PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Steve Smith last two years (including one season coming off freaking microfracture surgery): 255 yards

Ramses Barden last two years: 314 yards

His upside is higher than Barden's IMO, and he will probably be just as cheap.
Steve Smith can't play. And he certainly can't play ST's.
Get over this thing with Steve Smith. It's ridiculous.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Barden is not a slot WR. Barden is a ST player and a 5th or 6th WR.
Unless Steve Smith can play ST, he's not even a good replacement for Barden.He offers more upside as a WR. Like I said, Barden's a terrible STs player anyway.

Sean Montemayor
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
$8 -$10 mil. to salsa every year. Only in America. Lol. Love it.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Steve Smith can't play. And he certainly can't play ST's.
Get over this thing with Steve Smith. It's ridiculous.I'm sure Smith could just as easily get lit up on almost every STs play. I know you value that in Barden, but it's not that impressive.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
We started a debate about Steve Smith, I gave my opinion that he was a better option than Barden and you were the only one who missed that key point, what is reading the title gonna do when we're discussing Steve Smith.

Again, you're the only one who had no clue of what I was so clearly saying.
I understood when you say Barden, that you actually meant BARDEN.
I was talking about Victor Cruz and you actually thought I was saying that Ramses Barden is a great receiver and one of the top 2 or 3 slot WR's in the NFL.
Now who has no clue in this scenario?

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
No way. I understood when you say Barden, that you actually meant BARDEN.WTF does that even mean? You just went as far as too say a couple posts ago:

What the hell!!! Who was ever talking about Barden?

You're clueless dude.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't see how you're not getting it, I'd rather take a flier on Smith who has excelled in Gilbride's system, which is almost as much mental as it is physical -- than resign Barden, who has proven he has no skills.

You don't let a great WR go in order to take a flier on a guy who had microfracture surgery and essentially hasn't produced a thing in 3 years.

Clueless.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
We have a great slot WR already. His name is Victor Cruz.
And you guys gotta let go of Steve Smith. First of all you can't go back. Secondly he can't play anymore.

I'm just saying, I don't think his knee is holding him back, and he is a proven stud in our offensive scheme. I'd rather have him than Barden.

Here's where I acknowledge Victor Cruz is better and FURTHER reiterate my point.

Clueless.

Just stop, do yourself a favor, and just.stop.now.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:57 PM
I was talking about Victor Cruz and you actually thought I was saying that Ramses Barden is a great receiver and one of the top 2 or 3 slot WR's in the NFL.
Now who has no clue in this scenario?Is Enigma clueless, too? You're the only one who thinks you're right, you realize that, right?

giants8493
01-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Dwayne Bowe is better then Steve Smith and Barden. We should try to sign him.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Dwayne Bowe is better then Steve Smith and Barden. We should try to sign him.Cue Morehead: "How do you figure Bowe is better than Cruz?!?!?!?!!!"

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Cue Morehead: "How do you figure Bowe is better than Cruz?!?!?!?!!!" I never said anything about Cruz.!!! I don't know though Bowe is good. I hope he leaves the Chiefs because I want to see what he can do with a real QB!!!

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:03 AM
I never said anything about Cruz.!!! I don't know though Bowe is good. I hope he leaves the Chiefs because I want to see what he can do with a real QB!!!STOP SAYING BOWE IS BETTER THAN CRUZ

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:08 AM
STOP SAYING BOWE IS BETTER THAN CRUZIm not sure if your crazy, im crazy, or im hallucinating. I don't think one is better then the other. I don't want the two to conflict. I want Both. And nicks. I know i am very greedy but for we can get Bowe for like a 2 year 3mil contract I will be happy.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Im not sure if your crazy, im crazy, or im hallucinating. I don't think one is better then the other. I don't want the two to conflict. I want Both. And nicks. I know i am very greedy but for we can get Bowe for like a 2 year 3mil contract I will be happy.You're crazy for saying you'd rather trade Cruz to the Jets and sign Bowe.

Sean Montemayor
01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
No trade Cruz. Jets go down in flames without him. HaHaHa.

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:14 AM
You're crazy for saying you'd rather trade Cruz to the Jets and sign Bowe.I am not for that. BUT. If we get Bowe for 3 mil a year for 5 years. And multiple firsts from the jets. I would not be opposed. They will be very high picks. Jets Suck

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:16 AM
I am not for that. BUT. If we get Bowe for 3 mil a year for 5 years. And multiple firsts from the jets. I would not be opposed. They will be very high picks. Jets SuckYou'd trade him to the Jets for a freaking third round pick? Wow......

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
You'd trade him to the Jets for a freaking third round pick? Wow......nonononononono 1sts!!!!!!! READ BETTER

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:19 AM
nonononononono 1sts!!!!!!! READ BETTERYou must be clueless...

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
You must be clueless...Your the clueless one dude. You kept on saying things that I wasnt and its getting almost frustrating at this point. Like dealing with someone not speaking English.

Sean Montemayor
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Still going at it.

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Still going at it. hold my ****

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Your the clueless one dude. You kept on saying things that I wasnt and its getting almost frustrating at this point. Like dealing with someone not speaking English.Agreed, you're right.

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Agreed, you're right.are you trying to tell me you get it all of a sudden?

