PDA

View Full Version : Did this game save TC & his assistants jobs for 2012 season?

jakegibbs
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Great Great win in tough conditions with all the calls that went pro Jets throughout the game. Games like today in the past would have snowballed & led to another defeat but this team showed something that hasn't been seen in a long time.

They all hung in there no matter the bad turns in the game & held together. That's winning playoff football.

That's a reflection on the head coach & in all likelyhood saved TC job for another season. The win today garranteed that there will not be a losing season after the dust settles next week in fact it makes 7 straight years of not having a losing season right. That's pretty impressive when you think about it.

giants2thebowl
12-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't think so; if we lose next week then i believe there will be some different people wearing headsets come next season

elifan10
12-24-2011, 06:33 PM
If Fewell doesnt coach the defense like this for the rest of his career he should be fired. I still think he should be fired. One game against a terrible quarterback should not relieve him. He should be fired until he learns to coach like this everygame.

jakegibbs
12-24-2011, 06:35 PM
If Fewell doesnt coach the defense like this for the rest of his career he should be fired. I still think he should be fired. One game against a terrible quarterback should not relieve him. He should be fired until he learns to coach like this everygame.

+1 well stated & that needs to be told to Mr. Fewell by TC.

Juanito
12-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Yes. Not only did this keep play off hopes alive, it saved our dignity and us from being the second team *****es of the city.

jakegibbs
12-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes. Not only did this keep play off hopes alive, it saved our dignity and us from being the second team *****es of the city.

I know this game felt like a playoff game & you could see it in the players eyes right?

IAmTheFly
12-24-2011, 08:00 PM
If they get blown out next week I doubt they survive. If they lose even, I think their future is in doubt. But I'm feeling pretty good about today and I think they are going to hand Dallas their *** next week. Wouldn't bet much on them though, they can sure lay an egg when you least expect it.

eastbayblue
12-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Great Great win in tough conditions with all the calls that went pro Jets throughout the game. Games like today in the past would have snowballed & led to another defeat but this team showed something that hasn't been seen in a long time.

They all hung in there no matter the bad turns in the game & held together. That's winning playoff football.

That's a reflection on the head coach & in all likelyhood saved TC job for another season. The win today garranteed that there will not be a losing season after the dust settles next week in fact it makes 7 straight years of not having a losing season right. That's pretty impressive when you think about it.

No playoffs no job!

NYGRealityCheck
12-24-2011, 08:28 PM

No playoffs no job!

Yup! Welcome to NY sports... too many seasons have gone by since 2007/2008...

pjam84
12-24-2011, 08:39 PM
i hope it saved tc's job. unless the giants win the super bowl, i think they really need to look into a new defensive coordinator though. gilbride is cool with me. i think he's under-appreciated around here.

but say what you will about tc, i love the guy. i'd like to see him stay with the giants for a long time. kind of like how the steelers treat their coaches.

BigBlue1971
12-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Great Great win in tough conditions with all the calls that went pro Jets throughout the game. Games like today in the past would have snowballed &amp; led to another defeat but this team showed something that hasn't been seen in a long time. They all hung in there no matter the bad turns in the game &amp; held together. That's winning playoff football. That's a reflection on the head coach &amp; in all likelyhood saved TC job for another season. The win today garranteed that there will not be a losing season after the dust settles next week in fact it makes 7 straight years of not having a losing season right. That's pretty impressive when you think about it.</P>

</P>

again, it depends how they end the season. i think TC stays in any case and he will prolly keep Gilbride with him.</P>

Fewell needs his defense to play as they did today. if they do he has a good chance of hanging around for another season.</P>

most are giving him the benefit of the doubt becuz of injuries to his squad. this was the best game they played imo.</P>

bleedinblue27
12-24-2011, 09:01 PM
playoffs or not.........Tom and Company ARE GONE!!! it geting a bit old around here!!</P>

</P>

bashful
12-24-2011, 09:07 PM
A good question. My concern is Fewell and KG both these jack monkeys need to go. Neither has a clue or is consistent.
The problem is we will never be better than 8-8, 9-7 with these fools. Win or lose they have to go.

IAmTheFly
12-24-2011, 09:22 PM
This is only an opinion but I think as long as Reese is GM, Coughlin is coach. This was a big game but I don't think it weighs in to the big picture much. I loved the defense today. But if the Cowboys march up and down the field next week, this game is going to be forgotten really quickly. If the Giants are embarrassed on home field next weekend, the heat's going to be on the whole staff. Fewell hasn't earned the benefit of any doubt. Not yet anyway. Odds are pretty good he is a goner in that scenario. No GM in their right mind is going to fire Gilbride, a guy who does nothing but produce offence even when the receiving corps has been depleted all year, and with an O-Line that couldn't move anybody until week 15.

IAmTheFly
12-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Also I'm not reading much about the draw play that Gilbride gets crucified for when it doesn't work, but produced at least two (that I can think of) 3rd down conversions. Also the Giants pretty much have abandoned the screen pass. Imagine the offense if we had a back who could pluck that ball out of the air in stride.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 09:30 PM
If they get blown out next week I doubt they survive. If they lose even, I think their future is in doubt. But I'm feeling pretty good about today and I think they are going to hand Dallas their *** next week. Wouldn't bet much on them though, they can sure lay an egg when you least expect it.And that's what they have been doing under Coughlin with the exception of 2007 because we happened to have some real leaders on the filed that gave more than a rat's ***. Before that and after that it has been the same crap. do you really want the same crap next year? Then keep Coughlin.

IAmTheFly
12-24-2011, 09:37 PM
If they get blown out next week I doubt they survive. If they lose even, I think their future is in doubt. But I'm feeling pretty good about today and I think they are going to hand Dallas their *** next week. Wouldn't bet much on them though, they can sure lay an egg when you least expect it.And that's what they have been doing under Coughlin with the exception of 2007 because we happened to have some real leaders on the filed that gave more than a rat's ***. Before that and after that it has been the same crap. do you really want the same crap next year? Then keep Coughlin.

I agree it's been frustrating. I don't think it's clear who is at fault. I'm not sure whether I would keep Coughlin or not, and it doesn't matter what I think anyway. But dude, we won today. It's Christmas Eve. I can only imagine how you would feel if they lost.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 09:47 PM

I agree it's been frustrating. I don't think it's clear who is at fault. I'm not sure whether I would keep Coughlin or not, and it doesn't matter what I think anyway. But dude, we won today. It's Christmas Eve. I can only imagine how you would feel if they lost.I wouldn't feel any different about Coughlin since the day they hired him. There was a reason why he was unemployed for 2 years before the Giants got him. He came cheap and he is a company, yes man. That's the only reason he is around. Do you really think the Mara's have the guts to bring here a coach with real stones?

NWKEffectElement
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
i hope it saved tc's job. unless the giants win the super bowl, i think they really need to look into a new defensive coordinator though. gilbride is cool with me. i think he's under-appreciated around here.

but say what you will about tc, i love the guy. i'd like to see him stay with the giants for a long time. kind of like how the steelers treat their coaches.

You have got to be kidding me. Did you watch the game today? Gilbride and his offense tried everything in their power to lose this game. It was sort of like that Bills game in 2007.