PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw Talking Like A Player Who Won't Be Back

RoanokeFan
01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/01/bradshaw-talking-like-a-player-who-wont-be-back

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw says he’ll be “a Giant forever.” But he can’t say for sure that he’ll be in a Giants uniform next season.

Bradshaw brought fiery leadership to a quiet Giants team this season and rushed for more than 1,000 yards for the second time in his career, and he says he’s entering the offseason in relatively good health. But to hear him talk about it, his reward for that performance could be a dismissal from the only franchise he’s ever known.

“You just never know who won’t be back next year,” Bradshaw said as he cleaned out his locker earlier this week. “Including me.”The statement may have seemed odd, especially since Bradshaw still has two years remaining on the four-year extension that he signed in the summer of 2011. But the 26-year-old runner clearly doesn’t believe that his role in New York is secure. He spoke the same way immediately after Sunday’s regular season finale, saying that “this was going to be the last ride for a lot of guys to be Giants” and “it could be me by the same token.

”Bradshaw is slated to earn $3.75 million next season and $4 million the year after that, and he said the Giants have not approached him about restructuring his current deal. But, despite leading the Giants with 1,015 rushing yards, he wasn’t happy with his play this season, and he understands that team’s awful finish matters far more than his stat line.“We don’t make it to the playoffs, ain’t nothing to say,” he said. “That just all sums it up. I like to win; it’s not about the individual, it’s about the team and I’m a team player.” Read more...

nygpolishpunk
01-02-2013, 02:47 PM
It also sounds like a player with a bad taste in his mouth after not making the playoffs and realizing that there will be changes coming. The team may move in a different direction at RB, or they might not. Won't know until it happens.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 02:49 PM
i doubt we get rid of bradshaw. he'll just have a diminished role, but still enough carries to be a significant contributor, so he shouldnt get too down in the dumps. u know how prideful he is, that he knows wilsons is 99% gonna be starting, that messes with bradshaws psyche. but he'll still be pivotal to the offense imo. cant see us getting rid of him. he's 26. and despite how his injuries indicate otherwise, he actually doesnt have a ton of use on the wheels. he's never really been the sole, every guy rb. he's always had BJ with him and before that he was 3rd on the depth chart. He still can be extremely effective. Hope he doesnt go the Tuck route and play as bad as he might feel

Buddy333
01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately the business side of football could effect him but losing the heart of the offense is not a good thing. Guys might step, we don't know.

titwio
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm a grown man but I might actually weep like a little girl if he's not back next year. Bradshaw IS the heart of this team.

ShakeandBake
01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm a grown man but I might actually weep like a little girl if he's not back next year. Bradshaw IS the heart of this team.

+1. My favorite player on the team by far

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 02:59 PM
buddy and titiwo, i agree about bradshaw being the heart of the offense, but have u seen Wilson and how he has been with other teams? hes every bit as passionate as bradshaw, he literally almost was crying bc he was so upset he fumbled week 1, guy is like bradshaw in that regard and fell IF worst came to worse and bradshaws gone, which i dont think/want to happen, wilson could step up in that regard

ShakeandBake
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
buddy and titiwo, i agree about bradshaw being the heart of the offense, but have u seen Wilson and how he has been with other teams? hes every bit as passionate as bradshaw, he literally almost was crying bc he was so upset he fumbled week 1, guy is like bradshaw in that regard and fell IF worst came to worse and bradshaws gone, which i dont think/want to happen, wilson could step up in that regard

Not only does Bradshaw care about the team but he exhibits a certain type of toughness out there. I don't see the same toughness from Wilson that I do from Bradshaw.

BigBlue1971
01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Bradshaw is a beast. if it wasnt for his feet and ankles he would be in the same class as Marshawn Lynch and/or Frank Gore!

he could carry this team if healthy!

titwio
01-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Was one of the reasons I was such a fan of Wilson pre-draft. Wilson is ultra competitive and can be that guy but he hasn't earned that respect yet and honestly...it may take some time. Bradshaw has played through bad feet, broken ankles, a sprained knee and always showed up. Not to mention won 2 SB's with this team.

I just think the Giants parting ways with him because of salary would be a huge mistake. There are plenty other guys here making a lot more money who don't put up nearly the amount of effort AB does. I think it would be a big shame if the front office did him like that.

