PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw's Role Next Year

GiantFanatic55
01-01-2013, 05:17 PM
AB is one of my favorite giants...He's a warrior and gives 110% every time he's on the field. The downside he has chronic foot problems that crop up every year and the once-a-week practice routine is getting old.

With Wilson emerging, he'll most likely be the starter next year demoting Bradshaw

AB is due 4mill next year and that's too much to be paying a backup IMO

Brown is also coming on too and i think he can be a great goal-line/power back that i'd like to see get more touches

Thoughts?

sportsfan554
01-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I am with you on this one. I think wilson gets the start next season and brown will be used for those short yardage plays. If bradshaw does not stay healthy, it would be hard to keep him as a starter. You are right though, he is a beast when he is on the field. I wish all of our players played with that type of intensity. maybe he should get to wear the "C" on his jersey.

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Bradshaw should be delegated to the third down back only. He is a tremendous pass blocker and can catch well out of the back field, but Wilson is a much more talented ball carrier and should be given 20+ carries a game.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 05:29 PM
I think next year will be exactly like this year. AB will be the starter, Brown will play at the goal line, Wilson will be occupying the bench for the most part. But If someone gets injured then this can all change.

FlyingTruck
01-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately Bradshaw won't ever be 100%. It's a fact that the coaches have to accept. Split the carries 75/25 with the majority going to Wilson next year.

bigbluetribe
01-01-2013, 05:35 PM
I say they split them between all three, we saw in the philly game when AB has fresh legs, he can perform and he has heart. If they split then AB is fresh when he hits the field and will have a better chance of playing more games

chasjay
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Ahmad's role is going to be defined by his health. Can the issues with his feet be totally corrected or does he have a condition that can only be treated but not cured?

GiantFanatic55
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Ahmad's role is going to be defined by his health. Can the issues with his feet be totally corrected or does he have a condition that can only be treated but not cured?

Treated not cured. Every off-season he gets something done to his feet in hope that they'll stay healthy, but every year they break down

thegiantsrule10
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Bradshaw had 1,000 yards this year. He still has a lot left in the tank in my opinion.

JustinTuckNYG91
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
He himself thinks he may not be back next year. "He sounded uncertain on Monday as well. "I donít know anything," Bradshaw said. "We donít know who might not come back, so itís good to see these faces."

He's owed $4 million next year, he could be viewed as expendable. Though he is plagued by injuries as you pointed out, he plays through them. He still got over 1000 yards this season, at 221 attempts. His stats, average of 4.6 yards per carry, his longest run of the year had been 37 yards and had 6 TDs.
It's hard to believe he's only 26, feels like he's been around a lot longer and he's going to have it rough as he gets older. Hard to say if the Giants will keep him around or TC with the loyalty factor or with Wilson no longer being a rookie, play him a lot more.
I say keep him, there's an interesting poll on the Daily News website, Keep them or dump them. 75% to keep AB.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/keep-em-or-dump-em

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 05:55 PM
75% of the polled people voted to keep AB? Smart people, as long as AB can go. He still has the fire.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Wilson/Brown/Bradshaw.

Wilson getting the majority, Brown getting the majority of what's left and Bradshaw sprikled in as much as he wouldn't like that with the passion he has for the game.

However with Brown coming off an injury I think it will play out Wilson about 65%, Bradshaw and Brown sharing what's left or possibly Bradshaw getting the majority of what's left.

CANNOT wait to see David Wilson tear up the league next season. Cannot wait..

Good topic, refreshing.

Bradshaw would be a GREAT #2 and even better #3. I've always said he would be so much better in the second Q and second half of games when the defense is tired.

TroyArcher
01-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Lets hope the Giants find a good podiatrist.

BlueMetal 40
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Do you guys think we'll ever see Wilson and Scott in the backfield together? That would be some scary speed, right there...

appodictic
01-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Wilson/Brown/Bradshaw.

Wilson getting the majority, Brown getting the majority of what's left and Bradshaw sprikled in as much as he wouldn't like that with the passion he has for the game.

However with Brown coming off an injury I think it will play out Wilson about 65%, Bradshaw and Brown sharing what's left or possibly Bradshaw getting the majority of what's left.

CANNOT wait to see David Wilson tear up the league next season. Cannot wait..

Good topic, refreshing.

Bradshaw would be a GREAT #2 and even better #3. I've always said he would be so much better in the second Q and second half of games when the defense is tired.

