PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Marc Ross won't be in Charlotte

gmen0820
01-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Our pro personnel guy, Dave Gettleman seems primed for that position. If someone can hit this post up with the Rotowire link, it'd be greatly appreciated (currently on my iPhone).

DownWitJPP
01-04-2013, 11:18 PM
this is not good for the Giants, these guys will be hard to replace and are both very talented

egyptian420
01-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I can't find anything about it, but the Jags have also checked him out and so did the Chargers. I really hope he stays, he has an eye for young talent.

Drez
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/1/4/3837182/carolina-panthers-gm-rumors-conflicting-reports-on-gettleman-and-ross

gmen0820
01-04-2013, 11:31 PM
People who criticize Reese really need to open their eyes and see just how respected our front office is in league circles. Reese, as the head of the front office -- from a football operations standpoint -- is very much underrated on this board.

OX1
01-05-2013, 05:58 AM
I think Reese and staff are the main reason we keep winning
season after season. very hard to do when your draft picks are
consistently low every year (compared to say teams that sucked
for over 10 years).

My only criticism of Reese is he seems to be lacking the
gritty details of exactly what is going on sometimes. He spoke at
my sisters church a couple years back, talking about a player just
drafted, but he could not remember the players name. One of the church
members had to remind him of who it was (not some no-name either,
think it was 3rd round pick).

Now he is the boss, so you assume he leaves much of the detail to his staff,
but I hope he has great guys lined up to replace this staff if they get stolen from us.

Redeyejedi
01-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I think Reese and staff are the main reason we keep winning
season after season. very hard to do when your draft picks are
consistently low every year (compared to say teams that sucked
for over 10 years).

My only criticism of Reese is he seems to be lacking the
gritty details of exactly what is going on sometimes. He spoke at
my sisters church a couple years back, talking about a player just
drafted, but he could not remember the players name. One of the church
members had to remind him of who it was (not some no-name either,
think it was 3rd round pick).

Now he is the boss, so you assume he leaves much of the detail to his staff,
but I hope he has great guys lined up to replace this staff if they get stolen from us. The Giants over the last 6 years have won as much as anybody and fans still act like the FO has no clue what they're doing. Giants are just like the Steelers they go up and down but finish the job when they get the chance

fletch842
01-05-2013, 07:51 AM
The Giants over the last 6 years have won as much as anybody and fans still act like the FO has no clue what they're doing. Giants are just like the Steelers they go up and down but finish the job when they get the chance
We'll never win with the FO and coaching staff!!!! And don't get me started on the QB.

Toadofsteel
01-05-2013, 10:17 AM
People who criticize Reese really need to open their eyes and see just how respected our front office is in league circles. Reese, as the head of the front office -- from a football operations standpoint -- is very much underrated on this board.

It's not Reese's fault if Coughlin doesn't use the rookies that he drafts (Wilson, Randle, Hosley) or the FA that he signs (Locklear)...

G-Men Surg.
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Our pro personnel guy, Dave Gettleman seems primed for that position. If someone can hit this post up with the Rotowire link, it'd be greatly appreciated (currently on my iPhone).

Bad for him but good for us fans and the Giants organization! That been said he is going to have a GM gig sooner or later.

laylow28
01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Bad for him but good for us fans and the Giants organization! That been said he is going to have a GM gig sooner or later. Basically

G-Men Surg.
01-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Basically
I just hope that his first gig isn't with the Jets or worse, could you imaging the thought of him being the first " real " GM of the Dallas Cowturds if for what ever reason Jerry comes to sense and hires a GM?!?! That would be brutal. Heh, but that's not goimg to happen .