PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi

BigJ
01-06-2013, 07:39 PM
So the way Tuck is playing, osi is gone. I tgink its time to put Kiwi back at Dend. There is no reason to keep him at LB when. All his best play is from Dend. I think its time to just get a real linebacker and bring him back on the line. Obviously this is just my opinion and what im hoping for but what go u guys think and what do u guys want??

Diamondring
01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
He should be part of a rotation.

ALLnygIN
01-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I think it's time we get some real linebackers on this defense. Some people don't think it makes that big of a differnece, but hey if you want to stop the run a little bit better or utuilize more clever blitz packages real linebackers make all the difference in the world. Now I love blackburn, I love what boley has done for the team and kiwi has done great considering he is a DE, but it's time we get some real players back there. J will is promising, Rivers was a step in the right direction if he can stay healthy.. but still it needs to be addressed. and yes kiwi should be back at de this season.

Carter.525
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
agreed.. need to add a MLB or SLB, since this team is loaded with WLB

giantleap56
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Bring back Spaggs, PF relyed on the 4 man rush way to much for my liking and the defense suffered beacuse of that. As a giants fan watching the playoffs has made me even angrier at the Giants for not making the playoffs, these are a bunch of teams they could have beat and they know it.

Drez
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Bring back Spaggs, PF relyed on the 4 man rush way to much for my liking and the defense suffered beacuse of that. As a giants fan watching the playoffs has made me even angrier at the Giants for not making the playoffs, these are a bunch of teams they could have beat and they know it.
Yeah. Spags defense was lights out this year.

Drez
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm rather certain that Kiwi will be back at DE most of the time next season, barring either somehow keeping Osi or signing a good DE in FA.

moosedrool
01-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah. Spags defense was lights out this year.

I just don't understand why Spags gets this negative response. The talent on the defensive side of the ball in New Orleans is non-existent. Every Saints defensive player who played more than 500 snaps received a negative grade from PFF. And the teams defensive grade was the worst in the league.

Drez
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
I just don't understand why Spags gets this negative response. The talent on the defensive side of the ball in New Orleans is non-existent. Every Saints defensive player who played more than 500 snaps received a negative grade from PFF. And the teams defensive grade was the worst in the league.
And I don't understand why Spags gets treated like a messiah by so many here.

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I just don't understand why Spags gets this negative response. The talent on the defensive side of the ball in New Orleans is non-existent. Every Saints defensive player who played more than 500 snaps received a negative grade from PFF. And the teams defensive grade was the worst in the league.NO does have a DL made up of all 1rst rounders tho...they do have talent on that D fwiw

VBGiantsFan
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM

His first year we won the superbowl and his second we were 12-4.

Oh and he made our talentless LB corp look relevant, something Fewell cant do.

moosedrool
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
NO does have a DL made up of all 1rst rounders tho...they do have talent on that D fwiw

Will Smith is well past his prime, and their LB's and DB's are awful.

Drez
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM

And the defense faltered down the stretch in '08.

What's he done since? It isn't like Spags has a track record like LeBeau, the late Jimmy Johnson, or even Wade Phillips.

I just think people romanticize Spags a little much. It isn't like if we rehired him he'd be this magical panacea.

giantleap56
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah. Spags defense was lights out this year. Talent plays a role of course. Spags was in a situation where the team was embroiled in the bounty controversy. Sometimes a team just fits what a coach wants to accomplish. I really believed that relying on a 4 man rush made the Giants defense complacent and took the fun away for the defense. Not getting sacks I'm sure played on the defenses mind all year. If PF is going to come back then he needs to dial it up, with scheme and blitz packages. The defense was much to predictable.

primetime
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
And the defense faltered down the stretch in '08.

What's he done since? It isn't like Spags has a track record like LeBeau, the late Jimmy Johnson, or even Wade Phillips.

I just think people romanticize Spags a little much. It isn't like if we rehired him he'd be this magical panacea.
Spags also has a ring, the late Jim Johnson and Wade Phillips have none. Also those three coordinators have decades of coaching experience in the NFL, Spags has been coaching in the NFL for only 12 years.

giantleap56
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
And the defense faltered down the stretch in '08. What's he done since? It isn't like Spags has a track record like LeBeau, the late Jimmy Johnson, or even Wade Phillips. I just think people romanticize Spags a little much. It isn't like if we rehired him he'd be this magical panacea.If you recall the Giants were 12-1 at one point and looked like the favorites to get back to the dance. It wasn't so much the defense that cost the Giants that season it was the jerk Plaxico shot himself. The offense sputtered because every team pretty much put 8 men in the box. Spags fits the Giants talent and brought out a lot with the scheme he ran. There is no romantizing anything he was the only defensive coordinator under TC that he had a winning record in the second half of the season. after his first two games he had a 22-8 record as a DC.

Drez
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
If you recall the Giants were 12-1 at one point and looked like the favorites to get back to the dance. It wasn't so much the defense that cost the Giants that season it was the jerk Plaxico shot himself. The offense sputtered because every team pretty much put 8 men in the box. Spags fits the Giants talent and brought out a lot with the scheme he ran. There is no romantizing anything he was the only defensive coordinator under TC that he had a winning record in the second half of the season. after his first two games he had a 22-8 record as a DC.
We lost 3 of our last 4 in '07 and in '08.

TCHOF
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM

When the same thing happens here, it is blamed on the DC.

TCHOF
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM

Eh, he did have a pre-beer belly Pierce at MLB.

moosedrool
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
We lost 3 of our last 4 in '07 and in '08.

So of course you become a coach hater and blame the DC. How soon you forget the enormous amount of injuries we had in the second half of both those years.

Drez
01-06-2013, 09:47 PM
So of course you become a coach hater and blame the DC. How soon you forget the enormous amount of injuries we had in the second half of both those years.
I'm not a coach hater.

However, many people overly romanticize Spags around here.