PDA

View Full Version : Alec Ogletree ?

Ny_STAT1989
01-02-2013, 07:09 AM
I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown.

Kruunch
01-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Watched him play yesterday ... meh.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
He's a converted safety who will likely run better than other inside linebackers and has a frame to gain significant weight.

But he is certainly a project

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Watched him play yesterday ... meh. He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown. Im not sure he is better than those guys, His measurables are better but he isnt as physical as those 2

GiantPride13
01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Not the type of LB the Giants need. Also, i doubt he will be there at pick 19/20. I also double that LB will be out first pick. Looking for DE/CB/OL to be the GMens first pick

TCHOF
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I see us going DE in the first round. What DE's are likely to be there at 19?

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Not the type of LB the Giants need. Also, i doubt he will be there at pick 19/20. I also double that LB will be out first pick. Looking for DE/CB/OL to be the GMens first pick

Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.

GiantPride13
01-02-2013, 10:34 AM
is the Defense looking to run a Tampa 2?

I haven't heard if thats the plan. If so then yes given his athletic ability and frame he would be a good fit but i still dont see him being there when the giants pick at 19/20.

Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 10:40 AM
is the Defense looking to run a Tampa 2?

They have been running one under Fewell.

GiantPride13
01-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Hasnt looked like one maybe Alec is exactly what we do need lol

Personally im not a Tampa 2 fan but i have faith that reese will pick the right players to fill fewells need.

They have been running one under Fewell.

Carter.525
01-02-2013, 11:31 AM
I like him.. just not at #19

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
I like him.. just not at #19

Yea, I dont think he is worth that high of a pick either. I think hes a mid-late 2nd rounder.

nycsportzfan
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
i love em.. Hes a diffrence maker, and even in games the Bulldogs didn't do well defensivley, he made his presence felt, like yesterday, by forcing the big tunrover in the 3rd quarter, which very well could of been the play of the game.. He lead GA in Tackles, and missed 4games! Thats pretty impressive and gives u a idea of his motor and how often hes around the football.. THe giants need players like that, despretley...

They need players that impact the game by more then just ur basic stuff.. THey need diffrence makers, to go with run stuffers like Linval..

Chase Blackburn is terrible... I'd take this guy in a second, and i believe the bears will take em if we pass, as there future replacement for Brian Urlacher.. The bears know about converted safteys into LB's, and what LB's that make plays can do for a team...

I'd be estatic if we got Ogletree.. I also love Khaseeme Greene.. Those are the 2 i've raved about for sometime now... Both made prominent plays in there bowl games as well.. Greene was flat out brilliant..

myles2424
01-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Although I Want LBs bad, I don't think we go that route in the 1st.....

Anyone that pays close attention to prospects, what's the word on Gerald Hodges,Kevin Minter,Kasheem Greene,Sean porter $& Arthur brown? Do you see any of them as a good fit for us & where could be realistically get them?

juice33s
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
I like him alot...In terms of MLB prospects Olgetree is probably the most athletic , best in pass coverage and best pass rusher coming out this season. The guys a tackling machine, he had more tackles then Teo while playing 4 less games!

PBTimmons
01-03-2013, 09:09 AM
He's a converted safety who will likely run better than other inside linebackers and has a frame to gain significant weight.

But he is certainly a project

So true. I was watching all the stuff on youtube/bowl game and came to the same exact conclusion. Looks like a project.

Other observations are that he has a few stud d-linemen in front of him to eat up blockers. If this guy can't be his own impact player then I don't think he is a 1st round talent. On top of the fact that he doesn't possess rare (pierre-paul like) athleticism. No freakish plays.

Reminds me a lot of a smaller Akeem Ayers. Not spectacular in college.

I'd like to see Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky in Blue.

juice33s
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
So true. I was watching all the stuff on youtube/bowl game and came to the same exact conclusion. Looks like a project.

Other observations are that he has a few stud d-linemen in front of him to eat up blockers. If this guy can't be his own impact player then I don't think he is a 1st round talent. On top of the fact that he doesn't possess rare (pierre-paul like) athleticism. No freakish plays.

Reminds me a lot of a smaller Akeem Ayers. Not spectacular in college.

