Professionals that have 2 SB trophies. Do you know that EVERY teams fans *****es and moans about their OC?

This is the bottom line...this team is suffering from age and injury on both the defensive and offensive lines. Our SB heros are getting long in the tooth and don't heal up as quickly as they used to.... if at all. It happens to every team. This is where the focus should be in the offseason. Cutting dead weight and adding youth and speed to those areas. Eli has always been skittish when his protection breaks down....this is nothing new...he hasn't "regressed"...he's just Eli with a ****ty O-line, Not to mention Nicks being less that 100% all year long and losing Mario.

Our D-line was sad and pathetic, and if you want to blame Fewell for not recognizing that, I'm on board....but missing the playoffs this year is 90% on the players.

Anyway...again Happy New Year.

Agreed man, this is mostly on the players. The coaches can only do so much with what they have.. they preeched execution all year. When the players execute, they win games and that's obvious. Look at the SF, NO, GB and our last game. I believe our team needs to change and become younger to stay competitive. We need to take out some of the old and reinvigerate it with new younger and hungrier talent.

G-Men Surg.
01-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Another eight months till we see a significant Giants game, indeed very depressing ! Well, happy new year to you and your loved ones bro, cheers !

SweetZombieJesus
01-01-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't understand being upset when less than a year ago we was raising the Lombardi trophy.

I'll speak for myself... I can take losing, I can take not winning the Super Bowl every year. What I can't take is the gutless performances, blowing golden opportunities.

I was drawn to this team because of the character it showed in a tough loss -- the 1990 Monday Night Football game against the 49ers which they lost 7-3. But they showed such character and fight I was hooked even though they lost the game. Even in the dry years that followed you could hang your hat on Rodney Hampton and a defense that fought for 60 minutes.

That's precisely what's missing in these gutless, inexplicable no-shows. No fight, no character. That's what I love most about the Giants.

Also regarding hoisting the Lombardi Trophy last year... The Giants are almost 90 years old and have never repeated as champions. Just once I would like to see them do it. There have been excuses in the past -- 86 was followed by a strike season, 90 Parcells quit after rookie mini camp, 07 Plax shot himself -- but there's no excuse this year. Even the lowly Eagles have gone back-to-back.

Harooni
01-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Speak for yourself Fbomb. I run a very successful madden franchise!!!

FBomb
01-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Speak for yourself Fbomb. I run a very successful madden franchise!!!

lol....Well then, I take it all back!!!:cool:

Harooni
01-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Haha. Part of these boards is to praise the coaches and players and its also for criticisms too and yes some of us like to play GM. However you are correct we shouldn't really be challenging their expertise.

Die-Hard
01-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Didn't say you couldn't or shouldn't.....but you have to admit, some posters need a dose of reality.

Reality? Hell, a lot of them need a dose of Ritalin. Just tune them out, because most of them just jumped on the bandwagon, and cant comprehend the bad stuff that invariably happens with football teams.

FBomb
01-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Reality? Hell, a lot of them need a dose of Ritalin. Just tune them out, because most of them just jumped on the bandwagon, and cant comprehend the bad stuff that invariably happens with football teams.

lol...Ritalin!! Or a good pot habit!!:rolleyes:.....or a frontal lobotomy!!!

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Well, obviously if my rant doesn't apply to you, then it wasn't meant for you.

What I'm concerned with is that you equate those who complain with fair-weather bandwagon fans. I complain. A lot. But I'm no bandwagon fan. I became a fan during the great years of Dave Brown, been born and raised a Giants fan. And I'm still going to be a Giants fan even after Eli is long gone. Only thing is, I'm still going to continue calling for Killdrive head because I truly believe that his 80's style offense and complete lack of in-game adjustments is strangling our offense, and his lack of no-huddle offense except in the most desperate situations is stifling Eli, hampering the damage he could truly inflict on opposing defenses...

poppa smurph
01-01-2013, 12:51 PM
lol...Ritalin!! Or a good pot habit!!:rolleyes:.....or a frontal lobotomy!!!lol, sounds like the best way to deal with these boards at times would be to have an in-house Dr.... for everyone

brad
01-01-2013, 12:58 PM
....is this board.

I understand that you are just venting about the posters on this board, just like they (we) are venting about our frustrations with the team. However, just because we don't agree on certain things or prefer to see the team do something different it doesn't make us any less of a fan. In fact, if everyone simply agreed with everything, no questions asked, this board would be pretty boring. I am not delusional, I don't believe that I know more than those paid to run or coach the team, but it doesn't mean I don't have a right to voice my opinion. Were fans wrong when they called for Ray Handley to get fired? Were they wrong to think that Dave Brown was a lousy QB? I think we can agree that they were wrong when many felt that Simms shouldn't be the starting QB or that the Giants should not have drafted "another LB" when they drafted LT. Fans aren't always right... but sometimes they actually are.