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:28 AM
And that wraps up my Morehead impersonation. Giants8493, you were great, thank you.

giants8493
01-07-2013, 12:33 AM
And that wraps up my Morehead impersonation. Giants8493, you were great, thank you.Hahaha I know I know. Im the best.

AntB
01-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Buy low and Sell high.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:40 AM
lets just throw this situation out there; cruz signs elsewhere, but we gain a 1rst and a 3rd draft pick, and have more room in the cap to get a top notch RT or G/C...then how does everyone feel? from a completely economical stand point, seeing as we got a SB already, and got the production we did for around 1 mil both years (lmao how JR pulled that off is beyond me, talk about lucking out on an UDFA rookie). You sell him high, ie the 1rst and 3rd round pcks, then use one of those spots to address his loss. then u have an additional quality pick and the money u would have spent on him, can now be used on a FA...

its not an easy decision. im with the majority here in wanting him back. but the other scenario isnt exactly terrible.

I don't see letting him go in the hopes that someone we haven't yet identified and who may have never taken a snap in the NFL is going to help us more than Cruz can. Anything is possible, but I hope we put more thought into the negotiations than "what can we get for him."

Flip Empty
01-07-2013, 07:21 AM
The window for another title is still open, so I'd rather keep Cruz.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 07:59 AM

+1

I understand the money many of these players get is obscene but that's not the players' fault. If we didn't exist to buy their jerseys, pay PSL's and annual season tickets, etc., there would be no football. I hope they can come to an agreement with Cruz. It will be too much money no matter what it is but the real question is can he help us get into the playoffs. I think he can.

They are going to spend their CAP as they always do. Better on someone who has proven he can get the job done.

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Don't know how much he is really worth, but as far as Nicks goes, he has never stayed healthy for an entire season. What if Randle is the next Nicks? Don't think they are done with JJ. They may even draft another WR.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Clueless.
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT VICTOR CRUZ!!!

Do you actually believe I would refer to our 5th or 6th WR as a great player?

You must be friggin crazy. Barden has done less than Steve Smith for God's sake and he doesn't have a horrible injury to use as an excuse.

gumby74
01-07-2013, 08:54 AM
I don't see letting him go in the hopes that someone we haven't yet identified and who may have never taken a snap in the NFL is going to help us more than Cruz can. Anything is possible, but I hope we put more thought into the negotiations than "what can we get for him."

Actually, the question is "who's the better value"? You have the draft, 8 -10 million saved, an extra 1st and a 3rd. If i had a choice between Cruz and a good Oline, I'd take a good oline any day of the week and take my chances with Nicks, Hixon, Randle. It's all a risk though. But isn't that what football is? All one big calculated risk.

But Cruz isn't going anywhere. If we put a 1st round tender on him, i doubt teams will touch him.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Actually, the question is "who's the better value"? You have the draft, 8 -10 million saved, an extra 1st and a 3rd. If i had a choice between Cruz and a good Oline, I'd take a good oline any day of the week and take my chances with Nicks, Hixon, Randle. It's all a risk though. But isn't that what football is? All one big calculated risk.

But Cruz isn't going anywhere. If we put a 1st round tender on him, i doubt teams will touch him.
But a draft choice doesn't guarantee a good player. And a draft choice certainly doesn't guarantee a good offensive line.
Draft choices are prospects. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Victor Cruz may not have been drafted, but he has become a player who is worthy of a first round standing. He's actually done it on the field in the NFL and is still a young player.
I would not make the trade off of a known (and outstanding) quantity for an unknown pick in this case.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM

I know it's hard to understand, but the $8 - 10 MM figure was an uneducated guess made by the author of the article that started this thread. We have absolutely no idea what Cruz is asking for. We can sign Cruz and take care of the lines as well.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I hope that fool doesn't want too much money. He did things on his own and Nicks was a big reason why he did very well. Nicks when healthy is a number one receiver.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
I hope that fool doesn't want too much money. He did things on his own and Nicks was a big reason why he did very well. Nicks when healthy is a number one receiver.
What's with the attitude?

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM

Why is Cruz a "fool"?

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
What's with the attitude?I suppose to act this way. What is your problem little boy?

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I suppose to act this way. What is your problem little boy?
Well referring to Victor Cruz as a "fool" isn't the act of a real Giants fan......Sorry.
Its actually offensive to real Giants fans.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Why is Cruz a "fool"?Not football related so i will leave it out. It is more like a religion thing.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Not football related so i will leave it out. It is more like a religion thing.
What the hell are you talking about?
A religion thing?

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Well referring to Victor Cruz as a "fool" isn't the act of a real Giants fan......Sorry.
Its actually offensive to real Giants fans.Get the hell out of here with your bull. He is only one player who works for the Giants. My comment supports the Giants. We have a salary cap you know?

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Get the hell out of here with your bull. He is only one player who works for the Giants. My comment supports the Giants. We have a salary cap you know?
Then why root for any team is its this dispassionate for you.
Victor Cruz is not only a great Giant, but he's a good guy as well.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Victor Cruz is not only a great Giant, but he's a good guy as well.Look go somwhere fool cause I remember the post you made about Eli.

Rudyy
01-07-2013, 11:36 AM
LOLOL wtf is going on...

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Look go somwhere fool cause I remember the post you made about Eli.
I would never refer to Eli as a "fool". Mostly because its not what he is. He's actually a lot like Cruz in that he's a guy with very high character.
He makes $20MM and "we have a cap you know." Wouldn't he be a "fool" in your little world?

