PDA

View Full Version : Draft what at 19

Red Dog
01-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Go on the record
Not who, but what position will JR draft at 19? Record your choice and gloat over the rest of us when it happens you were right

Mine: DE

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Ill go with DE too.

kbusch22
01-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I'd be shocked if it's not a DE. With Osi leaving and Tuck potentially being cut, there is a clear void.

Meanwhile Reese won't take an OL until the middle of the draft, and it will just be a project player.

EnragedYouth85
01-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I think we have 3 DE's on this team next year that can play, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP with some young guys that can fill in a rep or two during the games. I think we absolutely need to go LB or OL in the 1st round..

fletch842
01-01-2013, 10:32 AM
I think OL is the most pressing need area at this point. If there is a lineman available at that slot that is towards the top of the teams list, I think they take him. Really depends on who is available and how the Giants have them all rated.

JesseJames
01-01-2013, 10:33 AM
what I have learned over the years is that the Giants never ever draft what we on this board expect them to...

NorwoodBlue
01-01-2013, 10:34 AM
OL definitely, MLB if OL looks weak; so we'll draft a WR

Giantslb66
01-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I was watching Pro Football Talk yesterday and Peter King feels there will be more trading down out of the top 10 this year than any other because most of the teams there need QBs, and there are NO top 10 QBs in the draft. Could be interesting around draft time.

nhpgiantsfan
01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
DE would never shock me. But biggest need in the first round, IMO, is CB or LB.

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 10:50 AM
We need to draft OL, OL, and more OL. At the very least, a starting right tackle, 2 guards (one of which needs to start at LG), and a starting center... Oh and a CB for depth...

I think we need to see what we have in Ojomo and Tracy before spending a first-rounder on a DE. Plus if we can somehow lure away the Unicorn's brother (as said Unicorn wants to do), we'd be all set at DE...

Ruttiger711
01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Hopefully OL, but there is only middling talent Reese will go BPA.

BleedinBlue72
01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
We need a lockdown MLB!! A BEAST!!

miked1958
01-01-2013, 11:03 AM
I think OL is the most pressing need area at this point. If there is a lineman available at that slot that is towards the top of the teams list, I think they take him. Really depends on who is available and how the Giants have them all rated.im going to agree with you on this. Great OLine man in first Round and then LB or DE

GoDeep80
01-01-2013, 11:09 AM
1. DT- Sheldon Richardson- Isn't anyone else tired of not getting an interior pass rush? I'm sick of seeing QBs avoid getting sacked by stepping up because we have no pressure up the middle.

2. LB- Alec Ogletree- If we were to ever draft a LB that would fit this system it would be Ogletree. He is a former Saftey with great size and is an amazing athlete. He is a prtotypical Reese first round pick. He IS what a cover 2, 3-Down Linebacker.

3. RT- Jake Matthews- Will Beatty has solidified himself as a LT and Booth has been good as the LG but there is a HUGE hole at right tackle and Matthews might be the best for that position in the Draft.

gumby74
01-01-2013, 11:23 AM
DE or DT. It depends on if they really think Tuck and get back to what he was.

gumby74
01-01-2013, 11:24 AM
1. DT- Sheldon Richardson- Isn't anyone else tired of not getting an interior pass rush? I'm sick of seeing QBs avoid getting sacked by stepping up because we have no pressure up the middle.

2. LB- Alec Ogletree- If we were to ever draft a LB that would fit this system it would be Ogletree. He is a former Saftey with great size and is an amazing athlete. He is a prtotypical Reese first round pick. He IS what a cover 2, 3-Down Linebacker.

3. RT- Jake Matthews- Will Beatty has solidified himself as a LT and Booth has been good as the LG but there is a HUGE hole at right tackle and Matthews might be the best for that position in the Draft.

Beatty is a free agent. We'll need a LT also.

miked1958
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey I realize a Cowboys win would've meant traveling to NO and hosting the Rams. But third place would of moved us up in the Draft order. How many spots would we have gained? Anyone know? Would it matter in this draft without a ton of obvious breakout players

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey I realize a Cowboys win would've meant traveling to NO and hosting the Rams. But third place would of moved us up in the Draft order. How many spots would we have gained? Anyone know? Would it matter in this draft without a ton of obvious breakout players

Would still be at 19.

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
We need to draft OL, OL, and more OL. At the very least, a starting right tackle, 2 guards (one of which needs to start at LG), and a starting center... Oh and a CB for depth...

I think we need to see what we have in Ojomo and Tracy before spending a first-rounder on a DE. Plus if we can somehow lure away the Unicorn's brother (as said Unicorn wants to do), we'd be all set at DE...The Whole key to the Defense is pressure U dont fool around with UDFA's and late round picks u draft as much high quality talent at DE as possible if the other guys pan out so be it.

miked1958
01-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Would still be at 19.really? How does that work? Is it because we'd have better record then all the 3rd place teams and some of the 2nd place? Figured we'd at least move up one spot

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
corner

miked1958
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
If that's the case it was a win win with Washington winning. Got the easier road game next season with the 2nd place schedule (Carolina vs NO) and keep the same number 19 pick! Couldnt of worked out better unless we made playoffs

river555
01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
I think the fist 2 picks will be OT and DE in either order.

miked1958
01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Well I guess if we had lost to Philly our draft position would of improved quite a bit but I'll take the blow out over them any day!

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Well I guess if we had lost to Philly our draft position would of improved quite a bit but I'll take the blow out over them any day!

No, if they lost to philly it would have changed 1 spot.

big blue dog
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
1 oline 2corner 3interior oline or get one oline men in free agent market and go corner 1 dend 2

brad
01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
The Giants will always draft what they believe to be the best player available. But this would be my perfect scenario

First round: Manti Te'o (ILB) - I doubt he drops to 19 however. Barkevious Mingo (OLB) is another possibility with great speed but a bit of a project.

Second Round: Lane Johnson OT, has played both right and left. Another likely project but a big guy that should do well in the NFL

Third Round: Arthur Brown OLB or Sylvester Williams DT

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 12:08 PM
We need a lockdown MLB!! A BEAST!!not with the 19th pick unfortunately

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 12:10 PM
The Giants will always draft what they believe to be the best player available. But this would be my perfect scenario

First round: Manti Te'o (ILB) - I doubt he drops to 19 however. Barkevious Mingo (OLB) is another possibility with great speed but a bit of a project.

