PDA

View Full Version : That critical interception from dumb passing call

ggrammas
12-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Here weget the ball on our 20 after the Jets fumbled in the End Zone - and then first play from Killdrive is to throw a pass - thrown too hard by Eli and tipped interception - exhausted our valiant defense and ultimately resulted in cheap TD by Jets</P>

This is what kills me- why throw with 8 minutes left on 1st down - OK so you try to run and go three and out and puntbut put them way back- instead of on our teens. Also we low percentage pass on 3d and 1 to Cruz early on instead of getting the first down with a safe pass or run- </P>

And having to settle for FG's instead of TD's - always an issue with us - one should have been for six.</P>

appodictic
12-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Here weget the ball on our 20 after the Jets fumbled in the End Zone - and then first play from Killdrive is to throw a pass - thrown too hard by Eli and tipped interception - exhausted our valiant defense and ultimately resulted in cheap TD by Jets</p>

This is what kills me- why throw with 8 minutes left on 1st down - OK so you try to run and go three and out and puntbut put them way back- instead of on our teens. Also we low percentage pass on 3d and 1 to Cruz early on instead of getting the first down with a safe pass or run- </p>

And having to settle for FG's instead of TD's - always an issue with us - one should have been for six.</p>

I heard it was called run but Eli audibled. With 9 minutes left it is too early to stop passing. The WRs have to haul that stuff in.

yoeddy
12-25-2011, 10:58 AM
"thrown too hard"? Seriously?

Gianthunter
12-25-2011, 11:06 AM
The DUMB passing call was on third and one.

TuckYou
12-25-2011, 11:09 AM
If Eli audibled out of the run, shame on him. And why did it seem like Eli wanted to throw at Revis all game long? Revis IS the best CB in the league. Throw to the other side damn it! He throw at Revis when he was covering Nicks, Beckum and Barden. I didnt get that at all. </P>

Gilbrides playcalling was terrible in the begining. Perry finally saw the light and played more mano y mano and sent blitzes, and look what happened! We beat them up. But, the Jets do stink and are worse then the Cowboys, so lets not pat ourselves on the back yet.</P>

Nicks, what the hell is wrong with your hands all of a sudden!!!??? Is it the cold?</P>

Go Giants.</P>

Great game yesterday. Now bring that same intensity next week. Someone should create a rumor about how the Cowboys said they were the team of NY and cover our banners blaming it on Jerry Jones. Seems to be the only spark this team needs.</P>

mstray92
12-25-2011, 11:12 AM
If Eli audibled out of the run, shame on him. And why did it seem like Eli wanted to throw at Revis all game long? Revis IS the best CB in the league. Throw to the other side damn it! He throw at Revis when he was covering Nicks, Beckum and Barden. I didnt get that at all. </p>

Gilbrides playcalling was terrible in the begining. Perry finally saw the light and played more mano y mano and sent blitzes, and look what happened! We beat them up. But, the Jets do stink and are worse then the Cowboys, so lets not pat ourselves on the back yet.</p>

Nicks, what the hell is wrong with your hands all of a sudden!!!??? Is it the cold?</p>

Go Giants.</p>

Great game yesterday. Now bring that same intensity next week. Someone should create a rumor about how the Cowboys said they were the team of NY and cover our banners blaming it on Jerry Jones. Seems to be the only spark this team needs.</p>

I kept yelling at the TV the same thing. Eli is lucky Revis didn't come up with a pick 6 on those other deflctions! It was like he was trying over and over to beat Revis.

Pakman
12-25-2011, 12:37 PM
"At the end of the day" the pass was perfectly placed...even though I literally got up and cursed at my TV...Nicks just dropped the ball, he has dropped like 4-5 catcheable balls in the past two games

rebelfan1966
12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
"At the end of the day" the pass was perfectly placed...even though I literally got up and cursed at my TV...Nicks just dropped the ball, he has dropped like 4-5 catcheable balls in the past two games</P>

True... Nicks should have hauled that on in..... just like the TD pass last week. Let's hope he has a big game against Dallas..... then all will be forgotten [:)]</P>

NYGRealityCheck
12-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Nicks did make an amazing leaping catch on Revis in that game.

However, for the game overall, Revis will end up man-handling any WR. You'll get about 2-3 good pass completions on him with a good WR in a game but that's about it.

GameTime
12-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Eli audibled out to a pass which is fine but hy throw to Revis is covering in that situation....that was the dumb part</P>

</P>

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Nicks did make an amazing leaping catch on Revis in that game.

However, for the game overall, Revis will end up man-handling any WR. You'll get about 2-3 good pass completions on him with a good WR in a game but that's about it.

Exactly.

And his reputation has earned him the ability to manhandle receivers without receiving PI or defensive holding calls.