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
LOLOL wtf is going on...
I'm going "all Morehead" on this guys ***.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Victor Cruz is not only a great Giant, but he's a good guy as well.Look fool and I will call you that cause you know nothing. Look at all these posts around you. The same thing you said to me should be said about other posters. How about the post about Tuck? Where were you to support him when a lot of posters were on him? There are many posts posters have made that have negativety for you to say "Then why root for any team is its this dispassionate for you."

Rudyy
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm going "all Morehead" on this guys ***.Dude just came out of nowhere..

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Look fool and I will call you that cause you know nothing. Look at all these posts around you. The same thing you said to me should be said about other posters. How about the post about Tuck? Where were you to support him when a lot of posters were on him? There are many posts posters have made that have negativety for you to say "Then why root for any team is its this dispassionate for you."
Criticism for our players is fine. I do plenty of it. Referring to one of our players as a "fool" where he's done NOTHING to deserve it is over the line.
Victor Cruz is a lot of things. A "fool" ain't one of them.

And you can call me whatever you want. Join the friggin club.

Mod_C
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Look go somwhere fool cause I remember the post you made about Eli.

Time to take a breath. This is a thread about Cruz. If you want to talk Eli, there are thousands of threads where you can do that.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Time to take a breath. This is a thread about Cruz. If you want to talk Eli, there are thousands of threads where you can do that.What are you talking about?

Mod_C
01-07-2013, 12:30 PM
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about you losing your composure. There's no need to tee off on other members because you don't agree with a position they take. What he may have said about Eli or Tuck or anyone else is old news and has nothing to do with this thread.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm talking about you losing your composure. There's no need to tee off on other members because you don't agree with a position they take. What he may have said about Eli or Tuck or anyone else is old news and has nothing to do with this thread.Still what are you talking about? You brought up my past about me saying we should use 9 wr sets when I didn't even make that statement. I didn't forget you about what you have said now you talking about me. I could see if the conversation was long but it wasn't.

Mod_C
01-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Still what are you talking about? You brought up my past about me saying we should use 9 wr sets when I didn't even make that statement. I didn't forget you about what you have said now you talking about me. I could see if the conversation was long but it wasn't.

I'm going to send you a PM

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm going to send you a PMNo need. I was wrong and you was right. I try my best to control my anger. You was right again.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT VICTOR CRUZ!!!Which is irrelevant when the premise of my argument was so clearly stated in my first rebuttal.

Do you actually believe I would refer to our 5th or 6th WR as a great player?I don't have to, you did right here***** You weren't aware of it because you carelessly read through my posts and made an *** of yourself by missing my central argument for why I want Smith back.

You must be friggin crazy. Barden has done less than Steve Smith for God's sake and he doesn't have a horrible injury to use as an excuse.Which, ladies and gentleman, has been WHAT I'VE BEEN ARGUING THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME.

I don't see how you're not getting it, I'd rather take a flier on Smith who has excelled in Gilbride's system, which is almost as much mental as it is physical -- than resign Barden, who has proven he has no skills.
You don't let a great WR go in order to take a flier on a guy who had microfracture surgery and essentially hasn't produced a thing in 3 years.*****

Learn how to read and process.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM
No need. I was wrong and you was right. I try my best to control my anger. You was right again.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rCO4EORV_sM/T2IMQsrijfI/AAAAAAAAECg/DxeODlCRITM/s1600/brainwash1.jpg

I see what you did there.

Ruttiger711
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
So speaking of Steve Smith - did he get hurt again? I see he didn't play the last 3 games for the Rams.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Which is irrelevant when the premise of my argument was so clearly stated in my first rebuttal.

I don't have to, you did right here***** You weren't aware of it because you carelessly read through my posts and made an *** of yourself by missing my central argument for why I want Smith back.

Which, ladies and gentleman, has been WHAT I'VE BEEN ARGUING THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME.

Learn how to read and process.

You were the only one. Everyone else was talking about Victor Cruz. You agreed with 420 when he brought up Steve Smith as a replacement fort Cruz. Then you went off on your Barden tangent which I ignored because it was irrelevant to this discussion.
Again...This thread is about Victor Cruz.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
You agreed with 420 when he brought up Steve Smith as a replacement fort Cruz. Where? Find me that post, that you probably misread as well.

I've been clear the whole time; I'd take Smith back over Barden. My first rebuttal to you, right here:
I'm just saying, I don't think his knee is holding him back, and he is a proven stud in our offensive scheme. I'd rather have him than Barden., said that -- clearly. It only appears as a tangent because it took nearly ten posts before you realized that you were missing the whole point of the debate.

And again, thread title is irrelevant to what I've been arguing the whole time. I don't know why you keep going back to that, we started a sub-topic. Smith vs. Barden, that's what I've argued from the beginning. Not Cruz vs. Smith then, now, or ever.

Now please, ignore everything I'm saying once again, point to the thread title like it's helping your argument, and keep making an *** of yourself.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Then you went off on your Barden tangent which I ignored because it was irrelevant to this discussion.
The Barden tangent was the only thing I was arguing. You could have saved yourself the embarr***ment and just ignored my posts entirely.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
This thread just gets progressively ****tier as it goes on

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
The Barden tangent was the only thing I was arguing. You could have saved yourself the embarr***ment and just ignored my posts entirely.
Posts 465 thru 467. I responded to the notion that Cruz could be replaced by Smith and them you chimed in that Smith was a prototypical slot guy.

