PDA

View Full Version : How the Giants could Become a 3-4

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
This is just for fun but I thought of a way the Giants could quickly become an effective 3-4 defense. Hire Romeo Crennell

1. Trade JPP to Cleveland for their first round pick and a 3rd
2. Select Jarvis Jones with Cleveland's pick
3. Select Barkevious Mingo at 19
4. Select Nico Johnson in the 2nd
5. select Kwame Geathers in the 5th
6. move Tuck and Canty to DE
7. Linval at NT with Geathers Backing him up

Defense looks something like

KP/Rolle------------------------------------------------------------Brown/Hill
------------------------Blackburn-------Johnson
Hosley------Jones----Canty--Linval--Tuck-----Mingo----------Amukamara

GameTime
01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
why....
whats so good about Romeo....

TheAnalyst
01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
haha, this should be a good thread...

Trade our best defensive player with the most potetial. Right.

Toadofsteel
01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
LT nostalgia.

Moving on...

GameTime
01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
and having mostly rookies.....to boot

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Lol I did say for fun. and yes they would be mostly rookies but it would be a new system anyway and they'd be guys used to playing in a 3-4

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 10:56 AM
and not as much LT nostalgia as much as just missing seeing the old attacking 3-4 of the Giants. I've always like the 3-4 over the 4-3 even though I have been pleased with how well we've run it since the switch

NYGisBallin
01-02-2013, 11:22 AM
This is just for fun but I thought of a way the Giants could quickly become an effective 3-4 defense. Hire Romeo Crennell

Oy vey...

Carter.525
01-02-2013, 11:43 AM
trade JPP... NEVER !

TheAnalyst
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
This is a bit off topic, but, hypothetically, how much do you think we could get for Eli? Say if we traded him to the Browns or Jags or Chiefs. What would he net us?

FlyingTruck
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
This offseason is going to suck.

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Wow. No one is even willing to humor me?

TrueBlue@NYC
01-02-2013, 12:51 PM

Ok, just for fun, cause we get this every offseason, and since Osi was always the biggest impediment to moving in this direction anyway and he'll be gone.

Move JPP to OLB. He's athletic enough to play outside. Like Demarcus Ware, never play him in coverage.

Drop Boley and Rivers, they have no place in a 3-4 defense.

Joseph at the nose, would need another NT to back him up. Canty would have to be cut because you can't pay a 3-4DE 8 mill if he isn't Justin Smith or JJ Watt. Tuck could play at 3-4 DE where he wouldn't be relied on to make as many impact plays, since he can't seem to do that anymore anyway. Adrian Tracey to OLB, good fit for him. Kiwi as another OLB would work.

Blackburn would do well as an ILB since he wouldn't have to cover as much space. Would need another ILB to play with him. J. Williams would be limited to specialty packages as a nickle LBer only.

M00KIE
01-02-2013, 01:04 PM
I stopped reading at 1.

We can't get "one" dominant LB in over a decade and you wanna run a 3-4?

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I stopped reading at 1.

We can't get "one" dominant LB in over a decade and you wanna run a 3-4?When was the last time we put a premium on the LB position? if we drasfted for LBs the way we do for CBs and DL we might have found a couple.

Toadofsteel
01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
We haven't drafted big for LB because LB isn't as important as DL in the 4-3 system. Any team switching between 3-4 and 4-3 as their base defense needs to rebuild for at least a year...

Also, if we were a 4-3 in the 1980s, LT would have probably been converted to a DE. Not sure what the end result would be, but he still would have been a very powerful pass rusher. LT was more than just a LB, he was Lawrence freaking Taylor...

GoDeep80
01-02-2013, 01:29 PM
We haven't drafted big for LB because LB isn't as important as DL in the 4-3 system. Any team switching between 3-4 and 4-3 as their base defense needs to rebuild for at least a year...

Also, if we were a 4-3 in the 1980s, LT would have probably been converted to a DE. Not sure what the end result would be, but he still would have been a very powerful pass rusher. LT was more than just a LB, he was Lawrence freaking Taylor...That's what I'm saying though. We haven't had a stud LB because LB's aren't as important in a 4-3 system as the DL. If we switched to a 3-4 we have to change how we evaluate talent and our priorities which would cause us to look at LBs more thus us getting better LB talent. and the whole point of trading JPP would be to get more picks so we could acquire more pieces so that the transition could happen quicker, We get the two young taleted edge rushers with Kiwi and Tracy backing them up, a coach who is very good at the formation, And A 3-4 MLB that can be the leader of the defense.