PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Giants brass were watching that Seattle defense

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Amazing what a defense can do with a solid linebacking corps.

Sundown
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Nobody fears this defense. I hope Reese gets some quality LBs for once

WiIdcat
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Linebacker is by far the biggest need that's why I hope we draft Ogletree in the first.

G-MANning4Life
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I was very impressed watching them today, especially in the second half. They completely shut down the Skins in the second half, kept the pressure on RGIII, and got their offense back on the field without giving up points. It would be nice if the Giants D could step it up next season.

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, lets emulate a team that has never won a SB.

egyptian420
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Their D is relentless, but RG3 was definitely not 100%.

Either way, I wish our D could play like that.

primetime
01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
1st in points allowed, physical corners, speed rushers, big interior lineman. Pete Carroll and staff built a solid unit on the defensive side.

WiIdcat
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM

A team that's playing a lot better than us this season and actually has a shot at winning the super bowl this year. YES

VBGiantsFan
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Each season is mutually exclusive of each other. That is a dominant defense you watched play the skins.

In Fewells defense, his defense only gave up 17 in the second game vs RGIII. But how they obliterated the Skins in the second half was beautiful.

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
im happier that rg3 has been exposed. i was murdered, esp on here by a couple posters, for claiming that the spread option O they run is to hide whatever flaws shannahan sees otherwise why not utilize more pro nfl offensive strategies? rg3 has shown zero ability to read nfl defenses on the level of true pocket passers. did he even throw for 100 yards? for like the 6th time this year? now its reported shannahan wasnt 100% sold on RG3 and was uncertain about aspects of his game...im happy as a pig in ****.
Dont get me wrong, when rg3 can run, their offense is dangerous. but look at it when the run aspect was removed, rg3 looked incompetent back there. and now with how hes injured his knee this late, and reinjured it after dr andrews begged rg3 not to play (which was news to me, wow how does wash. not IR him after Dr. Andrews gives him their report) i doubt rg3 will ever look as dynamic as a runner. and with the offseason hes gonna have rehabbing, there goes another offseason to learn how to break down nfl defenses...thank god washington has the people in charge that they do. they put all their eggs into this season and its backfired.
i know people are stll gonna feel my opinion is ludacris, thats ok. i have lil doubt im gonna be vindicated next year when rg3 looks like ****. by washington running a strictly spread option offense, they not only have taken away the abilty for rg3 to make mistakes and learn from them as a legit pocket passer, but now hes gonna have some tough habits to break...

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Each season is mutually exclusive of each other. That is a dominant defense you watched play the skins.

In Fewells defense, his defense only gave up 17 in the second game vs RGIII. But how they obliterated the Skins in the second half was beautiful.

When your drafting in the top 5-10 for so many years you should be able to build a good team.

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 08:58 PM
rg3 is unbelievably talented. but hes also unbelievably overrated.

TroyArcher
im happier that rg3 has been exposed. i was murdered, esp on here by a couple posters, for claiming that the spread option O they run is to hide whatever flaws shannahan sees otherwise why not utilize more pro nfl offensive strategies? rg3 has shown zero ability to read nfl defenses on the level of true pocket passers. did he even throw for 100 yards? for like the 6th time this year? now its reported shannahan wasnt 100% sold on RG3 and was uncertain about aspects of his game...im happy as a pig in ****.
Dont get me wrong, when rg3 can run, their offense is dangerous. but look at it when the run aspect was removed, rg3 looked incompetent back there. and now with how hes injured his knee this late, and reinjured it after dr andrews begged rg3 not to play (which was news to me, wow how does wash. not IR him after Dr. Andrews gives him their report) i doubt rg3 will ever look as dynamic as a runner. and with the offseason hes gonna have rehabbing, there goes another offseason to learn how to break down nfl defenses...thank god washington has the people in charge that they do. they put all their eggs into this season and its backfired.
i know people are stll gonna feel my opinion is ludacris, thats ok. i have lil doubt im gonna be vindicated next year when rg3 looks like ****. by washington running a strictly spread option offense, they not only have taken away the abilty for rg3 to make mistakes and learn from them as a legit pocket passer, but now hes gonna have some tough habits to break...

I agree with you 100%

Sundown
I miss the defense of the late 80s; teams feared Giants defense! Every team expected to get ***** slapped, now they look like soft *******. Reese get it done and get some LBs in here.

Flip Empty
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
i know people are stll gonna feel my opinion is ludacris, thats ok
http://i.imgur.com/Rtodp.jpg

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 09:01 PM
lol flip.

with that said, i did go off on a random tangent sorry. in regards to our D, I agree, a lb OR 2, with Kiwi back at DL and an additional capable pass rusher, our D should be very good...

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
rg3 is unbelievably talented. but hes also unbelievably overrated.

He is overhyped.

Drez
01-06-2013, 09:03 PM
I miss the defense of the late 80s; teams feared Giants defense! Every team expected to get ***** slapped, now they look like soft *******. Reese get it done and get some LBs in here.
Hey, did you hear they are going to make Game of Thrones inspired beers? I put a thread up in Entertainment about it.

BuffyBlueII

I am happy too. Like you, I kept stating that RGIII is overrated and a defense that brings it like Pittsburgh Steelers did and Baltimore Ravens did will expose him. Today, just as I predicted would work, after they settled down the Seattle defense took away his middle and short options and forced him to look for the long throws and he couldnít do it. They rattled him and he hates being hit.

Russell Wilson way outplayed RGIII by a mile.

giantsfan420
He is overhyped.better choice of word, thank u. overhyped is exactly what id label him.

titwio
01-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Their LB corps is really solid but, the Skins were carving up that defense just like they were the Giants before RGIII re-injured his knee.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Seattle is still playing.

moosedrool
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Their second round LB, Bobby Wagner, is a stud already. It's not just their LB's. Seattles secondary has 3 studs, and their DL is solid against the run and pass.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
.....and now with how hes injured his knee this late, and reinjured it after dr andrews begged rg3 not to play (which was news to me, wow how does wash. not IR him after Dr. Andrews gives him their report) ....

That's the difference between the Redskins and the Giants.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Their second round LB, Bobby Wagner, is a stud already. It's not just their LB's. Seattles secondary has 3 studs, and their DL is solid against the run and pass.

Man what I wouldn't give to have that Austin pick back.....what a tremendous disappointment that kid has been.

