PDA

View Full Version : I hope Fewell understand the defense now!

hungrrrry
12-24-2011, 05:08 PM
It isn't how he wants to play it...it is how it is supposed to be played...with heavy pressure on the QB...Granted...the Giants defense still gave up alot of plays but they were out there a long time since the Offense was inept this week for most of the game, with the exception of a few big plays.</P>

I like the way Tuck started to turn it on in the 2nd half...like he had purpose! JPP is Unbelievable!!! Cruz is playing like a 5th year pro-bowl vet...completely crazy from what is virtually a rookie who didn't play the first few games.</P>

ibbill
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Tuck hes back sure hope he hangs in there.. Sir JPP well enough said about him. Cruz is our #1 WR

gumby742
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
It isn't how he wants to play it...it is how it is supposed to be played...with heavy pressure on the QB...Granted...the Giants defense still gave up alot of plays but they were out there a long time since the Offense was inept this week for most of the game, with the exception of a few big plays.</P>

I like the way Tuck started to turn it on in the 2nd half...like he had purpose! JPP is Unbelievable!!! Cruz is playing like a 5th year pro-bowl vet...completely crazy from what is virtually a rookie who didn't play the first few games.</P>

i'm gonna go buy myself a JPP jersey.

TheAngryTuna
12-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I cannot agree with you more, or stress enough how important it is that Perry realizes this.

Medisleman
12-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Finally some pressure on the QB! This is definitely how this defense was meant to be played.

DandyDon
12-24-2011, 08:05 PM

So what does your post have to do with Fewell? If you blame him for all the past times the defense just didnt show up, you have to give him props when they do.

Did he not make the D game plan this week?

Some dudes are just haters....

Redeyejedi
12-24-2011, 08:09 PM

I like the way Tuck started to turn it on in the 2nd half...like he had purpose! JPP is Unbelievable!!! Cruz is playing like a 5th year pro-bowl vet...completely crazy from what is virtually a rookie who didn't play the first few games.</P>It was more because the defensive line played well more then anything else.When the Giants get those ends going there defense can be good

giantsfan420
12-24-2011, 08:09 PM

So what does your post have to do with Fewell? If you blame him for all the past times the defense just didnt show up, you have to give him props when they do.

actually todays game plan wasnt something we'd seen since NE. we played a ton of man press coverage. a ton of it. brought different blitz packages. challenged diff. gaps. we rushed 3 i believe ONE TIME.

fewell's game plan was good today, its been horrible for months before that. u really think people are "hating" and not representing how fewells been calling games?
really??

mikeq672
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
It isn't how he wants to play it...it is how it is supposed to be played...with heavy pressure on the QB...Granted...the Giants defense still gave up alot of plays but they were out there a long time since the Offense was inept this week for most of the game, with the exception of a few big plays.</p>

I like the way Tuck started to turn it on in the 2nd half...like he had purpose! JPP is Unbelievable!!! Cruz is playing like a 5th year pro-bowl vet...completely crazy from what is virtually a rookie who didn't play the first few games.</p>

actually todays game plan wasnt something we'd seen since NE. we played a ton of man press coverage. a ton of it. brought different blitz packages. challenged diff. gaps. we rushed 3 i believe ONE TIME.

fewell's game plan was good today, its been horrible for months before that. u really think people are "hating" and not representing how fewells been calling games?
really??

To me it wasnt so much gameplan as it was Tuck finally playing like Tuck. Also the Holmes and Keller drops helped. Fewell still called the same generic blitzes as he usually does. Rushing 4 guys into one gap just to watch them all run into eachother and none of them get in.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Probably stay with man press more often but you have to realize that, hate romo or not, thumb injury or not, he is a lot better then sanzhez and so is dez bryan austin and whitten.

There will be zone mixed in but the press man was nice to see more often.

It might be nice if our offense wasnt allowing time of possession to be completely in the opponents favor - 93 plays for the d - TOOO MANY

DandyDon
12-24-2011, 08:22 PM

really??

Even Rolle in his post game presser gave props to Fewell's game plan

And yes - if you still have to hate on Fewell after a good defensive game, then you are just a hater.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2011, 08:28 PM

really?? You can get away playing a lot of press man against the Jets because they arent explosive.When u play press man against the Saints U get blown out. The Jets have overrated receivers with a QB that lacks arm strength U can play press man against that all day. Same thing with the Pats they lack speed on the outside easy for the Giants to match up with.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2011, 08:30 PM
It isn't how he wants to play it...it is how it is supposed to be played...with heavy pressure on the QB...Granted...the Giants defense still gave up alot of plays but they were out there a long time since the Offense was inept this week for most of the game, with the exception of a few big plays.</p>

I like the way Tuck started to turn it on in the 2nd half...like he had purpose! JPP is Unbelievable!!! Cruz is playing like a 5th year pro-bowl vet...completely crazy from what is virtually a rookie who didn't play the first few games.</p>

really??

To me it wasnt so much gameplan as it was Tuck finally playing like Tuck. Also the Holmes and Keller drops helped. Fewell still called the same generic blitzes as he usually does. Rushing 4 guys into one gap just to watch them all run into eachother and none of them get in.
I agree they played a lot of press man against the Saints and got carved up.. Today the Defensive ends controlled the line something they havent done all year.If the Giants could ever get all those ends healthy at the same time and get a lead for once they can come after people. When your O doesnt score points in the first half and those guys arent healthy ur going to get pounded

T-Murda84
12-24-2011, 10:46 PM
I never thought any of the problems was Fewell's fault. Todays Defense effort was just much better today...Tuck played improved going against the worst right tackle in the NFL, JPP looked good....and the Giants D-Line did a very good job batting the ball down on the short passes....a couple of dropped passes and Sanchez being horribly inaccurate helps. The secondary did do a good job just be being in the vincinity of a receiver finally (thats a major part in defense).