PDA

View Full Version : Giants Set To Lose Scouting Director Ross

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_set_to_lose_ross_DHtKOff0Yz87Kh36xAZFPL

Excerpt: "The Giants are bracing for the likely loss of Marc Ross, their valued director of college scouting, who is being courted by several teams to fill general manager vacancies.

Ross today will speak with the Panthers in Charlotte and has already interviewed with the Jets, Chargers and Jaguars about their vacancies. Ross has a strong advocate on the scene in Carolina, as former Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi was hired as a consultant by Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to help facilitate the GM search. Accorsi highly respects Ross as well as Dave Gettleman, the Giants’ senior pro personnel analyst. Gettleman is also in Charlotte to interview for the Panthers’ GM job." Read more...

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Interesting that Ross got his Masters at Cruz's alma mater

joemorrisforprez
01-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Marc Ross would be a huge loss.

I always catch crap for giving Ross credit over Reese in terms of drafting....but I'm convinced Reese owes a **** ton to the work that Ross has done with that scouting department.

RoanokeFan
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Marc Ross would be a huge loss.

I always catch crap for giving Ross credit over Reese in terms of drafting....but I'm convinced Reese owes a **** ton to the work that Ross has done with that scouting department.

Not unlike a lot of large organizations

fletch842
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Not unlike a lot of large organizations
and, the way the Giants are structured, Ernie relied on Reese before that change, as he was in Ross's position at that time

Cloud57
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
that's too bad he's gone, I don't trust reese, let's see what he does in the draft

Drez
01-08-2013, 01:48 PM
It would definitely suck if we lost both Gettleman and Ross.