PDA

View Full Version : How Many More Productive Years Out Of Eli?

NYGfanNC
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
How many more productive years do you think we get out of Eli? I say 6. He'll be 32 next year. 6 more productive years with at least one more SB coming next year in OUR stadium. We are so close to being the best team in the NFL. We have the potential. Look st the SF and GB game. Just a couple more pieces and we're there. In Reese we trust.

Hooligans
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
How many more productive years do you think we get out of Eli? I say 6. He'll be 32 next year. 6 more productive years with at least one more SB coming next year in OUR stadium. We are so close to being the best team in the NFL. We have the potential. Look st the SF and GB game. Just a couple more pieces and we're there. In Reese we trust.

After his play this year, he may not have any productive years left. All NFL players are different - some are done at 30, and a few make it past 35.

brad
01-01-2013, 02:06 PM
After his play this year, he may not have any productive years left. All NFL players are different - some are done at 30, and a few make it past 35.

He actually had a decent year, at least in the first half... I am beginning to think we need to draft a November QB... a guy who can come in and play 6 games in November and early December, then put Eli back in for the playoffs :)

thegiantsrule10
01-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Many more to come.

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 02:13 PM
If Gibride gets a head coaching job, Eli may have is most productive years ahead of him.

BParcells777
01-01-2013, 02:15 PM
just look at his brother.........he's still going strong and far less durable than Eli

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
If Gibride gets a head coaching job, Eli may have is most productive years ahead of him.

OMG this... once he's done stifling Eli, we'll see a QB that to date we've only seen glimpses of...

big blue dog
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
depends on the oline they put in front of him 1he has to servive 2he has to be productive it all goes hand in hand hes top 3-5 qb with protection we saw what he is getting hit 10-15 times a game.

bigjeep
01-01-2013, 03:24 PM

Time to draft a QB of the future!

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 03:30 PM
ah.. till he's 40

Jtuck
01-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Time to draft a QB of the future!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FlyingTruck
01-01-2013, 03:59 PM
ah.. till he's 40

Wouldn't surprise me if he could play until then. I'll say he has 5 more productive years though.

fletch842
01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I'd guess at 5 - 7.

Broadway Blue
01-01-2013, 04:18 PM
I say 5 to 6 more years

gmen46
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
At least 6 more years of high production level. Any year beyond that will be a huge bonus for the Giants org, and could very possibly occur.

Elway--a QB who began his career as a frequent scrambler and running-type QB, and who even showed the occasional run flair when required at the end of his career (see the famous "helicopter" SB TD) in 97 (I think 97), played at a high level for 16 seasons, culminated with 2 SB wins his final 2 seasons.

Peyton (Eli's bloodline) has returned from missing an entire season--after not missing a single start his first 13 seasons prior to 2011--to lead a mediocre Broncos team to #1 seed this year, his 14th season as starting QB.

Eli has continued Peyton's durability pedigree-- if not his All Universe stats and his arguable status as best QB in NFL history-- so far, after 8.5 seasons as starter.

(Knock wood) there is every reason to believe Eli will survive at minimum 15 high production seasons, and quite possibly 1 or 2 seasons beyond that. We are fortunate to be fans of a team that has this QB. Consider all the teams who have QB issues every single year.

gmen46
01-01-2013, 06:17 PM
OMG this... once he's done stifling Eli, we'll see a QB that to date we've only seen glimpses of...

Ur a funny guy.

Gilbride is the least "stifling" OC Eli could have. His schemes and game plans are designed to allow Eli to fly as often as he sees suitable.

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Gilbride may give Eli flexability, but his schemes are so complicated any small error by either Eli, or the receiver he is throwing to, casues big problems. It has too many "moving parts." That is why our physically gifted young players see so little time on offense. And why a gimpy Nicks had to play when he probably needed to sit. The Patriots have a pretty good offense too, yet they can plug in players year in and year out and have little drop off in production. I think of Gilbride less as a genius and more as a mad scientist.

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 06:45 PM

Absolutely.

gmen46
01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Gilbride may give Eli flexability, but his schemes are so complicated any small error by either Eli, or the receiver he is throwing to, casues big problems. It has too many "moving parts." That is why our physically gifted young players see so little time on offense. And why a gimpy Nicks had to play when he probably needed to sit. The Patriots have a pretty good offense too, yet they can plug in players year in and year out and have little drop off in production. I think of Gilbride less as a genius and more as a mad scientist.

So, you're saying Giants' offensive players are too stupid to run Gilbride's offense? That's kinda harsh, don't you think?

Eliscruzzz
01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Eli plays the quarterback position like his brother it's not that easy to just find a qb that can replace him. I see him here till he's at least 37...