I'd like to see Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky in Blue.

http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/7395289/uga125_w550.jpg

Jahh
01-03-2013, 02:26 PM

Those are some crazy hops

PBTimmons
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM

I hope you are being sarcastic...

I saw this and am certainly impressed, but not enough to give him the "freakish ability" tag. I don't care how well he can field an onside kick, bottom line is he is just average for a "1st rounder" when playing defense.

juice33s
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM

I saw this and am certainly impressed, but not enough to give him the "freakish ability" tag. I don't care how well he can field an onside kick, bottom line is he is just average for a "1st rounder" when playing defense.
No that's not the bottom line, that's just your uneducated opinion. I've heard NFL scouts call him the best player on the Georgia defense, better then Jarvis Jones (projected top 5 pick), They all rave about his athletic ability which helped him out produce Manti Teo (projected top 10 pick) in 4 fewer games

Here's what Jarvis Jone's said about him:
“We knew that was coming,” Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones said. “The dude (Ogletree) is a beast. He can play safety. He can play linebacker and run sideline to sideline. They’re just one of those players that’s just special. We know that they’re going to be everywhere on every play. That gives the front a little more time to rush and lets us do some things differently. Coach (Todd) Grantham likes to mix things up and Alec, he’s a freak of nature.”

Todd Mcshay, who has him at 15 on his latest big board:
Analysis: Ogletree, who forced and recovered a fumble in the Capital One Bowl, is a raw prospect in terms of instincts, but he is a freakish athlete who chases plays from sideline to sideline and shows good potential as a pass-rusher.

Just for arguments sake, who do you consider worthy of our 1st round pick?

WiIdcat
01-03-2013, 07:04 PM

Looks to be about a 40 inch vertical to me. He is absolutely a freak athlete. Will most likely run a low 4.5 at 240lbs at the combine.

slipknottin
01-04-2013, 01:08 AM
He is athletic, no doubt about that.

While he moves like a 200 pound safety, he also plays like one.

Still think he has to be moved to OLB, he just is not very physical, will adding another 10-20 pounds make him more physical? I think its more mental than anything.

juice33s
01-04-2013, 03:08 AM
He is athletic, no doubt about that.

While he moves like a 200 pound safety, he also plays like one.

Still think he has to be moved to OLB, he just is not very physical, will adding another 10-20 pounds make him more physical? I think its more mental than anything.
You have to remember that this is is only Olgetree's second season ever at LB and as a true junior there's still alot he has to learn about the position, but not being physical or not wanting to hit is certainly not one of them. The guy loves flying around the football field and laying the big hit when ever he can, alls you have to do is watch him fill the hole againt eddie Lacey at the goaline.

Here's what his Dcoordinator said about him after he said he was going pro, I think it sums up his potential pretty well:

"A guy like him is going to be valued, because in that league, you've got to help your corners outside with the kind of wideouts that people have," Grantham said. "So if you help your corners outside, somebody's got to play one-on-one. You can't double everybody. And a guy like him can play some tight underneath coverage and take away the (Tony) Gonzalez, the (Kellen) Winslows -- those premier-type tight ends on the possession routes inside.
"He's got the ability to run things down and hit. He's physical. He's going to get bigger. He's a young player. He's a true junior, so the arrow is up on him and I think he's a real dynamic player."

"I think he's a special player there and that's one of the reasons we wanted to put him there, and I think his future's really bright because he's a young player at that position," Grantham said. "I wish him nothing but the best and know that he's a guy that can continue to improve and be a pretty dynamic player."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8801047/alec-ogletree-georgia-bulldogs-linebacker-decides-enter-2013-nfl-draft

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 06:08 AM
No that's not the bottom line, that's just your uneducated opinion. I've heard NFL scouts call him the best player on the Georgia defense, better then Jarvis Jones (projected top 5 pick), They all rave about his athletic ability which helped him out produce Manti Teo (projected top 10 pick) in 4 fewer games

Here's what Jarvis Jone's said about him:
“We knew that was coming,” Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones said. “The dude (Ogletree) is a beast. He can play safety. He can play linebacker and run sideline to sideline. They’re just one of those players that’s just special. We know that they’re going to be everywhere on every play. That gives the front a little more time to rush and lets us do some things differently. Coach (Todd) Grantham likes to mix things up and Alec, he’s a freak of nature.”