And who gives a ****? You are the only one talking about Barden. He is irrelevant to this thread.
Is it your view that Steve Smith could be a replacement for Cruz as primarily a slot WR?
You seemed to indicate that he would be.

rebelfan1966
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, very proud to have Cruz on our team.... but he did drop too many passes this season for my liking.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Don't get me wrong, very proud to have Cruz on our team.... but he did drop too many passes this season for my liking.

He needs to focus

G-MENBK
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
He needs to focus

And less of Campbell's Chunky Soup.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
But he was still an outstanding weapon for us.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Posts 465 thru 467. I responded to the notion that Cruz could be replaced by Smith and them you chimed in that Smith was a prototypical slot guy.Which means just that, he is a prototypical slot guy in our system. AND to clarify, in my next post, I went as far as to say that I'd take him back over Barden. I agree with you though, Barden should have been only subtly mentioned in this thread, and if you could read better, he would have been mentioned one time -- when I said I'd take him back over Barden.

And no, I wouldn't be wholly confident with Smith being our starting slot receiver next year, especially without him proving he can still be productive, which in Barden's role, he could have a few opportunities to do that and at the very least, prove himself to our coaches.

And if Barden is irrelevant to this thread, how is Steve Smith relevant? You managed to not ignore him, and give a **** about him by going out of your way to quote 420.

G-MENBK
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
But he was still an outstanding weapon for us.

He played better than everyone else on offense. However, with his drops, I wouldn't call his play this season "outstanding."

gumby74
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
But a draft choice doesn't guarantee a good player. And a draft choice certainly doesn't guarantee a good offensive line.
Draft choices are prospects. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Victor Cruz may not have been drafted, but he has become a player who is worthy of a first round standing. He's actually done it on the field in the NFL and is still a young player.
I would not make the trade off of a known (and outstanding) quantity for an unknown pick in this case.

True, but you're forgetting about the 8-10 million we could work with. Either way, is the sum of those 3 - a 1st a 3rd and 8-10 million greater than Victor Cruz? I honestly don't know. But I do know that 8-10 million makes me very nervous for a guy that's not super physical and won't be able to make those physical monster catches that a Sidney Rice, Johnson, Fitz, etc make. Cruz isn't the kind of guy that will "bail" a QB out.

gumby74
01-07-2013, 05:08 PM

This is really it also. We are in "win now" mode. Who knows how long Eli is going to last? If we weren't in win now mode, I'd let Cruz walk in a heartbeat.

kNicksGiants
01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
i think that's a little too much but you can't blame him when scrubs like desean jackson got 10 mil a year.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
And less of Campbell's Chunky Soup.

What has that got to do with how he plays?

gumby74
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
i think that's a little too much but you can't blame him when scrubs like desean jackson got 10 mil a year.

At least with Desean,you can say that he's opens it up for everyone else. Victor might, but not to the degree that Jackson does.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
You were the only one. Everyone else was talking about Victor Cruz. You agreed with 420 when he brought up Steve Smith as a replacement fort Cruz. Then you went off on your Barden tangent which I ignored because it was irrelevant to this discussion.
Again...This thread is about Victor Cruz.wtf? i just threw out a hypothetical. i never onced said he should be cruz's replacement. man u just create random, lame things...

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Where? Find me that post, that you probably misread as well.

I've been clear the whole time; I'd take Smith back over Barden. My first rebuttal to you, right here:, said that -- clearly. It only appears as a tangent because it took nearly ten posts before you realized that you were missing the whole point of the debate.

And again, thread title is irrelevant to what I've been arguing the whole time. I don't know why you keep going back to that, we started a sub-topic. Smith vs. Barden, that's what I've argued from the beginning. Not Cruz vs. Smith then, now, or ever.

Now please, ignore everything I'm saying once again, point to the thread title like it's helping your argument, and keep making an *** of yourself.lol. read the last page on the "giants like seattle defense" thread... he just creates random, illogical arguments, attributes them to people so he then can make fun of said illogical arguments?? who does that lmao

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Posts 465 thru 467. I responded to the notion that Cruz could be replaced by Smith and them you chimed in that Smith was a prototypical slot guy.

And who gives a ****? You are the only one talking about Barden. He is irrelevant to this thread.
Is it your view that Steve Smith could be a replacement for Cruz as primarily a slot WR?
You seemed to indicate that he would be.the contention/hypothetical i produced that gmen0820 responded to was, say we can resign ss12 for 2 yrs 2 mil, get a 1rst and a 3rd, and spend the money on cruz elsewhere in the hopes we get the end results of cruz, whether it be by 1 guy or an aggregate of guys...
gmen0820 was just saying hed likess12 back over barden regardless. i would too at this point.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
True, but you're forgetting about the 8-10 million we could work with. Either way, is the sum of those 3 - a 1st a 3rd and 8-10 million greater than Victor Cruz? I honestly don't know. But I do know that 8-10 million makes me very nervous for a guy that's not super physical and won't be able to make those physical monster catches that a Sidney Rice, Johnson, Fitz, etc make. Cruz isn't the kind of guy that will "bail" a QB out.i dunno. i see cruzs game being more sustainable then a lot of those guys people list. cruz doesnt depend on top end speed, or physicality or size. he depends on his route running, with his blend of quickness and agility, makes him almost uncoverable. hes not gonna suddenly lose that ability unless his leg falls off or something god forbid.
the same things ur saying bout cruz could easily been said about jerry rice too. he didnt have blazing speed, or size, or physicality...just a terrific blend of athletic attributes that made his route running pristene. cruz has got some of that...aint going away. which is why id resign him.

but i also felt ss12 would come back, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Sarcasman
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I know it's hard to understand, but the $8 - 10 MM figure was an uneducated guess made by the author of the article that started this thread. We have absolutely no idea what Cruz is asking for. We can sign Cruz and take care of the lines as well.

