PDA

View Full Version : Osi Umenyiora Will "Bet His Life" Giants' Fans Will Miss Him Next Season

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/07/osi-umenyiora-will-bet-his-life-new-york-giants-fans-miss-him-next-season/

Excerpt: "As of Monday afternoon, 71% of all New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Daily News readers wanted the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants to "dump (http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/fc1efb03-786f-4289-9d52-fc55a4d33268/?source=twitter)" defensive end Osi Umenyiora (http://www.giants101.com/tag/osi-umenyiora/). Having already said it's likely time to move on (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/01/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-now-is-probably-time-to-move-on/), Umenyiora wasn't overly offended that so many fans want him gone, but he had a promise for each of them. In fact, he went as far as to "bet his life" that those 71% of fans would be missing him in 2013.

"That same 71% will be saying 'why didn't the giants re-sign him' next season. Lol. I can bet my life on that!" Umenyiora tweeted (https://twitter.com/OsiUmenyiora/status/288354056185995264).

Giants fans are fickle under head coach Tom Coughlin. They are so used to winning that they've become spoiled. We've seen it with Brandon Jacobs, Plaxico Burress and even Aaron Ross this past season. It's always easy for a fan to say goodbye to an athlete when they expect better results from some fresh blood, but they are often quick to long for what they once had." Read more...

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Can he be serious?

ny06
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Apparently Osi doesn't read these boards. Because 95% of fans will drive him to the airport...

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
This guy will never learn. I thought Shockey had a big mouth but he has nothing on Osi.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Talk about parallel universe

OX1
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
What he means is he is actually going to play hard for his new team and get strips again.
Little does he know the league has changed and passed his skill set behind.......

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Can he be serious?

Unless they find a clone of the 2011 JPP to play opposite of JPP and the real JPP plays like the 2011 JPP and not the 2012 JPP, I think Osi will be correct in his assessment.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
What a way to go...

rebelfan1966
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I like OSI.... I will miss having him on the team.

Roosevelt
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I missed him this year.

Rudyy
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I love how he admits that he should have handled things better here..then proceeds to say we will miss him anyway lolol

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Unless they find a clone of the 2011 JPP to play opposite of JPP and the real JPP plays like the 2011 JPP and not the 2012 JPP, I think Osi will be correct in his assessment.

What in his performance for the last two years makes you think that?

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I missed him this year.

Badda Bing

Morehead State
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/07/osi-umenyiora-will-bet-his-life-new-york-giants-fans-miss-him-next-season/

Excerpt: "As of Monday afternoon, 71% of all New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Daily News readers wanted the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants to "dump (http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/fc1efb03-786f-4289-9d52-fc55a4d33268/?source=twitter)" defensive end Osi Umenyiora (http://www.giants101.com/tag/osi-umenyiora/). Having already said it's likely time to move on (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/01/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-now-is-probably-time-to-move-on/), Umenyiora wasn't overly offended that so many fans want him gone, but he had a promise for each of them. In fact, he went as far as to "bet his life" that those 71% of fans would be missing him in 2013.

"That same 71% will be saying 'why didn't the giants re-sign him' next season. Lol. I can bet my life on that!" Umenyiora tweeted (https://twitter.com/OsiUmenyiora/status/288354056185995264).

Giants fans are fickle under head coach Tom Coughlin. They are so used to winning that they've become spoiled. We've seen it with Brandon Jacobs, Plaxico Burress and even Aaron Ross this past season. It's always easy for a fan to say goodbye to an athlete when they expect better results from some fresh blood, but they are often quick to long for what they once had." Read more...

If he's talking about me...I would load up on life insurance.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
If he's talking about me...I would load up on life insurance.

Proof positive players don't lurk here

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 02:50 PM
What in his performance for the last two years makes you think that?

Osi had a great season last year. He was a dominant force in the games he played in. While he did not play up to standards this season, it will take a miracle to find someone to have the impact this team needs to once again strike fear into opponents as far as the D-line goes. If they do not find a 2011 JPP clone to play opposite JPP and JPP doesn't return to his 2011 form, this D-line will be a joke again next season.

BMW
01-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Well I am sure no one will miss him as much as he missed tackles.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Osi had a great season last year. He was a dominant force in the games he played in. While he did not play well this season, it will take a miracle to find someone to have the impact this team needs to once again strike fear into opponents as far as the D-line goes. If they do not find a 2011 JPP clone and JPP doesn't return to his 2011 form, this D-line will be a joke again next season.

