PDA

View Full Version : The refs.

Eli TO Shockey
12-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow. Talk about horrible officiating. The really tried taking this game away from us.... Over and over and over again.

thank god we won.

Cant wait to hear rex ryans press conference.

nYg24
12-24-2011, 05:06 PM
they did everything in their power to give the Jets this game.

giantsfan420
12-24-2011, 05:09 PM
+1000000

DemandedAce
12-24-2011, 05:09 PM
+1000000

It's hard to play both the Jets and the refs in the same game, but we managed it!

Eli TO Shockey
12-24-2011, 05:11 PM
+1000000

It's hard to play both the Jets and the refs in the same game, but we managed it!

we were relentless. I really hope they have this same fire next week

Drez
12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow. Talk about horrible officiating. The really tried taking this game away from us.... Over and over and over again.

thank god we won.

</P>

Seriously. I haven't watched the game yet, but judging from what Papa and Banks were saying during the game this had to have been one of the worst officiated games of the season. So much so that I texted a friend and asked him what he thought the score would have been if the refs weren't trying to give the game away to the Jets.</P>

sc_markt
12-24-2011, 06:04 PM

thank god we won.

I agree, at least two calls were wrong. I still can't see how they ruled that one fumble that was caused by the Jets player elbow hitting the foot of a Giants player a non-fumble.

</p>
What's the point of having the refs video review the play if they aren't going to call it right? I saw on one camera angle that his elbow was clearly on the foot which made the ball come out.

</p>

We're cursed in at least two ways that I have seen over the last decade or so:
1) Injuries
2) Bad calls by refs.

Medisleman
12-24-2011, 06:07 PM
The fumble return for a TD was an absurd call. That was giants TD. It was called a TD on the field, there was no way the replay was conclusive enough to reverse it. Not to mention when they blew the play dead while Jacobs was running forward. I never saw anything like that in my life!

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Well to be fair thats forward progress but it did seem to get called a bit early.

The fumble by kerley was fumble - even if his elbow did hit the ground it was inconclusive as it also hit Rolles cleat.

Holmes seemed to fumble a ball but it was called incomplete so not challengeable.

The fumble caused by JPP was in fact the right call - no fumble due to the absurd Tuck tule.

LInval's fumble was also the right call on replay - arm was coming fwd.

To me they screwed us on two - the Holmes TD which isnt reviewable and the Kerley fumble - other then that they got it right.

Wait one more - the PI on grant was ticky tac - he was contacting him so i get it could be called but seemed soft.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-24-2011, 06:49 PM
its weird, last week i started a thread on the refs and everyone told me i was nuts, but this is the 3rd game in which the refs have tried to make the game go the way they want or should i say the NFL's way. We played our butts off today and fought not one but two opponents and still came out on top

XxBigWhitxX
12-24-2011, 06:51 PM
The ref that did this game isn't ranked much better tha the ref who did the Packers game.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-24-2011, 06:53 PM
The ref that did this game isn't ranked much better tha the ref who did the Packers game.I agree but where is the ranking site for refs??????? i wanna vote please

Sh0cker80
12-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Well to be fair thats forward progress but it did seem to get called a bit early.

The fumble by kerley was fumble - even if his elbow did hit the ground it was inconclusive as it also hit Rolles cleat.

Holmes seemed to fumble a ball but it was called incomplete so not challengeable.

The fumble caused by JPP was in fact the right call - no fumble due to the absurd Tuck tule.

To me they screwed us on two - the Holmes TD which isnt reviewable and the Kerley fumble - other then that they got it right.

Wait one more - the PI on grant was ticky tac - he was contacting him so i get it could be called but seemed soft.

I just moved down to Tampa (had to watch the Bucs get blown), but got to watch the end of the game... That Linval/ Tuck Rule IMHO should jave been called a fumble. The ball was never released thus it was more of a strip than a pass.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 07:56 PM
NO - that is the tuck rule - the player (sanchez) was tucking it away - he was not putting in his body to run - argue the ridiculousness of the call all you want that is the way its written - annoying yes - but it is the right call.

NYGRealityCheck
12-24-2011, 07:56 PM

I just moved down to Tampa (had to watch the Bucs get blown), but got to watch the end of the game... That Linval/ Tuck Rule IMHO should jave been called a fumble. The ball was never released thus it was more of a strip than a pass.

They said the QB would have to tuck the football and begin to run with it for it to be considered a fumble. I think with the Tuck Rule, knocking the football out of the QBs hands while he's pump-faking will always be an incomplete pass.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Well to be fair thats forward progress but it did seem to get called a bit early. The fumble by kerley was fumble - even if his elbow did hit the ground it was inconclusive as it also hit Rolles cleat. Holmes seemed to fumble a ball but it was called incomplete so not challengeable. The fumble caused by JPP was in fact the right call - no fumble due to the absurd Tuck tule. LInval's fumble was also the right call on replay - arm was coming fwd. To me they screwed us on two - the Holmes TD which isnt reviewable and the Kerley fumble - other then that they got it right. Wait one more - the PI on grant was ticky tac - he was contacting him so i get it could be called but seemed soft. I just moved down to Tampa (had to watch the Bucs get blown), but got to watch the end of the game... That Linval/ Tuck Rule IMHO should jave been called a fumble. The ball was never released thus it was more of a strip than a pass.watched it about 10 times and me and friends totally agree, wasnt a pass, and never made it to an actual tuck and was slapped out prior and should have been a fumble for a TD

ebick
12-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Not to mention the intentional grounding call that could have had an affect. It's only supposed to be called if the QB is under pressure, which I don't believe he was.</P>

Really bad day for the zebras</P>