PDA

View Full Version : What about the offense?

Buddy333
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Surprised at how many poste there are about the defense and how few there are about the offense. That unit was just as bad if not worse than the defense this year. The defense has issues for sure. They no longer have a fearsome DL that gets to the QB and that hurts their secondary that was thin at points and just plain bad at times. The offense was horrible too. Was thinking they need to rebuild the OL, but they where probably better than last year. To many 3 and outs and to many field goals. Can't always count on the big play. This unit needs to be a lot better next year.

giant-4-life
01-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I see Diehl, snee and baas gone. those 3 scare the hell out of me.

L.T.56
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
the only position on offense they need help on is o-line. all the other positions are pretty much good they just have to execute better.

BigBlueAllDay
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Re-sign Manningham after the 49ers dump him like they dumped Jacobs.

poppa smurph
01-06-2013, 11:30 PM
The O-line is really the only thing that needs to be addressed in the off-season, offensive wise.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM
The draft and free agency need to restock linebackers and offensive linemen.

ELIte4MVP
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM

Diehl is probably gone. But who will replace snee and baas considering we will probably need a new RT and possibly a new LG

Buddy333
01-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Why LG? Thought Boothe was good this year. The only spot that is a must is RT. also, hope that they resign Beatty.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:33 PM

Diehl should stay, but as a backup....I think he'd be far more effective coming off the bench, fully healthy.

They'll need to get by with Baas and Snee....they need to upgrade the RT position, for sure.

joemorrisforprez
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Why LG? Tough Boothe was good this year. The only spot that is a must is RT. also, hope that they resign Beatty.

They need more interior power.....Boothe is okay, and Beatty, but I wouldn't mind getting some serious competition going.

gumby74
The O-line is really the only thing that needs to be addressed in the off-season, offensive wise.

I agree with this. That and I expect Eli to bounce back.

Rudyy
O-line is the number one priority.

Buddy333
01-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I agree with this. That and I expect Eli to bounce back.If Eli plays like he did this year they will be in trouble no matter how good the OL is.

Buddy333
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Also health would be nice, but that is a given.

big blue dog
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
our oline definetly need to be one of the top prioretys this off season we have a franchise QB with only so many years left. and hes not mobile so how ever they do it freeagency or the draft it has to be done and i know a lot of people want locklear back but his injury was serios and he is not young

ELIte4MVP
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Why LG? Thought Boothe was good this year. The only spot that is a must is RT. also, hope that they resign Beatty.

Just cause boothe is a fa. I thought he did well too and want him back, I was just mentioning its a possibility.

big blue dog
01-06-2013, 11:55 PM
boothe was ok it would be nice if the giants can get some nasty oline men i know hes not afree agent but a guy like ritchie incognito hes nasty and mean thats what we need.

Buddy333
01-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Just a couple of years ago they did seem nasty. Not dirty, just nasty.

Cloud57
01-06-2013, 11:57 PM
I like the Skins Oline, the run blocking is awesome.

big blue dog
01-07-2013, 12:03 AM
they had different personel thats why the rebuild is imparative they dont get push anymore

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 12:04 AM
O-line is where we need to spend the majority of our picks. Only Beatty's job should be safe...

big blue dog
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
+1 give flarety some studs to work with and i think alot of elis problems came from hits and pressure there were not alot of sacks cause of elis pocket presense he made it look better than it was.

gumby74
01-07-2013, 09:55 AM
O-line is where we need to spend the majority of our picks. Only Beatty's job should be safe... Beatty is a free agent. And I doubt we re-sign him because he'll probably get a lucrative contract elsewhere.

Flip Empty
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Baas isn't going anywhere. Snee will probably stick around, too. I wouldn't be shocked if Diehl is allowed to fulfil his contract. Loyalty and all...