Bla bla bradshaw can't stay healthly bla bla...

Andrew Brown got injured before his first NFL carry. After bouncing around the NFL for 4 years, he managed to get hurt twice this season, one was a concussion, the second time was a broken leg.

The way the giants did it the final game was perfect. Use Wilson for outside runs and cutback runs and run bradshaw through the middle. AB and Wilson both had 15+ carries against the eagles and , drum role please.....Bradshaw had a better YPC... If everyone stoped focusing on who has the most carries and instead focused on how we can et the most out of every carry we can move on.

talbot
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Bradshaw is a friggin beast. Split carries between him and Wilson, throw in some Brown.

He can't carry the ball 20-25 times a game, but 10-12 carries? Hell yes.

jomo
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Bradshaw is a friggin beast. Split carries between him and Wilson, throw in some Brown.

He can't carry the ball 20-25 times a game, but 10-12 carries? Hell yes.Get his salary adjusted downward to that role and I'll sign off on that.

appodictic
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Also if you watch the game you may noticed that Wilson got upended on a tackle (in the second quarter) and took himself out of the game, he eventually came back in, but you may have noticed AB closed out the game. Im not questioning wilson's durability or toughness but hey its out there, he had durability issues in his first start.

appodictic
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Get his salary adjusted downward to that role and I'll sign off on that. Bradshaw does not really make that much now anyway. He got a 4 year 16 million dollar deal right? Andre Brown might never recover from his broken leg, you really ready to negotiate bradshaw's salary down?

Andre Brown, Lumpkin, Torain, Wilson, that other fast running back we drafted.....

I do not see ANY of these guys able to fill the roles bradshaw does.

jomo
01-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Bradshaw does not really make that much now anyway. He got a 4 year 16 million dollar deal right? Andre Brown might never recover from his broken leg, you really ready to negotiate bradshaw's salary down?

Andre Brown, Lumpkin, Torain, Wilson, that other fast running back we drafted.....

I do not see ANY of these guys able to fill the roles bradshaw does.$4M for a backup running back is way too much. He'll be in his 7th year next year, way beyone the typical lifespan of an NFL RB. If we can't get him for $2M or less, it is time to move on. Running backs are disposable if you have a good OL which we don't have right now. The money is put to much better us there.

appodictic
01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
$4M for a backup running back is way too much. He'll be in his 7th year next year, way beyone the typical lifespan of an NFL RB. If we can't get him for $2M or less, it is time to move on. Running backs are disposable if you have a good OL which we don't have right now. The money is put to much better us there.

Having less carries does not make him a backup. The fact is Bradshaw had to have multiple 20 or 30 carry games. Why did this happen? It happened because his backups were not capable of being backups. So it's easy to point a finger and say, "why cant he carry the ball 30 times a game?" but the more relevant questions are "why can't brown stay healthy" "why couldn't wilson step in?"

The reason he got chipped up was that the people in place to support him did not really get it done. Wilson did NOT learn the system fast enough, brown did not stay healthy.

All I have to say is. If you try and renegotiate bradshaws salary, and he walks,, have fun watching torrian and lumpkin from week 7 on.. because I doubt brown and wilson will be any more durable, probably less durable.

appodictic
01-01-2013, 09:25 PM
$4M for a backup running back is way too much. He'll be in his 7th year next year, way beyone the typical lifespan of an NFL RB. If we can't get him for $2M or less, it is time to move on. Running backs are disposable if you have a good OL which we don't have right now. The money is put to much better us there. Your kidding right? Chris Canty makes 8 million a year misses half the season, makes very few impact plays,,,, and bradshaws money is better spent. This team has all its money tied up in people who don't play well. They we have to let our best players fight over scraps.

juice33s
01-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I think we got a preview of it in week 17 when Wilson started and AB came in to spell him. Probably will still get a lot of 3rd down snaps if Wilson doesn't improve his pass pro. When healthy AB is one of the best in the business at pass protection

appodictic
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I think we got a preview of it in week 17 when Wilson started and AB came in to spell him. Probably will still get a lot of 3rd down snaps if Wilson doesn't improve his pass pro. When healthy AB is one of the best in the business at pass protection I am not buying it. AB used to be like wilson fast and small, but to be the guy on the giants Bradhshaw went from 198-215 lbds all muscle. By the time "wilson turns into a better pass blocker" hes going to be 215 too and slower, then everyone is going to be oogling the next speedster we draft.

egyptian420
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I would love if Bradshaw plays the role that Jacobs had when Bradshaw was the starter. Him and Wilson would be a good 1-2 punch and Bradshaw will be able to stay healthy and fresh without shouldering all the load.

