PDA

View Full Version : The Redskins are gonna run RG3 into the Ground

GoDeep80
01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Lucky he was able to walk off. Be horrific if they have another Theisman situation with him.

ELIte4MVP
01-06-2013, 08:30 PM
That was a classic acl tear. I don't like him but I hope for his sake its not that. Sure looked like it tho

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I hope he's ok. Hate the Redskins, but I really like RG3 and I don't want to see him hurt.

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
That's the risk you take. Can get away with that stuff in College but not so much in the NFL. He could be one and done.

GiantWarfare
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
RG3 doesnt look like he'll hold up for long. Its his rookie year and he's looks battered/beaten already. That leg injury is extremely concerning for the Redskins and their fanbase...

NYfanatic
01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
How smart do the Skins look for taking Cousins now.

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
I think Griffin has the talent to be a very good QB in this league regardless of his ability to run the pistol.

scoopscj
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Those scrambling run option quarterbacks are susceptible to this type of punishment. Eventually he'll lose his ability to run around like a nut and become a pocket passer. He'll be successful in that respect but it will take away some of the unpredictability. I like the kid and I hope it isn't an acl tear.

Carter.525
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
RGIII takes way too many hits.. might have a short career at this rate.

nycisgreat
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I was thinking in the same thing. I hope the guy didn't tear anything, but I do think if they continue to use the option heavily, they will definitely run the guy into the ground.

NYCDBS
01-07-2013, 01:58 AM
His knee buckling the way it did looks very serious he had a brace on to prevent just that. I sincerely hope this kid is ok but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a significant injury. Hopefully he will be back soon Id hate to see a player with so much potential go down like this.

TheAnalyst
01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Just saw this. That looks ugly... His knee just buckled even witht he brace.

http://i.imgur.com/EiqoQ.png (http://i.imgur.com/EiqoQ.png)

njg85m
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Redskins deserve what they got...RG3 doesn't.
That kid should not have been playing for the past month at all, and yesterday was a prime example of someone playing through an injury when they absolutely should not be.

Hope there's no permanent damage.

appodictic
01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes. I have to say if I were RG3 I would NEVER put on a redskins jersey again. Cousins was a very capable backup. It was not just that play. Did you see him on the "scramble" for 9 yards, he was hobbling. The redskins put him out there in a position where he could not even defend himself. It was shameful. That is the difference between playing for an organization with class like the giants and one like the redskins. they are so hungry for a win all the time, they will willing to one and done their future for a 1st round playoff loss.

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes. I have to say if I were RG3 I would NEVER put on a redskins jersey again. Cousins was a very capable backup. It was not just that play. Did you see him on the "scramble" for 9 yards, he was hobbling. The redskins put him out there in a position where he could not even defend himself. It was shameful. That is the difference between playing for an organization with class like the giants and one like the redskins. they are so hungry for a win all the time, they will willing to one and done their future for a 1st round playoff loss.Exactly! as much as I hate playing against the guy he doesn't deserve to have his career so carelessly played with. as a coach you gotta know what's more important and you have to put your foot down and say "listen kid I'm gonna need you to sit this one out" No NFL player is gonna look at their head coach and say "No coach I don't want to go back in." Cutler did that and he was ridiculed for it.

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I used to at least have a grudging respect for what Shanahan did to turn the team's fortunes around (from basement dweller to division champion in one season), but this just made me lose any respect I had for the man.

Hope RG3 is okay. I may hate playing against him but nobody deserves that fate...

OX1
01-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Yes. I have to say if I were RG3 I would NEVER put on a redskins jersey again. Cousins was a very capable backup. It was not just that play. Did you see him on the "scramble" for 9 yards, he was hobbling. The redskins put him out there in a position where he could not even defend himself. It was shameful. That is the difference between playing for an organization with class like the giants and one like the redskins. they are so hungry for a win all the time, they will willing to one and done their future for a 1st round playoff loss.

I'd be with ya if he giants hadn't left Nicks in all year...............

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
I'd be with ya if he giants handn't left Nicks in all year...............It's true, we were all upset about it during and after the season. But the difference is we didn't give up 3 1st and a 2nd for Nicks to treat him that way. Now it isn't right to treat any player that way but you certainly can't do it to a player that you've effectively sold the farm for.

njg85m
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd be with ya if he giants hadn't left Nicks in all year...............

That's not even remotely comparable and you know it.

I've said it in other threads on this board, but there is a big difference between playing through pain / playing through certain injuries like every athlete does at some time in their career than there is playing when it is blatantly obvious that a body part is just waiting to completely 'go'. He couldn't even walk at one point. It was so clear that his knee was going to collapse at any moment that it was beyond shameful what they did. He very likely has permanent damage in one way or another. Not comparable to Nicks situation this year at all.

BlueSanta
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
How smart do the Skins look for taking Cousins now.

Almost as dumb as they look for running RG3 like he is a 230 lbs Rb in an option offense.

OX1
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
It's true, we were all upset about it during and after the season. But the difference is we didn't give up 3 1st and a 2nd for Nicks to treat him that way. Now it isn't right to treat any player that way but you certainly can't do it to a player that you've effectively sold the farm for.

Does seem odd that the giants are usually over protective, if anything and then pull that crap with Nicks.

