PDA

View Full Version : Any, uhh... chance... that Warmack falls to #19?

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Most mocks have Warmack (from alabama) going between 8-12, but I did see one that had him drop all the way to the 22nd pick. If he falls we could use someone on the interior line. Snee is due to tank anytime now, and Boothe is below-average at best (although I'd keep him and move him to C if we got Warmack since Baas is just downright terrible). That said, he's most likely gone before 19.

Jake Matthews (OT - TA&M) is another good one if he falls that far, though like Warmack I doubt it.

Eric Fisher (OT - central michigan) could easily fall that far, but he might be a bit of a reach... plus, he's played LT at college, and its a RT we need...

Only one thing's for certain. We need OL, desperately...

Eliscruzzz
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Maybe, but expect The Giants to draft a defensive player first. I think we need help more there 1st.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Where are you getting this idea that Baas is a bad player? Watch the eagles game. He was tremendous.

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Well I wouldn't be surprised to see a DE or LB go since Reese loves him some pass rushers, but OL is our most dire area of need. Only reason their blocking was passable this season was because we kept max protecting all the time...

Ezekiel Ansah (DE - Brigham Young) could theoretically go at #19...

RagTime Blue
01-07-2013, 11:46 AM
If we are able to re-sign Beatty, I expect the Giants will probably go defense in round 1. If we lose Beatty, JR will panic and draft a tackle.

Baas isn't going anywhere. . .too much cap invested in him.

And if you look historically at how the Giants fill the offensive line, it tends to be with low draft picks and FA's. Then again, before last year, that's how we handled RB's.

Toadofsteel
Where are you getting this idea that Baas is a bad player? Watch the eagles game. He was tremendous.

Because the Eagles had no pass rush at the end there, plus having an O-line coach calling plays for the defense didn't help.

Baas (like DD) can function serviceably when playing inferior pass rush. But against anything a playoff-quality team will throw at you, it just all breaks down...

JesseJames
although I wouldn't like it I do think we will pick another DE in round 1, this is a passing league and we might be losing Osi and Tuck .

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Baas isn't going anywhere. . .too much cap invested in him.

Unfortunately, I do have to agree with this argument... When is he an FA? 2014?

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
They need a DE first.

foxie
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
" You can't have enough pass rushers"- Reese, with Osi most likely gone & Tuck just a fond memory of his former self, DE 1st IMHO, JPP needing a 2nd threat & our secondary exposed for lack of pass rush all year.......DE,!

Carter.525
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
if Warmack makes it to the Rams.. I think they take him

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Since he is a guard, there is always potential for him to drop to the 2nd half of the draft. Don't forget about DeCastro last year.

tdawg1413
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
I would certainly hope so but I feel there is no way he gets past Dallas.

JJC7301
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Toadofsteel, I used to clamor for o-line being drafted in the 1st round, but I've come around to the way that JR does things in not spending 1st round picks on O-line and LBers. We've won 2 recent SB's with the philosophy of spending the picks at d-line (espeically DE), WR and the secondary.

In SB 42, our o-line was Diehl (drafted 5th rd, I believe), Seubert (drafted late, I believe), O'Hara (FA from Cleveland who was not exactly high profile when signed), Snee (drafted high 2nd round) and McKenzie (high profile FA).

In SB 46, it was Diehl, Boothe (not highly drafted), Baas (a FA whom I'm comfortable with now), Snee and McKenzie (who was not resigned after winning the SB).

I want SOME new blood on the o-line too, but I think that the FO has done a good job, overall, assembling o-lines capable of winning SB's without building them using too many FA's and high draft picks (except for Snee).

Give me a healthy AB or a new # 1 RB (Wilson or Brown), and I believe that our o-line will look improved.

TCHOF
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM

. . . or last year's Super Bowl. He played very well againt Wilfork.