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Don't see them bringing back Diehl unless he takes a really big pay cut. Isn't he due like $7 million next year? That money needs to go to Beatty.

talbot
01-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I think Snee's troubles were a by-factor of Diehl struggling at RT. Overcompensation, etc.

speedman
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Surprised at how many poste there are about the defense and how few there are about the offense. That unit was just as bad if not worse than the defense this year. The defense has issues for sure. They no longer have a fearsome DL that gets to the QB and that hurts their secondary that was thin at points and just plain bad at times. The offense was horrible too. Was thinking they need to rebuild the OL, but they where probably better than last year. To many 3 and outs and to many field goals. Can't always count on the big play. This unit needs to be a lot better next year.Tell that to the coaches.

Zaggs
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Bring Diehl back, but don't have him play tackle. Would like to see if he could handle guard (which is where I think he started with the Giants). Also would like to see Locklear back as well. Snee is fine, Baas will be back. Beatty will be back if the price is right.

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Beatty is the most important player they have to worry about this off season. Not bashing Diehl but he was not playing great at OG a year or two ago. Time to move on unless he plays for cheap. His money needs to go to Beatty.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Bring Diehl back, but don't have him play tackle. Would like to see if he could handle guard (which is where I think he started with the Giants). Also would like to see Locklear back as well. Snee is fine, Baas will be back. Beatty will be back if the price is right.Some of those names should be backups. We need stars at the O-line. KG is kind of predictable so a powerful O-line with a good blocking te like Bennett would be great.

RagTime Blue
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
So if Diehl is due $7M, and he's released before camp, I believe that's still a $7M cap hit for next season. JR might keep him because of that, but the unfortunate thing is that TC would probably start him.

Every year for the past three years, I've wanted the Giants to grab the best interior lineman available in the first round. We've drafted some decent guys, it seems, but I'd really like the ability to run the ball on 3rd and 1 again.

Eliscruzzz
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I see Diehl, snee and baas gone. those 3 scare the hell out of me.Snee?? I really don't see him going anywhere...

Eliscruzzz
01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
If Eli plays like he did this year they will be in trouble no matter how good the OL is.lol, you don't think an unhealthy Nicks and Bradshaw and the crappy play of our o-line had anything to do with Eli's play this year?? Come on you know better then that.

big blue dog
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
+1

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
lol, you don't think an unhealthy Nicks and Bradshaw and the crappy play of our o-line had anything to do with Eli's play this year?? Come on you know better then that.Nicks did have something to due with it but he is a $100 million QB. The OL was bad last year and Bradshaw was banged up last year too. He needs to play better.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
So if Diehl is due $7M, and he's released before camp, I believe that's still a $7M cap hit for next season. JR might keep him because of that, but the unfortunate thing is that TC would probably start him.

Every year for the past three years, I've wanted the Giants to grab the best interior lineman available in the first round. We've drafted some decent guys, it seems, but I'd really like the ability to run the ball on 3rd and 1 again.Yea we can run on that third and one can open things up one the pass. I want that O-line who can tire the D-line most of the time. This can really help the offense.

I thought we could make it on the talent of our receivers more but to me Reuben and Hixon wasn't that much of a impact.

EliDaMANning
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Diehl should stay, but as a backup....I think he'd be far more effective coming off the bench, fully healthy.

They'll need to get by with Baas and Snee....they need to upgrade the RT position, for sure.I hope DD doesn't stay because someone from the o line is bound to get injured and that means DD is going to start games for us.

OX1
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Surprised at how many poste there are about the defense and how few there are about the offense. That unit was just as bad if not worse than the defense this year. The defense has issues for sure. They no longer have a fearsome DL that gets to the QB and that hurts their secondary that was thin at points and just plain bad at times. The offense was horrible too. Was thinking they need to rebuild the OL, but they where probably better than last year. To many 3 and outs and to many field goals. Can't always count on the big play. This unit needs to be a lot better next year.

Even if we upgrade on O-line, still believe a back-up scheme needs to be
developed instituted (a well developed short game).

If our O-line and/or top recv's go down again, we will be on the same boat as this year.
Would also be nice to be able to mix that in every now and then, for surprise and/or just practice.