PDA

View Full Version : Credit Rolle..

nYg24
12-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Ralph Vacchiano -

Asked if Antrel Rolle's comments had anything to do with him practicing all week and playing so well, DE Justin Tuck said "No." ... But DE Mathias Kiwanuka gave him a little more credit. "Credit Rolle I guess for it, because we had all hands on deck the entire week. Anybody who was even close to being able to physically practice was out there. You saw the result." #NYG

Rolle had a decent game, and it appears all this talk helped.

jjj45
12-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Ralph Vacchiano -

Asked if Antrel Rolle's comments had anything to do with him practicing all week and playing so well, DE Justin Tuck said "No." ... But DE Mathias Kiwanuka gave him a little more credit. "Credit Rolle I guess for it, because we had all hands on deck the entire week. Anybody who was even close to being able to physically practice was out there. You saw the result." #NYG

Rolle had a decent game, and it appears all this talk helped.The D played great. I dont care what some losers have to say. One of the best games all year.

gmen0820
12-24-2011, 05:47 PM
I think I'm the only one on this board who likes Rolle and Canty.

M0rbid
12-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Rolle was meh......

nYg24
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM

I love Rolle, he speaks his mind. He's got a regular time slot on the WFAN so he's the only guy you hear. Who knows what the rest of the team thinks. He holds the rest of the team accountable. He's been playing out of position all year and still leads the team in tackles. AND did you see him tackle D-Brick?!!? haha

jjj45
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
I think I'm the only one on this board who likes Rolle and Canty.Some people want to get rid of him. Like who else are we going to get?

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Both? Maybe.

I like Canty but Rolle talks too much past his ability on the field for my liking.

DownWitJPP
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
not true, I been saying all along when everyone else is hanging their heads on the sideline Rolle
is trying to get everyone fired up. He may talk too much at times, but if everyone on the D played with his heart i think we would win alot more games

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 05:55 PM
not true, I been saying all along when everyone else is hanging their heads on the sideline Rolle
is trying to get everyone fired up. He may talk too much at times, but if everyone on the D played with his heart i think we would win alot more games

I'd prefer the defensive players play with skill.

DownWitJPP
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM

I'd prefer the defensive players play with skill. they have him playing out of position all year. he is a SAFETY, not a corner

Itlan
12-24-2011, 05:58 PM

I'd prefer the defensive players play with skill.He's a FS playing nickel corner... he's not going to put up gaudy stats as the nickel.

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 05:59 PM

I'd prefer the defensive players play with skill.He's a FS playing nickel corner... he's not going to put up gaudy stats as the nickel.

I don't need gaudy stats from him. Good, solid, smart play and sound tackling would be more than enough.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Rolle has filled a huge need at Saftey and is doing his best with the nickel spot as its clear prince isnt ready - but crediting him for having fal hands on deck?

This week we were without AB on thurday - no Osi - No herlich - No manningham - Tuck was limited - pretty much par for the course not sure why we'd give him credit for that. Personally i dont like guys running their mouths (seems to be a favorite thing in the jet locker room). I'd rather guys speak by knocking you on your *** or scoring td's a la Emmit Smith. But if your gonna run your mouth you better be a great like strahan or LT in my opinion

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Remind me: what did Rolle do goodtoday? ...or this year?</P>

</P>

</P>

nYg24
12-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Remind me:* what did Rolle do good*today? ...or this year?</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Leads the team in tackles playing some sort of corner/safety/linebacker hybrid. TODAY he did a good job in coverage in at nickel and made some big tackles. What game did you watch?

AND who besides JPP has done anything impressive on defense this year?

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 06:46 PM

Leads the team in tackles playing some sort of corner/safety/linebacker hybrid. TODAY he did a good job in coverage in at nickel and made some big tackles. What game did you watch? AND who besides JPP has done anything impressive on defense this year?</P>

Hum, no INT's, no QB hits, no passes defended, let's up several receptions...and tackles several folks after they make positive yards in his direction. Sorry, nothing to write home about.</P>

nYg24
12-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Leads the team in tackles playing some sort of corner/safety/linebacker hybrid. TODAY he did a good job in coverage in at nickel and made some big tackles. What game did you watch? AND who besides JPP has done anything impressive on defense this year?</P>

Hum, no INT's, no QB hits, no passes defended, let's up several receptions...and tackles several folks after they make positive yards in his direction.* Sorry, nothing to write home about.</P>

i cant take you seriously sorry..

