PDA

View Full Version : It's time to turn Eli loose

bashful
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
This offense needs a stick of dynamite. Eli needs to be in control just like his brother and not be held back by an unimaginative OC and a conservative HC. He has shown numerous times that when he is in control and has the ability to call the plays he can move this team. Instead he never gets into a rhythm unless the troll is out in front.
He is a master of the game - he has the roots and the ability but is not given enough freedom. Mistakes will be made but the upside and win percentage will be vastly improved. No second half let down. He has forgotten more than KG knows and he as the ability to make adjustments something we have not seen.

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.

TextureDj
01-02-2013, 10:03 PM
CUT ELI. Bet he clears waivers and we can put him on the PS until he gets his **** together.

Manning
01-02-2013, 10:04 PM
My coaches have been fine. I need to play better.

Drez
01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
I wonder how much you actually know about this offense.

ELIte4MVP
01-02-2013, 10:10 PM
He knows that eli doesn't like gilbride

ELIte4MVP
01-02-2013, 10:11 PM
And he also knows that gilbride has no say in gameplanning the two minute drill

Drez
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
And he also knows that gilbride has no say in gameplanning the two minute drill
There's a lot of things that he ​knows.

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Let's just ****ing blow up the whole team. **** it, YOLO.

jax5338
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
i dont care if we cut gilbride, keep gilbride, whatever. i just wanna see more variety out of the giants offense. what we saw in the final game with some downfield throws to our RBs and some good short and deep passes mixed in was beautiful. i saw soem great plays we didnt see all year, and less of the predictable crap gilbride always leans on.

also heavier doses of playmakers like wilson sure seemed to help. defenses always have to account for his speed.

and yes, we have to start running a no huddle. all the other teams with top notch QBs are running them and having success, and throughout the years the giants have had one of the best 2 minute offenses in the NFL in the no huddle, so they can definitely handle it.

Drez
01-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Let's just ****ing blow up the whole team. **** it, YOLO.
You lose some serious cool points for saying, "YOLO." lol

Cloud57
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
i dont care if we cut gilbride, keep gilbride, whatever. i just wanna see more variety out of the giants offense. what we saw in the final game with some downfield throws to our RBs and some good short and deep passes mixed in was beautiful. i saw soem great plays we didnt see all year, and less of the predictable crap gilbride always leans on.

also heavier doses of playmakers like wilson sure seemed to help. defenses always have to account for his speed.

and yes, we have to start running a no huddle. all the other teams with top notch QBs are running them and having success, and throughout the years the giants have had one of the best 2 minute offenses in the NFL in the no huddle, so they can definitely handle it.I doubt we'll see those plays anytime soon like we did against philly. I think he did that because we had a big lead.

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 10:29 PM
You lose some serious cool points for saying, "YOLO." lolIt's cool, I have enough to spare. #yolo #coolpoints #hashtag #drez #gmen0820 #conversation #giantsmessageboard #GMB #godfather

jomo
01-02-2013, 10:29 PM
we actually need to get rid of Eli. sorry but hes been mediocre for way too long. yeah he won 2 superbowls but a great defense helped him...........yeah and oh by the way he won a couple of Super Bowls lol

Rudyy
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
..........yeah and oh by the way he won a couple of Super Bowls lollmao

radar-ray
01-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I doubt we'll see those plays anytime soon like we did against philly. I think he did that because we had a big lead. And that would be a crying shame!!! Actually we had had big leads against SF & GB and never saw those plays. Strange.

B&RWarrior
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
there needs to be a license to start a thread

Sarcasman
01-02-2013, 10:59 PM
CUT ELI. Bet he clears waivers and we can put him on the PS until he gets his **** together.

Leave this kind of things to the professionals please.

Drez
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
It's cool, I have enough to spare. #yolo #coolpoints #hashtag #drez #gmen0820 #conversation #giantsmessageboard #GMB #godfather
I have a co-worker that I'm FB friends with that posts like that. If she weren't so hot, I'd probably unfriend her, lol.

gmen0820
01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I have a co-worker that I'm FB friends with that posts like that. If she weren't so hot, I'd probably unfriend her, lol.Seriously, don't we all? All the hash-tagging eye sores on my FB are definitely off the friends list.

