PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi/Blackburn/Boley

GiantFanatic55
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Easily the worst defensive unit this year. Will any of these LB's be starting next year?

Kiwi - was invisible this year at LB and most likely moves back to DE with Osi leaving

Blackburn - is a FA, and i don't he played consistency enough to warrant bringing him back. Plus, he sees himself as a starter now and i don't think he'll come back to be a backup and play special teams

Boley - his play dropped off considerably this year and I think he may get cut, not because he played poorly, but because he lost playing time towards the end of the season to Paysinger and Herzlich

Williams has good upside and I would like to see Rivers back, even though he is injury prone, and give him a chance to earn a starting spot

Thoughts?

BigBlue1971
01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
i think all 3 will be coming back!

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
im willing to give rivers another shot. he was injured, but also flashed at times showing the physical athleticism he has. he could be a real nice LB if healthy. Blackburn is great depth, just bc he wont start doesnt mean he wont be effective. Kiwi I agree was better at DE this year, at least more impactful imo. I don't know, getting the DL back to the level we're accustomed to helps the LB/DB's out a lot

Buddy333
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Depends on how they draft. What if they get a stud LB in the draft? Maybe they move Kiwi back to DE especially with the loss of Osi. Boley might be a business move.

njg85m
01-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Ridiculous all around.

Kiwi belongs on the d-line. We all know that. How anyone can fault him for stepping up when asked and playing a position that is not natural to him is just crazy. No he's not a good LB'er, but again - he did step up for the team when he was called upon.

Chase is routinely praised by our coaches as the most valuable defender on the entire team. And despite this giants message board mindset that he is terrible, he actually, in reality, is tremendously consistent, and performed very well this year.

GiantFanatic55
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Chase is routinely praised by our coaches as the most valuable defender on the entire team. And despite this giants message board mindset that he is terrible, he actually, in reality, is tremendously consistent, and performed very well this year.

He's consistently inconsistent...Yes he does call the plays, but he can't defend the run and is terrible in coverage

He only above average games this year were @ Cowboys, @ Bengals and home against the Eagles. All of the other games he was average or below average and most games he couldn't get off a block to save his life and was getting burned in coverage

Carter.525
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Id like to see Boley - Herz - Williams.. dont know who would be the SAM though

myles2424
01-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I hate thinking about our LBs....Kiwi thank god theres a good chance he goes back to DE....Hopefully Williams can get & stay healthy,along with rivers....Boley, hes making much more $ than hes worth....Blackburn,we may have no choice but to deal with him again if the FO does what we all expect them to do (not fix the problem).....But maybe behind a improved Dline it wont be as ugly.....
One way or another, we have to add LB youth & before round 3, no projects or late round picks......Kevin Minter,Ogletree,Arthur Brown,Gerald Hodges & kasheem Greene, Im starting my homework now on these guys...

GiantFanatic55
01-02-2013, 08:14 PM
One way or another, we have to add LB youth & before round 3, no projects or late round picks

Agreed

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I hate thinking about our LBs....Kiwi thank god theres a good chance he goes back to DE....Hopefully Williams can get & stay healthy,along with rivers....Boley, hes making much more $ than hes worth....Blackburn,we may have no choice but to deal with him again if the FO does what we all expect them to do (not fix the problem).....But maybe behind a improved Dline it wont be as ugly.....
One way or another, we have to add LB youth & before round 3, no projects or late round picks......Kevin Minter,Ogletree,Arthur Brown,Gerald Hodges & kasheem Greene, Im starting my homework now on these guys...Most of the time these so called "projects" are a wasted draft pick.

eusebiomor
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
When we left pass Jerod Mayo in the draft, what player did we chose?

Harooni
01-02-2013, 09:01 PM
2 are second string guys and one is a DE

jomo
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Kiwi to DE for good solves half of our problem there.
Then we need 3 new starters at LB and at least 2 new ones at OL.
Then we are ready for another SB run.
go Blue!!

bigblue58
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM

Herzlich is ok on sp teams and Williams showed nothing of what he was supposed to be and you want them to start next year? Thats crazy ....which,by the way, is why I think you'll end up being proven right!

jaxnygmen
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I would say kiwi will be back and be moved back to DE position. He is best when rushing the passer. The other two will be gone. Boley has been essentially a bust as a FA pick. Blackburn has a great heart but is not athletic or skillful enough to be the MLB.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Ridiculous all around.

Kiwi belongs on the d-line. We all know that. How anyone can fault him for stepping up when asked and playing a position that is not natural to him is just crazy. No he's not a good LB'er, but again - he did step up for the team when he was called upon.

No he wasn't. Based on PFF's ratings he was the second worst player on the defense, worst Lb by FAR.

Blackburn = -10.6

Harooni
01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Kiwi to DE for good solves half of our problem there.
Then we need 3 new starters at LB and at least 2 new ones at OL.
Then we are ready for another SB run.
go Blue!! please fax this asap to the front office

laylow28
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Kiwi returns to DL.

