PDA

View Full Version : Fewell is coming back YAY! So why do we always have miscommunications on the defense?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
And why do we always give up the big play?

That's my only problem with Fewell's defense... well that and we can never stop offenses on 3rd down.

Why is there always a mix up in the secondary that leads to a wide open receiver for a huge gain?

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
ask Tom

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM
This question has been beaten to death so many times. It's a mix between players being injured and the scheme they are playing in.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
This question has been beaten to death so many times. It's a mix between players being injured and the scheme they are playing in.

no.

the question is is our pash rush getting pressure?

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
no.the question is is our pash rush getting pressure? Thay wasn't his original question, but no we aren't. Tuck and Osi need to leave.

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Thay wasn't his original question, but no we aren't. Tuck and Osi need to leave.Tuck is here next year.

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Fewell can't coach, and it's clear since he isn't being interviewed for Head Coaching vacancies.

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Tuck is here next year. I like Tuck but he needs to retire. He better act and perform like he wants to be playing if he does indeed stay.

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I like Tuck but he needs to retire. He better act and perform like he wants to be playing if he does indeed stay.the good thing is next year will probably be his last

Riverboat76
01-02-2013, 04:05 PM
You guys just don't understand the genius of Fewell's patented BEND AND BREAK defensive scheme.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:05 PM
What?

I've never once seen this question asked on here lol

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 04:10 PM
What?I've never once seen this question asked on here lolWow really? It's asked like everyday lol. Sorry If I'm being a total ******, I think the mods should make an official PF thread and an offici KG thread.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM
no.

the question is is our pash rush getting pressure?

I think PF is a good coach. the only time our defense plays bad is when we have no pash rush. when we do we look dominant. same goes with the offense. when the O line plays good we look dominant. I really dont know anymore. my opinion bout this changes week to week. one week i think its more the players but then there are times when i think the coaches arent doing good job. if only i had the all 22 coaches version on NFL rewind. that would solve everything lol

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
I think PF is a good coach. the only time our defense plays bad is when we have no pash rush. when we do we look dominant. same goes with the offense. when the O line plays good we look dominant. I really dont know anymore. my opinion bout this changes week to week. one week i think its more the players but then there are times when i think the coaches arent doing good job. if only i had the all 22 coaches version on NFL rewind. that would solve everything lolDid you mean to quote yourself?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow really? It's asked like everyday lol. Sorry If I'm being a total ******, I think the mods should make an official PF thread and an offici KG thread.
No kidding.

Tons of message boards do this and if people don't use them just delete the thread. Rather than delete certain threads they pick and choose without notice. Makes no sense.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Did you mean to quote yourself?

lol no

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Did you mean to quote yourself?

!!!!!!

Never question the mentally unstable! What is wrong with you?!?!??

If he wants to have a conversation with himself leave him B!

...sorry about that marv, carry on friend ;)

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
lol noOh well anyway, I don't really know if PF is a good or bad coach. I hate the bend but don't break defense but at the same time, certain players do in fact need to go.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:18 PM
!!!!!!

Never question the mentally unstable! What is wrong with you?!?!??

If he wants to have a conversation with himself leave him B!

...sorry about that marv, carry on friend ;)

lol i actually know someone on here who actually has conversions with themselves using 2 different accounts. its pretty funny

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
lol i actually know someone on here who actually has conversions with themselves using 2 different accounts. its pretty funny

Wowww.. way to throw harooni under the bus like that.... geeeeeeeeeez

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
lol i actually know someone on here who actually has conversions with themselves using 2 different accounts. its pretty funnyLeave him alone

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh well anyway, I don't really know if PF is a good or bad coach. I hate the bend but don't break defense but at the same time, certain players do in fact need to go.

I cant tell anymore either. I need to get my hands on that coaches film. Ill think of purchasing it next season. With that i can break down each play and ultimately each game in order to know whos fault it was.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Leave 420 alone

i wasnt going to mention any names. way to throw him under the bus.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Leave 420 alone

Wow... everyone is name dropping now.. no discretion on these boards! ahaha

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Just delete your comments, I already edited mine..bad move on my part.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM

too late. the damage has already been done.

BParcells777
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Perry is just trying to add drama to our games.........he like that come down to the last second stuff.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Lol was joking

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 04:36 PM
If Fewell is so bad how did he hold Brady to 17 points in the super bowl? And if you say it's the players, I agree! It's players when they are good, and the players when they are bad. Fewell is a good enough DC to win a super bowl if he has healthy and talented players. This year he didn't have them.

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Lol was jokinglol nah, it's not a good thing to do.