It's a stars league. The rules are different for them.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Eli audibled out to a pass which is fine but hy throw to Revis is covering in that situation....that was the dumb part</P>

*</P>

If he audilbled out, that was stupid. Ya gotta run there and let the clock run a bit. If for no other reason than that your defense just got off the damn field after a fairly long time.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 01:21 PM

*</P>

If he audilbled out, that was stupid. Ya gotta run there and let the clock run a bit. If for no other reason than that your defense just got off the damn field after a fairly long time.

touchdown44
12-25-2011, 01:26 PM
there were too many in the box to run the runing play that was called is what coughlin said. it was a perfect audible and a perfect pass. Woulda been a 7 yard gain on first down if nicks caught the ball.. Great play by their linebacker.

JPP
12-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Pretty sure Revis got his hand in on the pick, I agree Nicks need to improve on those drops especially the last couple games but on a lot of the plays vs the Jets Revis just was that good. I don't mind them testing Revis either because if you don't they will start rolling coverage to Cromartie and he will jump a route and we could have ended up with interceptions anyways. Passing Revis' way opened up the field for the rest of the receivers much like running opens up the pass or vice versa.

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Eli audible. Nicks was open and dropped the pass. Nocks needs to stop dropping the ball.

NWKEffectElement
12-25-2011, 01:59 PM
So what if there were too many people in the box, run the damn ball to get the clock started! It was a dumb audible and horrible situational football.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 02:20 PM
So what if there were too many people in the box, run the damn ball to get the clock started! It was a dumb audible and horrible situational football.

That's what I think also.

bearbryant
12-25-2011, 02:24 PM
The only difference yesterday was we won!

stormblue
12-25-2011, 03:02 PM

bullspit. prevent offense is just as bad as prevent defense.
this run-run-pass on third and long predictable 3 and out crap and give 'em the ball back so they can march down our worthless defense's throat is hogwash.
keep the pedal to the metal.
its eli's job to audible to a better play when he sees it.
you risk a pick on every pass play.....you also risk a fumble on every run play.
call the best play against the formation you're looking at.
nicks should have caught it ...period.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 05:11 PM

this run-run-pass on third and long predictable 3 and out crap and give 'em the ball back so they can march down our worthless defense's throat is hogwash.
you risk a pick on every pass play.....you also risk a fumble on every run play.

Yeah, you are entitled to your opinion and I understand where you're coming from, I just disagree with it.

The reason the game was close was because we gave them the ball back in our red zone. They didn't drive the field because they couldn't. Our offense made the game close by helping them with our prevent offense.

If the Jet offense improved a bit they would suck. Even the Giant defense was able to stop them. What was needed there was to start running time off the clock and forcing the Jets to use their TOs.

Idkaname
12-25-2011, 05:54 PM

I usually disagree with your posts but I 100 percent agree with this one. You play to win the damn game not play not to lose

Idkaname
12-25-2011, 05:54 PM

I usually disagree with your posts but I 100 percent agree with this one. You play to win the damn game not play not to lose

Tony Bruno
12-25-2011, 05:57 PM
The DUMB passing call was on third and one.

My thoughts exactly...

jomo
12-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Here weget the ball on our 20 after the Jets fumbled in the End Zone - and then first play from Killdrive is to throw a pass - thrown too hard by Eli and tipped interception - exhausted our valiant defense and ultimately resulted in cheap TD by Jets</P>

This is what kills me- why throw with 8 minutes left on 1st down - OK so you try to run and go three and out and puntbut put them way back- instead of on our teens. Also we low percentage pass on 3d and 1 to Cruz early on instead of getting the first down with a safe pass or run- </P>

And having to settle for FG's instead of TD's - always an issue with us - one should have been for six.</P>Critical interceptions are ones that lead to losses.

Joe Morrison
12-25-2011, 06:24 PM

And having to settle for FG's instead of TD's - always an issue with us - one should have been for six.</P>

Critical interceptions are ones that lead to losses.</P>

We all jump on KG but it was Eli who changed the play at the line, saw what he thought was a good match up and Nicks not only missed it, but put it up in the air where the Jet backer made a nice int.</P>

29 points on the board, if the defense has had the light bulb finally turn on and they can play like that next week, we may be ready for another run.</P>

jomo
12-25-2011, 09:32 PM

Critical interceptions are ones that lead to losses.</P>

We all jump on KG but it was Eli who changed the play at the line, saw what he thought was a good match up and Nicks not only missed it, but put it up in the air where the Jet backer made a nice int.</P>

29 points on the board, if the defense has had the light bulb finally turn on and they can play like that next week, we may be ready for another run.</P>Sounds good to me!

Down-lifer
12-25-2011, 10:00 PM
"thrown too hard"? Seriously?I know, are you F'n serious???? Thrown too hard? The pass was perfect, Nicks has really sucked as late. He almost cost us the game again!!!! He dropped at least 3 balls yesterday not mention a TD! Give me a break...."thrown too hard" this is the NFL, catch the ball Nicks!!!!!

