PDA

View Full Version : 2013 O-Line

GiantFanatic55
01-01-2013, 07:14 PM
With Beatty and Boothe both free agents and Diehl not longer starting material, there are some voids that need to be addressed

I think we'll sign Beatty, but let Boothe walk. So, we're gonna have at least two holes to fill at LG and RT

Now, we can either draft/sign free agents for both LG and RT or we can possibly move Bass back to his natural LG position and look for a true center, which in unlikely

So do we look draft two OL, pick up maybe one free agent in a savvy deal, or to internal answers like Brewer?

This is what I see the O-Line looking like: Beatty - Draft/FA - Bass - Snee - Draft/FA

What does your 2013 O-Line look like?

jomo
01-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Lol, I think we've got 4 holes on the OL.

GiantFanatic55
01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Lol, I think we've got 4 holes on the OL.

Agree, but Snee and Bass aren't going anywhere

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I think Boothe may be resigned too, he played reasonably well most of the season.

Beatty has to be a priority to resign, but he wont be cheap.

I do wish locklear could be ready for next season, but thats doubtful.

My guess is Brewer/Mosley/McCants will battle for that RT spot. And another may be brought in, perhaps a mid round guard as well.

jomo
01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Agree, but Snee and Bass aren't going anywhereOK, if we can upgrade at 3 spots I can live with it now if we can uprgade 2 on the DL and 2 at LB we will be back in the SB next year.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
OK, if we can upgrade at 3 spots I can live with it now if we can uprgade 2 on the DL and 2 at LB we will be back in the SB next year.

If Snee and Bass are staying, how would they be upgrading three spots? Not going to find anyone better than how Beatty played last season. Locklear was a very solid RT.

nhpgiantsfan
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Re-sign Beatty and Boothe and bring in a RT. Boothe is not bad.

GiantFanatic55
01-01-2013, 07:38 PM

I like Boothe too...but he may ask for more than the Giants are willing to pay

drewz
01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
James Brewer may turn out to be a good RT, who knows? Alot of people were quick to throw out the bust label on Will Beatty, he was actually one of the better LTs in the league. We do, however, need to get younger and better and the guard spot.. Snee is old, Boothe is servicable.

Toadofsteel
01-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Boothe needs to go, Baas needs to go. Snee, well, we have no idea when his production will tank. Diehl needs to go. Only Beatty's job should be safe.

BlueMetal 40
01-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Let me start by saying I know next to nothing about OL. But, is Brewer too big to move inside to play guard?

Overdrive92
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Boothe might be the best player on this team that no one gives credit to. He's not bad, and he plays multiple positions on the line. I'd like to see him re-signed.

GiantFanatic55
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Let me start by saying I know next to nothing about OL. But, is Brewer too big to move inside to play guard?

Yeah, he's 6'6 330, usually guards are around 6'3 300-310

C1010
01-01-2013, 10:01 PM

x2 Agreed 100%

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Dream 2013 oline

Beatty--Levitre--De La Puente--Snee--Andre Smith

moosedrool
01-01-2013, 11:28 PM
2012 PFF final grades
Beatty +22.4
Boothe +8.2
Baas +3.3
Snee +12.8
Diehl -6.8
Locklear -2.0

2011 PFF final grades
Beatty +5.0
Boothe -7.3
Baas -8.2
Snee -7.2
Diehl -40.0
Mckenzie -12.2

Pretty good improvement, even Diehl. I think this highlights the injury to Nicks was the main reason for the offensive problems this year.

Buddy333
01-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Looks like RT is their biggest need. Maybe a couple depth guys as well.

radar-ray
01-01-2013, 11:38 PM
x2 Agreed 100% + 1

gmen0820
01-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Were the pressures down from last year as well? I can only assume from the much improved ratings.

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 11:40 PM
my dream situation would be Boothe as the backup G/C, with Beatty Stud FA/Draft pick Baas Snee Stud FA/Draft pick...lol doubt it happens, but i feel the only thing that honestly needs fixing on offense is the OL. I LOVE our wr's, rb's too with AB1 and 2 spelling Wilson, Money Eli of course...just the OL.

Get an OL that is just awesome and the offense will be unstoppable

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 11:42 PM
i think JR might think he can get 1 more year outta Tuck, and go OL early, maybe even twice

Morehead State
Dream 2013 oline

Beatty--Levitre--De La Puente--Snee--Andre Smith
Why don't you throw in John Hanna?

