PDA

View Full Version : Our coaching staff lacks creativity on offense and defense

WinterIsComing
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
After watching a few playoff games this weekend, it's apparent to see we have limited creativity from our coordinators. Maybe even TC is the blame partially for the calls, I'm not sure. I'm not saying we need to run trick plays, but well designed blitz packages on 3rd downs and creative shore/medium offensive plays (other than shotgun draw) would greatly benefit us.

Morehead State
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
After watching a few playoff games this weekend, it's apparent to see we have limited creativity from our coordinators. Maybe even TC is the blame partially for the calls, I'm not sure. I'm not saying we need to run trick plays, but well designed blitz packages on 3rd downs and creative shore/medium offensive plays (other than shotgun draw) would greatly benefit us.
I tend to disagree with this. But I do think they are stubborn in what they think works.
But the schemes they use are actually very creative.

primetime
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
It's the playoffs, teams have 16 weeks of film on eachother, coordinators implement a few different formations to give opponents a new look. Also did you see how many times Seattle ran the shotgun draw? It worked well, but it's also nice to have Marshawn Lynch carrying the ball.

TCHOF
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
It's the playoffs, teams have 16 weeks of film on eachother, coordinators implement a few different formations to give opponents a new look. Also did you see how many times Seattle ran the shotgun draw? It worked well, but it's also nice to have Marshawn Lynch carrying the ball.

Also saw both teams throw some bubble screens

mike kennedy
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Management pleads Plausable Denialbility on this topic.

appodictic
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I was thinking about this today. You are rit we don't have creativity. And believe it or not we don't need it!

That year we defeat the undefeated patriots....how did we do it. Almost twice?

Execution! We don't rely on secret plays! When we are on our game people Might know what is coming but it does not matter because they can't stop it!

DandyDon
01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Execution! We don't rely on secret plays! When we are on our game people Might know what is coming but it does not matter because they can't stop it!

This is actually true for most successfull teams. Teams that run gadget plays mostly run them because they have to, not because they want to.

Unfortunately for us, the Giants only executed on some weeks, not so much on other weeks. But I would also be in favor of more in-game adjustments from our coaching staff.

Zaggs
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
I tend to disagree with this. But I do think they are stubborn in what they think works.
But the schemes they use are actually very creative.

I would say its a combo problem. The schemes they have may be creative, but the coordinators are not creative enough in adjusting their schemes as time goes on. Hence the annual midseason swoon.

OX1
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM
This is actually true for most successfull teams. Teams that run gadget plays mostly run them because they have to, not because they want to.

Unfortunately for us, the Giants only executed on some weeks, not so much on other weeks. But I would also be in favor of more in-game adjustments from our coaching staff.

Coaching staff needs to have a back up plan on both sides of the ball
(harder on D as I don't feel we have the talent). This is especially true on offense.

It has to be designed and perfected in the off season, you can not try to bring it
out mid season and expect it to work. Ideally, you would even use it during the season,
for surprise and/or to just practice it.

Can't keep on hoping that "just executing the plays you have" will always suceed.
This year it did not. I find it hard to believe there is NO other alternative, like several on
this board seem to preach.