NYG4lifeNYK
If Fewell is so bad how did he hold Brady to 17 points in the super bowl? And if you say it's the players, I agree! It's players when they are good, and the players when they are bad. Fewell is a good enough DC to win a super bowl if he has healthy and talented players. This year he didn't have them.
So he didn't have those players last regular season? ...when our defense was ranked 2011: points (25th), yards (27th)
They magically appeared during the Super Bowl run?

You must be content with mediocrity.

The defense the past two seasons are pretty similar in that they were both bad.

2011: points (25th), yards (27th)
2012: points (12th), yards (31st)

We don't even make the playoffs in 2011(let alone win the Super Bowl) if Eli wasn't the best QB in the league that year

Rudyy
too late. the damage has already been done.oops

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
No clue what's going on, but it's probably Rudy's fault.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:52 PM
No clue what's going on, but it's probably Rudy's fault.

"Whoever smelt it, dealt it."

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
So he didn't have those players last regular season?

Every year is different even with the same players. Players are a year older and their injuries vary year to year. The DC and his scheme didn't change, so how anyone can blame the DC is hilarious.

JesseJames
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I don't know if anybody else sees this but we have played 2 full seasons under Fewells defense and these guys in the secondary still look as if they don't know their responsibilities out there and run a round late to the play because they blew the coverage. The last time I can remember seeing this kind of stuff going on regularly was when we had Tim Lewis running his read and react and the same thing before him with Rod Rust, Coughlin should have know this wasn't going to work..

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Every year is different even with the same players. Players are a year older and their injuries vary year to year. The DC and his scheme didn't change, so how anyone can blame the DC is hilarious.

No kidding and the defense was terrible yet again this year, where are you going with this?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I don't know if anybody else sees this but we have played 2 full seasons under Fewells defense and these guys in the secondary still look as if they don't know their responsibilities out there and run a round late to the play because they blew the coverage. The last time I can remember seeing this kind of stuff going on regularly was when we had Tim Lewis running his read and react and the same thing before him with Rod Rust, Coughlin should have know this wasn't going to work..

Bingo.

Never had this problem under spags.... maybe because we had AP.. who knows.

I know you can't blame the players when it happens two years running.......

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 04:55 PM
No kidding and the defense was terrible yet again this year, where are you going with this?

Do I really need to go any farther?

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I know you can't blame the players when it happens two years running.......

not sure what you mean by this, but do u put any blame on the players. even a little?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Do I really need to go any farther?

Any further? You didn't go anywhere.

You're point made zero sense.

You said:

How could you not blame Fewell? You're talking as if though our defense was good the year before... it wasn't. At all. One of the worst in the league.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
not sure what you mean by this, but do u put any blame on the players. even a little?
Absolutely but if we didn't have miscommunications every game under Spags what does that tell you? it's been two years with Fewell. Basically same players on defense so why are the same issues reoccurring? You tell me if it's not the DC.

JesseJames
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM
when the faces of the players change and the problem doesn't then its time to look at what we're doing and the leadership

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Any further? You didn't go anywhere.

You're point made zero sense.

You said:

How could you not blame Fewell? You're talking as if though our defense was good the year before... it wasn't. At all. One of the worst in the league.

Our defense wasn't good last year? How did they win the super bowl and hold Brady to 17 points? You are the one not making sense. And stop quoting stats like total yards. They don't translate into wins and losses.

BParcells777
01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Perry is an Enigma.......in certain games like the SFO game or the GB game he unleashes the dogs and we cruise........then against weaker opponents he goes into his shell

Maybe Coughlin is pulling te strings and tellng Perry to play the bend dont break D

There is no way of knowing

Buddy333
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Another thread about the DC! Yay!

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Our defense wasn't good last year? How did they win the super bowl and hold Brady to 17 points? You are the one not making sense. And stop quoting useless stats like total yards. They don't translate into wins and losses.
In the REGULAR season for 16 games, our defense was ATROCIOUS. Do you understand that?

That is BOTTOM of the league.

I guess being 25th in total points allowed is a useless stat though...

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 05:11 PM
In the REGULAR season our defense was ATROCIOUS. Do you understand that?

That is BOTTOM of the league.

I guess being 25th in total points allowed is a useless stat though...

So what? And when Osi came back from injury we went on a run and our defense was very good. So was the DC magically better than earlier in the season? NO. Our defense got healthy at the perfect time. Tuck, Osi, and JPP were applying constant pressure. This year that pressure disappeared because all three players were not as good as last year. JPP had a back issue since the middle of the year, Tuck was again injured and a year older, and Osi is a year older. Same players, same DC, different result. It's not the DC.

