PDA

View Full Version : Why we didn't make it to the playoffs.

sewy18
01-08-2013, 12:39 AM
All our roads to the superbowl began with our defense , Giants defense especially the front four were dominant in every position.

Our defense seemed weak ,tired and had no interest in winning another super bowl ,

What happened to the SCARY-DOMINANT 3 (Osi,Tuck,JPP) they were non-existent.

What happened to our scary Linebackers that would stop the run ,we let everyone run through us.

What happened to our good CB's ?

Our safties played on top of there game and hopefully will be back next year.

I really believe our offense played bad bec of our defense.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 12:40 AM
All our roads to the superbowl began with our defense , Giants defense especially the front four are the most important.

Our defense seemed week ,tired and had no interest in winning another super bowl ,

What happened to our scary Linebackers that would stop the run ,we let everyone run through us.

dude,,I can save you all of that,,,we sucked.

sewy18
01-08-2013, 12:44 AM
dude,,I can save you all of that,,,we sucked.

Well do you believe our defense and offense sucked ?

Rudyy
01-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Well do you believe our defense and offense sucked ?They certainly did.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 12:47 AM
They certainly did.

like a golf ball through a garden hose, 2 times.

Flip Empty
01-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Honestly, why do people keep pointing at the defense when the offense often struggled to put points on the board? It's a team game, and this team was rubbish. That's why they didn't make it to the playoffs.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Honestly, why do people keep pointing at the defense when the offense often struggled to put points on the board? It's a team game, and this team was rubbish. That's why they didn't make it to the playoffs.

flip,,chill my brother,,nobody pointed to the D, we said the whole team sucked this year.

giantsfan420
01-08-2013, 01:29 AM
ya know, just for the sake of discussion, which do u guys feel has a higher probability of happening; scoring or the defense stopping the offense from scoring?

which do u think happens more regularly?

Flip Empty
01-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Don't need to think; the offense finished with a success rate of 47.1%, while the defense finished with a success rate of 50.7%

Buddy333
01-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah, they both stunk. Funny thing though, they only need a couple of pieces to get back on track. Add in health and better play by individuals and they are a post season team.

Bosco
01-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Offensively, Nicks injury allowed to much focus on Cruz. In 20/20 hindsight, if we had resigned Manningham, who could get open, we probably would have been okay. HIndsight as well, Nicks really didn't help us win any games those 6 to 8 weeks he should have sat out. Maybe a healthy Nicks at end of season would have gotten us into playoffs.

Defensively, the one game Kenny Phillips came back and was healthy, we rocked. I think the pass rush stunk because we couldn't make the QB hold the ball long enough.

Healthy Nicks OR Healthy Phillips = playoffs. BUt we would need both to have made a run

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Well do you believe our defense and offense sucked ?

You bet

GameTime
01-08-2013, 08:45 AM
how do two 9-7 teams look so different between 2011 and 2012.........odd isnt it.
oh yeah in 07 they were 10-6......
so the records dont really show much do they......

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 08:52 AM
All our roads to the superbowl began with our defense , Giants defense especially the front four were dominant in every position.

Our defense seemed weak ,tired and had no interest in winning another super bowl ,

When did we have scary LB's? They're only scary to Giants fans.

ibbill
01-08-2013, 09:12 AM
like a golf ball through a garden hose, 2 times.

HAHAHA

BParcells777
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Two Words- Perry Fewell

BlueBlooded1979
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
This season was lost primarily because of poor line play on both sides. The OL lacks talent and the DL lacked heart. Not sure which is worse or easier to fix.

Ruttiger711
01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Don't need to think; the offense finished with a success rate of 47.1%, while the defense finished with a success rate of 50.7%

What does that even mean? Success of scoring vs getting scored on?

TextureDj
01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, they both stunk. Funny thing though, they only need a couple of pieces to get back on track. Add in health and better play by individuals and they are a post season team.You my friend, are an enigma. I mean if the season is on you are the most pessemistic fan to wear blue but now that the season is over for us you are sunshine and rose petals. Its like you are this eternal optimist but are allergic to football.

M00KIE
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
"I really believe our offense played bad bec of our defense."

Not sure I follow the logic here..

moosedrool
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
When Nicks got his knee injured late in the Tampa game, that was the main reason we didn't make the playoffs.

jints10
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Offencive PI vs Eagles that took us out of FG range would of put us at 10-6 and in t
he playoffs......also a play or two in the second Skins game we could have been 11-5...that easy........but I guess we totally sucked

BigBlue1971
01-08-2013, 08:24 PM
i think it all sucked!

Wilson, Tynes and Weatherford only made specials better!

coaches too!

it could be they were comfortable after winning last year and took the year off!