PDA

View Full Version : My Wishlist of Cuts:

shane4177
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Marvin Austin - wasted pick....sad
David Bass - overpayed and does just ok
Ramses Barden - flashed one game........invisible for the rest
Rocky Bernard - old and time for him to move on
Ahmad Bradshaw - watching him play is painful, and probably painful for him with those bad feet/ankles and knee issues
Dave Diehl - do I really need to say why......WELL past his prime
Mark Herzlich - I feel for him I do in regards to the cancer thing, I battled it myself so........but I don't I don't think he will work out here
Keith Rivers - ALWAYS hurt.........waste of a 5th round pick!
Tyler Sash - hits hard but thats about it
Justin Tuck - Last 2 years were........did he play for us from 2011 - 2013?
Corey Webster - Can't cover worth a darn anymore........from the sideline views after he got burned, I didn't see a player that really cared either

TCHOF
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Please tell us all how you propose to replace our starting C, DE and CB.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
It would be nice to kick most of the players you listed to the curb based on their performances(I don't agree that Bradshaw deserves to go) however you have to consider the depth(or lack thereof) behind some of these guys. Getting rid of Tuck and Osi would be nice, but who is left behind them? The same problem exists at CB as well, Corey Webster played like garbage this season but do we really want to risk potentially having to play Justin Tryon?

shane4177
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM
TCHOF/ShakeandBake,

I would move Boothe to C, draft or FA a G/C for depth. For DE, draft in the early rounds for a stud, and we have Tracey and Ojomo to groom. CB I would definately draft, and maybe find a vet to school the young guys. Bradshaw is a shell of his former self.......do you really think one more year will help him get back into good enough health to help the run game? He hurts us more playing injured than anything else........and I don't see him gracefully taking a backup/short yardage back role.

beakybird
01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I believe Barden, Rivers and Bernard are all UFA anyways.

Don't see cutting Bradshaw. He still runs hard and gives the Giants offense a fiery attitude that Eli, nor anyone else doesn't provides. He's still got a reasonable salary and despite his injuries and Giants spotty Oline play still had a 4.6 ypc. Wilson is a great HR hitter, but can;t pass block worth a damn yet. That may be he best part of Ahmad's game. The Giants have enough areas to improve, namely the O-Line, a pass rusher to go on the other side of JPP, a big man run stopper DT and a good cover corner. Lets leave the RB's alone. I see an awesome two headed monster with Wilson and Ahmad in 2013. If the Giants can improve the line, this may be a top 5 rushing unit. Ahmad will be even better IMO with fewer carries. I really don't know what you guys are seeing about Ahmad that indicates he's any less than he was. He's not the long threat he was in '07, but he's no slouch and still pretty young (26).

Diehl will be renegotiated and brought back. Great veteran depth though he may not be a weekly starter anymore. Baas will be hard to cut with that contract. I'm an advocate of cutting Webster though his play wasn't as bad as many think. Everyone points to the Raven game but he was right there on most of those passes, Flacco just made very good throws and Torrey Smith can be a hard man to cover. But he can represent some cap room and isn't worth his contract (7M next year-his last under contract). BUT CB's are hard to come by and I don't know if they will be able to find a viable replacement. Prince is improving but still not great. Terrell Thomas will never be the same if he even comes back so forget about him. Hosley played ok at times, but I wouldn't want him starting weekly. Tuck needs to go without question.

shane4177
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
I believe Barden, Rivers and Bernard are all UFA anyways.

Don't see cutting Bradshaw. He still runs hard and gives the Giants offense a fiery attitude that Eli, nor anyone else doesn't provides. He's still got a reasonable salary and despite his injuries and Giants spotty Oline play still had a 4.6 ypc. Wilson is a great HR hitter, but can;t pass block worth a damn yet. That may be he best part of Ahmad's game. The Giants have enough areas to improve, namely the O-Line, a pass rusher to go on the other side of JPP, a big man run stopper DT and a good cover corner. Lets leave the RB's alone. I see an awesome two headed monster with Wilson and Ahmad in 2013. If the Giants can improve the line, this may be a top 5 rushing unit. Ahmad will be even better IMO with fewer carries. I really don't know what you guys are seeing about Ahmad that indicates he's any less than he was. He's not the long threat he was in '07, but he's no slouch and still pretty young (26).

Diehl will be renegotiated and brought back. Great veteran depth though he may not be a weekly starter anymore. Baas will be hard to cut with that contract. I'm an advocate of cutting Webster though his play wasn't as bad as many think. Everyone points to the Raven game but he was right there on most of those passes, Flacco just made very good throws and Torrey Smith can be a hard man to cover. But he can represent some cap room and isn't worth his contract (7M next year-his last under contract). BUT CB's are hard to come by and I don't know if they will be able to find a viable replacement. Prince is improving but still not great. Terrell Thomas will never be the same if he even comes back so forget about him. Hosley played ok at times, but I wouldn't want him starting weekly. Tuck needs to go without question.