So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 12:38 AM
He needs to focusDONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God forbid he gets a 4 game ban for adderal...

giants8493
01-08-2013, 12:43 AM

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.

what's with all the hatin' on cruz,,you do realize that hakeem was hurt all season allowing oppossing D's to double him up and take him out of the game, we had no established 3rd recieving threat. The guy still had a 1000+ yard season. Bowe is also damaged, even at 3 million, and not the talent Cruz is when paired with a healthy Nicks. the guy earned it and it's time to pay the piper, something fair for both sides.

Flip Empty
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap?

giantsfan420
01-08-2013, 01:35 AM
I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap?he wouldnt. hes gonna get pierre garcon money, guarantee it.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 06:59 AM

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.

It's amazing how some of us only read the headline and are ready to do battle on that alone

gumby74
01-08-2013, 08:57 AM
i dunno. i see cruzs game being more sustainable then a lot of those guys people list. cruz doesnt depend on top end speed, or physicality or size. he depends on his route running, with his blend of quickness and agility, makes him almost uncoverable. hes not gonna suddenly lose that ability unless his leg falls off or something god forbid.
the same things ur saying bout cruz could easily been said about jerry rice too. he didnt have blazing speed, or size, or physicality...just a terrific blend of athletic attributes that made his route running pristene. cruz has got some of that...aint going away. which is why id resign him.

but i also felt ss12 would come back, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Jerry Rice would routinely go over the middle and was one of the toughest WRs around. You don't pay top dollar for good route runners. You pay top dollar for physical WRs that can do everything.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 09:59 AM
what's with all the hatin' on cruz,,you do realize that hakeem was hurt all season allowing oppossing D's to double him up and take him out of the game, we had no established 3rd recieving threat. The guy still had a 1000+ yard season. Bowe is also damaged, even at 3 million, and not the talent Cruz is when paired with a healthy Nicks. the guy earned it and it's time to pay the piper, something fair for both sides.Im not hating on Cruz. Im just saying I would not be opposed to Bowe at quarter price and an extra 1st round pick (espicially if it turns into the number 1 pick(Jadevon Clowney))

giants8493
01-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap? You just don't seem to get it. I have explained so many times.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 10:00 AM
he wouldnt. hes gonna get pierre garcon money, guarantee it.Then too rich for my blood. Bring Bowe to me ill talk him down.

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Then too rich for my blood. Bring Bowe to me ill talk him down.
Bowe is going to get a lot of attention and make a lot of money. Anyone who thinks he's making $3MM/year is crazy.
Give him a decent QB and he's a top flight WR.

And we aren't signing Dwayne Bowe. Not a chance in hell.

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap?

There is no chance that Bowe would even sign for twice that amount.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Bowe is going to get a lot of attention and make a lot of money. Anyone who thinks he's making $3MM/year is crazy.
Give him a decent QB and he's a top flight WR.

And we aren't signing Dwayne Bowe. Not a chance in hell. Are you calling me crazy?

ShakeandBake
01-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Are you calling me crazy?

Yes, aren't you the guy who said we could get Cruz AND Bowe for less than 5mil/yr total?

giants8493
01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes, aren't you the guy who said we could get Cruz AND Bowe for less than 5mil/yr total?its not likely but I have seen crazier things happen.

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Are you calling me crazy?
Plenty of teams who are in desperate need of WR's who will pay plenty for a guy like Bowe.
Ironically, we aren't one of them. We have one of the top WR corps in the NFL.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Plenty of teams who are in desperate need of WR's who will pay plenty for a guy like Bowe.
Ironically, we aren't one of them. We have one of the top WR corps in the NFL.

That's a good thing

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 12:54 PM
That's a good thing
Well you can see the logic of bringing Dwayne Bowe in here. I mean it makes perfect sense to pay him, pay Cruz, pay Nicks next year and then we can have half our cap consumed by WR's.

Personally...I think its brilliant.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Well you can see the logic of bringing Dwayne Bowe in here. I mean it makes perfect sense to pay him, pay Cruz, pay Nicks next year and then we can have half our cap consumed by WR's.

Personally...I think its brilliant.

But then we still don't have an Oline that will allow Eli to hit his targets. Ah, details not to worry about

giants8493
01-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Personally...I think its brilliant.FOOL
5 MILLION is not half our cap. You truly do not posses the ability comprehend what I am saying I see.....

giants8493
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
But then we still don't have an Oline that will allow Eli to hit his targets. Ah, details not to worry aboutThere will be plenty of money to go around in that plan.... So yes we will have an Oline.