Second Round: Lane Johnson OT, has played both right and left. Another likely project but a big guy that should do well in the NFL

Third Round: Arthur Brown OLB or Sylvester Williams DTEagles will take Te'o, Jets will take Mingo, we'll get some guy no one has ever heard of.

ibbill
01-01-2013, 12:13 PM

I think we need to see what we have in Ojomo and Tracy before spending a first-rounder on a DE. Plus if we can somehow lure away the Unicorn's brother (as said Unicorn wants to do), we'd be all set at DE...

last time the NYG drafted a O line man first rd was 1999 Petitgout it is time

list of our drafts

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/draft.htm

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Eagles will take Te'o, Jets will take Mingo, we'll get some guy no one has ever heard of.

Eagles wont take Teo at 4. lol.

Eagles need CBs, maybe Millner. Or maybe they take another OT.

If you follow the draft at all, you will always have heard of the players the giants take.

brad
01-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Eagles will take Te'o, Jets will take Mingo, we'll get some guy no one has ever heard of.

Probably more realistic in the first round is Alec Ogletree,ILB from Georgia... still a good pick IMO

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Probably more realistic in the first round is Alec Ogletree,ILB from Georgia... still a good pick IMO

He hasent declared, and I really dont think hes worth a first round pick either. I think hes a late 2nd or 3rd round prospect.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
He hasent declared, and I really dont think hes worth a first round pick either. I think hes a late 2nd or 3rd round prospect.A draft is like a gamble he may not be worth a 1st round pick but he may be gone in the 2nd. I don't know much about him but will take a look at his vids.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 12:22 PM
A draft is like a gamble he may not be worth a 1st round pick but he may be gone in the 2nd. I don't know much about him but will take a look at his vids.

Its not a gamble. As players declare and everyone goes through the process you get a good idea of where players will go, at least for the first couple rounds.

ALLnygIN
01-01-2013, 12:24 PM
CB or LB or DE I'd be really happy with a CB or LB if their talent is 1st round quality... I'm hesistant to use a 1st round pick on an oline men.. but, I wouldn't be overly dissapointed.

miked1958
01-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Eagles will take Te'o, Jets will take Mingo, we'll get some guy no one has ever heard of.unless they Trade up which they never do. I say trade down seeing we won't get the guys talked about here anyway. Trading down will get us more picks in the later rounds. A trait BB and the Pats have Mastered to improve each year

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 12:55 PM
was looking at the mock drafts and bleacher report has us taking Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State

Ladder27
01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I would like to see our O line improved before Defense right now then draft Defense later rounds. I would really like to see our running game picked up first.

Jahh
01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking DT might be the biggest priority

NYGabriel
01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
QB

big blue dog
01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
agree

alentown pa
01-01-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't know how deep this pos is but I'll go with corner...someone for the future to play opposite of Prince.

Kase-1
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Lets see, DE, CB, Safety, OL, DT,would all be OK with me. I really want a premier OL talent in the early rounds.

I Bleed Blue 56
01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
We really need a linebacker more than anything else. We dont need a DE with Tracy and Ojomo waiting. We need linebackers bad since Kiwi will move back to his rotation and Chase being a FA. Boley is on the downhill and though I like Williams we need some more young depth there. Someone who can play good run defense and run side to side.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
We really need a linebacker more than anything else. We dont need a DE with Tracy and Ojomo waiting.

I really dont understand why everyone is couting on Tracy and Ojomo being great players. So what if they beat up on a couple backups in preseason. Sintim did that too.

bigbluetribe
01-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I really dont understand why everyone is couting on Tracy and Ojomo being great players. So what if they beat up on a couple backups in preseason. Sintim did that too.
The thing is we have no idea what they are when they dont get a chance. Look what WIlson and Randle did when given a shot. Bradshaw too when he came out a few years back. It would be dumb to draft dline when we need OL and LB help more than anything and those two positions are near impossible to fill in FA or UDFA. We can get corners and some DE, DT from FA but we need to go OL and LB in early rounds.

And I doubt we trade up, I dont see anyone worth what we would need to give up in a position where we could trade up. But it would be cool to draft Te'o

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't know how deep this pos is but I'll go with corner...someone for the future to play opposite of Prince.

Xavier Rhodes is his name

Astorian
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
We really need a linebacker more than anything else. We dont need a DE with Tracy and Ojomo waiting. We need linebackers bad since Kiwi will move back to his rotation and Chase being a FA. Boley is on the downhill and though I like Williams we need some more young depth there. Someone who can play good run defense and run side to side.

Trade up for Manti Te'o. He's a monster sideline to sideline, plays instinctively, and is a natural leader. He could be another Sam Huff or Harry Carson.

egyptian420
01-01-2013, 02:06 PM
what I have learned over the years is that the Giants never ever draft what we on this board expect them to...lol seriously man, I won't even bother trying to predict the pick. I can see us spending it on any position other than QB and RB.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM
The thing is we have no idea what they are when they dont get a chance. Look what WIlson and Randle did when given a shot.

Wilson and Randle were both highly touted, 1st and 2nd rounders. Ojomo was a non-factor as a player in college. Tracy was decent, but was playing against low competition.

Bradshaw too was a good college player, but had off the field issues.

OL and LB are far easier to find in FA than good pass rushers. Good pass rushers always cost a fortune.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Trade up for Manti Te'o. He's a monster sideline to sideline, plays instinctively, and is a natural leader. He could be another Sam Huff or Harry Carson.

Hes not a sideline to sideline player. Hes an inside player who isnt that great in coverage. Best fit is likely inside in a 3-4. Kuechly was a much much better prospect last season.

And Im a ND fan, but Te'o hype is mostly nonsense.

ny06
01-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I want a defensive end who eats qb's for lunch.

Diamondring
01-01-2013, 02:25 PM
A OT.

big blue dog
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
OT Jake Mathews bruce mathews son they say hes NFL ready right tackle.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 02:32 PM
I want a defensive end who eats qb's for lunch.I want a defense that eats anyone for lunch, RB, WR, QB

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 02:32 PM
OT Jake Mathews bruce mathews son they say hes NFL ready right tackle.

he'll be gone before #19.. Eric Fisher is more likley

Dwinsballgames
01-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I'd be shocked if it's not a DE. With Osi leaving and Tuck potentially being cut, there is a clear void.

Meanwhile Reese won't take an OL until the middle of the draft, and it will just be a project player.

where did you hear that?

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
The thing is we have no idea what they are when they dont get a chance. Look what WIlson and Randle did when given a shot. Bradshaw too when he came out a few years back. It would be dumb to draft dline when we need OL and LB help more than anything and those two positions are near impossible to fill in FA or UDFA. We can get corners and some DE, DT from FA but we need to go OL and LB in early rounds.

And I doubt we trade up, I dont see anyone worth what we would need to give up in a position where we could trade up. But it would be cool to draft Te'oWilson and Randle are light years more talented then those 2

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Wilson and Randle were both highly touted, 1st and 2nd rounders. Ojomo was a non-factor as a player in college. Tracy was decent, but was playing against low competition.