As for RGIII, he better get used to being hurt, or be less effective (pertaining to his
current game). He can't have it both ways.

OX1
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
That's not even remotely comparable and you know it.

I've said it in other threads on this board, but there is a big difference between playing through pain / playing through certain injuries like every athlete does at some time in their career than there is playing when it is blatantly obvious that a body part is just waiting to completely 'go'. He couldn't even walk at one point. It was so clear that his knee was going to collapse at any moment that it was beyond shameful what they did. He very likely has permanent damage in one way or another. Not comparable to Nicks situation this year at all.

I never said it was exactly the same. But the angelic rep of the giants with respect to injuries has to take a bit of
a hit for this one. I mean we are talking playing the guy hurt almost an entire season, let alone playing him hurt
to begin the season.

"Then he had an MRI that showed “something” was torn. And the doctors told him he really needed 6-8 weeks of rest.
Two weeks later, though, the Giants’ top receiver was back on the field after missing only three games, and dealing with an injury that never really went away."

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/giants_wr_hakeem_nicks_says_injured_knee_needed_6_ 8_weeks_of_rest/12549283

kNicksGiants
01-08-2013, 07:13 PM
he ran himself into the ground

gmenfan0488
01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
It's only a partial tear on the MCL he'll be fine.

ELIte4MVP
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
It's only a partial tear on the MCL he'll be fine.

Where did you hear that? Multiple reports are saying its partial lcl being repaired this week and only when theyre inside they'll know the extent of the acl. No mention of mcl. NFL network is the major reporting network

krygny
01-08-2013, 10:57 PM
The initial injury looked like a severe hyper-extension, at best . Myabe no damage but I can't believe his knee didn't swell like a balloon and hurt like hell. Even if there's no damage to the PCL, it can take weeks for the inflammation to go down. It looked to me like he should NOT have been playing the past two weeks.

When he went down in the Seahawks game, that looked like his MCL completely gave way. I think he's got multiple injuries to the knee, and if that's the case, there was almost certainly additional injury incurred after the initial injury in the Ravens game.

I did hear a report that "if he has surgery, he could miss some or all of the 2013 season". Of course, I really don't know and I'm sure not broke up about it.

ELIte4MVP
01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
The initial injury looked like a severe hyper-extension, at best . Myabe no damage but I can't believe his knee didn't swell like a balloon and hurt like hell. Even if there's no damage to the PCL, it can take weeks for the inflammation to go down. It looked to me like he should NOT have been playing the past two weeks.

When he went down in the Seahawks game, that looked like his MCL completely gave way. I think he's got multiple injuries to the knee, and if that's the case, there was almost certainly additional injury incurred after the initial injury in the Ravens game.

I did hear a report that "if he has surgery, he could miss some or all of the 2013 season". Of course, I really don't know and I'm sure not broke up about it.

To me it seems like his acl gave out, seen by his knee initially moving forward as he stumbled. Then, when his knee awkwardly bent in which everyone highlighted as the most gruesome part, I can't imagine this did not affect the mcl in even a small capacity. Regardless, if there is acl damage at all, even at a small tear, will need reconstructive surgery. That'll leave him out for most of camp, minimum. Not good. We will know what his acl looks like tomorrow, but the way his lower leg gave out in relation to his upper leg sure looks like a textbook acl tear

Giants5699
01-08-2013, 11:44 PM
To me it seems like his acl gave out, seen by his knee initially moving forward as he stumbled. Then, when his knee awkwardly bent in which everyone highlighted as the most gruesome part, I can't imagine this did not affect the mcl in even a small capacity. Regardless, if there is acl damage at all, even at a small tear, will need reconstructive surgery. That'll leave him out for most of camp, minimum. Not good. We will know what his acl looks like tomorrow, but the way his lower leg gave out in relation to his upper leg sure looks like a textbook acl tear

To me, it looked like everything in that knee got shredded into to pieces on two different plays against the Seahawks... I'm not a doctor though. No way in hell that it was just a sprain against Baltimore either. I just don't understand how Shanahan is that stupid. There was no way the Redskins were going all the way this year... they should have shut RG3 down after Baltimore.

ELIte4MVP
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
To me, it looked like everything in that knee got shredded into to pieces on two different plays against the Seahawks... I'm not a doctor though. No way in hell that it was just a sprain against Baltimore either. I just don't understand how Shanahan is that stupid. There was no way the Redskins were going all the way this year... they should have shut RG3 down after Baltimore.

As an athlete , I can understand the blind competitive nature to want to play through anything. That's when a coach needs to step in. I agree it was disgusting that he was not taken out

Giants5699
01-09-2013, 12:06 AM
As an athlete , I can understand the blind competitive nature to want to play through anything. That's when a coach needs to step in. I agree it was disgusting that he was not taken out

I understand RG3 wanting to get back out there too, but since when does a player call the shots and not the coach and doctors? Shanahan is a fool.

ELIte4MVP
01-09-2013, 12:08 AM
I understand RG3 wanting to get back out there too, but since when does a player call the shots and not the coach and doctors? Shanahan is a fool.

Exactly

TheAnalyst
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Ugh, saw this too, a little out of bad taste, but Dan Snyder deserves it.

http://i.imgur.com/Hz5J3.jpg