I think we have his replacement on the team already in either Tracy or Ojomo.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Osi had a great season last year. He was a dominant force in the games he played in. While he did not play well this season, it will take a miracle to find someone to have the impact this team needs to once again strike fear into opponents as far as the D-line goes. If they do not find a 2011 JPP clone and JPP doesn't return to his 2011 form, this D-line will be a joke again next season.

The D-line was already a joke this year with the guy. After last years shenanigans and his horrible performance this year, if he isn't willing to take a large paycut(he's not), then kick his *** to the curb.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I think we have his replacement on the team already in either Tracy or Ojomo.

I hope so but I can't confidentally say that the two guys you mentioned individually or even combined will be a sufficient replacement for Tollefson over the long haul let alone Osi.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
The D-line was already a joke this year with the guy. After last years shenanigans and his horrible performance this year, if he isn't willing to take a large paycut(he's not), then kick his *** to the curb.

I didn't say Osi is the answer, I'm just saying it is a very long shot that they will find someone to do much better or heck even as good as 2012 Osi let alone 2011 Osi!

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I hope so but I can't confidentally say that the two guys you mentioned individually or even combined will be a sufficient replacement for Tollefson over the long haul let alone Osi.

Tolefson is gone so it's a moot point. But not having Osi isn't going to set us back. He and Tuck were really terrible. I'd rather have Tracy or Ojomo make newbie mistakes than see Osi miss tackles

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I didn't say Osi is the answer, I'm just saying it is a very long shot that they will find someone to do much better or heck even as good as 2012 Osi let alone 2011 Osi!

He didn't show up this year, so yeah it should not be difficult to find someone to replace his production. 2011 Osi didn't play for half a season and then came on at the end largely because of JPP. You are saying replacing his production will be hard to do as if we are talking about the Osi of 2007.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Tolefson is gone so it's a moot point. But not having Osi isn't going to set us back. He and Tuck were really terrible. I'd rather have Tracy or Ojomo make newbie mistakes than see Osi miss tackles

Newbie mistakes are fine if they learn from them and improve, there's no way to know that they will or if they have any semblance of talent to be good enough to stay on the field or heck just make the roster again next year.

GiantWarfare
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Well if Osi bets his life that I'll miss him then R.I.P dude...

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Newbie mistakes are fine if they learn from them and improve, there's no way to know that they will or if they have any semblance of talent to be good enough to stay on the field or heck just make the roster again next year.

Speaking only for me, I think they both showed a spark that has gone out of both Osi and Tuck. It's a decision Reese is gong to have to make, but when Osi goes out the door, the drama goes with him. Obviously I' m not a huge Osi fan.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
He didn't show up this year, so yeah it should not be difficult to find someone to replace his production. 2011 Osi didn't play for half a season and then came on at the end largely because of JPP. You are saying replacing his production will be hard to do as if we are talking about the Osi of 2007.

Again I am not saying Osi's production has been acceptable, I am just saying good luck finding someone who'll do as good or better or in fact what they really need, someone as good as 2011 JPP.

BMW
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Again I am not saying Osi's production has been acceptable, I am just saying good luck finding someone who'll do as good or better or in fact what they really need, someone as good as 2011 JPP.It would be hard to find someone worse.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Speaking only for me, I think they both showed a spark that has gone out of both Osi and Tuck. It's a decision Reese is gong to have to make, but when Osi goes out the door, the drama goes with him. Obviously I' m not a huge Osi fan.

Ojomo flashed some things in a couple of pre-season games against the 4th stringers and nothing else. Tracy did some nice things but not enough to get regular playing time obviously. I hope they can do some good things for this defense but I am very skeptical and need to see a lot more.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
It would be hard to find someone worse.

Disagree. It could always be worse.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM

Again I am not saying Osi's production has been acceptable, I am just saying good luck finding someone who'll do as good or better or in fact what they really need, someone as good as 2011 JPP.

Finding someone to replace Osi's production and finding someone to match JPP's are two completely different things. I said we could replace Osi's production easily, I didn't say that we could match the production of a top DE however.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Finding someone to replace Osi's production and finding someone to match JPP's are two completely different things. I said we could replace Osi's production easily, I didn't say that we could match the production of a top DE however.

I think my original reply encompassed what this defense really needs. They do not need 2012 Osi or someone who does as good as or worse than that next season (which is not out of the realm of possibility), they really need a 2011 JPP clone to play opposite JPP and then they need JPP himself to play like he did in 2011.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I think my original reply encompassed what this defense really needs. They do not need 2012 Osi or someone who does as good as or worse than that next season (which is not out of the realm of possibility), they really need a 2011 JPP clone to play opposite JPP and then they need JPP himself to play like he did in 2011.