Blackburn Gone

Boley cut. Williams is ready to be a starter.

laylow28
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
When we left pass Jerod Mayo in the draft, what player did we chose? They didn't pass on Mayo.He went 10th, NYG picked at #31 (KP)

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 10:13 PM
He's consistently inconsistent...Yes he does call the plays, but he can't defend the run and is terrible in coverage

He only above average games this year were @ Cowboys, @ Bengals and home against the Eagles. All of the other games he was average or below average and most games he couldn't get off a block to save his life and was getting burned in coverage Most only see the splash plays they domnt see him get dominated the other 40 snaps he is on the field

Martyr
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I want to see more competition with better talent to push each other. I still think J Williams, Herzlich & Paysinger could use a good push to help them along

GiantFanatic55
01-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Most only see the splash plays they domnt see him get dominated the other 40 snaps he is on the field

Exactly

TCHOF
01-02-2013, 10:54 PM

Herz might be the worst MLB that I have ever seen.

Carter.525
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Herz might be the worst MLB that I have ever seen.

next year will be his year..

big blue dog
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
they should keep rivers around for the right price he has speed along with jwill i think if they can stay healthy there both all purpose types

JJC7301
01-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Easily the worst defensive unit this year. Will any of these LB's be starting next year?

Kiwi - was invisible this year at LB and most likely moves back to DE with Osi leaving

Blackburn - is a FA, and i don't he played consistency enough to warrant bringing him back. Plus, he sees himself as a starter now and i don't think he'll come back to be a backup and play special teams

Boley - his play dropped off considerably this year and I think he may get cut, not because he played poorly, but because he lost playing time towards the end of the season to Paysinger and Herzlich

Williams has good upside and I would like to see Rivers back, even though he is injury prone, and give him a chance to earn a starting spot

Thoughts?
- I always thought that Kiwi was wasted at LB. They should have just used him on the D-line and rotated him with JPP, Osi, and Tuck.
- Blackburn is better than what they had which was Goff. I'd like to see him back, but as a 2nd stringer. The guy absolutely has value, and is a leader rah-rah type that's important to have.
- If Paysinger and Herz are not starters and I don't think that they ever will be. If not Boley, then bring in a FA.
- I like Williams a lot and am eager to see him play next year. Rivers? Please.

BigBlueOnes
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Herzlich sucks. Nice story, crappy LBer. Seriously I don't know how people think he's much good at all. Chase isn't going anywhere. He stinks in coverage?Not great, but had a clutch interception last year against GB at home that lit a spark for us, then another game changer in the Super Bowl. He is fiery, hits hard, plays balls to the wall which is MORE than most of these guys gave us this year. I would hire and fire attitude at this point on this team. I think he'll be back. Rivers should get another shot. Williams is still a work in progress. Paysinger I'm not sure about. I'd keep Boley if we need a cameraman or media guy smashed in the face with a ball. I agree with moving Kiwi to the line after Osi and/or Tuck go.

CDN_G-FAN
01-03-2013, 01:01 AM
just saying, if i'm kiwi's agent, i'd be pretty pissed that they forced my client into taking almost all of his snaps in a lower paying position, and then shuffle him back to DE at a middle of the road LBers salary.

just one of those things that, given how accomodating Kiwi has been with the giants, could be an interesting situation if he's finally fed up.

GameTime
01-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Blackburn is one of the better "performers" on an average unit. For what its worth he deserves another shot to compete....

GiantRoc
01-03-2013, 02:13 AM

We had a terrible D this year. The fact that the coaches think Chase is the best on the team, makes me wonder about what they see. I can see Blackburn stay on ST and #2MLB. If he is our starter we will have another bad year against the run and shallow passing plays.

Kiwi needs to stay at DE. Never should have moved IMO. Boley may stay as a #2 because of TC's loyalty.

I like Williams and Rivers. We have to draft a starter at MLB or find a good one on the FA market.

These are just my opinions guys. I don't hate any Giants.

DownWitJPP
01-03-2013, 07:20 AM
IMO Paysinger is going to be the best out of the young guys...I also like J-Will but hes another one that's always hurt.

Giantterp
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Relative to the defensive "scheme" i think the DL played much worse. The Giants are going nowhere next year if that unit does not play much better. Does not really matter too much who the LB' are.

TCHOF
01-03-2013, 01:31 PM
next year will be his year..

I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make the roster after his performace this year. Very disappointing.

Martyr
01-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make the roster after his performace this year. Very disappointing.

Plenty of the guys on defense had a awful year, I cant single out a young player whose had 3 or 4 starts yet. Fans started the hype behined this guy remember

NorwoodBlue
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I would say kiwi will be back and be moved back to DE position. He is best when rushing the passer. The other two will be gone. Boley has been essentially a bust as a FA pick. Blackburn has a great heart but is not athletic or skillful enough to be the MLB.

Boley had a drop off this year; to call him a bust is unfair. He was one of the surest tacklers in the entire NFL in 2011, and he led the defense to a Super Bowl run in which they were very good.

bigblue58
01-03-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't understand how anybody can keep talking about Williams like he's the future when he didn't show squat, yet talk about Blackburn like he's an expendable bum when he led the team in tackles this season

GiantFanatic55
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
yet talk about Blackburn like he's an expendable bum when he led the team in tackles this season

He also had 10 missed tackles, which was second most on the team