YATittle1962
01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
I just read this whole thread........a few minutes of my life I will never get back by the way

and what I gathered is that I am slowly realizing that the football intelligence......I didn't say intelligence.....I said football intelligence of the members of this forum has steadily decreased since in the past 5 or so years

it used to be stocked with Davidkahns and slipknottins and zimonamis .......now....not so much

things are not always black or white.....

thats all I have to say about that

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I just read this whole thread........a few minutes of my life I will never get back by the way

and what I gathered is that I am slowly realizing that the football intelligence......I didn't say intelligence.....I said football intelligence of the members of this forum has steadily decreased since in the past 5 or so years

it used to be stocked with Davidkahns and slipknottins and zimonamis .......now....not so much

damn. looks like i missed out on a good Era.

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
No clue what's going on, but it's probably Rudy's fault.I thought we were friends..

BParcells777
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Sorry but I don't get your point......are you satisfied with our defensive achievements and coaching? I grew up on fierce Giants D......John Mendenhall, LT, Andy Robustelli, Brad Van Pelt, Harry Carson, the list goes on and on.......I just cannot swallow our descent into #30 in the league. Its hard to take, real hard
I guess your saying its the players.......maye it is, but how do you account for the SFO and GB beat downs........the 1st half of game #16?? Its apparent to me that when we attack we dominate...........the bend don't break D makes me want to vomit

One thing I recall about the Spags years was no one abused us like the Ravens and Atlanta did........NEVER, if you beat us, you beat us by a small margin

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM
So what? And when Osi came back from injury we went on a run and our defense was very good. So was the DC magically better than earlier in the season? NO. Our defense got healthy at the perfect time. Tuck, Osi, and JPP were applying constant pressure. This year that pressure disappeared because all three players were not as good as last year. JPP had a back issue since the middle of the year, Tuck was again injured and a year older, and Osi is a year older. Same players, same DC, different result. It's not the DC.
Osi missed only 3 games in 2011.

Our defense was terrible, I'm not sure what you're talking about.... we were ranked near the last in the league.... we gave up 30+ points on the regular.

YATittle1962
01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Sorry but I don't get your point......are you satisfied with our defensive achievements and coaching? I grew up on fierce Giants D......John Mendenhall, LT, Andy Robustelli, Brad Van Pelt, Harry Carson, the list goes on and on.......I just cannot swallow our descent into #30 in the league. Its hard to take, real hard
I guess your saying its the players.......maye it is, but how do you account for the SFO and GB beat downs........the 1st half of game #16?? Its apparent to me that when we attack we dominate...........the bend don't break D makes me want to vomit

I see you took this personally

I gave no opinions as to what I prefer scheme wise

it just saddens me when people with such strong opinions know very little about what they are talking about

granted these boards are for fans to come and vent and express opinions

but the lack of football knowledge as far as schematics and responsibilities blows my mind sometimes

Eliscruzzz
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Lol... PF was not the problem this year. He lost T2, KP, Rivers parts switching almost every game. I really believe if we had some of those players for most of or half the year this defense would be top 10. The loss of KP to me was a bigger factor in why we sucked. You could see it when he played how much better this defense was. Just a thought for some of you wanting to let him go and ready to give SB the gig.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM

He's not saying its the players or the coaches. What he is trying to say is that things arent always so black and white. You cant just say "the defense played bad, therefore its the DC"s fault". "That play didnt work therefore its KG's fault". Part of the problem on defense could very well be PF's fault but at least bring a legitimate argument to the table. Most threads lack that.

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Osi missed only 3 games in 2011.

Our defense was terrible, I'm not sure what you're talking about.... we were ranked near the last in the league.... we gave up 30+ points on the regular.

Why don't you look at how our defense played the last two regular season games and the 4 playoff games. Then you will understand what I'm talking about.

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
He's not saying its the players or the coaches. What he is trying to say is that things arent always so black and white. You cant just say "the defense played bad, therefore its the DC"s fault". "That play didnt work therefore its KG's fault". Part of the problem on defense could very well be PF's fault but at least bring a legitimate argument to the table. Most threads lack that.Adding to this- That's why just firing coaches and staff members won't solve anything. I question the coaching decisions a lot but in no way are they the only problem. That's ridiculous.

JesseJames
01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
damn. looks like i missed out on a good Era. not really I was here during that era and the in fighting was nasty and we had an elite group of posters who thought they ran the board, they have cleaned it all up since and I guess it has become too nice for the old crowd of boasters who left for other places to dominate...