Your comment makes no sense unless you are implying that Osi has been playing at the same level as JPP, because Osi said that we will miss him next year.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Your comment makes no sense unless you are implying that Osi has been playing at the same level as JPP, because Osi said that we will miss him next year.

All I am saying is that as bad as Osi was this year, I believe it could get worse than that and what Osi brings isn't enough anyway.

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Osi gets a bad rap again!! People, Osi didn't just come out and make these comments. The Daily News took a poll and the results were 71% of Giants fans think the team should dump him. Then the Daily News contact Osi, and tells him the results of their poll and ask him for a comment.

What do you want him to say? Of coarse he is going to say "They will miss me" This is such an non story, its a joke.

Osi had a bad year this year. In 2011 he had a sack in every game he played, including a huge strip sack in the divisional game against the Packers. In 2010 he set a record with 10 strip sacks. He has been a great Giant, who had one contract issue. His treatment on these boards is rediculous..

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
He can bet his life all he wants, but he's going to find out exactly what teams really think of him in the offseason. Unless he plays opposite a good DE, he'll be getting doubled and chipped into irrelevance. He's probably going to end up like Babin.

giantscolombia
01-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Talk about parallel universe

This Osi character is a POS.

He barely performed this season and we're going to miss him lol?

giantscolombia
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Well if Osi bets his life that I'll miss him then R.I.P dude...

hahahahahah soooo true

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Osi gets a bad rap again!! People, Osi didn't just come out and make these comments. The Daily News took a poll and the results were 71% of Giants fans think the team should dump him. Then the Daily News contact Osi, and tells him the results of their poll and ask him for a comment.

What do you want him to say? Of coarse he is going to say "They will miss me" This is such an non story, its a joke.

Osi had a bad year this year. In 2011 he had a sack in every game he played, including a huge strip sack in the divisional game against the Packers. In 2010 he set a record with 10 strip sacks. He has been a great Giant, who had one contract issue. His treatment on these boards is rediculous..

Osi saying the he bets his life that the fans will miss him is a non-story? You Osi apologists are really starting to get annoying, Osi hasn't been playing at a high level for years and on top of that has a big mouth and is a selfish player. Also why do you Osi apologists continue to bring up what he has done in the past, no one is questioning that he WAS once a great player.

mike kennedy
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Did Osi play this year? Don't recall seeing or hearing about him in the games.

bandwgn86
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Osi being Osi..

Mlerman17
01-07-2013, 04:14 PM
He will be missed. I just hope we can find someone to replace him.

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Osi saying the he bets his life that the fans will miss him is a non-story? You Osi apologists are really starting to get annoying, Osi hasn't been playing at a high level for years and on top of that has a big mouth and is a selfish player. Also why do you Osi apologists continue to bring up what he has done in the past, no one is questioning that he WAS once a great player.

It would be a story if he just came out and said it. In the context that this all went down, NO, it is an absolute non-story. And please explain when he has been a big mouth or sellfish player. He had one contract dispute. This happens all over the league. TC loves him and already said that he hopes he comes back. Now, obviously he is probably gone, but he was never an issue in the locker room or with any of his teamates. Strahan, allthough I love him, was much more of a headache than Osi ever was.

JB456
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
All I am saying is that as bad as Osi was this year, I believe it could get worse than that and what Osi brings isn't enough anyway.

Dude, I respect Osi for what he did in the past but I am staring to wonder if you watch the Giants at all this year. Osi couldn't get to the QB AND was a complete liability in the run game. Teams were running at him constantly. It couldn't get much worse than this year. I don't even think thats possible.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
It would be a story if he just came out and said it. In the context that this all went down, NO, it is an absolute non-story. And please explain when he has been a big mouth or sellfish player. He had one contract dispute. This happens all over the league. TC loves him and already said that he hopes he comes back. Now, obviously he is probably gone, but he was never an issue in the locker room or with any of his teamates. Strahan, allthough I love him, was much more of a headache than Osi ever was.

Were you not around last season when he was cleared to play yet opted to get knee surgery because of a contract dispute? Osi was more of a malcontent then Strahan ever was.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Dude, I respect Osi for what he did in the past but I am staring to wonder if you watch the Giants at all this year. Osi couldn't get to the QB AND was a complete liability in the run game. Teams were running at him constantly. It couldn't get much worse than this year. I don't even think thats possible.

I can tell you I have seen worse than what we saw this season and I have not missed a game since 1984 when I watched and could remember my first Giants games.

Look at the production of Cedric Jones in 2000 and that team went to a Super Bowl so it definitely can get worse.