Bradshaw too was a good college player, but had off the field issues.

OL and LB are far easier to find in FA than good pass rushers. Good pass rushers always cost a fortune. U can get interior lineman starters in FA for far less money then an impact pass rusher or cover corner

FlyingTruck
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Inside LB

titwio
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm all in favor of drafting another CB this year. If Jonathan Banks is available I wouldn't have any problem with Reese pulling the trigger.

If not CB then OL...Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones, Eric Fisher.

big blue dog
01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
but we need a tackle un less we grab one in free agency then go d end or corner in the draft and then more oline when eli is getting hit and hurried its just hard to be effective.

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I want to see a premium position picked either Pass Rusher or Cornerback. Team got to cute last year in the draft

shane4177
01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Definately a DE or a DT. We need to keep the rotation young and fresh for the Dline, that is our bread and butter. If not one of those then I would say Oline or CB.

BigBlue in P.A.
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
1st round Eric Fisher ot Central Michigan,Eric Reid fs LSU,Jesse williams Dt Bama.
2nd round Chase Thomas lb stanford,or Niko johnson lb Bama.
3rd round Tank Carradine de fsu,Terry Hawthorne cb Illinois

C1010
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
It has to be a line position. I'm guessing either T or DT.

TheBookOfEli
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Either Tackle, Guard, or DE.

TheAnalyst
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM
BPAI'll take Zeek Ansah or Alex Ogletree though. Olgetree would be great because we would have a perfect LB to help with TEs and RG3 scrambling, and it would move Kiwi back to DE.

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 05:24 PM
I say linebacker because that is the one position where there aren't many good solutions to in free agency. This years free agency has plenty of talent on the dline, and oline. My targets defensively are Michael Johnson who had 11.5 sacks this year and Henry Melton who is a pass rushing beast up the middle. On the other side of the ball I would like us to target Andre Smith and Andy Levitre.

drewz
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM
I'd go cornerback.. a good press physical corner that can lineup and shutdown an opposing teams #1.. Xavier Rhodes, or Johnthan Banks.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
I'd go cornerback.. a good press physical corner that can lineup and shutdown an opposing teams #1.. Xavier Rhodes, or Johnthan Banks.

Despite rarely playing press or man?

drewz
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Despite rarely playing press or man?

That's what needs to change

BROADWAYSTORM
01-01-2013, 06:29 PM
DT is really deep. DE is a lot of raw tweener guys. I'd rather get a very good DT. We need to get rid of Canty and his cap hit plus he is so overrated. Our run defense and push up the middle is atrocious.

Greatone80
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I think we have 3 DE's on this team next year that can play, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP with some young guys that can fill in a rep or two during the games. I think we absolutely need to go LB or OL in the 1st round..

I want a LB or a CB if possible.I hate webster,and mad we couldnt re sign ross last year.I know ross left for big bucks,but if the jags cut him,i want him back.Webster cant catch a cold these days. I think we really,really need help with CBS and our LB corps.I think rivers is gone,but still hope blackburn and boley return.

Blackula31
01-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Hes not a sideline to sideline player. Hes an inside player who isnt that great in coverage. Best fit is likely inside in a 3-4. Kuechly was a much much better prospect last season.

And Im a ND fan, but Te'o hype is mostly nonsense. x2 People need to stop with the Te'o overhyping... dude had a great season... but he isnt that "can't miss" prospect like people think he is... I think a million other college players could have thrived at his position in that defense. I grew up in South Bend... but I ABSOLUTELY HATE Notre Dame (long story)... Manti's stock has fallen since the end of the regular season...

Here is what one person has written about him =

Also (and this doesn't get mentioned enough), Te'o simply isn't a great athlete. He's not Patrick Willis. Instead, look for Te'o to run somewhere around a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash and perform about average in all agility tests at the combine.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM
x2 People need to stop with the Te'o overhyping... dude had a great season... but he isnt that "can't miss" prospect like people think he is... I think a million other college players could have thrived at his position in that defense. I grew up in South Bend... but I ABSOLUTELY HATE Notre Dame (long story)... Manti's stock has fallen since the end of the regular season...

Also (and this doesn't get mentioned enough), Te'o simply isn't a great athlete. He's not Patrick Willis. Instead, look for Te'o to run somewhere around a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash and perform about average in all agility tests at the combine.Te'o may be overrated but he is better than anyone we currently have, but there's no point in talking about him since we won't get him at the 19th pick.

Eliscruzzz
01-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Beatty is a free agent. We'll need a LT also.Beatty's not going anywhere...why would they get rid of him??

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 07:03 PM
the only middle linebacker who is worth the #19 pick that could be available is Ogletree.. Te'o will be long gone.

GoDeep80
01-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Guys I would love at 19. Alec Ogletree, Johnthan Banks, Sheldon Richardson, Jake Matthews, Alex Okafor. Sam Montgomery

Guys I wouldn't mind. Ziggy Ansah, Eric Fisher, Kenny Vaccarro.

Guys I want no part of. Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, any other safety, any TE, RB, QB, or WR in the first,

speed3freak
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
x2 People need to stop with the Te'o overhyping... dude had a great season... but he isnt that "can't miss" prospect like people think he is... I think a million other college players could have thrived at his position in that defense. I grew up in South Bend... but I ABSOLUTELY HATE Notre Dame (long story)... Manti's stock has fallen since the end of the regular season...

Also (and this doesn't get mentioned enough), Te'o simply isn't a great athlete. He's not Patrick Willis. Instead, look for Te'o to run somewhere around a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash and perform about average in all agility tests at the combine.

People said the exact same crap about Kuechly last year, and he blew the scouts away at the combine. He was too slow, not fluid enough and not a sideline-to-sideline guy. I guarantee Te'o performs admirably at the combine.

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I say linebacker because that is the one position where there aren't many good solutions to in free agency. This years free agency has plenty of talent on the dline, and oline. My targets defensively are Michael Johnson who had 11.5 sacks this year and Henry Melton who is a pass rushing beast up the middle. On the other side of the ball I would like us to target Andre Smith and Andy Levitre.FA Pass Rushers are way more expensive then FA LB's

Blackula31
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
People said the exact same crap about Kuechly last year, and he blew the scouts away at the combine. He was too slow, not fluid enough and not a sideline-to-sideline guy. I guarantee Te'o performs admirably at the combine. He's good not great... he will never be a speed burner at LB... he had a great college career ... but he will finish middle of the pack as at LB... We all know that most of the better players get combine coaching so they can master the different events at the combine... I dont see him EXCELLING at anything.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 08:20 PM
People said the exact same crap about Kuechly last year, and he blew the scouts away at the combine. He was too slow, not fluid enough and not a sideline-to-sideline guy. I guarantee Te'o performs admirably at the combine.