BlueReign
01-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Only one who shows he cares week in and week out.

barran21
01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
He might be the heart and soul of the team, but the dude has no ankles left, time to move on, sorry to say it but it's the truth...

ShakeandBake
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
He might be the heart and soul of the team, but the dude has no ankles left, time to move on, sorry to say it but it's the truth...

I really can't imagine him coming back next year and somehow having more injury problems than he did this year, all while still managing to put up over 1,000 yards on the ground. It would be dumb not to bring him back....

titwio
01-02-2013, 03:14 PM

Not so sure. His stats were good this year and that was through a lot of pain. I think with Wilson coming around, Bradshaw won't have to carry the load the same next year and can come off the bench ala Jacobs (ala Bradshaw in his early years) and still give this team a great spark.

BParcells777
01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
He Vill B Bakkkkk!!

ny06
01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
No one playes harder then Bradshaw.
Also we have to put into account this comment was made just a few days after the season ended, his emotions are high and he's frustrated.
I expect him to be playing in Giants blue next season...

RoanokeFan
01-02-2013, 03:33 PM
The only problem with Bradshaw is he can't play healthy any more and practicing one day a week just isn't getting the job done. I love the guy but I could understand them releasing him. What I think saves him is Wilson still has some developing to do. Andre Brown should come back healthy after breaking his leg and Scott will be coming off IR during the off season.

I don't see losing Bradshaw as something that can't be overcome, but I do like the emotion he brings to the game.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Was one of the reasons I was such a fan of Wilson pre-draft. Wilson is ultra competitive and can be that guy but he hasn't earned that respect yet and honestly...it may take some time. Bradshaw has played through bad feet, broken ankles, a sprained knee and always showed up. Not to mention won 2 SB's with this team.

I just think the Giants parting ways with him because of salary would be a huge mistake. There are plenty other guys here making a lot more money who don't put up nearly the amount of effort AB does. I think it would be a big shame if the front office did him like that.i agree completely. i hope we just use bradshaw the best way possible

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't want to see him go, but his 3.75 mil is a little too rich.

RoanokeFan
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Wouldn't want to see him go, but his 3.75 mil is a little too rich.

This could be Jacobs all over again. First restructure, and then.....

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
This could be Jacobs all over again. First restructure, and then.....I think Jacobs will encourage Bradshaw to accept the second restructure, and if not, stay away from SF.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
I love Bradshaw, he's such a TEAM player and gives his all. He would be GREAT as the #2 and even better #3 RB.

We would be foolish to no restructure him and bring him back with the injury issues of Andre Brown.

I think A LOT of fans LOVE Bradshaw it's just we don't like him as the main guy anymore. I never wanted him as the main guy to begin with I always loved Jacobs and then Bradshaw. perfect compliment.

Ladder27
01-02-2013, 05:20 PM

What your saying is not the way you should do business. what kinda example are you setting for all the other players out there. This guy laid his lively hood on the line for this team year in and year out since hes been here. Pay the man. If we are that great of a ball club we should have some kind of pride in our players that give us every ounce of what they have. Bradshaw has done way more then any play on this team in the last couple of years and doing so on to bad wheels. Anyone else would have been on the sideline or IR. If he gets tossed to the curb like trash. I will be one pissed off Giants fan.

TheAnalyst
01-02-2013, 05:22 PM
We need to keep him. 1-2-3 punch of AB1 AB2 and DW. Brown and Bradshaw are constantly injured so we need to keep them all.

Out of Exile
01-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Fumbles aside, I love the guy. I can't see them letting him go.

RUN BRADSHAW
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Brown and Wilson are way better than bradshaw and it was proven this year.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I traded him in my Madden online franchise for a first pick.

Harooni
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
sounds like a player that got a spanking from coughlin.

RoanokeFan
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
I think Jacobs will encourage Bradshaw to accept the second restructure, and if not, stay away from SF.

LOL for sure

RoanokeFan
01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Brown and Wilson are way better than bradshaw and it was proven this year.

We'll have to see if that's true next season

fourth&forever
01-02-2013, 09:54 PM
sounds like a player that got a spanking from coughlin.

AB understands the fickle football business. He's just being realistic about his future.