TroyArcher
Seattle is still playing.

Why would a team that has been as successful as the Giants all of a sudden emulate a team that has won a wild card game? I'd prefer the Giants to start trends not follow them.

jomo
Their second round LB, Bobby Wagner, is a stud already. It's not just their LB's. Seattles secondary has 3 studs, and their DL is solid against the run and pass.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so linebackers count for something?!

egyptian420
01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Why would a team that has been as successful as the Giants all of a sudden emulate a team that has won a wild card game? I'd prefer the Giants to start trends not follow them.I dont think they mean to emulate their organization, just their defense, which is certainly better than ours at this point.

mike kennedy
01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
i know people are stll gonna feel my opinion is ludacris, thats ok. i have lil doubt im gonna be vindicated next year whe

n rg3 looks like ****. by washington running a strictly spread option offense, they not only have taken away the abilty for rg3 to

make mistakes and learn from them as a legit pocket passer, but now hes gonna have some tough habits to break...

Poor Dan Snyder poor poor Danny Snyder!
Tim Mara

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Man what I wouldn't give to have that Austin pick back.....what a tremendous disappointment that kid has been.im not given up on him just yet. he has the brute strength to be a force. he was away from the game for 2 yrs. this year is when ill start watching austin and making any opinions on him.

moosedrool
01-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Why would a team that has been as successful as the Giants all of a sudden emulate a team that has won a wild card game? I'd prefer the Giants to start trends not follow them.

Nobody is saying to emulate their entire team, but I wish we had Seattle's entire defense. They are solid at all positions.

TroyArcher
I dont think they mean to emulate their organization, just their defense, which is certainly better than ours at this point.
No doubt but they built their defense by having many years of high draft picks. Giants have not had that luxury.

joemorrisforprez

I think you've read way too much into my post.

I was specifically referring to the linebacker position, not the entire franchise.

Drez
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Man what I wouldn't give to have that Austin pick back.....what a tremendous disappointment that kid has been.
Or even the Chad Jones pick. Just some bad luck with the two of those.

TheEnigma
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
No doubt but they built their defense by having many years of high draft picks. Giants have not had that luxury.

Chris Clemons - UDFA journeyman
Richard Sherman - 5th rounder
Brandon Browner - Former CFL player
Kam Chancellor - 5th rounder
Red Bryant - 4th rounder

They have some good gem finds too.

Sundown
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey, did you hear they are going to make Game of Thrones inspired beers? I put a thread up in Entertainment about it.

You serious!!? No I haven't but ill check it out. I did score a 6 pack of westvleteren 12 which is freeing awesome!!

TheEnigma
01-06-2013, 09:16 PM

I was specifically referring to the linebacker position, not the entire franchise.

They're actually weakest at linebacker technically. It's not a bad unit but the secondary and Dline do the carrying.

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 09:17 PM

That I can agree. Giants LB's have been sub-standard for a long time.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Or even the Chad Jones pick. Just some bad luck with the two of those.

True.

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Chris Clemons - UDFA journeyman
Richard Sherman - 5th rounder
Brandon Browner - Former CFL player
Kam Chancellor - 5th rounder
Red Bryant - 4th rounder

They have some good gem finds too.

So have the Giants. It is very tough to stay on top. Lets see how long the Seahawks last.

GiantWarfare
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Gotta say, watching the Seahawks, I love seeing a defense not give two **** about RG3 and just play relentless aggressive football instead of publicly stating how they're mad at the football gods for pitting RG3 against them in the Wild Card...

Just saying...

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Their second round LB, Bobby Wagner, is a stud already. It's not just their LB's. Seattles secondary has 3 studs, and their DL is solid against the run and pass. Had Wagner and Casey Hayward rated higher than are pick David Wilson

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Seahawks have a great scheme and the players fit together very well especially in the secondary, Earl Thomas plays deep and i free to make plays on the ball and Chancelor is the physical box safety who hits like a mack truck.

TCHOF
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Taking nothing away from the Seahawks, but RG III wasn't even close to healthy. The idea that he was "exposed" today is just silly.

Carter.525
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
love that Seattle D.. that secondary is great

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I dont think they mean to emulate their organization, just their defense, which is certainly better than ours at this point.

That doesn't make them unique, there's about 25 teams that are better defensively.

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Taking nothing away from the Seahawks, but RG III wasn't even close to healthy. The idea that he was "exposed" today is just silly.

At least as silly as the idea that there was anything to "expose" to begin with.

TroyArcher
01-06-2013, 09:27 PM
love that Seattle D.. that secondary is great

They are tough but I think a team with good WR's and a pocket passer will expose them.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM

You mean ludicrous?

TheEnigma
01-06-2013, 09:31 PM
They are tough but I think a team with good WR's and a pocket passer will expose them.

They already harassed Rodgers and Brady quite well. I think SF with Justin Smith healthy and at their place would be the biggest roadblock for them.

Cloud57
01-06-2013, 09:38 PM
here's one of the Giants great defensive scheme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

Harooni
01-06-2013, 09:38 PM
they sure took away morris. i hope reese was watching ,yuou dont put in 2nd string lb's and hope for the best.

Drez
01-06-2013, 09:42 PM
they sure took away morris. i hope reese was watching ,yuou dont put in 2nd string lb's and hope for the best.
How was their front 4 playing?

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
That I can agree. Giants LB's have been sub-standard for a long time.

At this point, I'll take a linebacker that can shed a block....that would be an improvement over the guys we have now.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
here's one of the Giants great defensive scheme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

LMAO.

Harooni
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
How was their front 4 playing? pretty good got after RG3, tuck would have needed an asthma inhaler.

also fedex field is horribl;e has one of the worse fields its like dirt not real grass and kept poorly ,slows down the d a bit. dan Schneider should feel ashamed rg3 cut and moves and he couldnt keep his footing.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Maybe the Seattle brass was watching our defense in the playoffs last year.
You know....the one that won the SB............

Drez
01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
pretty good got after RG3, tuck would have needed an asthma inhaler.

also fedex field is horribl;e has one of the worse fields its like dirt not real grass and kept poorly ,slows down the d a bit. dan Schneider should feel ashamed rg3 cut and moves and he couldnt keep his footing.
Yeah. My point was when the DL is playing well, that frees up a lot of things for the LBs.

Rudyy
01-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah..what happened to that team that won the SB...