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Why don't you look at how our defense played the last two regular season games and the 4 playoff games. Then you will understand what I'm talking about.
So we just throw out and forget about the other 14 games?

I understand exactly what you're talking about.

Who cares about the Jets game.... it's Mark Sanchez. Their offense is worse than a college team.

moosedrool
01-02-2013, 05:57 PM
We gave up 30+ in the last regular season game FYI. How is that good defense?

We gave up 14 point in the last game vs the Cowboys! You continue to post ridiculous stuff.

Marvelousmik
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
not really I was here during that era and the in fighting was nasty and we had an elite group of posters who thought they ran the board, they have cleaned it all up since and I guess it has become too nice for the old crowd of boasters who left for other places to dominate...

When you say elite you mean top 5 guys? Im only kidding, but on a serious note it sounds like things were more entertaining and the variety was better back then. Right now there has only been about 5 members who ive actually had a real debate with. and 4 of them is the same person.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2013, 06:01 PM
We gave up 14 point in the last game vs the Cowboys! You continue to post ridiculous stuff.

Opps my apologies, I read it wrong.

In any case our defense was not that much better than the first half of the season. Certainly in the playoffs we were outstanding but that doesn't just erase our terrible defense during the regular season.

YATittle1962
01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
He's not saying its the players or the coaches. What he is trying to say is that things arent always so black and white. You cant just say "the defense played bad, therefore its the DC"s fault". "That play didnt work therefore its KG's fault". Part of the problem on defense could very well be PF's fault but at least bring a legitimate argument to the table. Most threads lack that.

thank you for clarifying my thoughts mik

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 06:27 PM

thats all I have to say about thati dont get it myself either, couple minutes ill never get back.

giantsfan420
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
i think a big reason we had break downs and gave up an abnormal amount of big plays, especially on 3rd down (i cant recall a season we allowed so many 3rd and forevers to convert), was KP missing half the season almost. He takes away the big play so well, without him we may not have been as great as we all thought personnel wise, especially when the players arent executing. that said, PF also has his share blame in it too, put the players in the best possible scenario to succeed and I dont know if he did that all that great

B&RWarrior
01-02-2013, 06:52 PM
I think you need good cover corners to run this scheme the way we ran it during our SB run and the front 7 has to be stout versus the run and bring pressure on the QB. Even so, PF's system always tends to have problems versus ver mobile QBs like RG3 or even Rodgers. Schematically we changed from a zone to more man to man coverage after week 12 last year, right when we made our run. This year our coverage has suffered with the decline of C-Web and the learning of the younger DBs. Injuries to Canty and the continued decline of JT led to a lack of production in the pass rush. The one guy we brought in to address the pass rush was 35 or 36 and was put on IR before the season started. The pass rush was lackluster this year but it wasn't our biggest problem. Teams were gashing us up the middle at will, that is the biggest problem. Personnel is the problem. Our DTs are not that good yes including Canty and Joseph and we lacked depth. JPP is the only guy on the line that performed well consistently this year. You can't create the pressure needed by this system with one good Dlineman. The linebackers are also mediocre when they are on and awful when the are not.

nycisgreat
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Fewell can't coach, and it's clear since he isn't being interviewed for Head Coaching vacancies.

Same goes for Gilbride. Teams aren't knocking the door down for his services either.

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Same goes for Gilbride. Teams aren't knocking the door down for his services either.I was only being sarcastic. I'm probably Fewell's biggest supporter on here lol

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I thought we were friends..Don't flatter yourself Rudith...

cva14
01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I'll take that as facetious Riverboat. You are what your record says you are, and where we are is not up to Giant standards. This team's tradition was built in New York on defense

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I just read this whole thread........a few minutes of my life I will never get back by the way and what I gathered is that I am slowly realizing that the football intelligence......I didn't say intelligence.....I said football intelligence of the members of this forum has steadily decreased since in the past 5 or so years it used to be stocked with Davidkahns and slipknottins and zimonamis .......now....not so much things are not always black or white.....thats all I have to say about thatLol well said. The coaching hate has been insane. I know it's already been suggested, but we really need some official threads going on because this ****'s getting flooded!

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Don't flatter yourself Rudith...http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd489/xal0nenowx/Sad%20gifs/tumblr_loqv6e5o111qg6wsp.gif

Eliscruzzz
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
fewell is trash manlol,please explain...

Eliscruzzz
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
wow, i really need to explain?

we've had one of the worst defenses in the league twice already, what makes you think its going to change?You do not think injuries and players laziness had anything to do with that??