RoanokeFan
With Beatty and Boothe both free agents and Diehl not longer starting material, there are some voids that need to be addressed

I think we'll sign Beatty, but let Boothe walk. So, we're gonna have at least two holes to fill at LG and RT

Now, we can either draft/sign free agents for both LG and RT or we can possibly move Bass back to his natural LG position and look for a true center, which in unlikely

So do we look draft two OL, pick up maybe one free agent in a savvy deal, or to internal answers like Brewer?

This is what I see the O-Line looking like: Beatty - Draft/FA - Bass - Snee - Draft/FA

What does your 2013 O-Line look like?

Boothe and Beatty have been the best part of the line, why wouldn't they try to keep them both?

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Boothe and Beatty have been the best part of the line, why wouldn't they try to keep them both?can we? i dont wanna know the cap situation, but i assume when JR cuts some fat we'll have some more space?? I dunno

moosedrool
01-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Were the pressures down from last year as well? I can only assume from the much improved ratings.

Yes.

2012 167 total pressures in 568 pass plays (29.4%)
2011 221 total pressures in 627 pass plays (35.2% highest % in the NFL)

KillaRich
01-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I liked Boothe and thought he did well... I dont understand why some want him out.... I Also thought Locklear was doing good until the injury

RoanokeFan
01-01-2013, 11:53 PM
can we? i dont wanna know the cap situation, but i assume when JR cuts some fat we'll have some more space?? I dunno

Don't confuse wanting to with being successful, but I think we have to try because it's the right side that needs a lot of help. In the Eagles' game, Baas got VERY high marks. It could be he's finally getting in synch and he has been working with injuries as well.

RoanokeFan
01-01-2013, 11:54 PM
I liked Boothe and thought he did well... I dont understand why some want him out.... I Also thought Locklear was doing good until the injury

Locklear was and it depends on how he heals to see if he'll get the nod. I never assume an injured player is going to return at the smae level pre-injury.

KillaRich
01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Locklear was and it depends on how he heals to see if he'll get the nod. I never assume an injured player is going to return at the smae level pre-injury.

Me either...just setting yourself up for a big dissapointment

giantsfan420
01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Don't confuse wanting to with being successful, but I think we have to try because it's the right side that needs a lot of help. In the Eagles' game, Baas got VERY high marks. It could be he's finally getting in synch and he has been working with injuries as well.with our cap, maybe we can keep both but then have to draft the RT to get the rookie lowered contract? I dunno how reese is gonna do it. I see him thinking he can get 1 more year out of tuck, but even then JR likes to have the guy in waiting in advance ala JPP. See my reasoning is if JR can get by w/o having to draft DL this year, he can spend 2 higherish picks on OL, and re-sign beatty. and only if boothe is cheap like this year.

If we have to spend a high type pick on DL, dont see how we can expect the OL to look much different than it is now with just a FA RT signing ala Lockler

edit- and about lockler, i was a big a supporter as he had here. i was saying he'd be our starter over DD from day 1. but that wasnt hard my point is, i was on board with him. now, after that wicked injury, i just cannot see how he can return. putting pressure on the leg/joints is paramount to being an OL. Seubert was an exception not the rule imo, i cant fathem lockler cming back

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 12:21 AM

I don't think the Giants are viewing Locklear as their starting RT for 2013. He's going to be 32 in a few months.

Line Coach
01-02-2013, 02:17 AM
You have to decide which offense you prefer. The line as a whole was excellent in pass protection this year, if you want to continue passing I think the only upgrade we need is right tackle. That is assuming that we can bring back Beatty and Boothe. If you want to run the ball, you need road graders which I think Snee and Boothe may be the only true run blockers that we have.

bearbryant
01-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Boothe needs to go, Baas needs to go. Snee, well, we have no idea when his production will tank. Diehl needs to go. Only Beatty's job should be safe.

I only wish your dreams come true... But they're only dreams friend, This is the NY Giants, not the Oakland Raiders. They will resign Beatty & Boothe, Baas and Snee stay, and they Put Brewer in at RT unless Rosie Greir comes back from the eternal. The last time they drafted a first rounder on the O line was in the 1980's

Line Coach
01-02-2013, 02:53 AM
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2679875&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/2679875/little-giants-opening.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)