I think fans were saying that about Kuechly. Rarely heard scouts knock anything about Kuechly's game. Kuechly is/was a far far better prospect than Te'o.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
He's good not great... he will never be a speed burner at LB... he had a great college career ... but he will finish middle of the pack as at LB...

there could be a real chance teo slips to the 15th pick or so,,,most of the teams ahead of us have more pressing issues besides linebacker except for maybe pittsburg,,possibly buffalo,,,the question is if the raiders don't come out of nowhere and grab him and he does slip to say 15 or 16,,will he be graded high enough on the giants big board to trade up a few spots? reese is all about bpa and value so i don't really know if he would bite. I honestly don't see teo as a game changer at all,,but what he does bring is a winning attitude,,great work ethic,,and most important,,leadership. when I hear this guys name I think of greg jones.

Captain Chaos
01-01-2013, 08:48 PM
DE or CB both are needs!

Astorian
01-01-2013, 09:08 PM

No, Te'o is not a super athlete. Neither were Huff and Carson. What Te'o brings is an instinctive nose for the football, great football IQ, and relentless heart. These are precisely the qualities our D lacked this year. And that's why we should go all out to draft him.

Roosevelt
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
CB -

Kiwi's moving to DE. Our young LB's will be given a chance to start.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
CB -

Kiwi's moving to DE. Our young LB's will be given a chance to start.

sorry man but we have no good linebackers on this team,,,sure the young guys are serviceable but we need a stud or 2 in the middle,,like the old days....our backers all do one thing well,,,we need diversity at that position in this day and age.

Blackula31
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
No, Te'o is not a super athlete. Neither were Huff and Carson. What Te'o brings is an instinctive nose for the football, great football IQ, and relentless heart. These are precisely the qualities our D lacked this year. And that's why we should go all out to draft him. Be more realistic about what you are saying... and if he doesnt pan out??? Let me guess there is no way that happens??? The NFL is totally different than college... and there have been many "GREATS" that didnt make the transition... If it was as simple as you make it sound then Mark Herzlich should be a perennial pro bowler right??? He has all of those things that Teo has, and lacks speed. Chase Blackburn as well...

egyptian420
01-01-2013, 09:51 PM
draft this guy ↓

Blackula31
01-01-2013, 09:57 PM
^ Too bad he will be the #1 pick in 2014... Clowney is EASILY the best defensive player in the country... but everyone has spent all year gushing over Teo. Just think he's only a sophomore.

cornerback30
01-01-2013, 10:15 PM
best corner at that spot with best cover skills,cause our pass defense sucked all year long.Prince held his own but Webster disappointed big time and it showed

giantsfan420
He's good not great... he will never be a speed burner at LB... he had a great college career ... but he will finish middle of the pack as at LB... We all know that most of the better players get combine coaching so they can master the different events at the combine... I dont see him EXCELLING at anything.really? he had like 140 tackles as a rookie iirc i think more but i could be confusing him with someone else. i know a lot of those tackles were 5 yds downfield, but he showed me a lot. if carolina puts a good pair of DT's in front of him, he could be a beast.

Cloud57
^ Too bad he will be the #1 pick in 2014... Clowney is EASILY the best defensive player in the country... but everyone has spent all year gushing over Teo. Just think he's only a sophomore.I guess we won't be able to get him either in 2014. We haven't had a consistent impact player on defense for quite some time. Many believe JPP would be that guy but he's not, he's still a solid player nonetheless.

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
egyptian- u think he'll drop that far to us????thatd be sick but if hes dropping that far, who knows...that clip is unreal tho

gmen0820
01-01-2013, 10:22 PM
draft this guy ↓NFL draft rules a bad deal for Jadeveon Clowney (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/nfl-draft-rules-a-bad-deal-for-jadeveon-clowney/)

Blackula31
01-01-2013, 10:22 PM
really? he had like 140 tackles as a rookie iirc i think more but i could be confusing him with someone else. i know a lot of those tackles were 5 yds downfield, but he showed me a lot. if carolina puts a good pair of DT's in front of him, he could be a beast. That was in reference to Teo...

Astorian
01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Be more realistic about what you are saying... and if he doesnt pan out??? Let me guess there is no way that happens??? The NFL is totally different than college... and there have been many "GREATS" that didnt make the transition... If it was as simple as you make it sound then Mark Herzlich should be a perennial pro bowler right??? He has all of those things that Teo has, and lacks speed. Chase Blackburn as well...

I'm not saying Te'o 'can't miss'. And I'm not saying it's easy to make the transition from college to the NFL. But he's a sure tackler, hits harder than Herzlich or Blackburn, and he's faster than Herzlich. He's got attitude, never gives up, has good hands, and is always looking to make the big play. He's Harry Carson with speed, Sam Huff with brains. He's tough and dependable. He's the kind of team player who makes the guys around him better. We need him.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm not saying Te'o 'can't miss'. And I'm not saying it's easy to make the transition from college to the NFL. But he's a sure tackler, hits harder than Herzlich or Blackburn, and he's faster than Herzlich. He's got attitude, never gives up, has good hands, and is always looking to make the big play. He's Harry Carson with speed, Sam Huff with brains. He's tough and dependable. He's the kind of team player who makes the guys around him better. We need him.

he is not a game changer,,he is slow in coverage,,and to be honest,,if he didnt play for ND most of us would not have even heard of him,,he benefits greatly from his defensive front,,,,his value is as a leader,,,but we unfortunately need a leader and a game changer at that position....as I stated earlier, when I think of this guy I see greg jones. now I am not saying he won't pan out,,but he is no patrick willis or ray lewis,,not even close.

myles2424
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Hard to say wich in the 1st round....but I think we can all agree CB or DE will be highly on the radar....
Do we blame crappy coverage on the fact that our pass rush sucked? Or because our CBs just aren't that good?
Do we blame the popular double teamed excuse for JPP not producing? Or have Osi/tuck fallen apart & JPP been overrated from 2011?
Is Ansah worthy of a top 20 pick? Could we look at Montgomery,Okafor,mingo & truly say they could easily be BPA & not forcing a need?
Are banks & Rhodes potential shutdown corners?
Would any of these guys be worth taking while passing on warmack or Mathews? Guys that could very well make a difference on the Oline early even as rookies?

I honestly think a DT like Richardson that can offer a interior pass rush wich we don't have would be a ideal pick....

