PDA

View Full Version : CRAZY SCENARIO- YET SO TRUE

Sean Montemayor
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
We missed playoffs by one point when we lost to Washington 16-17. Unreal. Had we made the field goal we missed at Fed Ex field, we would have beaten RG3 and the 'Skins 19-17. We would have been the NFC East champs. Record would have been this: Final result: New York Giants- 10-6, Washington Redskins- 9-7. Revenge will be so sweet this September.

Flip Empty
01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
And if Dez Bryant's finger was one inch shorter, the Giants would be 8-8? It doesn't work that way, hypotheticals are not facts.

No one game is to blame, there were seven of them.

Sean Montemayor
01-04-2013, 08:56 PM
True when you see it from that perspective. It just sucks we didn't make it.

byron
01-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah.... **** it man... I've come to the realization it just wasn't meant to be this year... Hopefully the team learns something form it and comes back stronger next year because of it....

GMAN2K9
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah.... **** it man... I've come to the realization it just wasn't meant to be this year... Hopefully the team learns something form it and comes back stronger next year because of it....

It did have that feeling all year, even starting w Nicks injury in OTAs... just a bad feeling all year.

I think we ll reload & some of our young players will become reliable, consistent, etc in 2013.

Besides, 2 championships out of 3 years aint bad!!!! (Win #5 on our frozen home turf)

TheAnalyst
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
The game we f-ed up was the first eagles game. Should of been a 44 yard fg, not a 54 career long attempt for Tynes. He kicked it 53 yards.

Sean Montemayor
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
The game we f-ed up was the first eagles game. Should of been a 44 yard fg, not a 54 career long attempt for Tynes. He kicked it 53 yards. Just 1 yard shy. We're still the BEASTS FRM THE EAST. But you're right.

drewz
01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
And to think, if Romo doesn't overthrow Miles Austin last year, we don't make the playoffs, much less a Super Bowl

byron
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM
It did have that feeling all year, even starting w Nicks injury in OTAs... just a bad feeling all year.

I think we ll reload & some of our young players will become reliable, consistent, etc in 2013.

Besides, 2 championships out of 3 years aint bad!!!! (Win #5 on our frozen home turf) Not bad indeed ! How awesome would that be man sb in the snow....we have hope man what else is there it could happen !

gmen0820
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
If Tynes makes that FG we wouldn't have scored a single point after that.

I can make scenarios up, too.

Toadofsteel
01-04-2013, 10:18 PM
If Tynes made that 54-yarder in Philly... if Barden the Terrible hadn't committed PI... if Eli hadn't tried to execute a play making Barden the Terrible trying to be, well, not terrible... we'd be 10-6, have swept Philly, have a 4-2 division record, and a tiebreaker on the skins. That's a lot more plausible imo. THAT is where we lost the season... to the mother****ing eagles. Again. **** my life...

gmen0820
01-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Barden the TerribleLol

Rusty192
01-05-2013, 01:30 AM
If Tynes made that 54-yarder in Philly... if Barden the Terrible hadn't committed PI... if Eli hadn't tried to execute a play making Barden the Terrible trying to be, well, not terrible... we'd be 10-6, have swept Philly, have a 4-2 division record, and a tiebreaker on the skins. That's a lot more plausible imo. THAT is where we lost the season... to the mother****ing eagles. Again. **** my life...At least we beat their pathetic *** to close out the season. A small comfort.

Giantsfan241
01-05-2013, 01:54 AM
if we beat every team we'd be 16-0

Flip Empty
01-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Barden the Terrible
I'm pocketing this one.

giantsforce
01-05-2013, 02:25 AM
The game we f-ed up was the first eagles game. Should of been a 44 yard fg, not a 54 career long attempt for Tynes. He kicked it 53 yards.Actually the game we ****ed up was the 1st game against Dallas on opening day. That set the tone that the players did note have the desire to even try defend their crown. The lack of leadership by both the coaches and the players became apparent in thet game.

YATittle1962
01-05-2013, 03:04 AM
If Pisarcik takes a knee ......
if Roger Craig doesn't fumble.....
If Tittle doesn't get his knee blown out in the first quarter in '63 championship.....
If Norwood pulls it to the left 3 feet ......
If David Tyree doesn't make a miracle catch .......
If Manningham doesn't make a miracle catch......
If Kerry Collins could read a defense......
If the ball doesn't touch Kyle Williams ........
If Williams doesn't pop the ball from Williams ......

we could go on all day here folks

:)

add some......

EnragedYouth85
01-05-2013, 03:13 AM
If Tittle doesn't get his knee blown out in the first quarter in '63 championship.....

add some......

Yup! We'd had a lot of good luck and a lot of bad luck. I obviously would love to go to the playoffs again this year but we are pretty luckly to get 2 SB's in our life time, most NFL fans can't say that..

nhpgiantsfan
01-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Actually the game we ****ed up was the 1st game against Dallas on opening day. That set the tone that the players did note have the desire to even try defend their crown. The lack of leadership by both the coaches and the players became apparent in thet game.

eh, we were to banged up. Our CB's were totally mismatched that game.

foxie
01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
"You are what your Record says you Are".....Bill Parcell

Diamondring
01-05-2013, 11:55 AM

add some......Well lets keep talking about them so we can work on those mistakes.

Sarcasman
01-05-2013, 02:11 PM
We missed playoffs by one point when we lost to Washington 16-17. Unreal. Had we made the field goal we missed at Fed Ex field, we would have beaten RG3 and the 'Skins 19-17. We would have been the NFC East champs. Record would have been this: Final result: New York Giants- 10-6, Washington Redskins- 9-7. Revenge will be so sweet this September.

No.

We missed the playoffs because the Giants - as a team - failed to take care of their business.