PDA

View Full Version : Would we be in the playoffs if...

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
David Wilson hadn't fumbled his second career carry and Nicks was put on IR early in the season? I honestly think if Wilson wasn't in the doghouse for 3/4 of the season he would have had a huge impact this year. It was also pretty obvious that Nicks was a liability playing hurt by the fact that Barden and Randle had huge games each time he was out. It would have only taken 1 extra win to sneak into the playoffs and I believe those two factors led to us not making it.

Any way my point is that the coaching is killing this team.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Lets not play these games.

Maybe had wilson not been benched he would have fumbled every other carry he had.

It is what it is, move on.

chasjay
01-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I have a hard time questioning the staff's personnel decisions - I know that they are totally dedicated to winning and make the decisions they think are best. But more experience gained earlier in the year for Wilson or the two receivers you mention might have swung another game our way. But every player on the field might have made a play to swing one of those games as well. I guess I'm through with 'what if?' and am ready for 'what's next?'.

GiantGremlin
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't know - the whole team's energy, effort, execution and coaching decisions was just so inconsistent all the way around that even if you want to point out one game they might have won, you could just as easily point out another game that they could have easily lost - 9-7 and a near playoff miss, really isn't too surprising, and probably appropriate for what this team deserved.

Cloud57
01-01-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't know - the whole team's energy, effort, execution and coaching decisions was just so inconsistent all the way around that even if you want to point out one game they might have won, you could just as easily point out another game that they could have easily lost - 9-7 and a near playoff miss, really isn't too surprising, and probably appropriate for what this team deserved.You're right about the team's energy that's why we need more young players on this team especially on defense.

GentleGiant
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
We can't do these "what ifs". It just makes you more depressed in the long run. You could say if a magical puffer fish came up to RG3 and said "momma mia" causing RG3 to die of a stroke, we would be in the playoffs.

Overdrive92
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Would we be in the Playoffs if Tynes didn't miss the FG in Philly or Washington?

So we missed a couple close opportunities. Let's not act like we didn't get some too. Cruz's last minute TD against the Skins? Dez's fingernail being out of bounds in Dallas? For every close game we should have won, there's another close game we probably shouldn't have.

We deserve to be 9-7 because we take the term 'Jekyl & Hyde' to the extreme.

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Wilson would have eventually fumbled and at that point it would have been insta-doghouse. TC hates rookies and goes out of his way to make their lives miserable while at the same time giving veterans multiple passes for the same offenses (how many times did Bradshaw fumble or miss a block again?)

Nicks should honestly have been put on the PUP, and activated week 9 with Canty.

GoDeep80
01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
I think we took way too long to tell Nicks to sit down and play someone else. I think a healthy Randle, Hixon, Even Barden, is better than an 70% Nicks. We saw evidence of that on Sunday.

TroyArcher
01-01-2013, 07:29 PM
You are what your record says you are.

BlueMetal 40
01-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Or, what if we kept Wilson in those early games, and he misses a block on D.Ware and gets Eli killed? Every player on the team needs to pull their weight, and injured or not, if they're playing they need to pull their weight. This season I feel was on the players.