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 10:57 PM
if Ansah is there.. He'll be the pick.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 11:01 PM
if Ansah is there.. He'll be the pick.I don't see what all the hype is about Ansah, he looks slow to me

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't see what all the hype is about Ansah, he looks slow to me

the giants will pick BPA like they always do,,,watch for somebody to slip a la prince. it could be teo,,,then what?

myles2424
01-01-2013, 11:05 PM
One things forsure, until the combine we really don't have a realistic idea of where guys are going go......every year there's guys that people assume are 2nd round picks that go in the top 25.....or guys that are supposedly top 10-15 that fall

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't see what all the hype is about Ansah, he looks slow to me

just seems like JPP all over again.. 6'6 270lbs, just a total freak

I think his stock will rise before April (kind of like Chandler Jones) but if he's there, Reese will scoop him up

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
just seems like JPP all over again.. 6'6 270lbs, just a total freak

I think his stock will rise before April (kind of like Chandler Jones) but if he's there, Reese will scoop him up

I hear ya but not everyone of these 6'6, 270lb freaks with little football experience is gonna pan out,,so extreme cation should be applied.

GoDeep80
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't see what all the hype is about Ansah, he looks slow to meAnsah might be many things but "slow" is NOT one.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Ansah might be many things but "slow" is NOT one.

4.8 40 time compared to dion jordans 4.65

GoDeep80
01-01-2013, 11:18 PM
4.8 40 time compared to dion jordans 4.65I've watched his tape and the guy has great closing speed and amazing jump off the snap. 40 times are trash.

G-Men Surg.
01-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Go on the record
Not who, but what position will JR draft at 19? Record your choice and gloat over the rest of us when it happens you were right

The Giants have big question marks on the O-line, Beatty and Boothe are free agents and DD seems like he has little left on the tank, unless he is willing to take a paycut of that 4 plus mill he is owed I don't see him coming back, either way I do see a NEED at O-line .

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 11:21 PM
I've watched his tape and the guy has great closing speed and amazing jump off the snap. 40 times are trash.

i would be curious to see what his other times will be,,,as well as bench press,,but sorry,,,not impressed overall,,,lots of guys are quick off the ball in colloge,,does it translate to the NFL? every athletically, raw freak will not turn out to be JPP. I feel we will have better options at that pick,,,if he is gone it will be only because other teams are trying to follow our lead.

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
alot of DEs are 3-4 OLBs.. Ansah is a 4-3 DE, would look great opposite JPP

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 11:37 PM
does anyone know if there are any good RBs in the draft that are "wilson like" because from what I've heard there aren't many good RBs this year and that would mean Wilson was actually a good pick.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-01-2013, 11:50 PM
does anyone know if there are any good RBs in the draft that are "wilson like" because from what I've heard there aren't many good RBs this year and that would mean Wilson was actually a good pick.

not many with wilsons talent,,but a few good ones,,montee ball,,eddie lacy(whom I would love to have),,,etc.

rainierjef
01-01-2013, 11:58 PM
I am interested in how we approach this draft. We will see the direction this team is going based on who is there and who gets selected.
Right now looking at the QB situation and the teams that are going to reach for them, T'eo might be there at 19. Ansah will be there as well, Eric fisher, sheldon richardson might drop here as well, xavier rhodes might i doubt it but i would not be surprised but poyer definitely, and Eric Reid. If these guys were all available, i would hate my job.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
I am interested in how we approach this draft. We will see the direction this team is going based on who is there and who gets selected.
Right now looking at the QB situation and the teams that are going to reach for them, T'eo might be there at 19. Ansah will be there as well, Eric fisher, sheldon richardson might drop here as well, xavier rhodes might i doubt it but i would not be surprised but poyer definitely, and Eric Reid. If these guys were all available, i would hate my job.man i got some work to do. i know absolutely nothing about those players except a little bit on teo

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:10 AM
he is not a game changer,,he is slow in coverage,,and to be honest,,if he didnt play for ND most of us would not have even heard of him,,he benefits greatly from his defensive front,,,,his value is as a leader,,,but we unfortunately need a leader and a game changer at that position....as I stated earlier, when I think of this guy I see greg jones. now I am not saying he won't pan out,,but he is no patrick willis or ray lewis,,not even close.really? i thought he looked real good dropping off in coverage at least to the point a nfl coach can mold him...hmm maybe im way off on him he seems to me he can be a game changer. remember everyone was saying burfect had no chance, and look how that played out...teo has a ton of heart and obvioous talent and potential.

ShakeandBake
01-02-2013, 12:12 AM
OT/CB

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:15 AM
4.8 40 time compared to dion jordans 4.65

Where are you getting these times?

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Jordan weighs around 30 lbs less than Ansah so if does indeed have a better 40 time, that shouldn't be so surprising.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Where are you getting these times?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/DE.php

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:31 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/DE.php

Those are just guesses.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Jordan weighs around 30 lbs less than Ansah so if does indeed have a better 40 time, that shouldn't be so surprising.

the weight doesnt mean much,,40 times are skewed for all heights and weights,,,some big men are faster than anticipated where some smaller guys are slower than anticipated. I dont put much on 4o times anyway,,,I am just not impressed with the ansah kid,,,not every freakishly big, raw athlete is gonna turn into JPP,,I think too many people are blinded by that. we can do better with the first pick,,especially if somebody drops a la prince.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Those are just guesses.

they must be based on something,,,I dont think they are just throwing numbers out there.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:34 AM
they must be based on something,,,I dont think they are just throwing numbers out there.

They are based on how fast whoever watching them on TV believes they could be. IE guesses.

Lets wait until the combine and prodays to be picking apart players based on 40 times.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:36 AM
They are based on how fast whoever watching them on TV believes they could be. IE guesses.

Lets wait until the combine and prodays to be picking apart players based on 40 times.

who was picking apart players? It was in response to what somebody else posted,,,i dont like him in general,,40 time or not.

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 12:38 AM
who was picking apart players? It was in response to what somebody else posted,,,i dont like him in general,,40 time or not.

Who would you prefer at the 19th spot versus Ansah? And who do you realistically expect to drop that far to become the BPA? Just curious what you have in mind.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:39 AM

You replied to someone saying Ansah isnt slow with a guessed 40 time and a comparison to Dion Jordan's guessed time.

I dont care if you dont like Ansah. But a guessed 40 time is perhaps the most meaningless thing in any debate about prospects

And for the record, Ansah ran track 2 years ago. Ran a 10.91 100 yard. Mathematically that is sub 4.5. So yea, Ansah is not "slow"

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
can u guys post clips for the clueless guys like me. i wish i had something to go with ur guys descriptions. whose this ansah? lol i need to get cracking i cant believe i fell that far behind. time flies when ur out of it...

