PDA

View Full Version : Hosley

sheepdip
01-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Why is everyone so high on him, it almost seems ppl are more excited about him then Prince.

He returned a pick 6 in PRE SEASON and has been burned many times in REGULAR SEASON for TD's in meaningful games mind you, yet everyone is in love with him.

Just wondering?

I hope he develops into a great corner for us dont get me wrong but I have never noticed so much hype over someone who has been burned for a lot of tds.

titwio
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't think people were more excited for him than Prince...they just were liking what they saw early on from him IMO. He adjusted to the system really fast and was flashing in the nickel/slot (a place he rarely played before). I feel the injuries he played through this year played a part in his production going down during the year. He seemed to get hurt every other week...quad, hamstring, ankle or something etc...

Overall I think he'll end up being a solid guy for this team for years to come. He's versatile, can play inside or on an island and has the knack for finding the ball and making plays.

sheepdip
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey I hope he is a D Sanders type but honestly I heard a lot of confidence and then seen a lot of mistakes and big TDs on him thats all.

titwio
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey I hope he is a D Sanders type but honestly I heard a lot of confidence and then seen a lot of mistakes and big TDs on him thats all.

If he can manage to stay healthier next season, I think we'll see more of the confidence he was showing earlier on.

ShakeandBake
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Hosely looked good until he got injured, and this is only his rookie season so cut him some slack.

B-Red22
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Hosley looked more adjusted to the pro game in his rookie season than prince did, thats why I am on record for being more high on him then Prince

RoanokeFan
01-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Most rookies are going to look lost when they get their first chance in real games. Part of what has some of us excited to see him next year is the performance of some veterans this year.

TroyArcher
01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
As most of the Giants secondary can't stay healthy we need all the DB's we can get.

Toadofsteel
01-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Hosley had a lot of problems, but I attribute that to his rookie status. I feel he will improve next season. Hell, even by the ravens game this year, Hosley was being ignored for Webster, so improvement is already starting to happen.

JayMas9
01-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Hosley looked more adjusted to the pro game in his rookie season than prince did, thats why I am on record for being more high on him then PrincePrince pretty much locked down whoever he was covering down in the playoffs last year, and that was the first significant playing time of his pro career. There is no way Hosley looked more adjusted this year. He flashed a nose for the ball and aggressiveness. He got injured, and his play definitely suffered. Upside is big though, without a doubt. He struggled as a rookie third round corner should. I think he's going to be a good player though.

BlueBlooded1979
01-04-2013, 05:40 PM
He showed athleticism and the ability to play but struggled with the scheme nearly as much Fewell did.

Hopefully his talent will overcome the coaching.

big blue dog
01-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I like hosely but but he gives up a lot of size the rreceivers in our division bryant austin garcon but they do say his closing speed is good so maybe that can help him out a little we still need a big fast corner we have prince but we need one more.

JesseJames
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
learning to play CB in the pros for a rookie is very difficult and some don't get to play at all because they stay confused for the whole year so for that reason I think Hosely did pretty damn good

Imgrate
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder what forums you read. Because you certainly don't read this one.

giantsfan420
01-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey I hope he is a D Sanders type but honestly I heard a lot of confidence and then seen a lot of mistakes and big TDs on him thats all.he had several games where the qb refused to even challenge him. i think u may be attributing too many conceded big plays to him.

and i believe prince has the potential to be a corner on revis's level. but that doesnt mean im any less excited with hosely bc he does have excellent mirror skills. thats huge in trail man coverage. hoselys got the potential to be lock down himself he really does, and hes got an additional hurdle too with his size. i think the future is very bright for us at corner.

TheEnigma
01-04-2013, 07:44 PM
The worst game he had was against Julio Jones and he was destined to struggle against a WR like that. You can't honestly expect a rookie CB that is around 5'10 to cover a man almost half a foot taller than him and is also freakishly strong and fast. In my humble opinion, his best fit would be in the slot or the middle of the field jumping on routes and making plays on the ball.

dave56dj
01-04-2013, 07:53 PM
He flashed as a rookie corner - he struggled too as expected. I think enigma is right the question is, can he be a boundary corner or is he more of a nickel. Personally i think he plays bigger then 5'10 and will have a good shot on the outside as well. Prince may be the new number one so he will find himself on the lonely island a lot more - where webster really struggled this year. Prince certainly progressed nicely - but in his third year it would be nice to see him making plays on the ball as well - not unfair to expect that out of a first rounder - that said a nice cover man would be satisfying in this pass friendly league. Tillman should teach all corners a clinic on punching the ball out - remarkable year.

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM
The worst game he had was against Julio Jones and he was destined to struggle against a WR like that. You can't honestly expect a rookie CB that is around 5'10 to cover a man almost half a foot taller than him and is also freakishly strong and fast. In my humble opinion, his best fit would be in the slot or the middle of the field jumping on routes and making plays on the ball. yep the Giants need another starter opposite Prince. Hosley is best served as a Nickel

moosedrool
01-04-2013, 08:08 PM
yep the Giants need another starter opposite Prince. Hosley is best served as a Nickel

Hosley was worse at slot CB than he was at CB.

DaKraken
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Give him time

CDN_G-FAN
01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
how was webby's first two seasons?

GMAN2K9
01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
The worst game he had was against Julio Jones and he was destined to struggle against a WR like that. You can't honestly expect a rookie CB that is around 5'10 to cover a man almost half a foot taller than him and is also freakishly strong and fast. In my humble opinion, his best fit would be in the slot or the middle of the field jumping on routes and making plays on the ball.

Agreed. That game was a disaster for everyone, coaches included for scheming a rookie CB (making 1st start due to injury not superior play) 1 on 1 with Jones way too much. Gonna give kid safety blanket overtop & let your "money" cb Webster handle more single coverage

NorwoodBlue
01-04-2013, 10:04 PM
What I like about him is he appears to have incredible natural ball hawking skills, and he closes to the ball very fast. He didn't look good later in the year, and maybe that was injury. I hope he comes into camp next year and shows something. If Webster doesnt recover form, we're going to need a second corner to pair with Prince, and Hosley might be the guy. We've also got TT coming back; but if he ever fully recovers from the knee problems is still a huge question mark.

joemorrisforprez
01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Why is everyone so high on him, it almost seems ppl are more excited about him then Prince.

He returned a pick 6 in PRE SEASON and has been burned many times in REGULAR SEASON for TD's in meaningful games mind you, yet everyone is in love with him.

Just wondering?

I hope he develops into a great corner for us dont get me wrong but I have never noticed so much hype over someone who has been burned for a lot of tds.

People are excited because of his upside.....he's paid his dues this season, and will be a more finished athlete next year.