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 10:07 PM
INT's happen....It's football. We all watched it happen and know what happened, it's over, we won.

miked1958
12-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Here we*get the ball on our 20 after the Jets fumbled in the End Zone - and then first play from Killdrive is to throw a pass -* thrown too hard* by Eli and tipped interception* -* exhausted our valiant defense and ultimately resulted in cheap TD by Jets</P>

This is what kills me-* why throw with 8 minutes left on 1st down* - OK so you try to run and go three and out and punt*but put them way back- instead of on our teens.* Also we low percentage pass on 3d and 1 to Cruz early on instead of getting the first down with a safe pass or run-* </P>

And having to settle for FG's instead of TD's - always an issue with us *- one should have been for six.</P>
Well in fairness to Nicks he was held by revis prior to ball getting there on that play and the one in endzone.

Seems we have been making a habit of taking chance Deep on third and shorts alot lately instead of trying to move the chains

G-Men Surg.
12-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I guess nothing has changed ! If Eli bails out of a play and make it he is elite but if it doesn't work or isn't executed right he is a dumb &&.

YATittle1962
12-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Here we*get the ball on our 20 after the Jets fumbled in the End Zone - and then first play from Killdrive is to throw a pass -* thrown too hard* by Eli and tipped interception* -* exhausted our valiant defense and ultimately resulted in cheap TD by Jets</P>

This is what kills me-* why throw with 8 minutes left on 1st down* - OK so you try to run and go three and out and punt*but put them way back- instead of on our teens.* Also we low percentage pass on 3d and 1 to Cruz early on instead of getting the first down with a safe pass or run-* </P>

And having to settle for FG's instead of TD's - always an issue with us *- one should have been for six.</P>

Gilbride called a run....the box was stacked....Eli checked to the pass

lets not kill Gilbride for stuff he doesnt do....there is plenty to get on him for....this is not one of them

next

nygfanmaybe
12-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Regarding Revis...

I can't help but think about Greg Maddux when I think about Revis. For the longest time, Maddux could throw the ball 6" off the plate and get the call. With that in mind...he hardly ever threw it anywhere else. Who would throw a strike if he didn't have to throw one to get a called strike? When the umps stopped giving him that call, teams lit him up like the 4th of July.

Revis appears to grab his defender every time they are in close proximity...and seems to have the knack to time his interference or hide it in such a way that the refs don't see it or for whatever reason choose to ignore it.
If they ever start calling those PI's on him, he will not know how to play the game and will probably get penalized to the point that he will have to be replaced until he relearns how to play CB without interfering.

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 08:30 AM
why did it seem like Eli wanted to throw at Revis all game long?

He just wanted to see how many illegal contacts the refs were going to let Revis get away with in a single NFL game. Wound up be 13 & set a new NFL record for the most blown calls by refs in a regualarly scheduled NFL game.

chasjay
12-26-2011, 08:36 AM
There was nothing wrong with the play - just the execution. If you're in the National Football League, in a close game and the defense gives you a pass play, the offense takes it. Even with the Revis hold, it was a ball Hakeem should have caught. If Nicks had executed, we'd have had 1st and ten, or at worst, 2nd and short. Right call, wrong muff.

jacobavaro
12-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I agree with all of you but wasn't Revis a bit early on that play wasnt he riding Nicks all the way he does not get these calls. Dont get me wrong Revis is the best but when we get a BS call on that 4th down attempt it makes you wonder.

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 02:08 PM
If Eli audibled out of the run, shame on him. And why did it seem like Eli wanted to throw at Revis all game long? Revis IS the best CB in the league. Throw to the other side damn it! He throw at Revis when he was covering Nicks, Beckum and Barden. I didnt get that at all. </P>

Gilbrides playcalling was terrible in the begining. Perry finally saw the light and played more mano y mano and sent blitzes, and look what happened! We beat them up. But, the Jets do stink and are worse then the Cowboys, so lets not pat ourselves on the back yet.</P>

Nicks, what the hell is wrong with your hands all of a sudden!!!??? Is it the cold?</P>

Go Giants.</P>

Great game yesterday. Now bring that same intensity next week. Someone should create a rumor about how the Cowboys said they were the team of NY and cover our banners blaming it on Jerry Jones. Seems to be the only spark this team needs.</P>

Did you notice who the 1st pass of the day was thrown out. Nicks completion with Revis in coverage. Nicks needs to learn to get off the DB better on the line of scrimage since the regs aren't going to call anything on the DBs. Message to Nicks push the DB away from you with the forearm please.

nycisgreat
12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
"thrown too hard"? Seriously?

Yeah, I agree. Some times I wished Eli threw like Farve, Marino or Elway. That inception was all on Nicks. It wasn't the first or do I expect it to be the last time that Nick tips a ball in the air after he doesn't catch it.