#truth

JJC7301
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
This offense needs a stick of dynamite. Eli needs to be in control just like his brother and not be held back by an unimaginative OC and a conservative HC. He has shown numerous times that when he is in control and has the ability to call the plays he can move this team. Instead he never gets into a rhythm unless the troll is out in front.
He is a master of the game - he has the roots and the ability but is not given enough freedom. Mistakes will be made but the upside and win percentage will be vastly improved. No second half let down. He has forgotten more than KG knows and he as the ability to make adjustments something we have not seen.

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.
I like KG, but I agree with you. I think that Eli does a very good job when running things during the 2-minute O. He should be controlling things more like Peyton.

Harooni
01-02-2013, 11:31 PM
the thread title was misleading i was thinking something else.

giantsfan420
01-03-2013, 12:35 AM

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.ya know, i've already eaten crow on KG and i fear i have to do it again.

I been thinking, and u know what the biggest difference with Eli and Peyton? Not OC competency. OL. I watched as much as I could of the Broncos out of boredom Christmas Day. Their OL rarely lets teams get to Peyton. Its remarkable. He plays a part in it with his pocket presence, but still. I noticed Brady and Peyton get the cleanest pockets, and when you rattle their platform, theyre at their highest chance of losing. I know we gave up a low # of sacks, and that the OL improved from 2011. I'd still love to see us give Eli an OL the likes of which Peyton and Brady have and then see what the offense looks like. Bc I know when we give Eli time, the offense is unstoppable.

dave56dj
01-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Do people think when Eli calls the 2 minute drill he writes plays in the sand - PEOPLE he calls Gilbrides offense based on the box he see's. Its not different then the audibles or checks he makes at the line when huddling only he is pulling the trigger faster - so you like eli in the 2 minute drill - Guess what same Gilbride plays - SO YOU LIKE GILBRIDE.

As for TC or Gilrbride being conservative - dead wrong. Their offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep route. Unlike the west coast offense they are looking for the deep ball often. Now you may not like the lack of trick plays but the theory is those plays are for lesser teams who cannot beat you straight up or for personnel reason (see the jets for former and niners for latter).

giantsfan420
01-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Do people think when Eli calls the 2 minute drill he writes plays in the sand - PEOPLE he calls Gilbrides offense based on the box he see's. Its not different then the audibles or checks he makes at the line when huddling only he is pulling the trigger faster - so you like eli in the 2 minute drill - Guess what same Gilbride plays - SO YOU LIKE GILBRIDE.

As for TC or Gilrbride being conservative - dead wrong. Their offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep route. Unlike the west coast offense they are looking for the deep ball often. Now you may not like the lack of trick plays but the theory is those plays are for lesser teams who cannot beat you straight up or for personnel reason (see the jets for former and niners for latter).all fine and true. but whose to blame when we dont make adjustments when the OL clearly isnt protecting the qb long enough for those routes to develop or for the lack of a run game other times? KG does have his faults. the criticism on him isnt unfounded, maybe misplaced. but def not unfounded.

BuffyBlueII
01-03-2013, 02:46 AM

+1

BuffyBlueII
01-03-2013, 02:47 AM
I wonder how much you actually know about this offense.

Somuch more than most posters on this board.

There is no justification for this piss poor offensive play calling by our piece of unadulterated detritus OC.

BuffyBlueII
01-03-2013, 02:55 AM
ya know, i've already eaten crow on KG and i fear i have to do it again.

I been thinking, and u know what the biggest difference with Eli and Peyton? Not OC competency. OL. I watched as much as I could of the Broncos out of boredom Christmas Day. Their OL rarely lets teams get to Peyton. Its remarkable. He plays a part in it with his pocket presence, but still. I noticed Brady and Peyton get the cleanest pockets, and when you rattle their platform, theyre at their highest chance of losing. I know we gave up a low # of sacks, and that the OL improved from 2011. I'd still love to see us give Eli an OL the likes of which Peyton and Brady have and then see what the offense looks like. Bc I know when we give Eli time, the offense is unstoppable.