I really feel like Brown was better than AB......ran with power, full steam, north and south. AB got stuffed at the LOS ALOT!

B-Red22
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
TCHOF/ShakeandBake,

I would move Boothe to C, draft or FA a G/C for depth. For DE, draft in the early rounds for a stud, and we have Tracey and Ojomo to groom. CB I would definately draft, and maybe find a vet to school the young guys. Bradshaw is a shell of his former self.......do you really think one more year will help him get back into good enough health to help the run game? He hurts us more playing injured than anything else........and I don't see him gracefully taking a backup/short yardage back role.

Bradshaw rushed for +1000 yards this year with a crappy line, I would hardly call that a shell of himself

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
TCHOF/ShakeandBake,

The guy was playing broken all season, by far and away was more injured than he ever has been in his career, and still managed to put up 1000+ yards. I do not see him returning to the team next year and becoming more injured than he was this year, especially considering he will not have to shoulder the entire load next year. Point is that the guy was the best running back on the team this year with two broken wheels, and even in the last game of the year when Wilson got the same amount of carries as AB did, he still managed to outperform him.

I don't think that anyone thinks that Bradshaw should shoulder the entire load but to say that the guy's career is over is ludicrous.

G-MENBK
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Bradshaw rushed for +1000 yards this year with a crappy line, I would hardly call that a shell of himself

There were games where he was getting most of the touches and that only hurt us more. Hopefully next season, Brown and Wilson will get more carries. Add in Bradshaw with healthier feet, I see our running game being highly potent, more so if we can fix the O-line.

beakybird
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
I really feel like Brown was better than AB......ran with power, full steam, north and south. AB got stuffed at the LOS ALOT!

At times Brown did look better than Bradshaw, but I don't see him as anything more than a short yardage back. I don;t see him contributing at all to the pass game, whether it be blocking or as a receiver. Ahmad can block and can make a few plays catching the ball. Wilson I think will be a very good receiver but he HAS to learn to block. Two things Coughlin demands of his RB are holding onto the ball and pass blocking. Wilson seems to lack in both areas though his ball handling seemed solid late in the year when he got another chance.

Hard to distinguish how much of Ahmad's getting stuffed was the line or him. The Oline did a bad job in the run game most of the time. But the numbers still don't lie, he was still very effective at 4.6 ypc. Then there are the intangibles such as the afore mentioned blocking and his leadership and fire. I see no reason why Wilson and Ahmad can't split carries with Brown serving short yardage (don't know his contract status though). Can't agree with anyone that advocates getting rid if Ahmad, he's done nothing but bleed for the Giants and is still effective.

BMW
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Please tell us all how you propose to replace our starting C, DE and CB.Find random people on the street, not like it would make a difference.

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Cut Austin, Baas, Barden, Bernard, Diehl, Tuck, and Webby. Move Boothe to C and draft a new guard (Warmack would be nice).

I think Rivers stays unless we get Ogletree at #19, he's been good when healthy, the main issue is that he hasn't been healthy all that much. Herzlich im ambivalent about. A new inside LB would be nice, but otherwise i'm happy to stick with Blackburn for one more year, unless somehow Manti Te'o falls to #19 (which is pretty much impossible). Also since I would like to see Kiwi back at DE full time we need to keep more LB in the fold.

-JPP/Kiwi/Tracy/Ojomo would be our DE rotation, Canty/Joseph/Kuhn at DT.
-Prince/Hosley would be our starting CBs (Before you say Hosley is terrible, by the Ravens game Webby was getting targeted over Hosley, so automatic improvement, not even considering Hosley's upside), let Hill or Rolle take on that nickel position and run 3 Safety Set as our primary nickel package to take advantage of our tremendous depth at Safety (though it does mean that we really do need to keep KP and/or Stevie in-house)
-Bradshaw stays but from here on out carries will be transferred more to Brown and Wilson. No need to ruin this guy's feet...
-Sash's fate depends on our core 4 safeties: KP Stevie Rolle and Hill. If we lose one, Sash will stay. If not, we could part ways with him...

One guy I think we pick back up at least for a reserve/future contract is Jacobs. He could get a fair chance to compete in camp. If he can't beat out Da'Rel Scott, we haven't lost anything. It's pretty much zero-risk. I know we keep saying "it's time to move on from Jacobs" but the fact is JR offered him a contract last year, it's not like Jacobs burned the bridge on the way out as he was just going to the bigger offer, and he says he would only ever play for the Giants from here on out, so I think he could come very cheap for 1 year...