Todd Mcshay, who has him at 15 on his latest big board:
Analysis: Ogletree, who forced and recovered a fumble in the Capital One Bowl, is a raw prospect in terms of instincts, but he is a freakish athlete who chases plays from sideline to sideline and shows good potential as a pass-rusher.

Just for arguments sake, who do you consider worthy of our 1st round pick? I think Jarvis Jones said it best when he said, "hes just special".. Meaning, hes just simply a good player, end of story.. Sure, hes a freakish athlete with a monster vertical, and makes plays left and right, and lead the Bulldogs in Tackles while missing 4games, and is a turnover creating machine, but thats not even the bottom line.. Hes just a flat out good player..

I have put the NYCSPORTZFAN gurantee that Ogletree is gonna be a stud on the NFL level, and don't like saying that, if i don't truly believe it.. Hes one of those players ur gonna be able to put all over the field depending on down and distance, and his past as a Saftey only furthers my love for him as a prospect, as most MLB's are worrisome against the pass, but this kid thrives there, and hes got such speed, that he gets around blocks and to the line of scrimmage so fast, RB's don't know what hit em..

He had like 11.5 TFL and 3sacks while missing 4games, which is quite impressive.. I've watched him pickup TJ Yeldon and drive tackle em into the ground like he was a rag doll.. Hes a all around stud with loads of upside, and the upside is even more impressive because hes all ready good, so upside pretty much means even better then he all ready is, which is very good...

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 06:24 AM

I saw this and am certainly impressed, but not enough to give him the "freakish ability" tag. I don't care how well he can field an onside kick, bottom line is he is just average for a "1st rounder" when playing defense. What are u talking about? That picture dosen't even do justice his leaping ability and that play inpaticular.. This kids got crazy hops, and is extremely instinctive, judging by his 3sacks, 112tackles, 2FF, 1INT, 11.5 TFL while missing 4games.. He has insane athletic ability! Have u seriously not seen this guy play or something? Hes been the best defender on GA's team against both Bama and Nebrsaka... Hes flat out studly!

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Just look at the plays he was making against bama.. I don't see how this isn't physical play.. Also, look how he stays with the tackle on yeldon when yeldon had full head of steam and got to em on the 2nd level and Ogletree took a smack from em, but held right on and took em to the ground.. I love the play when he just flat out drives Yeldon to the ground like nothing..

How about stopping Eddie Lacy at the 1yrd line in one on one situation with no one else there between Lacy and the goaline? Flat out like Lacy was hitting a ton of bricks! This guys a freak!
Alec Ogletree 2012 Highlights vs Alabama - YouTube

► 3:29 www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-9M7dcIhM
Dec 7, 2012 - 3 min - Uploaded by tonytoon8991
Junior year SEC championship game Property of CBS.

WiIdcat
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Just look at the plays he was making against bama.. I don't see how this isn't physical play.. Also, look how he stays with the tackle on yeldon when yeldon had full head of steam and got to em on the 2nd level and Ogletree took a smack from em, but held right on and took em to the ground.. I love the play when he just flat out drives Yeldon to the ground like nothing..

How about stopping Eddie Lacy at the 1yrd line in one on one situation with no one else there between Lacy and the goaline? Flat out like Lacy was hitting a ton of bricks! This guys a freak!

He's definitely an IMPACT playmaker. Only problem I have is he gets washed out by linemen. Also have to worry about all the NFL talent that's around him on that defense with Jarvis Jones, Jenkins, and Rambo.

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I like him alot...In terms of MLB prospects Olgetree is probably the most athletic , best in pass coverage and best pass rusher coming out this season. The guys a tackling machine, he had more tackles then Teo while playing 4 less games!U have to keep lineman off him. Remember Georgia has 2 gigantic Defensive tackles they play in front of him.If u have 2 DT's that can eat up the interior line Ogletree will dominate the game. if u get lineman into the 2nd level though he struggles

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 08:39 AM

Difference between stopping a RB 1 on 1 and shedding lineman. i dont doubt Ogletree's ability to make plays when he is clean.
That performance is very uneven there is a whole drive in there were he gets taken out of every running play. When blockers get to him at the 2nd level he struggles. That doesnt mean he isnt a good player or wont improve but its on the game tape along with all the great plays

Jahh
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Difference between stopping a RB 1 on 1 and shedding lineman. i dont doubt Ogletree's ability to make plays when he is clean.
That performance is very uneven there is a whole drive in there were he gets taken out of every running play. When blockers get to him at the 2nd level he struggles. That doesnt mean he isnt a good player or wont improve but its on the game tape along with all the great plays

At times it looks like he gives up after a lineman gets their hands on him

Ny_STAT1989
01-04-2013, 09:42 AM
He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him.