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah..what happened to that team that won the SB...
Can't win every year.
Last season was a surprising and wonderful gift.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM

If so, Seattle did a better job than the Giants this year.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
If so, Seattle did a better job than the Giants this year.
As I said...You can't win every year.

ELI_Iz_God
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM

Yeah, because our LB dominated so hard this season....

Pksoze
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Before praising Seattle lets see how they do against a healthy Falcons team on the road. The RGIII we faced was much more dangerous than the guy they faced.

egyptian420
01-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Can't win every year.
Last season was a surprising and wonderful gift.....therefore we can afford to go out this year and be the 2nd worst total defense in the league (25th against the run, 28th against the pass), dead last in sacks, Webster getting lit up play after play...?

Sure the odds of repeating are slim to none, but by no way does that excuse such a pathetic performance from the defense this year. I do still respect the the guys we have, especially because of how they came out in week 17 but the inconsistency (with the offense as well) was just unacceptable.

I don't see a problem with pointing out the positive aspects of other teams that we can benefit from in the future, especially when they pertain to a rival of ours that we struggled against both times this year.

L.T.56
01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
well hopefully they strike gold in the draft finding some secondary help or get a free agent or else the secondary is gonna be just as bad next year.

Buddy333
01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Their LB's looked good but their DL and secondary looked better. RG3 was hurting all game. Take nothing away from what Seattle did but he was not healthy. He couldn't run and he couldn't plant his foot to throw. Oh, and notice how when the defense did give up 14 points to start the game the offense came to life. The Giants failed on both sides of the ball this season.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
....therefore we can afford to go out this year and be the 2nd worst total defense in the league (25th against the run, 28th against the pass), dead last in sacks, Webster getting lit up play after play...?

Sure the odds of repeating are slim to none, but by no way does that excuse such a pathetic performance from the defense this year. I do still respect the the guys we have, especially because of how they came out in week 17 but the inconsistency (with the offense as well) was just unacceptable.

I don't see a problem with pointing out the positive aspects of other teams that we can benefit from in the future, especially when they pertain to a rival of ours that we struggled against both times this year.

First of all we weren't the 2nd to the worst defense in the NFL in total defense. We were second to last in yards per game and that's it. We were 12th in scoring and we were 3rd in take aways.
I'm not saying we were a great or even good defense, but we aren't the 31st best defense in football.
Unless you actually believe that yards/game is the only way to gauge the quality of a defense.

Secondly......Well I forgot....just revert back to the first point.

Oh yeah...read your stats, we were not last in sacks. We were 21st with 33 sacks. We were first (lowest) in sacks given up with 20.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:06 PM
LBers? Are you kidding me? That's what you see when you watch this defense. Look at that secondary, Sherman/Browner/Chancellor/Thomas. Look at that DL, Clemons/Irvin/Bryant/Mebane/Branch. LBers are their weakest unit!

Drez
01-06-2013, 11:06 PM
First of all we weren't the 2nd to the worst defense in the NFL in total defense. We were second to last in yards per game and that's it. We were 12th in scoring and we were 3rd in take aways.
I'm not saying we were a great or even good defense, but we aren't the 31st best defense in football.
Unless you actually believe that yards/game is the only way to gauge the quality of a defense.

Oh yeah...read your stats, we were not last in sacks. We were 21st with 33 sacks. We were first (lowest) in sacks given up with 20.I think 420 was talking about sacks by the DL only.

radar-ray
01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I agree with you 100% + 100%. Griffen won't last long running that college Offense, and without the ability to run RG111 is Bob111. Same goes for the RB, the tailored o scheme is the key.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:09 PM
I think 420 was talking about sacks by the DL only.
I doubt that's true. And I also doubt our D line is last in sacks.
This isn't the first time a poster has made that mistake since the season ended.

gmen0820
01-06-2013, 11:10 PM
I hope they do emulate the Seahawks...

And not take a LBer before the second round.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:15 PM
....therefore we can afford to go out this year and be the 2nd worst total defense in the league (25th against the run, 28th against the pass), dead last in sacks, Webster getting lit up play after play...?

I agree.

I don't expect the Giants to win the Super Bowl every year. But I DO expect the Giants defense to play up to the tradition of this franchise.

Fans don't like missing the playoffs, but if I had to pick a single element of the season that bothered me the most, it was watching a defense that got mauled on the ground, and couldn't defend a 3rd and 20 in the air. Totally unacceptable.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
I agree.

I don't expect the Giants to win the Super Bowl every year. But I DO expect the Giants defense to play up to the tradition of this franchise.

Fans don't like missing the playoffs, but if I had to pick a single element of the season that bothered me the most, it was watching a defense that got mauled on the ground, and couldn't defend a 3rd and 20 in the air. Totally unacceptable.
It was a down year for the D.
Our defense has been dependent on the pass rush for many years now. When we get after the QB we play great defense. When we don't we look terrible.
Thats our defense in a nut shell.

egyptian420
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM

Oh yeah...read your stats, we were not last in sacks. We were 21st with 33 sacks. We were first (lowest) in sacks given up with 20.I checked the ESPN stats and I was wrong....stupid nfl.com....but regardless, our defense was atrocious this year, the games when they played well, they played really well, but the games we played bad, we got annihilated

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Our defense has been dependent on the pass rush for many years now. When we get after the QB we play great defense. When we don't we look terrible.

I agree.....this is a one dimensional defense....when that dimension (the pass rush) is kicking ***, then everything looks great. But this team struggled in all phases - pass rush, run defense, pass coverage.

What I wouldn't give for a linebacker that can blow up a running back.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
I checked the ESPN stats and I was wrong....stupid nfl.com....but regardless, our defense was atrocious this year, the games when they played well, they played really well, but the games we played bad, we got annihilated
Its because we live by the sword and die by the sword. And that sword is our pass rush.
We can argue to the wisdom of this (I would as well) but it did win us 2 SB's. And we played great defense in both those SB runs.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:38 PM
I agree.....this is a one dimensional defense....when that dimension (the pass rush) is kicking ***, then everything looks great. But this team struggled in all phases - pass rush, run defense, pass coverage.
It was a tough year for the secondary.
We don't have any corner's in their prime. Webby is definitely past his best days and Prince and Hosley are still learning. I would say though that Prince is on the verge of being an outstanding corner and Hosley may be on his way as well. We just have to find a way to keep guys healthy. Thats the part that drives me nuts.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:42 PM
It was a tough year for the secondary.
We don't have any corner's in their prime. Webby is definitely past his best days and Prince and Hosley are still learning. I would say though that Prince is on the verge of being an outstanding corner and Hosley may be on his way as well. We just have to find a way to keep guys healthy. Thats the part that drives me nuts.