TextureDj
01-02-2013, 10:02 PM
I love Bradshaw, but if I remember correctly he has never been approached with the restructure of salary cap doom, meaning the team cat release him without having to pay off a signing bonus that was being apportioned through the remaining contract.

If I am right that he hasnt been restructured yet they may have to cut him as he is one of the few that they can gain anything by cutting.

Flip Empty
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Yep, as much as I want Wilson to blow up, I still don't want Bradshaw to go anywhere.

I wonder if he'd be willing to shed money?

jintsfan666
01-02-2013, 10:16 PM
good bradshaw is overrated anyway

LOL. I would like to go on record as being the first to wonder if "someone" has come back as Miggles?

jintsfan666
01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
just sayin

people on here freakin worship him. like he's ok but he's nothing special. david wilson is much faster

Sorry Miggles. Just a tongue in cheek reference to a long ago banned poster who was brought to mind by your user name.

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
good bradshaw is overrated anywayhe's was never considered a top RB to begin with so how can he be overrated, unless you're talking about the fans.

ShakeandBake
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
the fans think he is "the heart and soul of this team". we dont have a heart and soul on this team. that's why we got blown out in so many games to begin with.

Shutup 420, we all know you are a closet bradshaw hater and that you tried to impersonate giggles not too long ago. How many handles do you have on here?

JJC7301
01-03-2013, 12:28 AM
AB's my favorite player and $3.75 mil for him is very fair. While I wish that he would stay healthier, he's an impact player every year and still got 1,000+ yards this year while playing injured (again).

Absolutely keep him next year, but he should also be healthier because they'll DEFINITELY give more touches to Wilson and Brown. Our running game could really be a 3-headed beast next year, especially if the o-line is at least somewhat improved.

44#1
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Wilson - 1 good run out of 20 carries; 5-9 runs for negative yards; 10 carries for 40 yards.
Andre Brown - 50 carries and out for the year
Scott - 10 carries and 2 fumbles
Bradshaw - steady vet, 2 rings, great career avg, top 10 back when healthy

gmen0820
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Wilson - 1 good run out of 20 carries; 5-9 runs for negative yards; 10 carries for 40 yards. Andre Brown - 50 carries and out for the yearScott - 10 carries and 2 fumblesBradshaw - steady vet, 2 rings, great career avg, top 10 back when healthyHave you seen what little amount if carries that Wilson needs to score TDs? Do yourself a favor and check that out. Scott probably blows, not sure why the world was expected from him coming from the seventh round. Brown is always hurt, okay. Bradshaw, top 10 when healthy is irrelevant, because he is never healthy! Peterson, Rice, Foster, McCoy, Lynch, Gore, Ridley, Murray, Martin, Jackson, Richardson, Spiller, Charles, McFadden when healthy, Forte, maybe Alfred Morris, are all backs I'd take over Bradshaw if they were equally priced.

Cloud57
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uviR8HjLDxk

EliDaMANning
01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him go. The O line probably wouldn't mind either figuring nobody is going to run in their backs for no apparent reason anymore.

Ladder27
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Anyone pick up on what DW is doing that i would say is a credit to Bradshaw. If you watch that highlight video you see him use his one arm to shove the defender away like how Bradshaw always trys to do. In his collage highlights I never seen him do that.

Cloud57
01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Anyone pick up on what DW is doing that i would say is a credit to Bradshaw. If you watch that highlight video you see him use his one arm to shove the defender away like how Bradshaw always trys to do. In his collage highlights I never seen him do that.something I notice is that he always seems like he's about to trip every time he's running the ball, I feel he could gain even more yards if he just keeps his balance.

The_ One
01-03-2013, 06:23 PM
He is too expensive to be in a backup role, he is gone, we have some nice young up and coming RB's, in the NFL RB's do not last long, and Bradshaw is not what he used to be, love the guy for his fire but his legs can not keep up with his heart, it happens to the best of them.

NorwoodBlue
01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Coughlin would throw a hissy fit if they tried to cut Bradshaw next year, it simply ain't going to happen, even with his persistent foot problems. What you might see happen is Bradshaw might not start very often, if he doesn't get his butt to practices. He'd be a fresh guy for later in the game. One thing that should have become incredibly obvious is players who don't practice shouldn't walk back in and start on Sunday.