Brother, I am one of the biggest Eli supporters there is. The guy is great. However, the difference between Eli, Brady and Peyton is not their offensive lines. Peyton and Tom may be The 2 Best Ever. Eli as well as no other QB in NFL right now is their class.

DarkSaint
01-03-2013, 03:05 AM
ya know, i've already eaten crow on KG and i fear i have to do it again.

True, when the OL blocks well, it allows eli enough time complete those plays that take forever to develop and have it also gives our WRs enough time to create separation. But, how about when he doesn't have the time, our OC doesn't know how to use the talent around him to benefit our team. We can build our OL but against elite defenses, with high quality rushers via blitz or DL, we will still struggle. We have to improve our OL and our gameplan/play calling. Killdrive doesn't believe in adjustments unless our backs are truly against the wall, last game, need some help getting in.
The 1st 15 games when in the redzone we were guaranteed to see run for a loss, run for a yard, corner fade, FG. In the final game against the eagles, we did a play-action for a td, that's like unheard of because it actually worked. Unless the OC decides to learn some new tricks simplify the game plan, make it easier for the guys to run their routes, i mean why does it take a year for rookie wrs to pickup our offense? Other rookies are ready to go day one. We need to modify our system. Brees didn't become a 70% completion qb until he got into payton's system. Our QB completed 62% with constant pressure and a complex system. We have the players, no imagine, a better Oline and an easier system? I wouldn't mind keeping Killdrive if he decides to make adjustments.

giantsfan420
01-03-2013, 03:32 AM
True, when the OL blocks well, it allows eli enough time complete those plays that take forever to develop and have it also gives our WRs enough time to create separation. But, how about when he doesn't have the time, our OC doesn't know how to use the talent around him to benefit our team. We can build our OL but against elite defenses, with high quality rushers via blitz or DL, we will still struggle. We have to improve our OL and our gameplan/play calling. Killdrive doesn't believe in adjustments unless our backs are truly against the wall, last game, need some help getting in.
The 1st 15 games when in the redzone we were guaranteed to see run for a loss, run for a yard, corner fade, FG. In the final game against the eagles, we did a play-action for a td, that's like unheard of because it actually worked. Unless the OC decides to learn some new tricks simplify the game plan, make it easier for the guys to run their routes, i mean why does it take a year for rookie wrs to pickup our offense? Other rookies are ready to go day one. We need to modify our system. Brees didn't become a 70% completion qb until he got into payton's system. Our QB completed 62% with constant pressure and a complex system. We have the players, no imagine, a better Oline and an easier system? I wouldn't mind keeping Killdrive if he decides to make adjustments.i agree. i made a post somewhere on the MB about how its still on KG when we arent getting the protection for eli, that he fails to make any sort of positive adjustments. we either are getting the time from the OL, or we're not. no other concepts, at least that stand out to me Im sure someone has more knowledge on the topic.
I was really critical on KG during the season but looking back, i may have been acting in response to the difficulties too harshly. we did have personnel issues. if we can give eli a monster OL like Brady gets or his bro gets, i just cant see this offense getting shut down let alone out. but kg still does have his flaws that drive me crazy, just i am confident this offense CAN work. if we dont address the OL at all in the offseason, ill be really worried.

DarkSaint
01-03-2013, 03:43 AM
i agree. i made a post somewhere on the MB about how its still on KG when we arent getting the protection for eli, that he fails to make any sort of positive adjustments. we either are getting the time from the OL, or we're not. no other concepts, at least that stand out to me Im sure someone has more knowledge on the topic.
I was really critical on KG during the season but looking back, i may have been acting in response to the difficulties too harshly. we did have personnel issues. if we can give eli a monster OL like Brady gets or his bro gets, i just cant see this offense getting shut down let alone out. but kg still does have his flaws that drive me crazy, just i am confident this offense CAN work. if we dont address the OL at all in the offseason, ill be really worried.