Yeah, it's ironic that players were busting on Prince for being too softspoken......turns out he was one of the better players in 2012.

I'm with you on Hosley....he took some lumps as a rookie, but I think he's on track to be a solid corner.

I think Webster will bounce back as well.....he's much better in press coverage....in some ways, he was a victim of Fewell's cover 2.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah, it's ironic that players were busting on Prince for being too softspoken......turns out he was one of the better players in 2012.

I'm with you on Hosley....he took some lumps as a rookie, but I think he's on track to be a solid corner.

I think Webster will bounce back as well.....he's much better in press coverage....in some ways, he was a victim of Fewell's cover 2.

He may or may not bounce back. But unless he's prepared to take a HUGE paycut, he'll be bouncing back on another team.
Personally, I think his ball skills are declining. He can still cover but he's becoming very "Will Allenish" at the point of the catch. And I doubt that's gunna get better.

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
This isn't the first time a poster has made that mistake since the season ended.i remember during one of the last games, iirc it was vs balt, the commentator mentioned our DL has the least amount of sacks of every DL in the nfl. i havent checked recently, but i can guarantee our DL was one of the fewest producing DLs in sacks...our top guy had 6.5, osi had 6 iirc and tuck 3? L. Joseph had 4 iirc, canty with 2...the DL didnt come close to expectations

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
i remember during one of the last games, iirc it was vs balt, the commentator mentioned our DL has the least amount of sacks of every DL in the nfl. i havent checked recently, but i can guarantee our DL was one of the fewest producing DLs in sacks...our top guy had 6.5, osi had 6 iirc and tuck 3? L. Joseph had 4 iirc, canty with 2...the DL didnt come close to expectations
I'm sure thats no the case as well. Our team relies on the D line for pass pressure. Many or most other teams use their linebackers and secondary to rush the passer as well.

GoDeep80
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes, lets emulate a team that has never won a SB.Lets emulate a defense that has their team still in the playoffs while our sorry asses are home.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:53 PM
He may or may not bounce back. But unless he's prepared to take a HUGE paycut, he'll be bouncing back on another team.
Personally, I think his ball skills are declining. He can still cover but he's becoming very "Will Allenish" at the point of the catch. And I doubt that's gunna get better.

I hope they can rework his contract....not sure how much of a better deal he'll command on the open market given this year.

But considering how the secondary is always wiped out before Week #1, I'm very leery of letting anyone go.

giantsfan420
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
edit- i mind ****ed that...my bad

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I hope they can rework his contract....not sure how much of a better deal he'll command on the open market given this year.

But considering how the secondary is always wiped out before Week #1, I'm very leery of letting anyone go.
Good point.

BK07071
01-06-2013, 11:57 PM
You people are kidding me .....right???? You expect Perry Fewell to give us a good defense????? Give me a break !!!!! He had the premier front four pass rushers in the league and what did he do with them ? Where was the pass rush this year? What did we finish as far as a defensive unit is concerned.....what somewhere at the bottom of the pack!!!! Do you really expect the Giants to be better next year with Perry Fewell still in charge of the defense?????

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
edit- i mind ****ed that...my bad
Where does it say that? It has Tampa at #1 and they only had 27 sacks. Less than us.

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0201/ny_g_fewell_b1_576.jpg

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 12:06 AM

DE- Chris Clemons- Undrafted
DT- Brandon Mebane- 3rd round pick
DT- Red Bryant- 4th Round Pick
DE- Bruce Irving- 1st round Pick

OLB- Leroy Hill- 3rd Round Pick
MLB- Bobby Wagner- 2nd Round Pick
OLB- K.J. Wright- 4th Round pick

CB- Richard Sherman- 5th Round Pic
CB- Brandon Browner- Undrafted
SS- Cam Chancellor- 5th Round Pick.
FS- Earl Thomas- 1st Round pick

only 2 1st round picks. only 5 picks from the 1st 3 rounds.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Where does it say that? It has Tampa at #1 and they only had 27 sacks. Less than us. the giants DL had 24 sacks with two weeks to play. they got 0 vs balt and i think tuck got 1 vs vick? 25 sacks by the DL which was 31rst. but i misread a lot of that info, cant quite find much except this article http://articles.mcall.com/2012-12-22/news/mc-giants-defense-newsday-20121222_1_defensive-coordinator-perry-fewell-tuck-and-mathias-kiwanuka-jason-pierre-paul

sucks when they say stuff during the game and i cant verify it. i know 100% they said our DL was last among DLs in sacks, they spent a few minutes discussing how its playing into our collapse...

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 12:10 AM
DE- Chris Clemons- Undrafted
DT- Brandon Mebane- 3rd round pick
DT- Red Bryant- 4th Round Pick
DE- Bruce Irving- 1st round Pick

OLB- Leroy Hill- 3rd Round Pick
MLB- Bobby Wagner- 2nd Round Pick
OLB- K.J. Wright- 4th Round pick

CB- Richard Sherman- 5th Round Pic
CB- Brandon Browner- Undrafted
SS- Cam Chancellor- 5th Round Pick.
FS- Earl Thomas- 1st Round pick

only 2 1st round picks. only 5 picks from the 1st 3 rounds.Didn't realize Sherman was a 5th Round pic, we are never that lucky especially on the defensive side.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 12:11 AM
I guarantee you our D line is somewhere in the middle of the pack in sacks. How many teams play a 3-4 and get many or most of their sacks from the outside linebackers?

Imgrate
01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Didn't realize Sherman was a 5th Round pic, we are never that lucky especially on the defensive side.Stevie brown...