Hopefully he's willing to take a paycut though, that's the problem I see.

laylow28
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
AB is one of my favorite giants...He's a warrior and gives 110% every time he's on the field. The downside he has chronic foot problems that crop up every year and the once-a-week practice routine is getting old.

With Wilson emerging, he'll most likely be the starter next year demoting Bradshaw

AB is due 4mill next year and that's too much to be paying a backup IMO

Brown is also coming on too and i think he can be a great goal-line/power back that i'd like to see get more touches

Thoughts? I think Wilson starts next year also.

4 mill is definitely to much for a backup and might lead to him getting cut.

Brown was coming along nicely,but this injury might set him back

Buddy333
01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Lol. People still don't give the heart of the offense his due.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
I am not buying it. AB used to be like wilson fast and small, but to be the guy on the giants Bradhshaw went from 198-215 lbds all muscle. By the time "wilson turns into a better pass blocker" hes going to be 215 too and slower, then everyone is going to be oogling the next speedster we draft.*rant* This Giants team doesn't like speed in fact they hate speed, they prefer big slow guys, by slow I mean Tom Coughlin slow, the defense is a good example. If you have speed than you are doing something wrong. *end rant*

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Lol. People still don't give the heart of the offense his due.

Mystifying.

Buddy333
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
*rant* This Giants team doesn't like speed in fact they hate speed, they prefer big slow guys, by slow I mean Tom Coughlin slow, the defense is a good example. If you have speed than you are doing something wrong. *end rant*Wrong.

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 10:36 PM
i thought bradshaw looked his best vs philly in a long time. i think, and actually i always believed, hes best as the change up back. let the other guy, bj and now wilson, tire the d out with either power or speed, then bring bradshaw in to punish them with a lil of both power and speed/agility. he plays with so much heart its tough to limit the carries, but if u can balance it out, he's lethal.

id run wilson 60%, bradshaw 30 %, and Brown GL/Short yardage and to spell both if need be

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 10:39 PM
i thought bradshaw looked his best vs philly in a long time. i think, and actually i always believed, hes best as the change up back. let the other guy, bj and now wilson, tire the d out with either power or speed, then bring bradshaw in to punish them with a lil of both power and speed/agility. he plays with so much heart its tough to limit the carries, but if u can balance it out, he's lethal.

id run wilson 60%, bradshaw 30 %, and Brown GL/Short yardage and to spell both if need beI agree our running game is a lot better when we use multiple backs the philly game was a good example.

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I agree our running game is a lot better when we use multiple backs the philly game was a good example.right? wasnt that the best our run game looked? granted the competition could be questioned, but I dont think we ran it that well the first matchup...It just looked much more potent with Wilson the lead horse and Bradshaw coming in when the D is a little gassed and he pops them, jukes them and takes off...Brown as the goal line back would be awesome too and use him short yardage...maybe even lower bradshaws carries a tad and make him 3rd down back and give ab2 more...point is i like our run game. get an OL and we're money

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
like maybe use brown only to spell wilson, and give him short yardage, and then bradshaw 3rd downs in combo with the rotation of him and wilson...

appodictic
01-01-2013, 11:45 PM
right? wasnt that the best our run game looked? granted the competition could be questioned, but I dont think we ran it that well the first matchup...It just looked much more potent with Wilson the lead horse and Bradshaw coming in when the D is a little gassed and he pops them, jukes them and takes off...Brown as the goal line back would be awesome too and use him short yardage...maybe even lower bradshaws carries a tad and make him 3rd down back and give ab2 more...point is i like our run game. get an OL and we're money Lets be real though. If we are basing our decisions on what we did against the 4 win eagles after they lost their D coordinator, we are not really getting a good sample set.

appodictic
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Lets be real though. If we are basing our decisions on what we did against the 4 win eagles after they lost their D coordinator, we are not really getting a good sample set. Like lets face it even our dumb draw play was netting 10 yards on the eagles.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 12:07 AM
valid. i agree. i just thought the run game looked its best. i know it sux how its not 100% clear bc of that reason, but I think itd be successful, very successful especially with a better OL next yr