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
im sure someones done the "ansah is the answer" joke attempt

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:41 AM
websites put out guessed 40 times now lmao thats pathetic haha no offense to anyone

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 12:42 AM
can u guys post clips for the clueless guys like me. i wish i had something to go with ur guys descriptions. whose this ansah? lol i need to get cracking i cant believe i fell that far behind. time flies when ur out of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JxQlaxBHU

Harooni
01-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Matt Barkley he will fall to us

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:44 AM

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/ezekiel-ansah

That site has links to videos of almost every prospect who is likely a 3rd round pick or earlier

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Who would you prefer at the 19th spot versus Ansah? And who do you realistically expect to drop that far to become the BPA? Just curious what you have in mind.

all i am saying is that every kid that comes along like JPP isnt going to be JPP..we have a need at DE, OL,,CB, S, DT, and LB. as far as who? it is almost impossible to say, but somebody always drops,,it could be teo,,not that I want him but what if he is there? many on this board love him, I am not one. I say we pick BPA based on actual position of need. I just want who ever they pick to pan out.

VBGiantsFan
01-02-2013, 12:45 AM
I would like for Reese to pursue the honey badger. Weed doesn't take away how talented he is. He was considered better than Claibourne last year.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:46 AM
I would like for Reese to pursue the honey badger. Weed doesn't take away how talented he is. He was considered better than Claibourne last year.

No he wasent. Hes 5'9 180 pounds and he was never a capable cover guy to begin with.

He will be fortunate to get drafted.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:46 AM

the kid is small but one hell of a ballhawk,,,prob rounds 3-6.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 12:47 AM
No he wasent. Hes 5'9 180 pounds and he was never a capable cover guy to begin with.

He will be fortunate to get drafted.

the kid is always around the ball, something you can't teach,,somebody will take a flier on this kid in a later round.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:50 AM
thanks enigma and slip.

from the primitive standpoint I hold, he looks like he could be a JPP type pick. He was a track star, so u have to assume his athleticism as a DE would be amazing. but his game, again i acknowledge i dont have near as good as info on it as u guys, looks like he does have holes. he got pushed down the line pretty badly in that game. he made plays and displayed freak ability and also looked irrelevant some snaps too...

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
the kid is always around the ball, something you can't teach,,somebody will take a flier on this kid in a later round.

Doubtful. NFL doesnt tend to forgive players for repeated off the field mistakes, especially ones that have major flaws in their game to begin with.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
honey badger could be an awesome late round pick imo.

u guys think ansah will be available 19th?

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
all i am saying is that every kid that comes along like JPP isnt going to be JPP..we have a need at DE, OL,,CB, S, DT, and LB. as far as who? it is almost impossible to say, but somebody always drops,,it could be teo,,not that I want him but what if he is there? many on this board love him, I am not one. I say we pick BPA based on actual position of need. I just want who ever they pick to pan out.

DE will be a large position of need for us in the upcoming draft though and with the way Reese values measurables, Ansah is a strong possibility if he is still there at 19. I could see someone like Mingo or even Jordan competing in terms of athleticism but Ansah offers the best potential in terms of being an all around DE and not just being a pass rush specialist.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:53 AM
u guys think ansah will be available 19th?

Dont know yet with the juniors not declared and a lot of the draft process to go. Its possible Ansah is the 2nd DE taken and doesnt make it past 5.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:54 AM
ansah does look pretty amazing. he is an awesome piece of clay for a DC to mold. him and JPP would be nasty

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 01:02 AM
I dunno, if we don't get Ansah at 19, it would be a nice alternative plan if we could somehow acquire Tank Carradine in the 2nd or even 3rd (doubt it though). Chance Warmack would be an awesome prospect to acquire at 19 but how amazing would he have to be at the Combine/Senior Bowl for Reese to consider him there?

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Doubtful. NFL doesnt tend to forgive players for repeated off the field mistakes, especially ones that have major flaws in their game to begin with.

disagree,,the NFL is always looking for the next big thing, lightning in a bottle, whatever,,,,,somebody will take a chance on him,,he's small but is dynamic in the return game and like I said, a ball hawk. His off the feild mistake is pot,,somebody will overlook that,,and I am going to say he goes to the eagles in thr 6th or 7th round. he has flaws but he has major pluses as well. plenty of guys have come into the league with off the field issues,,,some much worse than this.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 01:10 AM
I dunno, if we don't get Ansah at 19, it would be a nice alternative plan if we could somehow acquire Tank Carradine in the 2nd or even 3rd (doubt it though). Chance Warmack would be an awesome prospect to acquire at 19 but how amazing would he have to be at the Combine/Senior Bowl for Reese to consider him there?

if he is as good as you think,,he will be gone. everybody kicked themselves for passing on JPP,,,he could be the next from what you say.

Harooni
01-02-2013, 01:11 AM
msybe we will make a move for tyler wilson ,he is that hybrid rodgers/big ben type

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 01:12 AM
His off the feild mistake is pot,,

No, his off the field mistake is being told he would be kicked off the team if he did it again, and him doing it again. Then after he got kicked off the team he got arrested for it.

That is pretty substantial. NFL is willing with guys who learn from their mistakes, Mathieu has shown he doesnt learn.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 01:12 AM
what if teo falls to us? do you think jerry will have him high on our board? he seems to be the other guy people want besides ansah.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 01:15 AM
No, his off the field mistake is being told he would be kicked off the team if he did it again, and him doing it again. Then after he got kicked off the team he got arrested for it.

That is pretty substantial. NFL is willing with guys who learn from their mistakes, Mathieu has shown he doesnt learn.

we will see,,,still say somebody like the eagles as stated or the bengals,,bills, dolphins are gonna bite,,,,the nfl is not all about the right thing all the time,,,i mean that dude from dallas that killed his teammate was on the sideline for a game right after it happened. all I am saying is dont be surprised.

bearbryant
01-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Unless their is an unexpected player at 19 he best way to improve this team is to draft a O lineman... All things being equal. A better O line will put more points on the board, the rest of the offense is there... Not so on the D, even though the needs exist.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Unless their is an unexpected player at 19 he best way to improve this team is to draft a O lineman... All things being equal. A better O line will put more points on the board, the rest of the offense is there... Not so on the D, even though the needs exist.

It doesn't actually work that way. Almost always teams who insert rookie OL take a step back. And the giants OL for the most part played pretty well last season. Beatty is a legitimate LT. The interior since 2011 was hughly improved. And Locklear before he got hurt played well at RT. even Diehl had the best season he's had in 3 years at RT.

Where are you going to plug a guy in and expect huge return? At RT? Even if you found some all-pro in the draft it would make a minor difference to the offense as a whole

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 01:40 AM
I dunno, if we don't get Ansah at 19, it would be a nice alternative plan if we could somehow acquire Tank Carradine in the 2nd or even 3rd (doubt it though). Chance Warmack would be an awesome prospect to acquire at 19 but how amazing would he have to be at the Combine/Senior Bowl for Reese to consider him there?u, slip, and as much as it pains me to say, rainer are the people i get draft day info on. gonna check some clips and what not on them.