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Stevie brown...I meant from the draft

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 12:16 AM
I guarantee you our D line is somewhere in the middle of the pack in sacks. How many teams play a 3-4 and get many or most of their sacks from the outside linebackers?they were including that to the best of my knowledge. all i know, they and it was daryl johnston so whatever game we got him during the last month or so, "one thing i cannot believe and it goes to show the issues the giants are having, is their DL has the least amount of sacks of any DL unit..." and they did their back n forth for a good 3-5 min which is quite a while during an nfl game...i remember it bc it stood out to me with how poorly our de's were playing...joseph ad 4 sacks which is good for a DT and canty had 2 in 9 games with a couple i felt he got shafted on the credit

joemorrisforprez
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
You people are kidding me .....right???? You expect Perry Fewell to give us a good defense????? Give me a break !!!!! He had the premier front four pass rushers in the league and what did he do with them ? Where was the pass rush this year? What did we finish as far as a defensive unit is concerned.....what somewhere at the bottom of the pack!!!! Do you really expect the Giants to be better next year with Perry Fewell still in charge of the defense?????

I'd really like to see how sacks break down based on rushers (i.e. 4 man rush, 1 blitzer, 2, etc.).

One of my biggest gripes about Fewell is that he didn't seem to have a killer instinct.....I lost track of how many times the opponent was faced with 3rd and long and converted because of a 3 or 4 man rush that just gave the QB all day.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 12:27 AM
they were including that to the best of my knowledge. all i know, they and it was daryl johnston so whatever game we got him during the last month or so, "one thing i cannot believe and it goes to show the issues the giants are having, is their DL has the least amount of sacks of any DL unit..." and they did their back n forth for a good 3-5 min which is quite a while during an nfl game...i remember it bc it stood out to me with how poorly our de's were playing...joseph ad 4 sacks which is good for a DT and canty had 2 in 9 games with a couple i felt he got shafted on the credit
I'll give you an example. The Broncos had 52 sacks this season. Their D line had 21. Our D line had 24.5. (and I'm not counting Kiwi who probably had a few as a DE.
So our D line had more sacks in the D line than one of, if not THE best sacking defense in football.
Your point is silly.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I'll give you an example. The Broncos had 52 sacks this season. The D line had 21. Our D line had 24.5. (and I'm not counting Kiwi who probably had a few as a DE.
So our D line had more sacks in the D line than one of, if not THE best sacking defense in football.
Your point is silly.Von Miller essentially matched their whole DL total.

We don't have a Von Miller-like talent to get sacks, especially in that amount, from our LB position.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Von Miller essentially matched their whole DL total.

We don't have a Von Miller-like talent to get sacks, especially in that amount, from our LB position.
Thus my point about 420 being full of ****. Many teams D lines had fewer sacks than ours.
Our defensive scheme doesn't use LB's a lot in the pass rush. As I said we rely on the D line. This year they didn't get it done. Last year in the playoffs they did.

Sean Montemayor
01-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Ha.

Sean Montemayor
01-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Seattle's got Atlanta next.

Sean Montemayor
01-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Seattle is pretty good. But they are beatable, just like anyone else.

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Seattle is pretty good. But they are beatable, just like anyone else.The fact that they beat us, I want to see them lose next week.

L.T.56
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
wilson pretty much was the difference maker this year. they had the same defense and running game last year but with tavaris jackson at the helm. all they needed was a franchise quarterback and now they have one.

DandyDon
01-07-2013, 01:12 AM

Hard to read (or understand) all that, but I agree with the theme. Hope all the "running qb" fans here take that as an example of why its not the way to go in the NFL.

Did you all see the underthrown interception RG3 threw? That his knee was actually buckling when he threw the ball? This is his first season in the NFL and he has already been seriously hurt in 3 games.

He is a talented kid, but if he (and his coaches) dont change that offense soon, he will not last long.

Sean Montemayor
01-07-2013, 01:42 AM
The fact that they beat us, I want to see them lose next week. You mean Atlanta?

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Thus my point about 420 being full of ****. Many teams D lines had fewer sacks than ours.
Our defensive scheme doesn't use LB's a lot in the pass rush. As I said we rely on the D line. This year they didn't get it done. Last year in the playoffs they did.lmao are u kidding? im merely saying what was broadcast during our game. u may be right that they dont count OLB, damn for the amount of bs u spew here nightly, pretty quick to go to that level. now im gonna actually try and look for whatever they were talking about.

and considering our top sack guy was 6.5, dont think iitll be that hard to figure. ill go thru every teams dl stats if i have to. man i just realized i was letting my blood pressure rise bc of MS lmfao almot made a rookie mistake. eh, u dont believe me or think im full a ****? great, go sit on a cactus.

TheBookOfEli
01-07-2013, 02:26 AM
That's how are D played back in 2008. Most of the guys on that 08' squad are old and done.

Marvelousmik
01-07-2013, 03:03 AM
That's how are D played back in 2008. Most of the guys on that 08' squad are old and done.

Its too obvious

Captain Chaos
01-07-2013, 06:16 AM
You have to feel that they will do something about the LBing position, we've been week for a very long time.

egyptian420
01-07-2013, 07:21 AM
You have to feel that they will do something about the LBing position, we've been week for a very long time.I've been thinking this for a few years now but we'll probably just address it with late round picks or get some average guys in FA.

I can almost guarantee we're going to get a DE in the first round, and I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

bigjeep
01-07-2013, 07:38 AM

RG3 was playing on one leg in the second half. Made it a lot easier not having to chase him around!

GCGiant
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
I think the Giants got a call from the NFL FO around mid-season informing them they were being written out of the script for this year...but also informed TC, KG, Eli and the rest to stay ready because they were pretty sure they were going to be called-on next year...

a4gmen
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I have a feeling that Seattle will go deep into the playoffs.They have that hungry look about them, like we did last year.Love to see both of the Harbaughs eliminated from the playoffs. Can't stand either one of them.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Thats our defense in a nut shell.Ive been trying to nail this home all year but it isnt sinking in. Giants problems dont stem from LB play its the disintegration of the DLine. Put another elite pass rusher on the other side of JPP and watch as the Giants problems magically disappear. Phillips being hurt was a big deal 2

egyptian420
01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
I have a feeling that Seattle will go deep into the playoffs.They have that hungry look about them, like we did last year.Love to see both of the Harbaughs eliminated from the playoffs. Can't stand either one of them.Honestly, Seattle is the only team left in the NFC that I wouldn't mind winning the Superbowl. I hate all the other remaining teams in the NFC.

On the other hand, I'm cool with everyone in the AFC except the Pats.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 09:17 AM
lmao are u kidding? im merely saying what was broadcast during our game. u may be right that they dont count OLB, damn for the amount of bs u spew here nightly, pretty quick to go to that level. now im gonna actually try and look for whatever they were talking about.

and considering our top sack guy was 6.5, dont think iitll be that hard to figure. ill go thru every teams dl stats if i have to. man i just realized i was letting my blood pressure rise bc of MS lmfao almot made a rookie mistake. eh, u dont believe me or think im full a ****? great, go sit on a cactus.
No...What you did was report something "you thought you heard" and with no facts to back it up, you report it as fact to support your position.

