PDA

View Full Version : ELI CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING....

eml
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
We know Eli is a man of few words but can he say more than;We Just Have To Play Better. WE KNOW THAT. Maybe he can throw in a couple of specifics on why, how, where, when. How about a what stopped our production in the red zone, how did defenses stop our big play offensive what can he attribute his TD shut downs in 3 games. He doesn't have to give away the playbook.Yes we also know that in a loss the other team did play better or we made more mistakes than they did. Can you throw in a how it's going to get better
He did say he missed Nicks as his deep threat target. That's understandable but when Brady lost Moss, for some games, he consistently found others Now without Moss he's beating people with TEs. Also, brother Peyton will diagnose, in press conferences, the basics, (certainly not the specifics), of why certain things worked or didn't
Honestly, if I want to read some good insights as to why how where and when I check this message board and we're the amateurs. Anyone else notice this or am I just still venting. By the way, its been a couple of days now do you think TC has had his meetings and is going to let us know the reasons for our collapse.

Marvelousmik
01-03-2013, 03:03 PM
if he did that then the media and fans would have ammo. You're not suppose to keep it real in front of the media. what eli did was smart. When you speak your mind like cam newton does, bad things happen.

ny06
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Funny thing about Peyton (great for reporters) is when talking about a play during the game he will go into detail about that play and what he saw from the defense.
For example, Peyton can talk about a simple button hook play and speak about it for 10 minutes.

Manning
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM
People love me when I keep my composure and then people hate me when I keep my composure. I think my press conferences have been fine.

NYGisBallin
01-03-2013, 03:09 PM
When talking about the media please understand that they will take the most insignificant thing you say and turn it into a "Story".. Eli and the rest of the NYG do a great job handling and talking to the media IMO.

Moke
01-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah for real.... it kind of gets annoying when he says this. Thanks Captain Obvious. Happy birthday by the way, but next time you have to play better.

Cloud57
01-03-2013, 03:12 PM
You know who else says "We Just Have To Play Better"? Mark Sanchez lol

Manning
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah for real.... it kind of gets annoying when he says this. Thanks Captain Obvious. Happy birthday by the way, but next time you have to play better.

Thanks for the birthday wishes even with the insult. Throwing people under the bus would be much worse than being "Captain Obvious."

Moke
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes even with the insult. Throwing people under the bus would be much worse than being "Captain Obvious."

True, but you can do both and talk about what really matters?

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
True, but you can do both and talk about what really matters?Saying we need to play better doesn't really matter?

Morehead State
01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
People love me when I keep my composure and then people hate me when I keep my composure. I think my press conferences have been fine.
You suck!

Moke
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Saying we need to play better doesn't really matter?

Not when you say it over and over again. Do it, don't say it.

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Not when you say it over and over again. Do it, don't say it. Okay so..what exactly should he say? Because he does have to address the media lol.

Moke
01-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Okay so..what exactly should he say? Because he does have to address the media lol.

Ummmmmmmmmm, depends what the question is. What was the question? The media is stupid so I can imagine it's idiotic.

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm, depends what the question is. What was the question? The media is stupid so I can imagine it's idiotic.They basically just ask him what happened and he usually says we're not making plays, I didnt play well. Sometimes they ask specific questions and he will go into more detail. Otherwise, Eli is not gojng to just stand there and dissect every little route and miscommunication to the media.

Moke
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM
They basically just ask him what happened and he usually says we're not making plays, I didnt play well. Sometimes they ask specific questions and he will go into more detail. Otherwise, Eli is not gojng to just stand there and dissect every little route and miscommunication to the media.

"we need to play better" is a dumb answer to the question.

ShakeandBake
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM

You need to be less concerned with your press conferences so you can spend more time in the gym

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
"we need to play better" is a dumb answer to the question.What would you suggest he say then? They DO infact need to play better.

Moke
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
What would you suggest he say then? They DO infact need to play better.

Maybe reasons? You can say how they can play better without throwing anyone under the bus

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Maybe reasons? You can say how they can play better without throwing anyone under the busHe does provide reasons sometimes.