BParcells777
01-01-2013, 01:05 PM
....is this board.

Was that rant really necessary? It only served to make you look like a beffuddled grumpy old man............ what do you expect people to be feeling right now, happiness and roses?

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 01:18 PM
The Jets, Mets and Nets have been listening to me for years!

HAHAHA Please become a Redskins fan immediately

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Was that rant really necessary? It only served to make you look like a beffuddled grumpy old man............ what do you expect people to be feeling right now, happiness and roses?

OOPS Looks like you made a direct hit FBomb

FBomb
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM
OOPS Looks like you made a direct hit FBomb

It's just Jakk......the only one who takes him seriously is himself. Most everyone else just rolls their eyes when he posts.

FBomb
01-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I understand that you are just venting about the posters on this board, just like they (we) are venting about our frustrations with the team. However, just because we don't agree on certain things or prefer to see the team do something different it doesn't make us any less of a fan. In fact, if everyone simply agreed with everything, no questions asked, this board would be pretty boring. I am not delusional, I don't believe that I know more than those paid to run or coach the team, but it doesn't mean I don't have a right to voice my opinion. Were fans wrong when they called for Ray Handley to get fired? Were they wrong to think that Dave Brown was a lousy QB? I think we can agree that they were wrong when many felt that Simms shouldn't be the starting QB or that the Giants should not have drafted "another LB" when they drafted LT. Fans aren't always right... but sometimes they actually are.

And I repeat, if it doesn't apply to you then it obviously wasn't meant for you. There are those who only come around when things are going or have gone wrong so they can say "I told you so", but disappear when things are good.

That being said, you can complain about Gilbride or any of the coaching staff or front office all you want.....just don't expect anyone (namely me) to value your opinions over the professionals that are paid to make those decisions and have gotten us 2 SB titles while at the helm.

I don't particularly care for Fewell's style of defense. I'd rather our QB's to FEAR facing our pass rush rather than our pass rush making kings out of mediocre QB's......but I am in no way saying it's all his fault and that the FO is making a mistake keeping him on. Injuries and age have caused 90% of this problem. He only had so much he could work with.

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Thats why it was a great shot. Hahaha

brad
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
And I repeat, if it doesn't apply to you then it obviously wasn't meant for you. There are those who only come around when things are going or have gone wrong so they can say "I told you so", but disappear when things are good.

That being said, you can complain about Gilbride or any of the coaching staff or front office all you want.....just don't expect anyone (namely me) to value your opinions over the professionals that are paid to make those decisions and have gotten us 2 SB titles while at the helm.

I don't particularly care for Fewell's style of defense. I'd rather our QB's to FEAR facing our pass rush rather than our pass rush making kings out of mediocre QB's......but I am in no way saying it's all his fault and that the FO is making a mistake keeping him on. Injuries and age have caused 90% of this problem. He only had so much he could work with.

Good, we are in agreement... I don't respect my opinion that much either :)

BParcells777
01-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Excuse me while I gag. What did you do, take a job with the NY Giants PR Dept with all the double speak?..........1st you criticize the lack of pressure then defend the architect of that lack of pressure. You are satisfyed with the 2 trophies, great.......excuse me if my eyes are more forward looking

2 improbable SB runs off mediocre records and 1 playoff appearance in 4 years does just not cut it.......we can do better

the best way to do better is to field a top 10 D........Fewell is way too inconsistent. Coughlin far too loyal

BParcells777
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
It's just Jakk......the only one who takes him seriously is himself. Most everyone else just rolls their eyes when he posts.

thats a powerful retort...........kudoos

where do you think peoples eyes are when you post this apologistic tripe?

Kez Simpson
01-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Excuse me while I gag. What did you do, take a job with the NY Giants PR Dept with all the double speak?..........1st you criticize the lack of pressure then defend the architect of that lack of pressure. You are satisfyed with the 2 trophies, great.......excuse me if my eyes are more forward looking

2 improbable SB runs off mediocre records and 1 playoff appearance in 4 years does just not cut it.......we can do better

the best way to do better is to field a top 10 D........Fewell is way too inconsistent. Coughlin far too loyal

This BS post, is a prime example of a spoiled fan.

BParcells777
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
This BS post, is a prime example of a spoiled fan.

Sorry I dont live in the past, and you apparently do.....

FlyingTruck
01-01-2013, 02:55 PM
You must be new to the internet in general. It's a public forum, people can say whatever they want (as long as they don't break the forum rules of course). See the red X at the top of your browser window? Go ahead and click it if it bothers you so much.