Lemay92
12-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I think I'm the only one on this board who likes Rolle and Canty. Nah i love rolle as much as he talks. He still a very physical player

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Leads the team in tackles playing some sort of corner/safety/linebacker hybrid. TODAY he did a good job in coverage in at nickel and made some big tackles. What game did you watch?

Then limit it to JPP, nothing wrong with that. Also, the idea that he is playing out of position is fair as well. However, if you're playing out of position and not doing it all that well and you continue to talk like you are one of the top defensive players in the league...maybe you should shut up once in a while.

Everyone here is thrilled that Rex Ryan now has to shut up because he talks more than he delivers in results. Why is it so terrible to ask Rolle to live by the same standard?

nYg24
12-24-2011, 06:59 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Then limit it to JPP, nothing wrong with that. Also, the idea that he is playing out of position is fair as well. However, if you're playing out of position and not doing it all that well and you continue to talk like you are one of the top defensive players in the league...maybe you should shut up once in a while.

Everyone here is thrilled that Rex Ryan now has to shut up because he talks more than he delivers in results. Why is it so terrible to ask Rolle to live by the same standard?

Because Rolle isnt a coach, they shouldnt be held to the same standard. He's trying to light a fire under his team mates. Someone had to speak up.

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Because Rolle isnt a coach, they shouldnt be held to the same standard. He's trying to light a fire under his team mates. Someone had to speak up.

OK.

Good to know that the whole "backing up your words with your play on the field" only applies to coaches.

This is great news for the Antrel Rolles of the world.

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 07:15 PM

Leads the team in tackles playing some sort of corner/safety/linebacker hybrid. TODAY he did a good job in coverage in at nickel and made some big tackles. What game did you watch? AND who besides JPP has done anything impressive on defense this year? Then limit it to JPP, nothing wrong with that. Also, the idea that he is playing out of position is fair as well. However, if you're playing out of position and not doing it all that well and you continue to talk like you are one of the top defensive players in the league...maybe you should shut up once in a while. Everyone here is thrilled that Rex Ryan now has to shut up because he talks more than he delivers in results. Why is it so terrible to ask Rolle to live by the same standard?</P>

+1</P>

You made my point much better than I did. </P>

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Hum, no INT's, no QB hits, no passes defended, let's up several receptions...and tackles several folks after they make positive yards in his direction. Sorry, nothing to write home about.</P>

i cant take you seriously sorry..</P>

And you think I care?</P>

Btw, you could add "no sacks" to my earlier post. Rolle is all mouth. </P>

pjam84
12-24-2011, 07:20 PM
some people obviously don't like rolle around here. i personally think he's a pretty good player. and i'm glad he speaks up. we need someone on this team to speak up. good for rolle, cause no one else has taken much of a stand. i'm glad he cares so much about winning. i wish they all cared that much.

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 07:25 PM
some people obviously don't like rolle around here. i personally think he's a pretty good player. and i'm glad he speaks up. we need someone on this team to speak up. good for rolle, cause no one else has taken much of a stand. i'm glad he cares so much about winning. i wish they all cared that much.</P>

I do appreciate that he seems to care....but I'd appreciate him more if he made some plays.</P>

pjam84
12-24-2011, 07:34 PM
some people obviously don't like rolle around here. i personally think he's a pretty good player. and i'm glad he speaks up. we need someone on this team to speak up. good for rolle, cause no one else has taken much of a stand. i'm glad he cares so much about winning. i wish they all cared that much.</P>

I do appreciate that he seems to care....but I'd appreciate him more if he made some plays.</P>

fair enough. but don't forget, sometimes the best plays a defender can make are plays that the fans don't even typically see on tv. i'm not trying to say he's an elite safety or anything, but i do think he's better than most giant fans give him credit for. and just the fact that he does care so much makes him valuable to our locker room in and of itself. i think most of our defensive problems this year have been coaching issues, and guys being unsure of their assignments. i don't think it's a lack of skill on that side of the ball. hopefully they can keep it together for the next month so we can try and make a run. today was a great start.