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Where are you going to plug a guy in and expect huge return? At RT? Even if you found some all-pro in the draft it would make a minor difference to the offense as a whole

In regards to RT, I think Reese will trust his drafts/Locklear for our guy in 2013. From his postseason interview, it still sounds like he expects Brewer to be a contributor and also mentioned Mosley and McCants as possibilities.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 01:45 AM
It doesn't actually work that way. Almost always teams who insert rookie OL take a step back. And the giants OL for the most part played pretty well last season. Beatty is a legitimate LT. The interior since 2011 was hughly improved. And Locklear before he got hurt played well at RT. even Diehl had the best season he's had in 3 years at RT.

Where are you going to plug a guy in and expect huge return? At RT? Even if you found some all-pro in the draft it would make a minor difference to the offense as a wholewell i disagree there only from a schematic POV. I feel adding a top notch RT makes the entire offense better. I'll concede, AT TIMES, the interior played decent.
But there was a lot of hot trash from the OL lets not bs ourselves. I cannot dismiss the shut out and the Balt game, that was brutal. A top notch RT, or LT and move Beatty to RT, AND an interior top notch OL, and our offense is top 3 and unstoppable.

but conversely, I think if we can add a threat like JPP to the DL, the ENTIRE d improves dramatically as well.

I think its fair to say this draft will be focused on the trenches, whichever value is best will determine OL or DL. the draft could very well end up where the best value is OL not only 1rst, but 2nd round too. Could go that way for the DL...we'll see. u guys got the scoop on the potential candidates thanks for that

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
i think its safe to say "skill positions" shouldnt be high on the priority list. possibly a corner if the values there, but we've invested a lot into that already with prince and hosely. u know how JR is, "we expect them to contribute and play to the level we believe they can." just dont know but id bet trenches are heavy this draft

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 01:51 AM
i think its safe to say "skill positions" shouldnt be high on the priority list. possibly a corner if the values there, but we've invested a lot into that already with prince and hosely. u know how JR is, "we expect them to contribute and play to the level we believe they can." just dont know but id bet trenches are heavy this draft

It's a trench draft so you're most likely correct. It's a bad year to go looking for guys at the skill positions. Lots of good pass rushers, deep at DT, some versatile offensive linemen...one of the worst QB classes in years. It's going to be interesting come April for the NFL.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 01:52 AM
whats ur take on the talent pool at OL, any standouts on ur guys radar

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 02:04 AM
whats ur take on the talent pool at OL, any standouts on ur guys radar

Let's see...

Luke Joeckel is seen as the next great LT like Matt Kalil was last year. Top 5 pick and is expected to go to Philly.

Chance Warmack is an excellent prospect at the G position. Heck of a mauler and has exceptional athleticism in regards to his mobility. Is seen as a better player than DeCastro was last year.

Eric Fisher is a tall and athletic tackle prospect from Central Michigan. Reminds me a lot of Nate Solder when he came out of Colorado in 2011.

Jake Matthews is the son of Bruce Matthews and is viewed as another versatile player. He plays RT at Texas A&M and would be a LT on most teams but that's because Joeckel is on the same team lol.

Dallas Thomas is an underrated prospect from Tennessee who has played tremendous for the Volunteers at LG. He could sneak in the late 1st like Kevin Zeitler did last year.

For later round possibilities, I like Alvin Bailey from Arkansas as a Guard and Omoregie Uzzi from Georgia Tech as a potential Center. He plays guard now but he is too small to transition to another OL spot.

Buto
01-02-2013, 02:58 AM
MLB or DT. Last season we couldn't have stopped the run with concertina wire!

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Let's see...

Luke Joeckel is seen as the next great LT like Matt Kalil was last year. Top 5 pick and is expected to go to Philly.

Chance Warmack is an excellent prospect at the G position. Heck of a mauler and has exceptional athleticism in regards to his mobility. Is seen as a better player than DeCastro was last year.

Eric Fisher is a tall and athletic tackle prospect from Central Michigan. Reminds me a lot of Nate Solder when he came out of Colorado in 2011.

Jake Matthews is the son of Bruce Matthews and is viewed as another versatile player. He plays RT at Texas A&M and would be a LT on most teams but that's because Joeckel is on the same team lol.

Dallas Thomas is an underrated prospect from Tennessee who has played tremendous for the Volunteers at LG. He could sneak in the late 1st like Kevin Zeitler did last year.

For later round possibilities, I like Alvin Bailey from Arkansas as a Guard and Omoregie Uzzi from Georgia Tech as a potential Center. He plays guard now but he is too small to transition to another OL spot.from the sounds of it, there could be some quality OL players in the 2nd round even...the guy whose a RT but u say could be a LT for any team sounds like an awesome idea but thats based on such preliminary and really naive reasoning, but its the kinda guy where when I actually put the research in, I could see him being legit (if that makes sense and I dont think it does lol)

myles2424
01-02-2013, 03:25 AM
In regards to RT, I think Reese will trust his drafts/Locklear for our guy in 2013. From his postseason interview, it still sounds like he expects Brewer to be a contributor and also mentioned Mosley and McCants as possibilities.
God this draft I pray whatever mid-late round projects were guaranteed take aren't for positions of need.....brewer & Mccants won't make it, after seeing them get served by no name DEs against Jacksonville in preseason I lost all hope for them......every year we finish the draft with projects, let it be a WR or RB....I'd hate to expect some 6th,7th round DE,CB,OT to actually be worthy..

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 07:33 AM
i think its safe to say "skill positions" shouldnt be high on the priority list. possibly a corner if the values there, but we've invested a lot into that already with prince and hosely. u know how JR is, "we expect them to contribute and play to the level we believe they can." just dont know but id bet trenches are heavy this draftI disagree about CB they need 1 more starter

flashnando
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Honestly whatever is the best option at that pick between LB or DE, i would prefer LB but lets see.

JB456
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM

No argument from me but Cornerback is a huge area of concern as well. Webster was a sieve this year.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I disagree about CB they need 1 more starteryeah, i've actually said that in other threads and mention it here. if the value is there and JR sees a guy being a starter quicker than Hosely can, then I wouldnt be surprised to see a corner. It'd have to be a top quality prospect imo. From what enigma and u have been saying, at least from how im interpreting it, theres a lot of top quality OL/DL this draft

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 02:34 PM
yeah, i've actually said that in other threads and mention it here. if the value is there and JR sees a guy being a starter quicker than Hosely can, then I wouldnt be surprised to see a corner. It'd have to be a top quality prospect imo. From what enigma and u have been saying, at least from how im interpreting it, theres a lot of top quality OL/DL this draft

if jonathan banks drops it could be him

titwio
01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
if jonathan banks drops it could be him

Hope so. He's one of the top guys on my list. The Giants definitely need another corner. I mean just this year how many times did they have to turn to guys like Tryon, Coe and a rookie Jayron Hosley...it was gross at times. Not to mention Webster is on the decline.