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Bradshaw rushed for +1000 yards this year with a crappy line, I would hardly call that a shell of himself1000yrds so what? that's 62 yards a game, many RBs can do that.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
I dont agree, but i understand your desire to want the guys with the big contracts gone.

But why Tyler Sash? He gets paid pennies, hes one of the best ST players in the league.

dave56dj
01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Marvin Austin - wasted pick....sad - he had his first year in having 2 out of the game - he gets a nother chance next year.
David Bass - overpayed and does just ok (we have no backup who has shown he will be better, cordle does not seem to be answer)
Ramses Barden - flashed one game........invisible for the rest (Will battle in camp and if he beats out competition why let him loose)
Rocky Bernard - old and time for him to move on (a rotational guy at best but probably done)
Ahmad Bradshaw - watching him play is painful, and probably painful for him with those bad feet/ankles and knee issues (4.6 per carry wasnt to painful)
Dave Diehl - do I really need to say why......WELL past his prime (agreed david is done)
Mark Herzlich - I feel for him I do in regards to the cancer thing, I battled it myself so........but I don't I don't think he will work out here (still only in third year - really got lost in the wash and over pursued this year but is still a factor on st's - will compete for spot but didnt look like out new mike)
Keith Rivers - ALWAYS hurt.........waste of a 5th round pick! (Wasnt our pick - looks good when on the field, but rarely there)
Tyler Sash - hits hard but thats about it (St player but with hill and brown may be odd man out - but what is kp's future)
Justin Tuck - Last 2 years were........did he play for us from 2011 - 2013? (I certainly hope so cuase he had 2 sacks in sb and one led to 2 pts - guy has declined but is unlikely to go)
Corey Webster - Can't cover worth a darn anymore........from the sideline views after he got burned, I didn't see a player that really cared either
(You didnt see a player who cared? No idea what that means - i guess you can read his mind - guy had a down year but has been our best cover for year - hopefully it was just that and not age. The latter would be a problem but hopefully prince and hosley progress next year)

Fans have to learn to appreciate what some of these guys have given to blue - Yes its a business but fans talk about tuck/ webster/ diehl like they are bums - these were 3 players who were VERY instrumental in 2 sb victories - while they may be nearing the end the talk is awfully callous and fans seem to forget far to quickly.

jaxnygmen
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I agree with some of the post. Austin and barden are bust. Throw Jerrnigan into that mix as well. Not sure bernard would have played that much if Rodgers did not have the clot. Bradshaw will return. Dieh, I have wanted him gone for years. It is Luke P all over again. Herz is just a good special teams player. Rivers can be a gem if we can keep him healthy. Sash can go, Tuck will probably resign. He will be easier to bring back that OSI. Webster should be cut.

CDN_G-FAN
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I dont agree, but i understand your desire to want the guys with the big contracts gone.

But why Tyler Sash? He gets paid pennies, hes one of the best ST players in the league.

+1

moosedrool
01-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I would move Boothe to C.

Boothe's butt is too big to play center.

moosedrool
01-07-2013, 09:24 PM

I don't remember Sash making any plays on special teams, so I checked PFF. They grade every player on every play, even special teams. Sash graded out at -5.0, 1024th out of 1033 players! Awful. Just like when he is on the field playing safety.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't remember Sash making any plays on special teams, so I checked PFF. They grade every player on every play, even special teams. Sash graded out at -5.0, 1024th out of 1033 players! Awful. Just like when he is on the field playing safety.

Lol. PFF has absolutely no clue about ST play. At all.

moosedrool
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Lol. PFF has absolutely no clue about ST play. At all.

I would think people who grade every player on every play have more than "no clue". That's a pretty lame statement.

So tell me, what does Sash do on special teams for you to crown him one of the best in the NFL?

Sash on special teams had 2 tackles, 2 missed tackles, and 2 penalties! One of the best in the NFL?

joemorrisforprez
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Marvin Austin - wasted pick....sad
David Bass - overpayed and does just ok
Ramses Barden - flashed one game........invisible for the rest
Rocky Bernard - old and time for him to move on
Ahmad Bradshaw - watching him play is painful, and probably painful for him with those bad feet/ankles and knee issues
Dave Diehl - do I really need to say why......WELL past his prime
Mark Herzlich - I feel for him I do in regards to the cancer thing, I battled it myself so........but I don't I don't think he will work out here
Keith Rivers - ALWAYS hurt.........waste of a 5th round pick!
Tyler Sash - hits hard but thats about it
Justin Tuck - Last 2 years were........did he play for us from 2011 - 2013?

I think every player you mentioned needs to be pushed next year.