Moke
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Bowe is going to be cheap? What kind of absurd idea is this. One of the best WRs in the game.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
There will be plenty of money to go around in that plan.... So yes we will have an Oline.

Fortunately, we don't need another WR for that kind of money

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 04:29 PM
FOOL
5 MILLION is not half our cap. You truly do not posses the ability comprehend what I am saying I see.....
You can't be this dumb..........right?

giants8493
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Fortunately, we don't need another WR for that kind of moneyWe don't NEED him but we we got him for 3 mil a year for 5 years, would you really not want to have him sign that deal. Forget Cruz we can get a 1st for him. Now if that pick turns into the number 1 overall we get Clowney. Bowe + Clowney > Cruz

Moke
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
You can't be this dumb..........right?

I think he skipped over some parts of your comment, like a lot of skipping... to the blank part.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
You can't be this dumb..........right? Your right maybe i'm confused. Explain to me how our wrs will take up half our cap then.

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I think he skipped over some parts of your comment, like a lot of skipping... to the blank part.
There really needs to be a Wonderlic for posters.

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Your right maybe i'm confused. Explain to me how our wrs will take up half our cap then.
I'm going to make it easy for you.......They don't.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm going to make it easy for you.......They don't.#mindblown

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
We don't NEED him but we we got him for 3 mil a year for 5 years, would you really not want to have him sign that deal. Forget Cruz we can get a 1st for him. Now if that pick turns into the number 1 overall we get Clowney. Bowe + Clowney > Cruz
I know I'm going to regret this but........
Why was it that you think Dwayne Bowe can be had for $3MM/yr? Because it seems to me if he's in the FA market he's getting $30 to $40 MM with probably $15 to $18MM guaranteed.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I know I'm going to regret this but........
Why was it that you think Dwayne Bowe can be had for $3MM/yr? Because it seems to me if he's in the FA market he's getting $30 to $40 MM with probably $15 to $18MM guaranteed.Hopefully this is the last time I have to explain this.
IF were were to sign Bowe for 3m a year , that is what it will have to take for me to be ok to let cruz go... because we would get a good wr for cheap and we will get draft picks for Cruz. Even better there is a chance that that pick can be a top pick so we can get Clowney, thus solving our cap, wr and de issue.

I do not think this is very likely to happen but if it does this will be great for us in the long run. I have seen crazier things happen.

rainierjef
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
There really needs to be a Wonderlic for posters.

I totally agree with this... not for the current discussion in this thread, but the multitude of threads over the past month.

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Hopefully this is the last time I have to explain this.
IF were were to sign Bowe for 3m a year , that is what it will have to take for me to be ok to let cruz go... because we would get a good wr for cheap and we will get draft picks for Cruz. Even better there is a chance that that pick can be a top pick so we can get Clowney, thus solving our cap, wr and de issue.

I do not think this is very likely to happen but if it does this will be great for us in the long run. I have seen crazier things happen.

Why not just say that if we were to get Calvin Johnson in a trade for a 7th round pick and Detroit agreed to pick up 90% of his remaining contract, that you would be ok with Cruz leaving???

giants8493
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Why not just say that if we were to get Calvin Johnson in a trade for a 7th round pick and Detroit agreed to pick up 90% of his remaining contract, that you would be ok with Cruz leaving???They wouldn't trade him for a 7th. But as long as it doesn't affect our cap then yeah I would obviously do that.

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
They wouldn't trade him for a 7th. But as long as it doesn't affect our cap then yeah I would obviously do that.
I am an optimist. And I'm generally a lover of all God's children. Therefore I'm just going to convince myself that you are having some reaction to a clash of multiple medications in order to explain your bizzarre posts.

Good luck with all of that.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 12:03 AM
I am an optimist. And I'm generally a lover of all God's children. Therefore I'm just going to convince myself that you are having some reaction to a clash of multiple medications in order to explain your bizzarre posts.

Good luck with all of that.I Am so confused that no one understands what im saying. Trading Calvin Johnson does not benefit the Lions in any way. 0 chance.
Free agency on the other hand has a lot more variables. Bowe could want to play in the greatest city in the world and 3 mil a year is still MORE than enough money for any one man.
Therfore there's a real chance. Small but real.

I do not see how bringing up this fact is so "bizzarre"
Why do I have to be on drugs to even bring it up?

giantsfan420
01-09-2013, 12:32 AM
dont mind them. they talk about how other people dont have class while insulting some one who clearly just doesnt know any better. i get what ur saying but i think u need to realize that theres no chance in hell bowe will be had for 3 mil a yr. u have a better chance at that contract lol. thats why some posters are acting as if ur the town idiot all of a sudden, bc they realize the impossibility of bowe signing a deal worth 3 mil a yr. IF that were possible, EVERY team would jump on that, no? yes, itd be a great situation if cruz were to somehow leave and we get picks, its just as likely as MS not insulting someone on here for one day...not gonna happen. it is impossible for all intents and purposes

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 05:04 AM
dont mind them. they talk about how other people dont have class while insulting some one who clearly just doesnt know any better. i get what ur saying but i think u need to realize that theres no chance in hell bowe will be had for 3 mil a yr. u have a better chance at that contract lol. thats why some posters are acting as if ur the town idiot all of a sudden, bc they realize the impossibility of bowe signing a deal worth 3 mil a yr. IF that were possible, EVERY team would jump on that, no? yes, itd be a great situation if cruz were to somehow leave and we get picks, its just as likely as MS not insulting someone on here for one day...not gonna happen. it is impossible for all intents and purposes
Hahahahha!!!!
You two get a room.

