PDA

View Full Version : Jake Muasau

DownWitJPP
01-03-2013, 08:02 PM
According to his twitter Jake Muasau has been re-signed to the Giants. I like this signing, he was playing well during the pre-season and training camp. Might have a shot at MLB after the season Chase and Herz had

Jake Muasau ‏@jake_da_uce
I am officially a New York Giant!! #TEAMTURNUP4GOD

Jake Muasau @jake_da_uce
@markherzlich @spittyp @blackburn5793 yal couldn't stay away from me too long *evil laugh* lol #LBEAST
about 6 hours ago

Cloud57
01-03-2013, 08:02 PM
is he another project?

slipknottin
01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I really liked how he played in preseason. He runs quite well for a linebacker

moosedrool
01-03-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/clothes-giants-muasau-just-wants-a-uniform-1.3785750

I was reading the article above and had a good laugh after reading this:

"Linebackers coach Jim Herrmann went even further, saying Muasau will "have a legitimate chance to make the team." Not bad, considering the depth the Giants have at linebacker."

Depth? What depth?

jomo
01-03-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/clothes-giants-muasau-just-wants-a-uniform-1.3785750

I was reading the article above and had a good laugh after reading this:

"Linebackers coach Jim Herrmann went even further, saying Muasau will "have a legitimate chance to make the team." Not bad, considering the depth the Giants have at linebacker."

Depth? What depth?I'll trade depth for quality any day. Quality, what quality?? lol

Rat_bastich
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
I was high on this guy on the preseason. He would definitely fit as an athletic linebacker..kind of safety linebacker hybrid. Good for three safety sets.

TCHOF
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm telling you that Herzlich's roster spot for next year is in jeopardy. He was shockingly awful after all of the preseason hype.

NYGisBallin
01-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm telling you that Herzlich's roster spot for next year is in jeopardy. He was shockingly awful after all of the preseason hype.

the Pittsburgh game especially... yikes

TheAnalyst
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm telling you that Herzlich's roster spot for next year is in jeopardy. He was shockingly awful after all of the preseason hype.Not really going out on a limb there. He was terrible. He shouldnt of been there this year but we have no good MLB. Chase is ok and all, but he isn't a game changer by any means. Paysinger started playing more then Boley and Williams in the end, that says a lot.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Not really going out on a limb there. He was terrible. He shouldnt of been there this year but we have no good MLB. Chase is ok and all, but he isn't a game changer by any means. Paysinger started playing more then Boley and Williams in the end, that says a lot.Paysinger played pretty well this season. Still think Jwill can be a good player he just wasnt healthy

egyptian420
01-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Paysinger played pretty well this season. Still think Jwill can be a good player he just wasnt healthyI like JWill, he's the only LB on this team that I feel confident with going into next year.

TheAnalyst
01-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Now we need to get David Douglas back. I'm telling you if the Pats got a hold of that kid he would be another Welker, Woodhead, player.

DownWitJPP
01-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Paysinger played pretty well this season. Still think Jwill can be a good player he just wasnt healthy

agreed, I've been saying for a while now that i think Paysinger will surprise some people and that he has the most upside out of any of the young linebackers. I was also high on J. Will but he didnt show much at all this year

radar-ray
01-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Herzlich sucks. like J.Wiil 7 would like to see more of Paysinger.

slipknottin
01-04-2013, 12:53 AM
I've been saying Herzlich sucks since before the draft. About time others are seeing it. There was a reason he didn't get drafted and it wasent because of the risk of cancer coming back. It was because the cancer killed his physical ability.

primetime
01-04-2013, 12:54 AM
I've been saying Herzlich sucks since before the draft. About time others are seeing it. There was a reason he didn't get drafted and it wasent because of the risk of cancer coming back. It was because the cancer killed his physical ability.
It's a shame, he was a solid player before getting sick.

slipknottin
01-04-2013, 01:01 AM
It's a shame, he was a solid player before getting sick.

More than solid. Gifted athlete and football smart. He just can't move the way he once did and I don't see him improving like I was hoping he could. He is only slightly better now movement wise than he was at the senior bowl. The hope I believe was always that he would slowly regain the athleticism as his body recovered.

But as sad as his story is, he beat cancer, made it to the nfl, and won a Super Bowl. Not many dreams better than that

primetime
01-04-2013, 01:08 AM
More than solid. Gifted athlete and football smart. He just can't move the way he once did and I don't see him improving like I was hoping he could. He is only slightly better now movement wise than he was at the senior bowl. The hope I believe was always that he would slowly regain the athleticism as his body recovered.

But as sad as his story is, he beat cancer, made it to the nfl, and won a Super Bowl. Not many dreams better than that
I agree, and beating Cancer is an accomplishment on it's own; everything else is icing on the cake. Hard not to root for the kid, but it seems he's not able to get back to the player he once was.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-04-2013, 02:40 AM
I don't think Herzlich physical ability was in question. I thought he was fast and athletic enough. Perhaps needs to get stronger. I think his overpursuing and the fact he is not a middle linebacker are what hurt him most. He is a strong side linebacker who can stay with a tight end. But not a guy in the middle who has to plug a hole quickly or diagnose an offense.

TCHOF
01-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Agreed. I think that all of us were rooting for the kid. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen for him though

PBTimmons
01-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't refute anyone's opinion regarding Herzlich's bad play...but his problem is that he isn't consistently getting snaps on defense. Don't you guys remember how pitiful Goff looked when he took over for an injured Pierce? But he improved with more time in the defense.

My point is: Herzlich has the ability to become as good of a starter as Blackburn...but unfortunately that's just not good enough for us.

Herzlich=Blackburn 4 years ago

I like what I see from Paysinger and there's a chance he'll start next year. JWill just had the injury bug this year, hopefully he doesn't become the next Gerris Wilkinson.

TuckandRolle
01-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Herzlich is terrible. Much too small and soft, I will not be happy if he is our MLB next year.

JesseJames
01-04-2013, 11:35 AM
having LBers with talent is fine but they also have to be smart to go along with that talent, maybe if they were smarter they wouldn't be out of position or getting to the play 2 steps too late, smart and talented is what we need...