PDA

View Full Version : Make Rolle AND JPP captains of the defense next year...

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Rolle will hold guys accountable and so will JPP. I think Tuck had a negative effect on the entire team last year so he had/has no business wearing that 'C' on his chest.

Rolle calls out the defense every year and I love it. He doesn't sugar coat anything. Say what you want about Rolle and I know some of you may be saying well he needs to hold himself accountable and call himself out but hes one of the few leaders we have on this team.

I think he would be a great team captain and guys would listen to him.

GentleGiant
01-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Wouldn't blackburn work too?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Wouldn't blackburn work too?

If he's still on the team as a starting LB I will be so disappointed in our LB corps again.......

He shined in a pile of crap but that dosn't mean he's a good starting LBer.

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 05:46 PM
If he's still on the team as a starting LB I will be so disappointed in our LB corps again.......

He shined in a pile of crap but that dosn't mean he's a good starting LBer.

haha We need an impact linebacker in the first two rounds. LB is the weakest link of this team and has been for far too long.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
haha We need an impact linebacker in the first two rounds. LB is the weakest link of this team and has been for far too long.
Nope we need O-line more than anything but we do need an impact LBer hopefully through FA.

I suspect we will look to FA and the draft for O-line. Draft for the future, FA signing for now.

We have some contacts coming off and getting trimmed down. Without question Diehl is gone but wll probably be brought back for the vet min which I am would be happy with. Good depth.

bigbluetribe
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
agree, tuck is a poison at this point and rolle plays hard, even if fewell makes him play out of position. and as for Blackburn no, he should be a back up, our LB suck so badly, he is not exempt from that. Just because you are the best of the worst doesnt make you good

bigbluetribe
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Nope we need O-line more than anything but we do need an impact LBer hopefully through FA.

I suspect we will look to FA and the draft for O-line. Draft for the future, FA signing for now.

We have some contacts coming off and getting trimmed down. Without question Diehl is gone but wll probably be brought back for the vet min which I am would be happy with. Good depth.
You are right we need OL but FA is not the place to look for LB, you overpay for players that are not worth it, a la Boley

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
You are right we need OL but FA is not the place to look for LB, you overpay for players that are not worth it, a la Boley
Boley is worth it.

He was playing at a pro bowl level which everyone seems to forget early in the season.

Boley was one our of best FA signings we've had.

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM

We need 2 o-linemen in the first two rounds...

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
We need 2 o-linemen in the first two rounds...

We won't reach just because we need one.

I bet we pick one in the first two rounds and grab a good one in FA.

Draft BPA in the first as always I love that strategy... hopefully there is an O-linemen that is BPA in the first that can start one the line day one.

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 06:02 PM
We won't reach just because we need one.

I bet we pick one in the first two rounds and grab a good one in FA.

Why get O-line in FA? That's just a way to get Baas all over again... I think it's easier to find a LB than an OL in FA...

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Why get O-line in FA? That's just a way to get Baas all over again... I think it's easier to find a LB than an OL in FA...
Baas sucks.... so disappointing... guy is so big yet so weak

Whatever gets us an upgrade on the O-line count me in. We cannot afford to make it more difficult for Eli when he can win us games by himself if afforded time.