Moke
01-03-2013, 04:37 PM
He does provide reasons sometimes.

I don't watch them. Fair enough

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't watch them. Fair enough What a wasted conversation then. You suck, Moke.

Moke
01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
What a wasted conversation then. You suck, Moke.

I was curious of what he was saying wrong

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I was curious of what he was saying wrongWhat?

dezzzR
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I think he says " Oh well ya know....." a lot.

CDN_G-FAN
01-03-2013, 04:58 PM
personally, i want our QB to say the least possible to the press.

there's absolutely no upside to him going into details of what he actually thinks is wrong.

Rudyy
01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
personally, i want our QB to say the least possible to the press.there's absolutely no upside to him going into details of what he actually thinks is wrong.+1

gmen0820
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
personally, i want our team to say the least possible to the press.

there's absolutely no upside to him going into details of what he actually thinks is wrong.Agreed.

DVision
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Funny thing about Peyton (great for reporters) is when talking about a play during the game he will go into detail about that play and what he saw from the defense.
For example, Peyton can talk about a simple button hook play and speak about it for 10 minutes.

Eli can't even escape comparisons to his brother when it comes media relations! Wow! Cut him! He's not as Elite as his brother when it comes to addressing the media! smh

CDN_G-FAN
01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Agreed.

excellent correction.

YATittle1962
01-03-2013, 05:37 PM
rule number one

give the media generic answers so they have nothing to twist around and make a scoop out of and get them away from your locker

period

flashnando
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Eli what do you feel you can do better next season to improve as a player and as a team?

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
rule number one

give the media generic answers so they have nothing to twist around and make a scoop out of and get them away from your locker

period

thank you YA,,,now will everyone pleae leave mr. manning alone already,,,season is over,,time to think about the draft, off season moves, and how they get this thing right.

CGYgiant
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
rule number one

period

But there are so many offensive coordinators on these boards YA? Eli knows this, that why he doesn't get into specifics. People on these boards should already know.

Laurah1275
01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
I think it's a waste of time to even interview the players when you know they are just gonna say the same 3 things over and over again. I get the reasons, but still, it's stupid. Would be more fun if everyone just said what they really feel.

Who's the guy they were showing on NFL in an old interview, when they asked him about the playoffs, he said "Playoffs?!?!...Are you kidding me?!?!...Playofffs?!?!...I'm hoping we can just win a game!"

We need more of that.

ShakeandBake
01-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I think it's a waste of time to even interview the players when you know they are just gonna say the same 3 things over and over again. I get the reasons, but still, it's stupid. Would be more fun if everyone just said what they really feel.

Who's the guy they were showing on NFL in an old interview, when they asked him about the playoffs, he said "Playoffs?!?!...Are you kidding me?!?!...Playofffs?!?!...I'm hoping we can just win a game!"

We need more of that.

Yup this is why I always skip Eli's postgame interviews, you always know what he is going to say, same old boring sleeper which is a good thing.

NYG 5
01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
" If you're just joining us, we have Eli Mahnninggg here on the fan. Eli, eeeuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh what was the problem you guys have had this year? it seems like the team will just come out looking great one week, then flat the next week, then great again, which is just ahstouunfing because I can't remember the last toim the Gshoiiants have just been so poh-lahrizing. its like every week we either see the best team in football show up on sunday, or euuuuuhhh a team that looks like one that hasn't even been in da league more than a month.

Ya know, when it comes down to it, i know I have to play better. Ya know... when I think back to some of the plays in the second quarter... ya know, I know I should have made some of those throws. Uhhh... when you think about what it takes to win those games, win championships, ya know you know you have to know whats going on the field, know your hot reads, and when you have Victor open, you, uh, make the play. Ya know and thats what it comes down to, i know I have to play better and uhh make those plays we, ya know we're not going down 14 to nothing or 21 to nothing. Ya know when I think about last year and the plays that we made to get to where we were, ya know I see in game film us not making the same plays. "

you mean like hearing that every week?