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Were you not around last season when he was cleared to play yet opted to get knee surgery because of a contract dispute? Osi was more of a malcontent then Strahan ever was.

Really? Strahan didnt cry about Tom Coughlin, Strahan didn't hold out over a contract. He blew off all of training camp in 2007.

I agree it is time to move on from Osi. But he was a great Giant and doesn't deserve the butt raping he gets on these boards.

dezzzR
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
I didn't say Osi is the answer, I'm just saying it is a very long shot that they will find someone to do much better or heck even as good as 2012 Osi let alone 2011 Osi!I dont think its a long shot to find and youngin who can muster 6 sacks a season and is actually decent against the run. In fact I hope we can find one that produces more than that.

dezzzR
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Osi being Osi..he acts like his **** dont stank. ;)

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Really? Strahan didnt cry about Tom Coughlin, Strahan didn't hold out over a contract. He blew off all of training camp in 2007.

I agree it is time to move on from Osi. But he was a great Giant and doesn't deserve the butt raping he gets on these boards.

Strahan was no angel but Osi was worse, both missed training camp due to contract issues but Osi took it a step further by missing half the season because he opted to have knee surgery after he was medically cleared to play.

dezzzR
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Even with Osi gone, the Giants still have a solid rotation at DE

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Can he be serious?

of course he is,,,it's osi, the clueless wonder.

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I dont think its a long shot to find and youngin who can muster 6 sacks a season and is actually decent against the run. In fact I hope we can find one that produces more than that.

It can get worse, look at Cedric Jones in 2000. Finding someone as good as Osi is not what they need anyway. They need to find someone better as what Osi has brought of late hasn't been good enough even though it could definitely be even worse.

bandwgn86
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Strahan was no angel but Osi was worse, both missed training camp due to contract issues but Osi took it a step further by missing half the season because he opted to have knee surgery after he was medically cleared to play.lets also not forget Strahan>>>>>Osi

bandwgn86
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
he acts like his **** dont stank. ;)definitely time to go seperate ways, last thing the Giants need is Osi to rub off on JPP. hello sir

repeatchamps
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM

I think they can go Kiwi, JPP and Tuck w/ Tracy and maybe Ojomo chipping in but they better find a stud line backer so Kiwi can shift his focus completely away from the line backer position. I really don't know if that would be good enough going forward but something tells me that is how it is going to be so we'll see.

Diamondring
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Well if Osi bets his life that I'll miss him then R.I.P dude...Awesome.

joemorrisforprez
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
I have no issues with Osi.....I just think he should be a 3rd down specialist, and doesn't deserve alot of money in that sort of role.

Some team will definitely wildly overpay for the guy.

I wish him well, though......2 SB Rings isn't bull ****.

Toadofsteel
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
I miss Osi... seeing that scrub (can't remember his name) playing opposite JPP getting all run over by every running back was painful...

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
It's clearly time for him to move on. Some team will def pay him way more than the Giants can or should. It just bothers me to see so many fans on here be so quick to diss him and forget how important he was to this team.

Thanks for your service Osi. Good luck with the next step in your career. Please stay out of the NFC East.

GameTime
01-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I missed him this year.
now thats funny....

GameTime
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM

with whom???

Tuck?? Ojomo? Tracy?......
your guess is as good as mine ......
Have no idea what Ojomo and Tracy will do.
Tuck we know what to expect.
Not backing Osi's statment just questioning yours...

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM

He really was

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:09 PM
It's clearly time for him to move on. Some team will def pay him way more than the Giants can or should. It just bothers me to see so many fans on here be so quick to diss him and forget how important he was to this team.

Thanks for your service Osi. Good luck with the next step in your career. Please stay out of the NFC East.

He lost a lot of us when he "went to" the press to do his contract negotiations. Every player has a right to try to make as much money as he can. But how Osi went about it alienated a lot of fans. I wish him well at his new team.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Going to be amusing when the best deal he can find is for like 2 mil a season.

There are a lot of better DEs on the market this year.

Die-Hard
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I'd bet my life that he stays in the division

Harooni
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Apparently Osi doesn't read these boards. Because 95% of fans will drive him to the airport... lmao

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:13 PM

A lot of betting going on today :rolleyes:

GameTime
01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
it will be tough for him because we see it on TV game film that he slacks on the run game. On coaches tape it has to be way more evident.
He will be the same for another team as he is for the Giants. A situaltional pass rusher. he wont be a starter and he wont get starter $$
Thanks for the good times Osi....
you say the right things at times and then the wrong things.......