The Giants really could probably use two more corners especially with the way Prince and Hosley both can't seem to stay on the field. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Hope so. He's one of the top guys on my list. The Giants definitely need another corner. I mean just this year how many times did they have to turn to guys like Tryon, Coe and a rookie Jayron Hosley...it was gross at times. Not to mention Webster is on the decline.

The Giants really could probably use two more corners especially with the way Prince and Hosley both can't seem to stay on the field. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I agree. the pass rush is where it all starts but in this league you need 2 above average corners. if they do it beacuse we do have prince and hosley is another question,,,,but look for them to draft BPA as always.

RonJon
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes is a possibility. He just declared for the upcoming draft. Big physical corner who loves to play press coverage.

BlueReign
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
I've never seen more people put stock in practice players than some members of this board.
Would like a tackle though.

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes is a possibility. He just declared for the upcoming draft. Big physical corner who loves to play press coverage.Loves ton play press coverage? then he has no purpose in fewell's 8 yrd off zone.

JesseJames
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM

Mathieu is a smart *** who thinks he's so good he's above following the rules but some team like the Jets will give him a job..

BParcells777
01-02-2013, 05:06 PM
The biggest baddest Offensive lineman on the board

hungrrrry
01-02-2013, 05:08 PM
we need a ****ing ILB...Why is this hard to grasp...unfortunately over the last 20 years we have had no GM that knows what a good LB is!!!

I understand we have DE issues and OL issues but we have nothing at LB...bringing Kiwi back to DE will help a lot...I would be interested in letting Tuck walk and bringing Osi back to use him situationally and maybe as an OLB before I would draft a DE in the 1st round. Ogletree is a possibility when we pick at 19.

I doubt we can pick up NFL ready OL help at 19!

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 05:20 PM
we need a ****ing ILB...Why is this hard to grasp...unfortunately over the last 20 years we have had no GM that knows what a good LB is!!!

I understand we have DE issues and OL issues but we have nothing at LB...bringing Kiwi back to DE will help a lot...I would be interested in letting Tuck walk and bringing Osi back to use him situationally and maybe as an OLB before I would draft a DE in the 1st round. Ogletree is a possibility when we pick at 19.

I doubt we can pick up NFL ready OL help at 19!I don't want any scrub LB I want the next Ray Lewis or L.T lol

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 05:45 PM
from the sounds of it, there could be some quality OL players in the 2nd round even...the guy whose a RT but u say could be a LT for any team sounds like an awesome idea but thats based on such preliminary and really naive reasoning, but its the kinda guy where when I actually put the research in, I could see him being legit (if that makes sense and I dont think it does lol)

I mean in the college ranks. Matthews would be the LT on most teams but since the best LT prospect is already on Texas A&M, he's the RT. I'm sure some teams would view Matthews as their potential franchise LT.

Carter.525
01-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes is a possibility. He just declared for the upcoming draft. Big physical corner who loves to play press coverage.

Im on the Rhodes bandwagon.. If Ansah is gone, this is my guy

brad
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM

The Giants don't use a press coverage, they use a read and react... Rhodes may be great, but not a good fit for the current system.

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 06:13 PM
The Giants don't use a press coverage, they use a read and react... Rhodes may be great, but not a good fit for the current system.then maybe the system needs to change

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 06:15 PM
The Giants don't use a press coverage, they use a read and react... Rhodes may be great, but not a good fit for the current system.

Prince was primarily a press corner coming out of Nebraska so the possibility of taking Rhodes is there. Not sure he would be considered with the 19th pick and depending on who else is there, I'd pass on him. Who knows...these current rankings are going to be shaken up when it's combine time.

The_ One
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I think we have 3 DE's on this team next year that can play, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP with some young guys that can fill in a rep or two during the games. I think we absolutely need to go LB or OL in the 1st round.. I second that, Reese himself said we need better LB play, and the OL can use some help.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Prince was primarily a press corner coming out of Nebraska so the possibility of taking Rhodes is there. Not sure he would be considered with the 19th pick and depending on who else is there, I'd pass on him. Who knows...these current rankings are going to be shaken up when it's combine time.i cant explain why we dont play more press. its not like our guys even play off only. theres so many times our DBs line up in press technique, and just give the wr's an uncontested release. that could have something to do with how the corners are coached, like if the wr shows inside technique give a free release, if he shows outside technique jam him...but still I cant actually recall our corners actually getting their hands up and jamming the wrs. our lb's tried to de-route the TE's and slot wr's, but never the outside corners that i can recall

brad
01-02-2013, 06:32 PM
then maybe the system needs to change

Careful, you will be labeled as "one who knows nothing about football" if you don't recognize that the Giants D is just less talented than 30 other teams... it is absolutely not the system because PF has led several top 10 defenses prior to coming to the Giants...

TheEnigma
01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
i cant explain why we dont play more press. its not like our guys even play off only. theres so many times our DBs line up in press technique, and just give the wr's an uncontested release. that could have something to do with how the corners are coached, like if the wr shows inside technique give a free release, if he shows outside technique jam him...but still I cant actually recall our corners actually getting their hands up and jamming the wrs. our lb's tried to de-route the TE's and slot wr's, but never the outside corners that i can recall

I'm actually curious how often our DBs press the opposing receivers compared to other teams. If anyone has a link that shows such a statistic, I'd love to see it.

jaxnygmen
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
OT, DT, CB, Or MLB!!!!! Give tracey and jomo a serious look. Move Kiwi to DE and that helps right away!!

laylow28
01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
DE

brad
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
From all appearances we will continue with the Tampa 2 defensive scheme with a read and react secondary. In order for that to be effective you need a good MLB and at least one DT that can create pressure up the middle to go along with the outside pass rush. Considering that JPP and Kiwi will definitely remain and Tuck may remain to provide situational help on the line... to me the priority should be MLB then DT.

JJC7301
01-02-2013, 11:43 PM
BPA, and hopefully it'll be a DE.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-03-2013, 12:08 AM
I am starting to like alec ogletree,,,freakishly athletic,,,has speed,,good tackler, needs to add some weight but would be a great fit for our defensive scheme.

giantsfan420
01-03-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm actually curious how often our DBs press the opposing receivers compared to other teams. If anyone has a link that shows such a statistic, I'd love to see it.any luck? im curious to the % too

giants8493
01-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I just got an idea!

ELI_Iz_God
01-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Go on the record

Concur...preferably someone whose gonna do stuff like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8q3Whn2ivI

MikeyMike01
01-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Personal Punt Protector.

You take whatever the best player is that's available. Let the rest work itself out.