A padded one!

giants8493
01-09-2013, 08:47 AM
dont mind them. they talk about how other people dont have class while insulting some one who clearly just doesnt know any better. i get what ur saying but i think u need to realize that theres no chance in hell bowe will be had for 3 mil a yr. u have a better chance at that contract lol. thats why some posters are acting as if ur the town idiot all of a sudden, bc they realize the impossibility of bowe signing a deal worth 3 mil a yr. IF that were possible, EVERY team would jump on that, no? yes, itd be a great situation if cruz were to somehow leave and we get picks, its just as likely as MS not insulting someone on here for one day...not gonna happen. it is impossible for all intents and purposeswell if Bowe were to sign for 3 mil there would have to be a huge drawing factor for him to come to NY , thus not every team can jump in on it. Dramaticlly more likely then trading for Brady Peyton or Calvin Johnson 7ths..
There IS a chance in hell.
I don't think its going to happen either. God forbid I even bring it up tough.
Come on That would be awesome if that happened.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Hahahahha!!!!
You two get a room.

A padded one!Hold My ****

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 09:02 AM
well if Bowe were to sign for 3 mil there would have to be a huge drawing factor for him to come to NY , thus not every team can jump in on it. Dramaticlly more likely then trading for Brady Peyton or Calvin Johnson 7ths..
There IS a chance in hell.
I don't think its going to happen either. God forbid I even bring it up tough.
Come on That would be awesome if that happened.

To say there is no chance in hell actually overstates the chances.
It not in the realm of possibilities.

Move on to another nonsensical position please.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 09:21 AM
To say there is no chance in hell actually overstates the chances.
It not in the realm of possibilities.

Move on to another nonsensical position please. Thats just not true. It is in the realm of possibilities. More money more problems. He could be content with just 3 mil knowing more good players can now go around him. A lot of crazy can happen in free agency

TCHOF
01-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Thats just not true. It is in the realm of possibilities. More money more problems. He could be content with just 3 mil knowing more good players can now go around him. A lot of crazy can happen in free agency

Please stop it.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Thats just not true. It is in the realm of possibilities. More money more problems. He could be content with just 3 mil knowing more good players can now go around him. A lot of crazy can happen in free agency

Any statements made directly by him that would make you think this?

giants8493
01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Any statements made directly by him that would make you think this?Nope just stating the fact that it is possible.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Nope just stating the fact that it is possible.

What fact?

If "anything is possible" is a fact, can't you just make up anything you want?

giants8493
01-09-2013, 10:01 AM
What fact?

If "anything is possible" is a fact, can't you just make up anything you want? No? players have taken paycuts to play on good teams before. Thus, it is possible.
Not everything is possible I guess but that sure is. I a few reasons as to why already
If I was to suggest Calvin Johnson for a 7th with the lions picking up all his salary like someone else said, THAT would be absurd.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 10:09 AM
No? players have taken paycuts to play on good teams before. Thus, it is possible.
Not everything is possible I guess but that sure is. I a few reasons as to why already
If I was to suggest Calvin Johnson for a 7th with the lions picking up all his salary like someone else said, THAT would be absurd.

Do you think taking 1/2 to 1/3 less than what you could potentially earn is just a paycut? Bowe's probably going to look for the 6 to 9 mil range, 3 is NOT possible, its not a paycut.

If you can point to a case EVER where a player has gone to play for a good team for 1/2 or even a 1/3 of what they could have earned elsewhere ....maybe...

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
We don't NEED him but we we got him for 3 mil a year for 5 years, would you really not want to have him sign that deal. Forget Cruz we can get a 1st for him. Now if that pick turns into the number 1 overall we get Clowney. Bowe + Clowney > Cruz I prefer Cruz

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
What fact? If "anything is possible" is a fact, can't you just make up anything you want? Ah, sweet logic

Riverboat76
01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
We don't NEED him but we we got him for 3 mil a year for 5 years, would you really not want to have him sign that deal. Forget Cruz we can get a 1st for him. Now if that pick turns into the number 1 overall we get Clowney. Bowe + Clowney > Cruz

You're an idiot.

JayMas9
01-09-2013, 12:51 PM
We don't NEED him but we we got him for 3 mil a year for 5 years, would you really not want to have him sign that deal. Forget Cruz we can get a 1st for him. Now if that pick turns into the number 1 overall we get Clowney. Bowe + Clowney > CruzTurn off Madden.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM

I can't put my finger on it, but something makes Clowney stand out to me.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Do you think taking 1/2 to 1/3 less than what you could potentially earn is just a paycut? Bowe's probably going to look for the 6 to 9 mil range, 3 is NOT possible, its not a paycut.

If you can point to a case EVER where a player has gone to play for a good team for 1/2 or even a 1/3 of what they could have earned elsewhere ....maybe... More money more problems bro. 3M is more then enough

giants8493
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
You're an idiot.u mad bro?

Riverboat76
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
u mad bro?

Yes. I'm envious of you're impressive intellect.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes. I'm envious of you're impressive intellect.I figured as much. It takes a lot of frustration to insult someone that you have never even met. I pity you and you have my sympathy.