Drez
01-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Ive been trying to nail this home all year but it isnt sinking in. Giants problems dont stem from LB play its the disintegration of the DLine. Put another elite pass rusher on the other side of JPP and watch as the Giants problems magically disappear. Phillips being hurt was a big deal 2Yeah. It seems Giants fans are stuck on the '80s Giants as far as LB is concerned. Our defense is primed through DL play, particularly DEs. If the DL plays well the LBs magically look a lot better (except in covering that deep middle part of the zone, lol.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah. It seems Giants fans are stuck on the '80s Giants as far as LB is concerned. Our defense is primed through DL play, particularly DEs. If the DL plays well the LBs magically look a lot better (except in covering that deep middle part of the zone, lol.
But what IS true..is that we have used the performance of our D line to mask the shortcomings we have in other areas.
When you have a dominant pass rush, you can get away with a weak secondary and LB's. Thats why our defense is so up and down. When matchups or injuries go against us up front we look like we can't stop anybody.
Maybe we need to get away from this practice.

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Seattle's got Atlanta next.The Seahawks match up well with all the other Teams they have to play. all Atlanta has is Julio and White which I believe Browner and Sherman can easily handle one on one. then Chancellor on Gonzalez and boom everyone is shut down. then Seattle has always had a good run defense and their pass rush is amazing. They match up just as well against the packers as well I mean the only NFC team that should give the Seahawks trouble might be the 49ers and that's just their defense.

NYGisBallin
01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
The Seahawks match up well with all the other Teams they have to play. all Atlanta has is Julio and White which I believe Browner and Sherman can easily handle one on one. then Chancellor on Gonzalez and boom everyone is shut down. then Seattle has always had a good run defense and their pass rush is amazing. They match up just as well against the packers as well I mean the only NFC team that should give the Seahawks trouble might be the 49ers and that's just their defense.

I agree. I think the seahawks can handle ATL. Not sure if ATL can stop Lynch on the ground either.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
The Seahawks match up well with all the other Teams they have to play. all Atlanta has is Julio and White which I believe Browner and Sherman can easily handle one on one. then Chancellor on Gonzalez and boom everyone is shut down. then Seattle has always had a good run defense and their pass rush is amazing. They match up just as well against the packers as well I mean the only NFC team that should give the Seahawks trouble might be the 49ers and that's just their defense.
Seattle is a dangerous team and I would say that the Falcons game is a near toss up. But ultimately, the young QB will probably do them in. He was great yesterday at times but did make a few horrible throws that should have been picked.
Both RG and Wilson are the beneficiaries of a great running game. Makes it easier to be a rookie QB.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Lets not forget that Seattle got incredibly lucky. Sherman and Chancellor were 5th round picks, Browner was undrafted.

No other team in the league has an elite CB who was a 5th round pick, nevermind three probowl type starters in its secondary who were 5th round or later.

And if you look at the rest of that defense, almost all of them are mid-late round picks. It was almost all luck that they built a good defense.

The only first round picks are the rookie Bruce Irvin, and Earl Thomas.

As for how good they were against RG3, they looked worse than the giants did the first two drives before RG3 got hurt again. And they have the added benefit of practicing against a QB who can run all season.

Flip Empty
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
the young QB will probably do them in.
I agree with this. Atlanta don't go down easy at home. I think it'll be too much for the rookie.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:21 PM

We also donít have a defensive mind in this organization that approaches Pete Carrols.

JJC7301
01-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Last year everyone was saying, "Look what you can do with multiple top-flight DE's."

I'd focus on strengthening the D-line (especially DE) and getting to the QB, rather than LB.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Actually, he was exposed just like he was against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. If he had been healthy and been running, that ravenous seattle defense would have knocked him out of the game early. After calming down, Seattle defense took away his short and middle options and forced him to look downfield and the guy canít throw downfield.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
We also donít have a defensive mind in this organization that approaches Pete Carrols.
You are a real one trick pony with this coaching thing.
This coaching regime has won 2 SB's. And BTW.. they did it with 2 playoff runs where we played great defense.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Our defense at no time last year even approached what this Seattle Seahawks defense is capable of. Our defense has not been in that class for years now.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM

The defense played this season like they usually play, they suck.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Our defense at no time last year even approached what this Seattle Seahawks defense is capable of. Our defense has not been in that class for years now.
Well lets find out together this weekend. We'll see if the Seahawks shut out the Falcons like we did last year in the playoffs.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM

Oh yeah...read your stats, we were not last in sacks. We were 21st with 33 sacks. We were first (lowest) in sacks given up with 20.

VDC, you are hilarious. lol............

By your own words, it is your ďjobĒ to point out to people that Eli is not great and that he is what he is and yet you attempt this feeble endeavor of defending our defense. lol....... Our defense is garbage and has been for quite some time. They are what they are.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
VDC, you are hilarious. lol............

By your own words, it is your “job” to point out to people that Eli is not great and that he is what he is and yet you attempt this feeble endeavor of defending our defense. lol....... Our defense is garbage and has been for quite some time. They are what they are.
Stop with the Eli stuff. We're talking about our defense.
Three questions.

1. Were we 12th in point against this season?
2. Were we 3rd in takeaways?
3. Are preventing scoring and taking the ball away, important in playing defense?

.....and I have no idea what "VDC" means.

dezzzR
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
You are a real one trick pony with this coaching thing.
This coaching regime has won 2 SB's. And BTW.. they did it with 2 playoff runs where we played great defense.They were also big reasons we missed the playoffs this year and the year before the superbowl.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I'll give you an example. The Broncos had 52 sacks this season. Their D line had 21. Our D line had 24.5. (and I'm not counting Kiwi who probably had a few as a DE.
Your point is silly.

Von Miller, Outside LB for Denver Broncos had 18.5 sacks in 2012 so it is logical that the defensive line would have less of an urgency on it to produce sacks and be more geared toward run stopping when this type of production is given from the LBing corps. Of course you know this but failed to include it to help bolster your argument. Once again VDC, you have failed in your attempts to try and defend our garbage defense. Try again.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Well lets find out together this weekend. We'll see if the Seahawks shut out the Falcons like we did last year in the playoffs.