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 10:03 AM
of course theres plays he looks bad.. What would that say about Barrett Jones, Fluker, and Warmack if Ogletree was dominating them and disengaging any and every block they were getting and also Micahel Williams as well?

This is the only place i've seen even the slightest negative thoughts on Alec Ogletree.. Its like no matter what he does, some of u just hate admiting anything other then ur originol opinion..

I could show Ogletree bulldozing throgh 9olineman and doing kartwheels through there blocks and i don't think it would change some of ur opinions..

The guys insnae.. Obviously, hes not gonna shed every block , and make every tackle against the run, and that video i displayed was to show just what kinda strength he has, and trust me, Taking Eddie Lacy on 1on1 when Lacy has a head of steam and stopping him dead in his tracks when even 10inches would get Lacy a TD is absoulutley impressive!

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
That performance is very uneven there is a whole drive in there were he gets taken out of every running play. When blockers get to him at the 2nd level he struggles. That doesnt mean he isnt a good player or wont improve but its on the game tape along with all the great plays Show me even one single game of any prospect video u have put up that isnt uneven, with good and bad?

The diffrence of good prospects is they show what there capable of and in games show those capabilities.. I mean, there is 10other guys out there with Ogletree who are part of these plays and what not as well, and are prospects themselves..

Go do a full tape of Shawn Williams or Baccari Rambo, or any of em, and ur gonna see good and bad.. U just want to see the good being diffrence making stuff, and Ogletree 100pct shows that.. Hence why he got good grades and chatter when u see people on the web discuss or grade his performances in the Bama game and NEB game for that matter...

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him. I didn't see lacy run over em and i've watched what i thought was just about every play from ogletree in that game? When did Lacy blow through em and cause a Missed tackle and keep going?

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 10:28 AM
He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him. Where??lol He most certainly didn't get ran over by Lacy in this game, i don't know what u were looking at..

This is a brilliant tape.. Sure, he got blocked well on some plays, but thats every player in every game.. This is what i want on our giants... He was a stud agianst Alabama and the announcer gave em his praise just as he should have.. He made some plays off blocks and got blocked well on some plays.. Thats called "football".. Just like baseball, basketball, and hockey, u don't bat 1000 for 1000... This is a hell of a tape to show pro scouts and probably one of the main reasons this guys a sure fire 1st rder with no ifs, ands , or maybe's about it... I'll gurantee it, just as i did weeks ago..

Alec Ogletree vs Alabama 2012 - YouTube

► 10:43 www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8
Dec 7, 2012 - 11 min - Uploaded by JPDraftJedi
Alec Ogletree vs LSU (2011)by Aaron AloysiusFeatured1,790; #2 Alabama vs #3 Georgia SEC ...

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Show me even one single game of any prospect video u have put up that isnt uneven, with good and bad?

The diffrence of good prospects is they show what there capable of and in games show those capabilities.. I mean, there is 10other guys out there with Ogletree who are part of these plays and what not as well, and are prospects themselves..

Go do a full tape of Shawn Williams or Baccari Rambo, or any of em, and ur gonna see good and bad.. U just want to see the good being diffrence making stuff, and Ogletree 100pct shows that.. Hence why he got good grades and chatter when u see people on the web discuss or grade his performances in the Bama game and NEB game for that matter... He just doesnt deal with Lineman well at all. im not disagreeing with the play making part

myles2424
01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him.
It's the draft, if a lb as talented & athletic as Ogletree was awesome against the run, he'd be a top 10 pick....it is what it is, not many prospects are perfect....you just take the chance & hope they keeping improving as pros, just like with every draft pick

PBTimmons
01-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, I've caught a lot of **** in this thread and I don't want anyone to think I ran away or anything...just forgot about the discussion.