Oh well.....good luck to you

jomo
01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
If he regains his old form after signing a new contract, we will miss him. If he plays like he did this year, looking more like a dancing bear than an NFL DE, we will not miss him.

radar-ray
01-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I'd bet my life that he stays in the division This. He will be doing his best to pound Eli 2 x's a year. I believe there will be some sorry fans.

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
He lost a lot of us when he "went to" the press to do his contract negotiations. Every player has a right to try to make as much money as he can. But how Osi went about it alienated a lot of fans. I wish him well at his new team.

Nonsense! Every decent player's contract goes to the media. Will you be hating on Cruz when his negotiations get tough this year.

What about when JPP comes out and wants to be the highest paid defender in the game. You know that is coming. He was already quoted saying if he was Osi he would do the same thing last year.

Why don fans take it personal when a team it negotiating with a player. It's part of the sport. Don't let it hurt your feelings.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Nonsense! Every decent player's contract goes to the media. Will you be hating on Cruz when his negotiations get tough this year.

What about when JPP comes out and wants to be the highest paid defender in the game. You know that is coming. He was already quoted saying if he was Osi he would do the same thing last year.

Why don fans take it personal when a team it negotiating with a player. It's part of the sport. Don't let it hurt your feelings.

I would feel the same way if any of our players whined to the press the way Osi did.

jomo
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I would feel the same way if any of our players whined to the press the way Osi did.I would say that he is entitled to handle himself in any manner he choose. We are entitled to react as we see fit.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I would say that he is entitled to handle himself in any manner he choose. We are entitled to react as we see fit.

I can live with that.

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I would say that he is entitled to handle himself in any manner he choose. We are entitled to react as we see fit.

Agreed, but any NFL player that has any name recognition at all, would have their contract dispute followed by the media. The media is everywhere and they get quotes from both sides of the dispute. It unavoidable. To hold it against a player, in this business is laughable. I never saw one Jet fan give Revis the business, and he would've held out again this summer if he didn't get hurt this year.

It's how the NFl works. Teams can cut players that are under contract, therefore players fight for more money while still under contract.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Agreed, but any NFL player that has any name recognition at all, would have their contract dispute followed by the media. The media is everywhere and they get quotes from both sides of the dispute. It unavoidable. To hold it against a player, in this business is laughable. I never saw one Jet fan give Revis the business, and he would've held out again this summer if he didn't get hurt this year.

It's how the NFl works. Teams can cut players that are under contract, therefore players fight for more money while still under contract.

You're right, but Osi took his plight to the media without any invitation. It wasn't a case of the media following his contract it was Osi putting it out there by sending emails to reporters.

jintsfan666
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Interesting thread. I think of Osi as our defenses D.D.

Harooni
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
This. He will be doing his best to pound Eli 2 x's a year. I believe there will be some sorry fans. he will not pound, he will only go wide and try for the strip sacks. sure he will get a few but in the long run he hurt us with not staying home and stopping the run.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
and wasnt he just as positive he was a top 10 or lmfao even 5 DE? remember he tried saying that? osi is in the business of osi, and hes CEO for a reason. guy knows how to keep his name relevant...injured, FA, extended, doesnt matter. Osi is gonna let us all know how awesome osi is, even if the substance/play on field says otherwise...lol. next year after that teams done with him should it play out that way, im 100000% positive osi will truly believe those fans will miss him...cant knock it tho, his ego is what made him the DE he was when he could back his words with his play. Now, its just annoying.

giantsfan420
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
now thats funny....yeah that truly was. nicely done roosevelt.

Harooni
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I think he wants to stay badly and for reese to give him another 6mil to stay one more year. if reese gets fooled again i will be upset.

ShakeandBake
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I think he wants to stay badly and for reese to give him another 6mil to stay one more year. if reese gets fooled again i will be upset.

There is no way that happens again

embeshAtYa
01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
I missed him this year.
HAHAHAHA

BigBlue1971
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
If he regains his old form after signing a new contract, we will miss him. If he plays like he did this year, looking more like a dancing bear than an NFL DE, we will not miss him.

Osi is coming to the end and he knows it!

i dont know if he can qualify as a "starter" for anyone in the league right now!

hes real close to being done as being an impact!

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
No, will not miss watching him miss tackles and getting pushed out off the play.

nycisgreat
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Can he be serious?

He sure is. The truth is we won't know until the sometime next season to see what he is saying is true or not. The guy still has gas in the tank.

joemorrisforprez
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM

I could totally see him on the Redskins....would be a total Dan Snyder move.

radar-ray
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
he will not pound, he will only go wide and try for the strip sacks. sure he will get a few but in the long run he hurt us with not staying home and stopping the run. I said he will try, not that he will. We all know his rushing style. We'll see what everyone has to say next year, if he's in our division. P.S. Nobody stopped the run this year.

B&RWarrior
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
JPP should be the starting RE and he should not move around that should be his home like LE was Strays home. Osi gave us 6 sacks and bad run defense, exactly what are we going to miss?

Antwuan
01-08-2013, 01:35 AM
I'll miss him.

Osi has been a great for us for a while, he hasn't been the same Osi as of late but throught most of his career has been a great player for us and has helped us win 2 superbowls.

BlueSanta
01-08-2013, 01:40 AM
I missed him this season too.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 07:02 AM
He sure is. The truth is we won't know until the sometime next season to see what he is saying is true or not. The guy still has gas in the tank.

More like fumes

nygfanmaybe
01-08-2013, 07:03 AM
I missed him this year.

I have been coming here will be 9 years this spring and this qualifies as your best post ever if I had to choose. Well done. You said in 5 words what would have taken me a couple of paragraphs...

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Apparently Osi doesn't read these boards. Because 95% of fans will drive him to the airport... Ya, and the other 5pct would but dont have a car..lol

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 07:06 AM
OSI is the biggest idiot i've ever seen in a giants UNI, as far as thinking hes better then he truly is and continuing to think so no matter how little he does for so long.. Its like shut up dude, u stink now and u have for some time, and even through ur entire career, u were injury prone, and rarley put together back to back seasons of solid play...

Go somewhere else, u toolbag!

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I'll miss him.

Osi has been a great for us for a while, he hasn't been the same Osi as of late but throught most of his career has been a great player for us and has helped us win 2 superbowls. Hes played 9seasons with us, and recorded double digit sacks only 3times.. Ya, hes been a good player for us, but very inconsistent, and never was a yr in and yr out driving force, and has always been kinda one dimensional as well, not being able to factor into run defense to well.. Obviously all that said, when u get 75sacks and 32forced fumbles in 9seasons, u done something well, but far from as good as he thinks, and light yrs away from his career high in sacks, which happened many many moons ago, back in 2005..

SweetZombieJesus
01-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I've missed him for the last several seasons.

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I've missed him for the last several seasons.

haha . . . perfect

sheepdip
01-08-2013, 08:58 AM
I missed him this year.

Too funny

sheepdip
01-08-2013, 08:59 AM
its funny when millionaires criticize the fans.

keyofgmen
01-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Who didn't love Osi early on? I certainly miss those days.
But he needs to remember that the Giants did leave window open to see if they got any offers during the contract stuff. No takers for a 2nd round draft choice at the time. Now, after this season, if he thinks his value is any more than 4-5th rounder, he is fooling himself. There is no big payday or starting job left, except, perhaps, for really desperate team. Wouldn't bet on much more than a fading career on the Raiders.
Having said that..I wish him well...

nhpgiantsfan
01-08-2013, 09:02 AM
OSI is the biggest idiot i've ever seen in a giants UNI, as far as thinking hes better then he truly is and continuing to think so no matter how little he does for so long.. Its like shut up dude, u stink now and u have for some time, and even through ur entire career, u were injury prone, and rarley put together back to back seasons of solid play...

Go somewhere else, u toolbag!

I guess you missed the Jeremy Shockey era.. Guy was never once in TC's doghouse.

And you are completely wrong about being injury prone. In 10 years he played 16 games 6 times, he played 13 in 2003, (his rookie year). 11 games in 2006, and 9 games in 2011. Obviously he missed 2008 with the ACL. I wouldn't call that "injury prone".

So many fans with short memories.

Gimaniac
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Less yapping and more packing

Harooni
01-08-2013, 12:27 PM
When osi was a rookie i remember fans doubting him and i went to a game and remember talking with a friend as osi was warming up that he had potential to be a star , i pulled for him . When he got paid got a nice signing bonus i was happy for him and happy we locked him up. Then after 2 seasons he started grumbling about his pay and again the next season like clockwork he ran to the media and complained about making his "min wage" . all this while the economy is in the toilet. Now how can fans be sympathetic to a millionaire when 11 percent were on unemployment and a good chunk made less than $12 /hr.

Reese caved in last season because if it was me, id let him hold out if he choose, id call his bluff. we dont want to set the example if you whine you get more $$$

Mercury
01-08-2013, 12:57 PM
When osi was a rookie i remember fans doubting him and i went to a game and remember talking with a friend as osi was warming up that he had potential to be a star , i pulled for him . When he got paid got a nice signing bonus i was happy for him and happy we locked him up. Then after 2 seasons he started grumbling about his pay and again the next season like clockwork he ran to the media and complained about making his "min wage" . all this while the economy is in the toilet. Now how can fans be sympathetic to a millionaire when 11 percent were on unemployment and a good chunk made less than $12 /hr.

Reese caved in last season because if it was me, id let him hold out if he choose, id call his bluff. we dont want to set the example if you whine you get more $$$

I agree, that was a bad precedent. (Not that there weren't others.) It was especially bad in retrospect because Osi's play this year didn't warrant the extra dough. He took JR for a ride this year.

BuffyBlueII
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I agree, that was a bad precedent. (Not that there weren't others.) It was especially bad in retrospect because Osi's play this year didn't warrant the extra dough. He took JR for a ride this year.

Of course he did. There was no surprised that it was exactly what Osi was going to do when Reese paid him. It was ridiculous that JR wasted that money while it could have been used to keep MM and maybe BJ too.

M00KIE
01-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I say we find out. Cya.

nycisgreat
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
More like fumes

If that is the case, then that should be applied to everyone on our defense. Other than Stevie Brown, no one else on defense really stood out.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
If that is the case, then that should be applied to everyone our defense. Other than Stevie Brown, no one else on defense really stood out.

Perhaps, but this is a thread about Osi

nhpgiantsfan
01-08-2013, 03:47 PM
If that is the case, then that should be applied to everyone on our defense. Other than Stevie Brown, no one else on defense really stood out.

You're right, but people wont do that. They don't like Osi. Instead of hating on Tuck they will say stuff like "he was hurt," or he deserves one more shot. But with Osi, it's all his fault, He is the only player that had a bad year and everything else.

The fact is Osi had had a better career than Tuck, and has made much bigger plays. But Tuck keeps his mouth shut so he is a Giant for life.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
You're right, but people wont do that. They don't like Osi. Instead of hating on Tuck they will say stuff like "he was hurt," or he deserves one more shot. But with Osi, it's all his fault, He is the only player that had a bad year and everything else.

The fact is Osi had had a better career than Tuck, and has made much bigger plays. But Tuck keeps his mouth shut so he is a Giant for life.

You didn 't see the Tuck sucks threads?

rainierjef
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Speaking from a just a fan perspective.

I donít care about what was said in the brady v. nfl trial or what was released in Osiís statement

I donít care about him wanting the extra money to play, because honestly! Every player is going to cross that bridge at one point or another in their career with the GM of the organization. Most noticeably Strahan was the last one to do it to the extent Osi did and YES!!! In case you forgot it was in fact! Similar.

Question? Was anything that Osi said in that statement incorrect? Because I donít remember Reese disputing the claims and I donít remember Osi being brought up on charges of perjury. So once again, I will explain this to the emotional wrecks on here. It was an Affidavit ďlook it up!Ē This got leaked by the way! If anything is incorrect in that statement, who goes to jail or gets fined? Osi, so letís review.

ďMr. Reese told me that two years from the start of the 2008 league year, if I was currently playing at a high level, we'd either renegotiate my current contract so that it would be equal to that of the top five defensive ends playing, or I would be traded to a team that would do that. Before leaving the meeting, I asked Mr. Reese twice if he was absolutely sure that would be the case. He then told me that he was an honest and church-going man and that he would not lie, which I believed to be the case.Ē

Osi didnít get asked to get paid like a top 5 DE Reese said he would pay him like one, pending his performance. So all we need is 2 years of High level
play right? Cool!

2007 Ė 40 solo tkls / 13 sacks / 5 FF/ 2FR/ everything after this year will be counted to this verbal agreement

2008 got injured (If Reese counted this year as one towards his verbal arraignment then thatís extremely underhanded)

2009 Ė back from injury under Sheridan and that terrible defense might I add, not starting, 19 solo tkls / 7 sacks / 4FF/4FR okay so without starting, in a rotational basis, because he cussed out Sheridan in a meeting or something , still lead the team in sacks and gave our offense back the ball 4 times? Want to call this lackluster? I would agree with you, but what was the rest of that fail defense doing?

2010 Ė Really? A year later under a new coordinator, starting he puts up 33 solo tkls/11.5 sacks/10FF/1FR do I really need to defend him on this? Just off this year alone and the merit of last yearís fail he should of gotten his due but fine I digress letís move forward.

2011 Ė This defense underperformed for the most of the season and didnít find its stride until the playoffs, JPP was a breath of fresh air this year but once again Osi was in fact injured, I know some of you believe he was faking and to those of you that think so you donít have the balls to put your body on the line like these players do for the organizations that cast them aside at a whim. Osi still in 9 games, still not a starting, recorded Ė 16 solo tkls /9 sacks/ 2 FF.

Osi deserves to retire a Giant, and you fans that raise your pitch forks against a player that has helped us get pressure on brady and all the other QBís before that in the playoffs for two super bowls, need to grow up and take the emotions out of it and realize this is a business and players deserve the right to want security for themselves going forward in a business where careers are ended and started every snap of the ball. All I hear you guys talk about is he canít play the run and thatís it! Tell me? Who else played the run this year? Where are we ranked versus the run? I am done debating Osi on this board! Personally I hope he stays, he gives us the best chance to win, most of you donít even have a reason to hate outside of ďhe called Reese a liar, he wants top 5 DE money.Ē

rainierjef
01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
^ A little too much, i know but thats it for me on this subject!

nycisgreat
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM

I completely agree.

nycisgreat
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
You didn 't see the Tuck sucks threads?

Yeah, a couple here and there, but new Osi threads with 10's of pages of comments are created like every other day.

nhpgiantsfan
01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Speaking from a just a fan perspective.

I donít care about what was said in the brady v. nfl trial or what was released in Osiís statement

I donít care about him wanting the extra money to play, because honestly! Every player is going to cross that bridge at one point or another in their career with the GM of the organization. Most noticeably Strahan was the last one to do it to the extent Osi did and YES!!! In case you forgot it was in fact! Similar.

Question? Was anything that Osi said in that statement incorrect? Because I donít remember Reese disputing the claims and I donít remember Osi being brought up on charges of perjury. So once again, I will explain this to the emotional wrecks on here. It was an Affidavit ďlook it up!Ē This got leaked by the way! If anything is incorrect in that statement, who goes to jail or gets fined? Osi, so letís review.

ďMr. Reese told me that two years from the start of the 2008 league year, if I was currently playing at a high level, we'd either renegotiate my current contract so that it would be equal to that of the top five defensive ends playing, or I would be traded to a team that would do that. Before leaving the meeting, I asked Mr. Reese twice if he was absolutely sure that would be the case. He then told me that he was an honest and church-going man and that he would not lie, which I believed to be the case.Ē

Osi didnít get asked to get paid like a top 5 DE Reese said he would pay him like one, pending his performance. So all we need is 2 years of High level
play right? Cool!

2007 Ė 40 solo tkls / 13 sacks / 5 FF/ 2FR/ everything after this year will be counted to this verbal agreement

2008 got injured (If Reese counted this year as one towards his verbal arraignment then thatís extremely underhanded)

2009 Ė back from injury under Sheridan and that terrible defense might I add, not starting, 19 solo tkls / 7 sacks / 4FF/4FR okay so without starting, in a rotational basis, because he cussed out Sheridan in a meeting or something , still lead the team in sacks and gave our offense back the ball 4 times? Want to call this lackluster? I would agree with you, but what was the rest of that fail defense doing?

2010 Ė Really? A year later under a new coordinator, starting he puts up 33 solo tkls/11.5 sacks/10FF/1FR do I really need to defend him on this? Just off this year alone and the merit of last yearís fail he should of gotten his due but fine I digress letís move forward.

2011 Ė This defense underperformed for the most of the season and didnít find its stride until the playoffs, JPP was a breath of fresh air this year but once again Osi was in fact injured, I know some of you believe he was faking and to those of you that think so you donít have the balls to put your body on the line like these players do for the organizations that cast them aside at a whim. Osi still in 9 games, still not a starting, recorded Ė 16 solo tkls /9 sacks/ 2 FF.

Osi deserves to retire a Giant, and you fans that raise your pitch forks against a player that has helped us get pressure on brady and all the other QBís before that in the playoffs for two super bowls, need to grow up and take the emotions out of it and realize this is a business and players deserve the right to want security for themselves going forward in a business where careers are ended and started every snap of the ball. All I hear you guys talk about is he canít play the run and thatís it! Tell me? Who else played the run this year? Where are we ranked versus the run? I am done debating Osi on this board! Personally I hope he stays, he gives us the best chance to win, most of you donít even have a reason to hate outside of ďhe called Reese a liar, he wants top 5 DE money.Ē

Post of the year!!

Dorothy
01-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Totally agree.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Yeah, a couple here and there, but new Osi threads with 10's of pages of comments are created like every other day.

Osi and Tuck were both in some as well. Like the Fewell threads

Dabluguy
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Ill miss tooth aches m ore than I'll miss him.