They are playing at The Georgia Dome. Atlanta Falcons are a much different team when they are home.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
They were also big reasons we missed the playoffs this year and the year before the superbowl.

+1

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Not including Von Miller in Denver's DL is nonsense. Miller lined up at DE most of his snaps. He just stood up instead of putting his hand on the ground.

barran21
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM

It's amazing when you draft high for a few years and that talent finally shines, Since Eli became the starter the highest we have drafted is 15....

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Not including Von Miller in Denver's DL is nonsense. Miller lined up at DE most of his snaps. He just stood up instead of putting his hand on the ground.
Isn't that the definition of a 3-4 outside LB?

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Isn't that the definition of a 3-4 outside LB?

Yes. Which is really the position he played.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes. Which is really the position he played.
Well I think that's the point.
Otherwise LT and Derek Thomas would have to be called DE's.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Well I think that's the point.
Otherwise LT and Derek Thomas would have to be called DE's.

And the point was that denver didnt have a great DL, but got pass rush from elsewhere. You could say the same thing about every 3-4 defense. The OLBs are the pass rushers. Denver ran a hybrid, but essentially Miller was their primary pass rush threat.

So the argument that the Denver DL was somehow subpar because they didnt have many sacks is incorrect

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
And the point was that denver didnt have a great DL, but got pass rush from elsewhere. You could say the same thing about every 3-4 defense. The OLBs are the pass rushers. Denver ran a hybrid, but essentially Miller was their primary pass rush threat.

So the argument that the Denver DL was somehow subpar because they didnt have many sacks is incorrect
I'm sorry that's not what the point was at all. My only point in bringing that up was when a poster claimed that our D line had the fewest sacks of any in the league. i told him that made no sense, if for no other reason that there are a ton of 3-4 defenses out there.
It was the only reason I mentioned Denver. Because I knew that a LB led their team in sacks.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry that's not what the point was at all. My only point in bringing that up was when a poster claimed that our D line had the fewest sacks of any in the league. i told him that made no sense, if for no other reason that there are a ton of 3-4 defenses out there.
It was the only reason I mentioned Denver. Because I knew that a LB led their team in sacks.

A better point would have been Atlanta's DL.

Abraham - 10 sacks
Biermann - 4 sacks
Babineaux - 3.5 sacks
Walker - 3 sacks

Only 20.5 sacks total.

Giants had
JPP - 6.5
Osi - 6
Linval - 4
Canty- 3
Bernard - 1
Tuck - 4

Could add Kiwi and Tracy - (3 and 1 respectively) but not positive they were lined up at DL for all of them.

But either way, thats at least 4 more than Atlanta.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 03:43 PM

Abraham - 10 sacks
Biermann - 4 sacks
Babineaux - 3.5 sacks
Walker - 3 sacks

Only 20.5 sacks total.

Giants had
JPP - 6.5
Osi - 6
Linval - 4
Canty- 3
Bernard - 1
Tuck - 4

Could add Kiwi and Tracy - (3 and 1 respectively) but not positive they were lined up at DL for all of them.

But either way, thats at least 4 more than Atlanta.

Well...it was 420.
He "thought" he heard announcers saying our D line had fewer sacks than any in the NFL (even though that seems ridiculous) and then reported it as a statistical fact in this thread.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Yes. Which is really the position he played.If you want to count him as on the defensive line which I have no problem with then you have to count his sack total in with the defensive lines sack total.

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
If you want to count him as on the defensive line which I have no problem with then you have to count his sack total in with the defensive lines sack total.
Except he's a linebacker.

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Not including Von Miller in Denver's DL is nonsense. Miller lined up at DE most of his snaps. He just stood up instead of putting his hand on the ground.Counting him as part of the D line but not his sack total as part of the d line numbers is nonsense.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Except he's a linebacker.many places that keep stats consider the OLB as a DE in a 3-4. Dunno how uve missed that. thats why i was saying i didnt know about that aspect about that DL stat they said during one of the games. i dunno when they claimed our DL has the lowest amount of sacks of any DL, if they include olbs as the DL or not. all i know is that they said that. dont mean to interrupt i just got back home and recalled u stating how full of **** i was for merely saying what the commentators said

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Well...it was 420.
He "thought" he heard announcers saying our D line had fewer sacks than any in the NFL (even though that seems ridiculous) and then reported it as a statistical fact in this thread.is that what happened in ur world? ur the biggest **** starter ever its ****ing hilarious. its to the point im 100% certain u actually enjoy it, which is something i dont feel qualified to do, takes a real special kind of person to enjoy stuff like that and i cant comment on, fortunately

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM

This isn't the first time a poster has made that mistake since the season ended.

i remember during one of the last games, iirc it was vs balt, the commentator mentioned our DL has the least amount of sacks of every DL in the nfl. i havent checked recently, but i can guarantee our DL was one of the fewest producing DLs in sacks...our top guy had 6.5, osi had 6 iirc and tuck 3? L. Joseph had 4 iirc, canty with 2...the DL didnt come close to expectations

Im sorry, but just felt that ur display of **** starting had to be cataloged and given the actual timeline. it went from these posts, which actually stemmed from harmless conversation with me and other posters, to MS and posts hes made recently. i only debate whether to multiquote those posts too, ya know, the one where u call me full of ****, or say im passing of bs as fact, lmfao ur basic **** starting spiel. But then I realize, every single one of us who visits here has seen more than enough of MS and his questionable character just straight ridiculing people for no reason to last us all several lifetimes. man not often i truly get to lmao, but thank u MS. u have given that to me.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Abraham - 10 sacks
Biermann - 4 sacks
Babineaux - 3.5 sacks
Walker - 3 sacks

Only 20.5 sacks total.