Harooni
01-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Listen up and listen good. Cruz will not take a modest wage to stay, the market dictates his worth and it says teams will offer him huge contracts and he is entering his prime and will go for what he can, and we can't blame him. Maybe then our FO will learn don't throw bloated inflated backended contracts on avg players.

ps- cruz might take less than what he really wants to but do not expect a huge difference.

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Listen up and listen good. Cruz will not take a modest wage to stay, the market dictates his worth and it says teams will offer him huge contracts and he is entering his prime and will go for what he can, and we can't blame him. Maybe then our FO will learn don't throw bloated inflated backended contracts on avg players.

ps- cruz might take less than what he really wants to but do not expect a huge difference.

No one is saying that we'll pay him a "modest wage".
But we will resign him with a nice contract that won't blow up our cap situation. As I said, something like 4 years, $25-28MM with $12 to $15MM guaranteed.
We still have a lot of leverage given his restricted FA status.

BeatYale
01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Productively playing out their initial contract is a huge blessing for these guys. They get to cash in on their success by securing as much money as possible in a league where contracts can be terminated prematurely. Fans usually leave that part out when they hint that a player should play for cheaper than market value to show loyalty to his team. If he had already played out a lucrative contract he'd be in a better position to play for less. All it takes is one bad hit or collision to end a career though. Heck, I thought this season Cruz was lucky enough to walk off the field with some of the crazy hits he took to his legs and that brutal hit in the end zone against the Steelers. I completely understand him wanting as much as he can get. He's earned it.

Harooni
01-09-2013, 02:07 PM
No one is saying that we'll pay him a "modest wage".
But we will resign him with a nice contract that won't blow up our cap situation. As I said, something like 4 years, $25-28MM with $12 to $15MM guaranteed.
We still have a lot of leverage given his restricted FA status.

maybe 5-6mill a season , i dont see 2-3 like some are thinking. back to back 1000 yard seasons , im willing to bet some teams would give up thier first round pick for him. sometimes its better to go with what you know then gamble on a rook.

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
maybe 5-6mill a season , i dont see 2-3 like some are thinking. back to back 1000 yard seasons , im willing to bet some teams would give up thier first round pick for him. sometimes its better to go with what you know then gamble on a rook.
As I said in my post, that's where I think it will end up.

However it turns out...he will be a Giant.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Even with the tag, Cruz could easily get a higher offer from a team willing to give up a 1st round pick for a proven winner. Reese is practical and wise, he will do what's right the the team, no more, no less. If Cruz gets/takes a better offer, I honestly hope it's within the Division.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Bowe would be too expensive probably...but wow, that would be awesome Thats what im saying man. Wow that would be awesome.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Even with the tag, Cruz could easily get a higher offer from a team willing to give up a 1st round pick for a proven winner. Reese is practical and wise, he will do what's right the the team, no more, no less. If Cruz gets/takes a better offer, I honestly hope it's within the Division.

Thats the second time Ive seen you say that.... if we lose Cruz you really want to be sure we eat **** for it eh? :)

Riverboat76
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM
I figured as much. It takes a lot of frustration to insult someone that you have never even met. I pity you and you have my sympathy.

Thanks. And you're still an idiot.

Riverboat76
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
And while were at it, lets trade Eli, Barden & Jernigen for Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson. Trade our 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks this year to the Raiders for next year's #1 pick so we can draft Clowney. Sign Bowe for the league minimum and use a time machine to bring 1986 Lawrence Taylor to the future. Seriously, some of the stuff I'm reading here is like stuff I hear on WFAN when fans call in to discuss some of their potential trade scenarios. HOW DOES THIS ONE SOUND MIKE: MARK SANCHEZ AND A 5TH ROUNDER FOR ANDREW LUCK?

giants8493
01-09-2013, 03:33 PM
And while were at it, lets trade Eli, Barden & Jernigen for Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson. Trade our 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks this year to the Raiders for next year's #1 pick so we can draft Clowney. Sign Bowe for the league minimum and use a time machine to bring 1986 Lawrence Taylor to the future. Seriously, some of the stuff I'm reading here is like stuff I hear on WFAN when fans call in to discuss some of their potential trade scenarios. HOW DOES THIS ONE SOUND MIKE: MARK SANCHEZ AND A 5TH ROUNDER FOR ANDREW LUCK?I think your confusing free agency and trading. I know it is very complicated to the uneducated or casual fan. Its ok that you don't get it. But I have explained this far to many times...
Go ahead let it all out though. You will feel a lot better.

Riverboat76
01-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I think your confusing free agency and trading. I know it is very complicated to the uneducated or casual fan. Its ok that you don't get it. But I have explained this far to many times...
Go ahead let it all out though. You will feel a lot better.

I'd swear you were trolling, but trolls are usually a lot more clever.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I'd swear you were trolling, but trolls are usually a lot more clever.Now tell me how you really feel.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Thats the second time Ive seen you say that.... if we lose Cruz you really want to be sure we eat **** for it eh? :)

I do indeed as that would be a bad decision ASSUMING he's not asking for the world.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I do indeed as that would be a bad decision ASSUMING he's not asking for the world.

Agreed - but I would prefer saying "I told you so" to his highlights on an AFC team.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Agreed - but I would prefer saying "I told you so" to his highlights on an AFC team.

A stick in the eye is way better lol