PDA

View Full Version : The Draft

CRH54
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't know why you guys all get worked up over the Draft. The way the Giants Coaching Staff integrate their Rookies you won't see these guys until year 2 or 3. Wilson should have been played more, Randle road the pine, Robinson was in civies most of the time, Hosely was under used. It bugs me the way the giants use their Rookies, look at Washington and Seattle, Washington wins the East with a Rookie QB and RB. You have to play the kids if you want them to gain experience. I will just yawn when the Giants make their first pick in April, the guy will collect cobwebs on the side lines.

egyptian420
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Uh, Washington drafted a QB in the 2nd pick of the draft and traded away their drafting future for him because they were that desperate for a QB, you didn't think he would start?

As for Morris, he was Beast right out of the gate, and they didn't exactly have AP on their team, so it made sense that he would get playing time.

Jahh
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Hosley actually saw a decent amount of playing time this year.

dave56dj
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Actually rookies starting on most teams is a rarity or due to a lack of personnel. The adjustment to the pro game is not an easy one and learning a new playbook is like learning a new language. Robinson missed ota's early due to graduating and was behind the 8 ball. Wilson and Randle were pushing vets but both saw plenty of snaps (although i would have liked a few more as well but not complaining). Hosley saw the field when healthy early and often. The whole theory that coughlin hates rookies is pretty silly - he plays the guy who he thinks is ready to win NOW. Often times a less talented vet who knows the system gives you a better chance to win and it's why most rookies get integrated into the system slowly. While you point to wash and seattle i can give you 7 rookie names who didn't play at all this year. Rg3 wilson and morris turned out to be exceptions - not the rule.

So we can take one thing out of your post - the rookies most likely wont impact 2013 in a huge way but there are always the exceptions like boss ab steve smith shockey and many more. But the second year guys like randle hosley wilson should play a much bigger role and we should reap the benefits of the draft which has replenished our talent pool like clockwork under jerry.

egyptian420
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Will Hill wasn't even drafted and he had some good playing time and might have a bigger role next year. It's not about who we draft and when, it's about who are the best 53 guys to suit up based on what the coaches see in practice.

Drez
01-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Actually rookies starting on most teams is a rarity or due to a lack of personnel. The adjustment to the pro game is not an easy one and learning a new playbook is like learning a new language. Robinson missed ota's early due to graduating and was behind the 8 ball. Wilson and Randle were pushing vets but both saw plenty of snaps (although i would have liked a few more as well but not complaining). Hosley saw the field when healthy early and often. The whole theory that coughlin hates rookies is pretty silly - he plays the guy who he thinks is ready to win NOW. Often times a less talented vet who knows the system gives you a better chance to win and it's why most rookies get integrated into the system slowly. While you point to wash and seattle i can give you 7 rookie names who didn't play at all this year. Rg3 wilson and morris turned out to be exceptions - not the rule.

So we can take one thing out of your post - the rookies most likely wont impact 2013 in a huge way but there are always the exceptions like boss ab steve smith shockey and many more. But the second year guys like randle hosley wilson should play a much bigger role and we should reap the benefits of the draft which has replenished our talent pool like clockwork under jerry.
Well said. And oft said around here to no avail. People like believing things regardless of what either rational thought or evidence says.

jaxnygmen
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
We need to trade up to get this guy from South Carolina, Clowney next year. This guys will be a stud!! LT reincarnated.

Cloud57
01-04-2013, 06:18 PM
We need to trade up to get this guy from South Carolina, Clowney next year. This guys will be a stud!! LT reincarnated.We won't get him since we don't trade up and we'll win at least 9 games which would prevents us from getting a high pick.

jomo
01-04-2013, 06:20 PM

So we can take one thing out of your post - the rookies most likely wont impact 2013 in a huge way but there are always the exceptions like boss ab steve smith shockey and many more. But the second year guys like randle hosley wilson should play a much bigger role and we should reap the benefits of the draft which has replenished our talent pool like clockwork under jerry.PLEASE don't confuse the OP with facts!

jomo
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM

So we can take one thing out of your post - the rookies most likely wont impact 2013 in a huge way but there are always the exceptions like boss ab steve smith shockey and many more. But the second year guys like randle hosley wilson should play a much bigger role and we should reap the benefits of the draft which has replenished our talent pool like clockwork under jerry.Please don't confuse the OP with facts!

Sean Montemayor
01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
One day we need to draft Johnny Manziel a.k.a. Johnny Football. Not now, but when he's ready to join the NFL. Until then, LONG LIVE ELI!!!!!!!