Giants had
JPP - 6.5
Osi - 6
Linval - 4
Canty- 3
Bernard - 1
Tuck - 4

But either way, thats at least 4 more than Atlanta.u shouldnt have relied on MS explaining anything. hes so utterly twisted is hilarious. ALL i said, and have said, was that during the balt game iirc, one of the commentators brought up how our DL was last in sacks among DLs in the NFL. thats all. i dunno whether the OLB was figured into it or what?
but then what really happened, something didnt fit into MS's logic, so, he did what he always does, completely distort and attack some poor smuck who doesnt even realize thats being done, in this case, me. I wasnt even talking about it with MS lmfao, he just jumped in out of nowhere and started his same ol spiel.

as i stipulated, it was a few weeks ago, and that by the end of the season it could very well change. i found a webstie that had us 31rst ranked DL sacks of 12/31/12 but they were incorporating front 7s and it was just an extended formula for a basic stat i cant seem to find, sacks by DL only. and id be willing to bet we're near the bottom of the league in that department.

if u or anyone wish to discuss this further, id love to. its why i brought it up. I couldnt believe it myself really either when i heard it, only bc of the names we have on our DL. the DL just didnt get the job done and its a big reason we're watching the playoffs w/o the nyg

BuffyBlueII
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
We are still waiting for Marvelousmilk and MS (VDC) to prove their accusation that Giants420 and DarkSaint are the same person.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 09:43 PM
lol mods already put that rumor to bed while insinuating that it was one of them who actually has multiple user names lmfao

joemorrisforprez
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeah. It seems Giants fans are stuck on the '80s Giants as far as LB is concerned. Our defense is primed through DL play, particularly DEs. If the DL plays well the LBs magically look a lot better (except in covering that deep middle part of the zone, lol.

There's no comparison between the 1980's and today at linebacker.

Kelly, Van Pelt, Carson, Taylor, Banks, Reasons......take your pick, anyone of those guys would be far and away the very best linebacker on this current team.

And as far as the defensive line is concerned, I'd take the 80s version as well.....at least they could play the run and occupy blockers.....I was sick to my stomach watching Osi make a fool of himself on the edge v. the run. He should have opened a toll booth to collect on everyone who blew through his lane.

Fortunately, our current team has the greatest QB in Giants history.....Eli Manning is the reason that the Giants have 2 Super Bowls.

Teams have this defense figured out.....get the ball out quick, because the back 7 can't shed blocks or gang tackle......or stay on the ground, and run toward wherever Osi is.

B&RWarrior
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM

How has RG3 been exposed. He played the game on one leg. FYI if he was healthy Redskins win easy. The reports oh Shanahan being unhappy with RG3 are hogwash. The kid will learn to play under center, something he did zero of at Baylor. A rookie can't get "exposed" his rookie year. Troy Aikman was awful his rookie year as are most rookie QBs. This year was the exception rather than the rule. He'll be running just as fast next and because of the injury he will have learned his lesson about sliding and running out of bounds. He is still the most accurate of all the rookie QBs this year even when under pressure.

You make a valid point in that he would have been better served to learn how to play under center and be an effective drop back passer earlier than later. His ability to read defenses, look off safeties, play from under the center, and run and control the offense entirely is still under question. I just don't think you can run an NFL offense that exposes the QB to that level of punishment.

rtr1105
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
That defense is gonna be good for years to come. Their linebackers are all over the field, and they got one hell of a secondary. Richard Sherman is developing into one of the league's best shutdown corners. Brandon Browner isn't bad either, and Earl Thomas is a good safety with a nose for the ball. Although it didn't really show at times yesterday, their D-Line isn't bad either. They struggled to get pressure on RG3 early on, but they eventually had their moments. But I'd love to have a solid, young MLB like Bobby Wagner.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
How has RG3 been exposed. He played the game on one leg. FYI if he was healthy Redskins win easy. The reports oh Shanahan being unhappy with RG3 are hogwash. The kid will learn to play under center, something he did zero of at Baylor. A rookie can't get "exposed" his rookie year. Troy Aikman was awful his rookie year as are most rookie QBs. This year was the exception rather than the rule. He'll be running just as fast next and because of the injury he will have learned his lesson about sliding and running out of bounds. He is still the most accurate of all the rookie QBs this year even when under pressure.

You make a valid point in that he would have been better served to learn how to play under center and be an effective drop back passer earlier than later. His ability to read defenses, look off safeties, play from under the center, and run and control the offense entirely is still under question. I just don't think you can run an NFL offense that exposes the QB to that level of punishment.im not critiquing rgknees skills at all. hes got em. it was pretty much an un****able situation, and they ****ed it up somehow someway lmao. and he tore his acl and mcl, latest reports that his knee needs more mris bc the acl tear he had in 09 is messing with the diagnosis. lets just say, his knee is royally ****ed. he can still be fast in a couple yrs, but expect him to look more like donovan mcnabb in terms of scrambling than vick.

and thats also my point, rgknee was exposed bc his offense was exposed. take away the run threat and make him a passer, and he looks incompetent and lost. and rightfully so, washington never bothered teaching him to read defenses. that 1 read option bs is gonna have produced some bad habits as well. i feel sorry for rgknee, the redskins decided to gamble on this yr at the risk of the future.

and thats 100% been verified, shannahan wasnt 100% sold on rgknee predraft. i guess it was the complete lack of fundamentals in reading defenses he learned in college??? its not like he was ever an under center QB, most people fail to realize that. hes never been in any system that is reminiscent of an nfl offense.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
just having the arm isnt the only requisite. its what seperates guys like manning and drew hanson...the mental approach and ability to break down the game as it happens or even earlier. not saying rg3 cant be that guy, hes just never showed any sort of trait that leads me to believe he will. accuracy only matters when ur going to the right places with the ball, otherwise, its just a gift wrapped int...

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 12:11 AM
u shouldnt have relied on MS explaining anything. hes so utterly twisted is hilarious. ALL i said, and have said, was that during the balt game iirc, one of the commentators brought up how our DL was last in sacks among DLs in the NFL. thats all. i dunno whether the OLB was figured into it or what?
but then what really happened, something didnt fit into MS's logic, so, he did what he always does, completely distort and attack some poor smuck who doesnt even realize thats being done, in this case, me. I wasnt even talking about it with MS lmfao, he just jumped in out of nowhere and started his same ol spiel.

as i stipulated, it was a few weeks ago, and that by the end of the season it could very well change. i found a webstie that had us 31rst ranked DL sacks of 12/31/12 but they were incorporating front 7s and it was just an extended formula for a basic stat i cant seem to find, sacks by DL only. and id be willing to bet we're near the bottom of the league in that department.

if u or anyone wish to discuss this further, id love to. its why i brought it up. I couldnt believe it myself really either when i heard it, only bc of the names we have on our DL. the DL just didnt get the job done and its a big reason we're watching the playoffs w/o the nyg

Stop obsessing over me. Its unattractive.