PDA

View Full Version : 20 MINUTES OF REESE

eml
01-01-2013, 01:17 AM
If you haven't listened to Mr. Reese's, end of season press conference,DON'T. However since misery loves company, I'll share some interesting highlights with you. While fumbling, (pardon the unintended pun), for answers Mr. Reese offered us none but he did provide some gems for us to ponder for the upcoming months. For instance,

Yes Webster got burnt but teams were targeting those receivers and the cornerback position is a hard and LONELY one.

He's not a coach so his knowledge of some things is limited. I was hoping he knew the game of football and his team well enough to be able to discuss the problems with coaches. Maybe that's why TC and company get to take us on the roller coaster ride each year.

Wilson is a "world class athlete" and a potential star but he fumbled the ball in his first ever NFL game which upset the coaching staff so we benched a highly talented athlete. Of course Bradshaw and especially Barber, in the beginning of his career, fumbled plenty. He thought that not playing Wilson in the rotation was a sound move.

He feels sacks are somewhat over rated. We just needed to throw the QBs off their "spot". Also,he said that there are a lot of talented coaches in the NFL and they are coming up with great ways to stop our pass rush. Personally, I was thinking we would have talented coaches that figure out ways to stop them from stopping us. I thought that sacking a QB and pushing our opponent back 8 to 10 yds.with a loss of down was the ultimate way to throw the QB off his spot. I would settle for 3 to 5 sacks per game especially when you' re almost certain it's a passing down.QBs don't like being hit. It kind of throws them off their game.

He said something, to the effect, that we have talented LBs but I wasn't sure if he wants better ones. I suppose he does and since they will probably come from the draft, we may have to wait until 2014 to start them. I'm beginning to think even if they find another LT,(if that's possible), we may bench him if he misses one tackle.

Well it lifted up my spirits like a lead balloon.Sorry, I was never a Reese fan. He pops his head up once in awhile and provides us with these marvelous insights.Earn your pay, Mr. Reese, work the cap and get us some veterans that can and want to play. Oh, I forgot he loves OSI, A player who often gets pushed out so wide he's beginning to look like part of the sideline.

Well anyway, Happy New Year to everyone out there including all the members of the Giant's organization. We may ride them alot be we always wish them the best.

ibbill
01-01-2013, 01:25 AM
odd Bradshaw was fumbling once every 73.3 carries Wilson fumbled once on 71 carries.

ALLnygIN
01-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Reese isn't this mythical creature of football enlightenment like some people naively believe him to be. Or maybe he just plays dumb with some of the crap he says. "we have talented lber's" name one.. sacks are over rated? howd that work out for corey webster? without a pass rush it exposes our depleated and weak secondary. a rookie fumbles a ball???? nooo, you don't say... bench his ***. yeah, end of the year after a superbowl season.. we didn't make the playoffs.. another second half collapse, but hey... sacks?!?!?! whoo needs that... overated! , our most dynamic running back screw him he fumbled his first play in the nfl.. he needs to ride pine.. linebackers? oh we're staked at that position! give me a break Reese at least be honest!

gmen0820
01-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Honestly, and I'm still watching it as I type this, I think it's being handled very well. Reese is the only guy who can turn this around, and I am convinced that he will turn it around. I see Reese, and I see a guy who is staring at a tumultuous offseason between the cap, and the needs, etc...

And I marvel at how well he is composed.

G-Men Surg.
01-01-2013, 03:36 AM
In Webster's defense he played with a broken hand ( more or less a half season ).

greenca190
01-01-2013, 04:38 AM
odd Bradshaw was fumbling once every 73.3 carries Wilson fumbled once on 71 carries.

Maybe benching him after the first fumble had something to do with that?

He was 20 years old when we drafted him. Had fumbling problems at VTech. We have some time with him.

greenca190
01-01-2013, 04:39 AM
Honestly, and I'm still watching it as I type this, I think it's being handled very well. Reese is the only guy who can turn this around, and I am convinced that he will turn it around. I see Reese, and I see a guy who is staring at a tumultuous offseason between the cap, and the needs, etc...

Right? Perfect response. Who else in the NFL do you want running this team.

Rat_bastich
01-01-2013, 04:44 AM

One thing that you can say about the New York Giants' management for a long time has been their composure. They usually remain tight-lipped and professional. They never announce anything without every word thought about. They never have a knee-jerk reaction to anything and will sit in the media fire-pits to answer questions.

Remember when Osi was taking jabs at Reese through the media last year? Reese remained cool and calm and smoothed the whole thing over in the offseason, with both sides getting what they wanted. The man is the John Shaft of GMs.

I think the only think the only thing that may have come out from managment(to include owners) that may hvae just been a bit out of character were jabs that Mara threw out at Jones and Snyder. Of course, those were warranted and lighthearted jabs.

Rat_bastich
01-01-2013, 04:49 AM
In Webster's defense he played with a broken hand ( more or less a half season ).

I don't think that would effect his coverage skills. Maybe tackling, pass deflection and interceptions, but the guy was getting beat and sometimes by yards.

Baby Bulls
01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Corey Webster morphed into Elvis Patterson this season, let's hope he returns as himself next year.

RoanokeFan
01-01-2013, 09:07 AM

He is a professional brought up the ladder within the organization and understands the philosophy. He knows things now we didn't know going into 2012, most notably that Osi and Tuck would be mere shells of their former selves. There was no gradual drop off, it was a ****ing free fall that was a HUGE problem to have develop.

GameTime
01-01-2013, 09:07 AM
ehh .....whatever. Cant really listen to these guys too much. As fans we have to wait and see what transpires in the off season.

RoanokeFan
01-01-2013, 09:16 AM
ehh .....whatever. Cant really listen to these guys too much. As fans we have to wait and see what transpires in the off season.

Happy New Year Big Guy

GameTime
01-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Happy New Year Big Guy
You too Buckeroo....

drewz
01-01-2013, 10:11 AM
What do you expect him say? "Yeah, Webster is toast, he'll probably cut his *** as soon as we can"

Giantslb66
01-01-2013, 10:31 AM
The thing that strikes me is that JR didn't say "Hey, we won the Super Bowl last year. We can't win it every year." like so many on the MB were saying.

Rich4114
01-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Here's the thing. If you're getting paid like a top CB in the NFL then when you get abused by Joe Flacco there's simply no excuse. If Jaron Hosely got abused I wouldn't be concerned. He's a rookie and not making much. But our "top CB" making what, 8m/yr got abused and it's been all season long. How about the break downs in coverage? I feel like Webster is usually part of that. He came into this league and looked like a bust. Sam Madison showed him the way before it was too late and he became a top CB from 2007 on with spots of slipping here and there. But this season is a total regression if you ask me. We need a top CB on this team and one can be had once we remove the dead contract weight in Webster. He'd never get this money from anyone else. I'd rather they spend it on Osi.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I actually loved his press conference.

Didnt disagree with him on anything.