PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here thinks Victor Cruz is product of the Giants system?

freddy01
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I'll be honest here. This guy to me is a good WR but i dont consider him elite. Is there a reason why he got undrafted? He played for Umass so he had to play against weak competition there and he couldn't even get drafted.

Then once he comes to the Giants, he's one of their top 2 WRs. Does this pretty much show any WR that doesn't get drafted from college could succeed in the nfl? To me, he just doesn't seem like a very good player and just average and its the Giants system that makes him flourish.

rainierjef
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
So... It begins. Cruz contract situation/ demands are out and the fans are starting to waiver on their loyalty. Not surprised. No offense to you OP just a trend I am noticing lately.

Ruttiger711
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I'll be honest here. This guy to me is a good WR but i dont consider him elite. Is there a reason why he got undrafted? He played for Umass so he had to play against weak competition there and he couldn't even get drafted.

Then once he comes to the Giants, he's one of their top 2 WRs. Does this pretty much show any WR that doesn't get drafted from college could succeed in the nfl? To me, he just doesn't seem like a very good player and just average and its the Giants system that makes him flourish.

It was evident from day 1 in the Jets preseason game that Cruz had some serious ball skills that you dont see in just average receivers and up there with top tier talent.

Not just the Giants system.....

.......troll.

Mr. G-Man
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
mario manningham was more of a product than cruz. so just take the success mario had on the niners, plus a little more and you get what victor would be doing with another team.

Rudyy
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
LOL. Cruz has 19 touchdowns, 2628 yards and 168 targets in TWO years. What does our system have to do with anything? He got undrafted because he didnt put up super star numbers in college because he was un-disciplined and un-focused. NOT because he's not good.

freddy01
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I just find it funny how he succeed so much and fast in the nfl in his 1st 2 years and he sucked while in UMASS. Think about it. YOu have guys who get undrafted or drafted very late in rounds and they are so good while in the nfl. That makes me question if these nfl players are really that good. For example, i think victor cruz if he was put in umass right now and they had to play against alabama... he would struggle. Thoughts?

Rudyy
01-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I just find it funny how he succeed so much and fast in the nfl in his 1st 2 years and he sucked while in UMASS. Think about it. YOu have guys who get undrafted or drafted very late in rounds and they are so good while in the nfl. That makes me question if these nfl players are really that good. For example, i think victor cruz if he was put in umass right now and they had to play against alabama... he would struggle. Thoughts?I told you he struggled at UMass because of his poor grades that got him kicked out, not because he wasn't good.

Mr. G-Man
01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
lets not forget who's throwing him the ball... randy moss' career was on the slide (even with his enormous skill set) until he moved to new england in 2007. he was younger in Oakland but just seemed invisible and then bam! randy moss back to top nfl receiver once brady starts slingin' it to him.

SweetZombieJesus
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
If Cruz is a product of the system, explain the washouts we've had such as Sinorice Moss... Even Manningham was more negative than positive until his last year here.

joemorrisforprez
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Cruz has terrific natural talent.

It helps that he's working with Eli, because both of them have a great work ethic, too.

If Cruz went to another team, his production could rise or fall with the system....Cruz benefits from Nicks being on the field, too.

Dorothy
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
It was evident from day 1 in the Jets preseason game that Cruz had some serious ball skills that you dont see in just average receivers and up there with top tier talent.

Not just the Giants system.....

.......troll.

He showed talent when he was in camp his first year with the Giants. Unfortunately he got hurt that first year and was put on IR. but, he has proven that he is a very good receiver. He will get better with age and experience. Just hope he stays healthy.

BParcells777
01-08-2013, 05:52 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhh NO.....are you kidding me?

He is smooth as silk, tough and very fast with soft hands
he is all pro for goodness sakes.........Perry Fewell is a product of the no pressure system.....he was our problem

kNicksGiants
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
i'm not sure what you mean by giants system... the giants system is too complex and makes lots of talented receivers look worse than they are because all the reads and sight adjustments. cruz seems to have picked it up well if that is what you mean. gilbride is too lazy to design plays to get guys open so he puts all the pressure on the QB and receivers to make the same reads and get themselves open. cruz and eli have good chemistry most of the time.

jomo
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Silly topic!

Check that.......dumb topic.

WiIdcat
01-08-2013, 06:11 PM

Like already said, Cruz's ridiculous ball skills were very evident in that first preseason game. The only things stopping Cruz from being elite is the fact that he drops some passes when looking upfield to run first. He is a phenomenal route runner and has great body control to make circus catches. The nfl draft is FAR from an exact science as shown by Cruz, Terrel Davis, etc. Think about this, there are literally THOUSANDS of college football players playing each saturday. It is impossible to scout all of them so many slip through the cracks.

I Bleed Blue
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Dumb post. They guy is a baller. PERIOD! You started another post asking how tall is he. What's your problem with him? Of all the players on the roster to pick on, you choose him? What's going to be the title of you next Cruz post? Is Victor Cruz really a citizen of the United States?