What are u talking about? That picture dosen't even do justice his leaping ability and that play inpaticular.. This kids got crazy hops, and is extremely instinctive, judging by his 3sacks, 112tackles, 2FF, 1INT, 11.5 TFL while missing 4games.. He has insane athletic ability! Have u seriously not seen this guy play or something? Hes been the best defender on GA's team against both Bama and Nebrsaka... Hes flat out studly!

You act like his leaping ability has everything to do with being a good football player, let alone an NFL caliber LB. Ogletree is a raw, undersized safety-turned-MLB with limited starting experience and very average instincts for the position. All things considered he's just not a first round guy I'm begging the Giants to take at 19.

I tend to agree with just about everything RedEye is saying. Not to mention that I believe his opinion deserves a little more respect considering he has gone out of his way to put videos of draft prospects (including Ogletree) on Youtube.

*For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect.

Redeyejedi
01-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, I've caught a lot of **** in this thread and I don't want anyone to think I ran away or anything...just forgot about the discussion.

You act like his leaping ability has everything to do with being a good football player, let alone an NFL caliber LB. Ogletree is a raw, undersized safety-turned-MLB with limited starting experience and very average instincts for the position. All things considered he's just not a first round guy I'm begging the Giants to take at 19.

I tend to agree with just about everything RedEye is saying. Not to mention that I believe his opinion deserves a little more respect considering he has gone out of his way to put videos of draft prospects (including Ogletree) on Youtube.

*For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect.
I wouldnt say that ,I do very much respect Sportzfans opinions

PBTimmons
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I wouldnt say that ,I do very much respect Sportzfans opinions

Never said you didn't just giving you some kudos, friend.

Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

But this thread is about Ogletree, right?

Kruunch
01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.

Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?

Kruunch
01-10-2013, 09:26 AM

This was my thinking too.

slipknottin
01-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

Teo is not rare. No prospect in this draft is rare in fact.

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM

*For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect. I act like Leaping Ability is all that matters???lol What? I commented on that because u said u weren't impressed by his up's. I then went on further to validate my opinion by showing all hes done while missing 4games, including leading the Defense loaded with NFL prospects in tackles..

Who cares if hes a converted saftey? Thats because hes 2 big to play the positon and if anything just gives him that much more of a prespective on the field, as he now can think like both a S and ILB.. Hes got enough size, and proved he knows how to use it, as hes smashed RB's at the line and they go nowhere, and hes pretty much makes at least one monster hit a game, while piling up the tackles and impact plays.. Sure, he can stand to gain a few more LB's and get a bit better at disengaging, but all in all, the kids well on his way and has a skill package that simply makes defenses better with him on the field..

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't? exactly what i've been saying.. Once u really watch this kid, u can't help but fall for him as a prospect.. Hes definetly a kid whos gonna make a diffrence and not be invisible, thats for sure...

slipknottin
01-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Still strongly disagree he is a first round pick.

He's a projection as a middle linebacker. Crap with his hands, doesn't like to engage with a blocker. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done.

Projects better coming out as a weak side run and chase type.

Kruunch
01-10-2013, 12:36 PM

He's a projection as a middle linebacker. Crap with his hands, doesn't like to engage with a blocker. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done.

The Combine will really determine where he goes in this case I think.

If he pulls a sub 4.5 in the 40 teams will go gaga for him.

juice33s
01-10-2013, 03:28 PM

And does that even matter? The key is the guy is a three down line backer who doesn't need to come off the field no matter what the situation is. He might be a bit undersized at the moment, but I fully expect him to put on size, as does everyone else. Let me refer you to Brian Urlacher who put on 20 pounds from his last college game to the combine and ran a 4.59 (Which Olgletree will beat)

juice33s
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Don't be surpised when Olgetree is the first ILB taken in the 2013 draft

Carter.525
01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Don't be surpised when Olgetree is the first ILB taken in the 2013 draft

agreed.. hope it's at #19

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Don't be surpised when Olgetree is the first ILB taken in the 2013 draft He may very well be the first non pass rushing LB taken.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
He may very well be the first non pass rushing LB taken.

and hopefully he falls to us. this kid has huge potential and upside, and would fit perfectly into the defensive scheme.