PDA

View Full Version : Just for the record in regards to Prince's play

sheepdip
01-04-2013, 07:56 AM
The guy played pretty darn good. I dont think a lot of you understand that he was 1 of our best players.

He was good against the run, he tackled well, layed a couple of decent hits. Held contain on the outside when run supporting (which most of our players dont know how to do)

I personally think he was a bright spot on such a bad defense. I know a lot of people give S Brown and Rolle credit but consistency my vote would go to Prince for a good year when he was healthy.

NYGisBallin
01-04-2013, 08:04 AM
He played like a first round pick should. Happy to see him stay relatively healthy most of the year. If he can stay on the field he can play. Good post, his play this year doesnt get talked about enough and it should.

Jahh
01-04-2013, 08:05 AM
I completely agree with this.

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
The guy played pretty darn good. I dont think a lot of you understand that he was 1 of our best players.

He was good against the run, he tackled well, layed a couple of decent hits. Held contain on the outside when run supporting (which most of our players dont know how to do)

I personally think he was a bright spot on such a bad defense. I know a lot of people give S Brown and Rolle credit but consistency my vote would go to Prince for a good year when he was healthy.

Have you seen any threads knocking Prince?

Kruunch
01-04-2013, 08:07 AM
He played adequetly. Kind of hard to gauge is real strengths with teams picking on CWeb all year but that in itself says something.

He was definitely not one of the sore spots on the defense this year and to that effect I'm ecstatic with his progress.

However keep in mind that most times we rolled coverage his way leaving CWeb out on an island. Any CB is going to look great when he has over the top help 90%+ of the time.

PBTimmons
01-04-2013, 08:09 AM

Nope, but there are plenty about guys that aren't pulling their weight...so it never hurts to see one praising those who are.

+1 Prince.

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Nope, but there are plenty about guys that aren't pulling their weight...so it never hurts to see one praising those who are.

+1 Prince.

Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of good guy threads here and when we do they fade quickly. Very few posters are interested in good news.

We could use some kind words for Beatty.

Kruunch
01-04-2013, 08:20 AM
We could use some kind words for Beatty.

Beatty dresses very sharply. ;)

Gimaniac
01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
After the bathtub incident, Prince looked like a joke.

He turned out to be the least objectionable corner we have.

Too bad he is always hurt, it was good having him on the field.

Toadofsteel
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I'd like to see what we have by starting Prince and Hosley together. By the ravens game, Hosley had improved to the point where Webster was being targeted anyway...

sheepdip
01-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Stick to my negative posts please

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Beatty dresses very sharply. ;)

And there you have it

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Stick to my negative posts please

Not in my DNA

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
After the bathtub incident, Prince looked like a joke.

He turned out to be the least objectionable corner we have.

Too bad he is always hurt, it was good having him on the field.

He's do for an injury free season

Kruunch
01-04-2013, 09:01 AM
He's do for an injury free season

Shhhh ... he'll hear you and pull a hammy.

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Shhhh ... he'll hear you and pull a hammy.

One thing we don't have to worry about is players reading our posts

Buddy333
01-04-2013, 09:41 AM
One thing we don't have to worry about is players reading our postsThat's a good thing.

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I'd like to see what we have by starting Prince and Hosley together. By the ravens game, Hosley had improved to the point where Webster was being targeted anyway...

Hosley will be an asset going forward.

bigblue58
01-04-2013, 10:22 AM

All I can say about your thread is that you were obviously watching a Different Prince than I was!
The kid In no way, shape or form played up to the hype that was made about him......period.
He's benefitting from the false perception that since QB's didn't pick on him, he must have had a pretty good year, which of course is nonsense, they just picked on Webster more because Webster was worse, but Amukamara got burned for big plays his fair share of times too!
The kid certainly didn't play good enough to have an entire thread devoted to him. Stevie Brown was the star of this D this season, hands down.

embeshAtYa
01-04-2013, 10:40 AM
These guys didnt have all that much help from the front 6 or 7

ozzie0075
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM

I am not sure how successful Hosley can be as a boundary corner, but I think he can be a very good slot corner.

BuffyBlueII
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
His elevated level of play started in playoffs last year and has carried over to this season. I am hoping we can have Prince injury free for an entire year.

Kruunch
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
One thing we don't have to worry about is players reading our posts

Heh you'd be surprised.

Tony Bruno
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
I think JPP should throw more guys in the tub!!!

GOBLUE24
01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
I was a big hosley guy going into the draft. i think will be a very solid corner going forward. he makes a good play on the ball. Him and prince will be solid. Giants to need a corner with some size. Rhodes is a beast at FSU.

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Heh you'd be surprised.

Shocked is more like it

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I was a big hosley guy going into the draft. i think will be a very solid corner going forward. he makes a good play on the ball. Him and prince will be solid. Giants to need a corner with some size. Rhodes is a beast at FSU.

Hosley was known as a ball hawk at VT and I am hoping that he and Stevie Brown can get some records for us.

TCHOF
01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I agree with the OP and look forward to Prince's continuing development.

sheepdip
01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Prince actually tackled well which is a relief considering how the rest of the team tackled. Not too mention staying disciplined in run support yet another aspect that the rest of the team lacked.
I wasnt just commenting on his coverage skills.

dave56dj
01-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Guy played nicely and progressed from his first yeat - 13 out of 16 games isn't too bad either. Im not sure he has lived up to first round status yet but you usually wait to pass judgement on a kid till his 3rd or even fourth year - it was certainly a nice progression year for Prince and with Cwebb struggling he may find himself on an island a lot more.

egyptian420
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
He played adequetly. Kind of hard to gauge is real strengths with teams picking on CWeb all year but that in itself says something.
Exactly what I was going to say, he looked pretty good whenever he was challenged but he rarely was because CWeb was welcoming receivers with open arms.

DaKraken
01-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Our no1 corner

TroyArcher
01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
He just needs to stay healthy. Can be said for many on this team.

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
He just needs to stay healthy. Can be said for many on this team.

+1

mercurio
01-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Webb is the #1 CB and therefore is assigned the opponents #1 receiver. He does pretty well considering. We need a better pass rush with more blitzing schemes. You can't cover a top receiver (& decent QB) for long without it.

dave56dj
01-05-2013, 05:03 PM
While i love everything webby has done for big blue he did not have a good year considering. He was a picked on mercilessly - and torrey smith abused him in a game we needed a great deal. Now is it all his fault? Of course not, but even when blitzing webby didn't hold the quick routes enough to force the q to hold the ball long enough for any pass rush (which was down this year for sure). It seems like prince may have forced a changing of the guard. Im hoping webby had a down year and not age, but the latter certainly cant be ignored. Webster had some confidence issues early in his career (many cb's do) but part of me just hopes he got a little down on himself and will recover next year, if it's age it may be a much larger issue. Fortunately we have some young guys in prince and jayron but in a pass friendly league it might be time to add yet another.

gmenfan0488
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Prince played really well this year, excited to see his progress

fizzlesticks
01-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Webb is the #1 CB and therefore is assigned the opponents #1 receiver. He does pretty well considering. We need a better pass rush with more blitzing schemes. You can't cover a top receiver (& decent QB) for long without it.

Did the forums run out of red text?