FBomb
01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
You must be new to the internet in general. It's a public forum, people can say whatever they want (as long as they don't break the forum rules of course). See the red X at the top of your browser window? Go ahead and click it if it bothers you so much.

So....it's ok for everyone but ME to say whatever they want? Interesting.

Next time try taking things with a sense of humor rather than so seriously. The post was meant to be mostly satire. Obviously I'm not "depressed" by the activities of this board.

FBomb
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
thats a powerful retort...........kudoos

where do you think peoples eyes are when you post this apologistic tripe?

See? They're doing it now.

I'm not apologizing for ANYONE. I think these people are wrong. 90% of the problems this team has is PLAYER related. Armchair GM's opinions don't hold a lot of weight with me.

Had our pass rush lived up to it's hype....no one would be questioning Fewell.

OX1
01-01-2013, 04:17 PM
...you or I have NO SAY in what happens? OR, before you realize that you or I don't know a damned thing about running a football organization??

Master of the obvious, thanks. Every sports fan falls into this category.

Just because some love to argue (especially with those that seem to get peeved
from the audacity of a fan to question the almighty giants FO perfection), does
not mean they don't realize they have zero control of any aspect of this hobby.

I keep suggesting it, but have not seen it yet. Create a RAH RAH RAH section.
You and the rest of the supposed football geniuses (FO worshipers) can only look/post
in that section. Then you can stop crying about people crying.

FBomb
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Master of the obvious, thanks. Every sports fan falls into this category.

Just because some love to argue (especially with those that seem to get peeved
from the audacity of a fan to question the almighty giants FO perfection), does
not mean they don't realize they have zero control of any aspect of this hobby.

I keep suggesting it, but have not seen it yet. Create a RAH RAH RAH section.
You and the rest of the supposed football geniuses (FO worshipers) can only look/post
in that section. Then you can stop crying about people crying.

Sand in the vag, Sally?

It's a joke, genius.

I do admit, however, that it was meant to "poke the bear". I was expecting this kind of response because people are so on edge right now.

OX1
01-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Sand in the vag, Sally?

It's a joke, genius.

I do admit, however, that it was meant to "poke the bear". I was expecting this kind of response because people are so on edge right now.

You missed this part "Just because some love to argue".

Joke or not, either argue with me or go away........................

FBomb
01-01-2013, 04:41 PM
You missed this part "Just because some love to argue".

Joke or not, either argue with me or go away........................

um....make me?

gmen46
01-01-2013, 04:49 PM
....is this board.

A. MEN. BROTHER.

(Do you remember which poster in the past couple years had that grif sig with the cartoon of a guy typing furiously on his keyboard until his hands bled out> Funny as hell and you reminded me of that with your "slit wrists" and dangling from a rope" remark. Ha ha ha):popcorn:

FBomb
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
:p

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Sand in the vag, Sally?

It's a joke, genius.

Then why stir the pot? :)

FBomb
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Then why stir the pot? :)

A change of pace. Instead of talking them off the ledge, sometimes it's more fun to give them a little shove.:)

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 06:02 PM
A change of pace. Instead of talking them off the ledge, sometimes it's more fun to give them a little shove.:)

Bwahahahaha!

OX1
01-01-2013, 08:03 PM
um....make me?

Just did...........

FBomb
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Still here tough guy.:popcorn:

BParcells777
01-01-2013, 08:12 PM
the most depressing thing is this depressing thread..........I promise not to bump it, hope others will agree

FBomb
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
the most depressing thing is this depressing thread..........I promise not to bump it, hope others will agree

bump

Morehead State
01-01-2013, 09:17 PM

Well offenses certainly feared our pass rush last year when we won a SB with Perry Fewell as our DC.
PF endorses the emphasis on getting to the QB as much as Spags did. The difference was the players execution on the field.
The biggest difference between Spags and PF is that PF prefers corners who are facing the QB instead of playing press coverage. Given the fact that we have three QB's in our division who extend plays and scramble for yards, I think that's a better scheme for us.

laylow28
01-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Well offenses certainly feared our pass rush last year when we won a SB with Perry Fewell as our DC.
PF endorses the emphasis on getting to the QB as much as Spags did. The difference was the players execution on the field.
The biggest difference between Spags and PF is that PF prefers corners who are facing the QB instead of playing press coverage. Given the fact that we have three QB's in our division who extend plays and scramble for yards, I think that's a better scheme for us. Another big difference is when Spags signed NYG had a better pass rush.

OX1
01-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Still here tough guy.:popcorn:

No your not.......

FBomb
01-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Tag....you're it!:rolleyes: