PDA

View Full Version : possible NYG draft picks playing in BCS National Championship Game

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Eddie Lacy-looks great so far against one of the nation's top front 7, powerful and shows elusiveness.

D.J. Fluker- solid, good technique, pushing his man back.

Chance Warmack- see d.j. fluker

Dee Milliner- looks good so far,,targeted him a few times and used size and athleticism to plays.

Barett Jones- solid as well, controlling his man at line of scrimmage, plays multiple positions on OL, I believe.

Manti Te'o- looks lost so far, missed tackles, out of place...dont see what all the hype is,,the talent at the next level extreme.

Tyler Eifert- big target, runs a good route, good hands.

zeek Motta- big hitter, always around ball

Louis Nix- dont know if he is coming out this year, but looks powerful, pushing guys around.

P.S. man ND is getting manhandled, it's not even close so far, yes I know the game is far from over, but Wow

Cloud57
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Teo = Hunchback of Notre Dame lol

C1010
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
That Bama O line is something else. Chance and Barrett look great!

TheAnalyst
01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Bama oline is better then our oline. No question.

L.T.56
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
it's clear alabama is the best team in the country. the game was already over at the start. i think oregon would have been a better opponent.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
is anybody else not impressed with te'o. a lot of people in here are high on him. he has flat out looked terrible against the closest thing your gonna get to the NfL.

L.T.56
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
if te'o is the best linebacker in this upcoming draft then the giants should not bother going after a linebacker at all.

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
is anybody else not impressed with te'o. a lot of people in here are high on him. he has flat out looked terrible against the closest thing your gonna get to the NfL.

There aren't many people on ND playing good in general atm but his first round grade has always been questionable to me.

joemorrisforprez
01-07-2013, 10:46 PM

That's not saying much.

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Bama is playing better than some NFL teams right now.

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Wow Te'o....wow

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Ogletree did much better against Alabama than Te'o.

Jppallday
01-07-2013, 10:54 PM

You're an idiot

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 10:55 PM
There aren't many people on ND playing good in general atm but his first round grade has always been questionable to me.

i have to agree, Alabama is the superior team tonight by far,,but do you think if they played this game a week after the season ended it would have been different? Alabama flat out has lots of talent, nfl talent on each side of the ball. ND, the same team that should have lost to pitt, who is talented as well, was riding high on adrenaline from the perfect season. I think the layoff is killing them. The noticeable difference in Pro talent is eye popping(side note,,,no excuse for ND, but their academic requirements exclude them from much of the superior talent).

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Turn off the lights, The party's over.

L.T.56
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
lots of missed tackles by notre dame. 28-0 at the half. don't understand why notre dame was ranked 1st

myles2424
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
You're an idiot
Alabama has a NFL caliber oline

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 10:59 PM

3 of them are gonna go in the first, most likely.

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 11:02 PM
3 of them are gonna go in the first, most likely.

Cyrus Kouandjio (I had to look that up lol) is projected as a future early 1st rounder at LT too. Everyone but the RG on this Oline could replace a lot of guys in the NFL right now.

jgrangers11
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Cyrus Kouandjio (I had to look that up lol) is projected as a future early 1st rounder at LT too. Everyone but the RG on this Oline could replace a lot of guys in the NFL right now.

Didn't Alabama just move their All-American left tackle to center in order to move get Kouandijo in the game? That O-line is ridiculous.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 11:07 PM

I hope one of them replaces one of ours in this years draft..i know that majority want Ansah, but I dont think he will be there,,he's gonna go at around number 10, to Tennessee I think. after 14 teams passing on JPP a few years back, he will never make it to 19. He will be drafted earlier based on his play and what is now JPP. if he does make it to us,,,any chance one of these guys makes it to the second? ? or more pressing issues?

Jppallday
01-07-2013, 11:08 PM

They look great against college competition. I'm not saying the individual players aren't going to be really good one day, but saying that right now they are better than an NFL offensive line is absurd and ignorant

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I hope one of them replaces one of ours in this years draft..i know that majority want Ansah, but I dont think he will be there,,he's gonna go at around number 10, to Tennessee I think. after 14 teams passing on JPP a few years back, he will never make it to 19. He will be drafted earlier based on his play and what is now JPP. if he does make it to us,,,any chance one of these guys makes it to the second? ? or more pressing issues?

MAYBE Barrett Jones drops because of his lack of athleticism or D.J. Fluker drops because he isn't the best pass blocker but I think those two are late 1sts to mid 2nds before we can get them. Who knows though...

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
They look great against college competition. I'm not saying the individual players aren't going to be really good one day, but saying that right now they are better than an NFL offensive line is absurd and ignoranteveryone but the RG has a 1st round grade...I think it's a fair assessment.

drewz
01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
oh god, I would Reese for ever if he were able to get Milliner

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Alabama is just punching ND in the mouth.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Alabama is just punching ND in the mouth.

has there been a bigger fraud at #1?

C1010
01-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Barrett jones is impressive. He played right guard, left tackle, and center.

L.T.56
01-07-2013, 11:38 PM
how embarrasing

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
If I was Brian Kelly I'd return all the ND fans money.

BigBlueAllDay
01-07-2013, 11:48 PM
has there been a bigger fraud at #1?

That would mean the BCS ranking system is a fraud since that's heavily based on the win-loss record alone. According to that system, Notre Dame definitely earned their No. 1 ranking no matter how much or bad they match up to other top teams because they never played anyone higher than Standford.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-07-2013, 11:50 PM
That would mean the BCS ranking system is a fraud since that's heavily based on the win-loss record alone. According to that system, Notre Dame definitely earned their No. 1 ranking no matter how much or bad they match up to other top teams because they never played anyone higher than Standford.

the BCS ranking system, and the BCS in general is a fraud.

BigBlueAllDay
01-08-2013, 12:00 AM

It'll never be perfect since it's just for college football players that play for no money minus the athletic scholarships and a majority of them will never make it to or in the NFL anyway.

barran21
01-08-2013, 12:03 AM
https://twitter.com/KateUpton/status/288492425809362944

B&RWarrior
01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
The best college team of all time get's smoked by the worst NFL team of all time and it would even be close, so stop with these Bama looks better than the average NFL squad comments.

giants8493
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
You're an idiotThey have a better LG, C, There LT has a lot of potential.I would also take thier RT over DD

giants8493
01-08-2013, 01:36 AM
The best college team of all time get's smoked by the worst NFL team of all time and it would even be close, so stop with these Bama looks better than the average NFL squad comments.IDK dude, there o line plus rbs situation can keep them in the game vs the jags. plus much much better coaching for alabama.

WiIdcat
01-08-2013, 01:41 AM
IDK dude, there o line plus rbs situation can keep them in the game vs the jags. plus much much better coaching for alabama.

Idk why some people find this hard to believe. BAMA HAD 5 OF THE FIRST 35 PLAYERS DRAFTED LAST YEAR and most likely another 3 first rounders this year. It's not like every nfl team is all 1st rounders playing. Bama would have had a decent shot at beating a bad nfl team last year.

BlueBlooded1979
01-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Idk why some people find this hard to believe. BAMA HAD 5 OF THE FIRST 35 PLAYERS DRAFTED LAST YEAR and most likely another 3 first rounders this year. It's not like every nfl team is all 1st rounders playing. Bama would have had a decent shot at beating a bad nfl team last year.

This is the dumbest thing said today. NFL teams have 53 guys that were studs in college or have surpassed guys that were studs in college. Even the best college teams in history have 10 NFL worthy players on their roster. The 2008 Lions would hammer the best team in college football 99 out of 100 games.

The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 02:25 AM
This is the dumbest thing said today. NFL teams have 53 guys that were studs in college or have surpassed guys that were studs in college. Even the best college teams in history have 10 NFL worthy players on their roster. The 2008 Lions would hammer the best team in college football 99 out of 100 games.

The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.

I think it would be better stated that Alabama's O line could hold it's own against lower level NFL D lines,,,now I don't believe that but it sounds more believable than Alabama as a team could beat an NFL team,,you know what I mean?

GoDeep80
01-08-2013, 03:02 AM

The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.I must disagree with this statement. If Alabama were to have last year's class (which many were Juniors) still on the tem I think they could compete with an NFL Team. That's Dee Milliner and Kirkpatrick on the outside with Mark Barron and Robert Lester, Hightower and Mosley at ILB with Dial and Upshaw at OLB. The D could compete. Offense might have a little more trouble but I still think Bama would be able to run the ball.

harrycarson
01-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Rediculous to think Bama could hang with any NFL team. What is worth discussing is how Notre Dame gets to play in a national champ game without having to play a conferense Champ game? I mean that is the hardest game of the year for all conference teams...Notre Dame are kids playing amongst men. Place Notre Dame in the SEC this year either East or West and they are not even playing in the Pinstripe Bowl..College Football needs once and foreall to foreget about the revenue created by Bowl games and give everyone what they want which is a playoff system of at least the top 10 teams

ozzie0075
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Chance Warmack might be the best guard I have ever seen in college. Gaurds don't typically go in the top 10 but I don't think there is a safer pick in the this years draft. Even though the Giants really need a right tackle I would have no problem if they took Warmack at 19 if he still is there.

Carter.525
01-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Chance Warmack might be the best guard I have ever seen in college. Gaurds don't typically go in the top 10 but I don't think there is a safer pick in the this years draft. Even though the Giants really need a right tackle I would have no problem if they took Warmack at 19 if he still is there.

I know he's a natural Guard.. but I think he can play RT too..

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Why?

ND was undefeated and played a very tough schedule.

ozzie0075
01-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Why?

I think he is saying that if there was a play-off ND wouldn't have gotten to the National Title game. Which for the record I agree with. Oregon and Alabama were clearly the best 2 teams in the country.

ibbill
01-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I think the name of that bowl game should have been the toilet bowl. Bama vs flush

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I think he is saying that if there was a play-off ND wouldn't have gotten to the National Title game. Which for the record I agree with. Oregon and Alabama were clearly the best 2 teams in the country.
Look...the ridiculous 6 week gap skews the whole process.
But then its ALL about the money in college football.
College football is a joke, not because of the lack of a playoff, but because a few teams get all the players and a few extremely high paid coaches are leading unpaid players to make more money for the powers of the NCAA.
And these schools have no interest in educating these players either. Its all so friggin corrupt in my view.
I was rooting for ND because at least they have players who actually go to class and they have interest in educating these kids.
This blowout win was a victory for the scoundrels in the NCAA.

Rant over.

jakegibbs
01-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Why?

Look at the common opponent Pitt. ND had to hang on in 3 OT's to luck out a win after Pitt missed a chip shot FG in the 2nd OT. Pitt then goes & plays a middle of the pack SEC team Ole Miss in the BACC bowl on Jan 5th & gets blown out 38-14 & Pitt scores a garbage TD late in 4th against Ole Miss's reserves. Alabama took Ole Miss to the woodshed earlier in the year. After watching the BACC bowl & seeing how easily Ole Miss ran over Pitt there was no way in my mind prior to kick off that I thought ND had a chance against Ala which prooved true.

Sad thing about this is Ala probably wasn't the best team in the SEC @ year's end. Texas A&M who whipped Ala soundly @ Bama's home stadium crushed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl & Georgia also gave Ala all they could handle & if not for clock mismanagement could have beaten them in the SEC Championship game

What college football needs is a 16 team playoff to weed out all the bull & really crown a true national champion once & for all. IMHO anyway.

Morehead State
01-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Look at the common opponent Pitt. ND had to hang on in 3 OT's to luck out a win after Pitt missed a chip shot FG in the 2nd OT. Pitt then goes & plays a middle of the pack SEC team Ole Miss in the BACC bowl on Jan 5th & gets blown out 38-14 & Pitt scores a garbage TD late in 4th against Ole Miss's reserves. Alabama took Ole Miss to the woodshed earlier in the year. After watching the BACC bowl & seeing how easily Ole Miss ran over Pitt there was no way in my mind prior to kick off that I thought ND had a chance against Ala which prooved true.

Sad thing about this is Ala probably wasn't the best team in the SEC @ year's end. Texas A&M who whipped Ala soundly @ Bama's home stadium crushed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl & Georgia also gave Ala all they could handle & if not for clock mismanagement could have beaten them in the SEC Championship game

What college football needs is a 16 team playoff to weed out all the bull & really crown a true national champion once & for all. IMHO anyway.

More games by "student athlete's", getting their heads bashed in, just so a bunch of fans can have some resolution.
Why can't we go back to the old system? Its not the end of the world if there isn't a definitive champion.
The only reason anyone in the NCAA or the BCS does anything is to enhance their pockets. The student athlete is lost in the mess because we fans want what we want.

Buddy333
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
ND was blown out because the SEC is just that good. Yeah, they had a tough schedule. Alabama had a tougher schedule. Much tougher. Heard somebody say it last week. To bad Stanford made that kick in overtime to beat Oregon. Then again, maybe Alabama would have been left out. Anyway, there will soon have a playoff system. Also, don't forget about Ohio State. They will be a force once again. They where undefeated this year but still on suspension.

jakegibbs
01-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Barett Jones- solid as well, controlling his man at line of scrimmage, plays multiple positions on OL, I believe.

Won the college lineman of the year at 3 positions over the last 3 years. He's an absolute must for the NYGs. Talk about versitility.

ozzie0075
01-08-2013, 12:40 PM

Won the college lineman of the year at 3 positions over the last 3 years. He's an absolute must for the NYGs. Talk about versitility.

He is a very solid player. He has to play inside at the next level just not athletic enough to play tackle in he NFL.

jimsgints
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
it's clear alabama is the best team in the country. the game was already over at the start. i think oregon would have been a better opponent.

Yes of course. ND all but lost to Pitt! These rankings are crap. I can't wait for the playoffs.

paulj
01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, Barett Jones, D. J. Fluker

any would be good pick

harrycarson
01-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Why?

Wow you are truely just not with it.....notre dame had a fluff schedule and did not have to play a cenference champ game which is the hardest of the season for teams.....notre dame would get rocked hard by anyone in top 10

slipknottin
01-08-2013, 11:30 PM

Nix beat the snot out of Jones all game.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Nix beat the snot out of Jones all game.

more like the second half once bama took the foot off the gas,,the entire ND defense was a no shown in the first,,they ran right at em, right up the middle.

slipknottin
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
more like the second half once bama took the foot off the gas,,the entire ND defense was a no shown in the first,,they ran right at em, right up the middle.

No. Nix dominated Jones all game

wideright91
01-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Honestly, I'd be psyched if we got pretty much anyone on either side in the 1st, save for perhaps Fluker in the 2nd. The 'Bama O-line is amazing; we all know secondary depth is still an issue; and I think Te'o is still the best 4-3 LB in the class.

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Wow you are truely just not with it.....notre dame had a fluff schedule and did not have to play a cenference champ game which is the hardest of the season for teams.....notre dame would get rocked hard by anyone in top 10 THey went to Norman and beat Oklahoma, who played in the cotton bowl, and they beat Stanford, who won the Rose Bowl, and they beat Micigan St at Michigan St, who beat TCU in there bowl, and they beat BYU, who went bowling, and they beat USC, who went bowling, and they beat Michigan, who gave S.Carolina everything they had in there bowl game, and they beat Pitt, who went bowling.. Michigan, Michigan St, Stanford, Oklahoma, BYU, Pitt, isn't that easy of a schedule..