PDA

View Full Version : Ok ok ok ..... after all these arguments about resigning players, who would you keep?

flashnando
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Cruz or Nicks?

I would prefer Cruz over Nicks, simply based on the fact that Nicks can't stay healthy and his issues are always on his lower body. Leg, knee and ankle, doesn't seem like its something he can fix and move on from. Cruz is fast, young, explosive and the Giants can bring in someone to replace Nicks and that replacement would be successful just because Cruz is a threat as the #2 or slot Receiver.

Thoughts and opinions?

Flip Empty
01-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Cruz is actually older than Nicks.

It's hard to pick between the two. If you could guarantee that Nicks' health issues would be a thing of the past, then he'd be my choice - easy.

ALLnygIN
01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Nicks when healthy easily surpasses cruz in the skill catagory all across the board. The thing is can he stay healthy? and how bad did playing the whole year hurt impact his body? Hopefully, he'll be himself the start of next season. Having Nicks when he is healthy is invaluable.

Kruunch
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Cruz.

He doesn't get hurt.

flashnando
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I agree but Nicks, again, Can't stay healthy and like you said the coaching staff put him on the field hurt. That is not good for any player, unless its a small ankle injury or small pain here and there. But Nicks seemed to have worst injuries then a simple ankle injury and hopefully they didn't get worst because of the fact he tried to play thru them.

flashnando
01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Cruz is actually older than Nicks.

It's hard to pick between the two. If you could guarantee that Nicks' health issues would be a thing of the past, then he'd be my choice - easy.

Didn't realize that actually, but what i meant was that Cruz is still young, didn't mean he was younger the Nicks.

CDN_G-FAN
01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
based on the facts in front of us: Cruz.

if we lived in fantasy land where players never got hurt: Nicks.

TCHOF
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Cruz.

He doesn't get hurt.

He has been in the leaue for three seasons and missed one full season.

ebick
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM

ummmmmm.....not sure how accurate that is.....at least in terms of injury. In his rookie season, he was often not active on game day, because that's the way it was; Tom Coughlin, rookies, etc.... He then got a hammy at some point. A bit later, if memory serves, the Giants needed a roster spot and IR'd him for the hammy. Don't think it was truly an injury issue. And, it was a decision that bit them late in the season (a bit like the RB situation re: Scott) later in the year as they go thin at WR.

GiantLegend
01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.

CDN_G-FAN
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.

2013 may be the year that tells us what Nicks is now. 2011 playoff Nicks, or 2012 regular season Nicks.

Toadofsteel
01-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Largely depends on how Randle pans out. He's looked pretty good towards the end of the season. If he progresses the way he has we can afford to let Nicks go. Otherwise, no.

Everyone thought we were sunk forever when we lost Plax...

CDN_G-FAN
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Largely depends on how Randle pans out. He's looked pretty good towards the end of the season. If he progresses the way he has we can afford to let Nicks go. Otherwise, no.

+1

and we would suck forever when we lost smith and boss in the same year (i thought this).

Kruunch
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM

He missed less than a half of a season when the Giants put him on IR for a tweaked hammy. Giants did it for a roster spot.

Cruz said he could have played the following week no problem. Considering his injury history since then (including some of the knocks he's taken over the middle) I tend to believe him.

Kruunch
01-03-2013, 02:10 PM

Turns out we were just sunk for the rest of 2008 and 2009 seasons.

flashnando
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
+1

and we would suck forever when we lost smith and boss in the same year (i thought this).

Still think Boss was a big loss

Carter.525
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
If only one.. Cruz

giantsfan420
01-03-2013, 03:01 PM
just to throw this out there, in the SB, BB schemed to double both nicks n cruz in hopes of eliminating them from being effective. Cruz had, what, 3 receptions? Nicks had 11 for a buck 20 iirc....

gmen0820
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
We should just tender Cruz, and if someone really wants him, lets take their first and if no one wants him, it's guaranteed 2.8 million.

gmen0820
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
I'd rather have Nicks long term, assuming his health shows no lingering effects. Cruz can produce without him, but I think he fails to open up the offense for others as much as Nicks can. That's essentially how Cruz was brought along in the first place.

nhpgiantsfan
01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Nicks everyday and twice on Sunday..

ashleymarie
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM

This is what I was thinking. Eli has so much faith in Nicks. Who did Eli throw the hail mary pass to? Nicks because he knew with Nicks height no one else would get it but Nicks or Nicks would knock it away. Nicks is a baller. I pray he can stay healthy.

ALLnygIN
01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Nicks is a top 5 reciever in the NFL hands down if he's playing 100%

TCHOF
01-03-2013, 06:20 PM
We should just tender Cruz, and if someone really wants him, lets take their first and if no one wants him, it's guaranteed 2.8 million.

Yes. The team that gets him will have to give up the picks AND pay him, which teams will be very reluctant to do (see Mike Wallace).

giants8493
01-03-2013, 06:22 PM
This is what I was thinking. Eli has so much faith in Nicks. Who did Eli throw the hail mary pass to? Nicks because he knew with Nicks height no one else would get it but Nicks or Nicks would knock it away. Nicks is a baller. I pray he can stay healthy.Nicks isnt that tall. Im about 6 1 and I was taller then him

gmen0820
01-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes. The team that gets him will have to give up the picks AND pay him, which teams will be very reluctant to do (see Mike Wallace).Cruz is better, but I see your point.

brad
01-03-2013, 07:09 PM
If Cruz is really looking to get 8-10 Mil a year, I would have to go with Nicks. There are too many other needs on the team to put that much into one player when they already have Nicks, Randle and Hixon.Don't take me wrong, I like Cruz and would love to see him back, but not at the expense of having to go cheap on other positions.

Drez
01-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Cruz.

He doesn't get hurt.Except for that hammy that put him on IR his rookie season.

giants8493
01-03-2013, 07:29 PM
deciding who is better between these two, in my opinion, is if you factor their injury history into the decision. Based on talent alone I say Nicks is better but since Nicks gets hurt more I can see how people think Cruz is the one you want to keep.