Yeah, Eli did throw close to 5000 yards with this guy, the cincy game was a perfect example though of his incompetence. They were bringing in pressure and we basically put nothing together except for the drive before the half. I don't know why Killdrive didn't see that and use it to make adjustments. If we get better system, healthy WRs corp and a couple of players to make our OL stronger, we will have a unstoppable offense.

flashnando
01-03-2013, 08:51 AM
we actually need to get rid of Eli. sorry but hes been mediocre for way too long. yeah he won 2 superbowls but a great defense helped him.

I'm so glad that some of you did not end up in the Giant or any NFL teams front office. Cut Eli? REALLY! whats next? you would cut Brady because he lost to the Giants and Eli twice in the superbowl? SMH

ryan12
01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
we actually need to get rid of Eli. sorry but hes been mediocre for way too long. yeah he won 2 superbowls but a great defense helped him.

you sir are funny

Redeyejedi
01-03-2013, 09:04 AM

U think its possible that Peyton is just better than Eli . A lot of posters on this board seem to have the belief that Eli gets a play given to him and he runs it but that couldnt be further from the truth. They say the Giants offense is unimaginative yet the play can develop in a variety of ways depending on how the defense is aligned. I bet to u the Redskins offense is more imaginative yet its based on very simple concepts

AllHailEli
01-03-2013, 10:11 AM

I heard the Jets is looking for a franchise QB and would like to win a Super Bowl or two.

EliDaMANning
01-03-2013, 10:15 AM
U think its possible that Peyton is just better than Eli . A lot of posters on this board seem to have the belief that Eli gets a play given to him and he runs it but that couldnt be further from the truth. They say the Giants offense is unimaginative yet the play can develop in a variety of ways depending on how the defense is aligned. I bet to u the Redskins offense is more imaginative yet its based on very simple conceptsEli had some time in the playoffs last year and the beginning of this year. Peyton gets protection up front throughout his career and only won one SB. Brady same thing and hasn't won in almost a decade. These guys get exposed with a pass rush. I can gaurantee these 2 guys would not have made it through the 49er game without a handful of picks.

Brady with no time got demolished by the Ravens in 09 or 10. I saw that game, it was like watching David Carr in his early years. Lost and confused. Then when you see Eli vs. the 49ers, same situation, no protection and still won the game.

giantsfan420
01-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Eli had some time in the playoffs last year and the beginning of this year. Peyton gets protection up front throughout his career and only won one SB. Brady same thing and hasn't won in almost a decade. These guys get exposed with a pass rush. I can gaurantee these 2 guys would not have made it through the 49er game without a handful of picks.

Brady with no time got demolished by the Ravens in 09 or 10. I saw that game, it was like watching David Carr in his early years. Lost and confused. Then when you see Eli vs. the 49ers, same situation, no protection and still won the game.while i def. think its fair to say eli performs better under pressure, those two perform better in clean pockets. thats not to say eli isnt amazing with a clean pocket, its just brady and peyton r the best in the biz from that aspect

Flip Empty
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Inb4 15 pages.

Hooligans
01-03-2013, 10:39 AM

Eli is nowhere as good as Peyton.....turning "Eli Loose", would ensure a terrible season and a top 10 draft choice in 2014.

bashful
01-03-2013, 11:38 AM

As for TC or Gilrbride being conservative - dead wrong. Their offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep route. Unlike the west coast offense they are looking for the deep ball often. Now you may not like the lack of trick plays but the theory is those plays are for lesser teams who cannot beat you straight up or for personnel reason (see the jets for former and niners for latter).

No one said the plays were bad, it is the play calling. There is a difference.

dave56dj
01-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Well you called him unimaginative and said he is conservative which is far from true.

Did you ever think Eli had a down year compared to 11 because he was missing his number one weapon in Hakeem Nicks?

My point is gilbride who runs Coughlins offense is far from conservative. Hell the offesne predicates itself on the deep ball and intermediate route. They don't run trick plays cause they can beat you straight up and dont have the hybrid qb for some of them, and also TOP TEN offenses dont need many tricks to beat you. The stats dont lie - he has done a fine job.

Medisleman
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
WTF is this thread?

mike kennedy
01-03-2013, 07:18 PM

It will never happen with T.C.'s left hand man, Gilbrilliant on the sidelines. This is weird for a coach who believes in Eli but will not give him free reign.