PDA

View Full Version : Weren't we interested in M.Lynch a couple seasons ago?

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
just curious as to the opinion shared here about how our team would have looked with M.Lynch, if we still win those SBs, how different the team would look, etc etc.

id say if anyone compares to Lynch, itd be Bradshaw. So dunno how much of a difference it would have made. the guy runs like a complete beast. I wonder what ended up ending our interest in him...

ny06
01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Seattle stole him from Buffalo. All it took to get Lynch from Buffalo was a fourth-round pick and a 2012 conditional pick.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
just curious as to the opinion shared here about how our team would have looked with M.Lynch, if we still win those SBs, how different the team would look, etc etc.

id say if anyone compares to Lynch, itd be Bradshaw. So dunno how much of a difference it would have made. the guy runs like a complete beast. I wonder what ended up ending our interest in him...A multitude of issues with a deal. First off, character was a huge problem. Trade compensation would have been another, he went for a fourth and a conditional. And I think the biggest issue was that his contract only had two years on it, meaning if he does good (money as a likely motive), we either break the bank or lose him, and if he sucks, it's a bad trade and we lose him.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Seattle stole him from Buffalo. All it took to get Lynch from Buffalo was a fourth-round pick and a 2012 conditional pick.At the time they acquired a serious head case who had only amassed roughly 600 yards the past couple years, and also never played a full season in his career.

I think Lynch returning to the west coast was the best thing for his career.

Oh, and he wasn't too impressive his first year in Seattle either.

GiantWarfare
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM

id say if anyone compares to Lynch, itd be Bradshaw. So dunno how much of a difference it would have made. the guy runs like a complete beast. I wonder what ended up ending our interest in him...

TBH I'd say Bradshaw is a poor man's Lynch, their running styles are extremely comparable but one is more talented than the other.

Aside from his character concerns Lynch possesses elite talent. Arguably the hardest back to bring down in the league, good vision/cutback ability, can break loose on any given play and most importantly is an every down back. He's not Adrian Peterson but he's a beast in his own right.

Character issues and a poor resume in Buffalo were why we didnt go after him.

gumby74
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
we have no oline. he wouldn't have done doo doo here.

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Runners like Lynch and Morris seem to fit "our system" better than Wilson does.

GameTime
01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Runners like Lynch and Morris seem to fit "our system" better than Wilson does.
we really dont know what Wilson can do yet within the Giants system.

To the OP....so Lynch has a good year and all of a sudden he woudl make a great Giant??

GameTime
01-07-2013, 07:12 PM
TBH I'd say Bradshaw is a poor man's Lynch, their running styles are extremely comparable but one is more talented than the other.

Aside from his character concerns Lynch possesses elite talent. Arguably the hardest back to bring down in the league, good vision/cutback ability, can break loose on any given play and most importantly is an every down back. He's not Adrian Peterson but he's a beast in his own right.

Character issues and a poor resume in Buffalo were why we didnt go after him.
Bradshaw a poormans Lynch??....
yeah..ok

giantyankee1976
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
we have no oline. he wouldn't have done doo doo here.

BANG !!!

THIS !!!

well said.

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Ya, i was down on it at the time, but kudos to GMEN and Seahawks showing they had interest, becuase obviously he had a ton left in the tank and was worth the gamble..

I still think we should of traded for Tony Gonzalez when we had a chance more then anything.. 3yrs of top notch play he'd of gave us, and possibly enough to get one more win and make the postseason this yr..

GiantWarfare
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Bradshaw a poormans Lynch??....
yeah..ok

I believe Lynch is the more talented back.

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM

I'd say Bradshaw is the better receiver and pass blocker but he just doesn't possess the frame to compete with Beastmode's physical ability. It's hard to really compare them though since Bradshaw is constantly injured and Seattle does have a better run blocking offensive line. Bradshaw doesn't have a Guile's theme highlight though and that's what matters most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEGdqgxz5t4

GameTime
01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
thats alot dif then saying he is a poor man's Bradshaw....