PDA

View Full Version : Rob Ryan Fired

P_Simms_#11
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM
MODS: Please delete. Already posted in General Sports.

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Wow, I hate the cowboys with a passion, but that was probably one of the dumbest things they could have ever done. That defense was decimated by injuries and he found a way to still make it a formidable group. I don't care what anyone says, if they hadn't lost Sean Lee and a few others, that defense would have been pretty damn scary.

Amazing how they stick with Garrett and Romo and get rid of the one person who actually did a decent job.

TheAnalyst
01-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I think this was just as dumb as whent he Eagles fired their DC for their offensive issues.

Ntegrase96
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
This is one of those head scratching moves that makes me want to retract my '2013 will be a good year for the cowboys' outlook. One of the only coaches to do a halfway decent job and was actually hindered by devastating injuries for much of the season (No starting NT, Safety, both ILBs, DE, Slot CB... lost quite a bit of depth too).

They HAVE to have a better candidate in their pocket already, or else... wtf?

bigblue58
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
yes it is head scratching that they fired Ryan who had the 14th ranked D in the NFL, but not as head scratching as the Giants NOT firing Perry Fewell who had the 30 ranked D!

Parademon
01-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Can we fire our DC & get Rob? He has the exact temperment the Giants D needs! Our Corners get burned deep for a TD & I see Fewell smiling. WTF!

Ntegrase96
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Can we fire our DC & get Rob? He has the exact temperment the Giants D needs! Our Corners get burned deep for a TD & I see Fewell smiling. WTF!

Prince would actually be a great corner for Rob's defense. But switching to a 3-4 takes away from what your best player, JPP, is best at. I think you have to build around JPP.

Ironically, I think you guys are a much better suitor for the guy we're trying to get now after dumping Rob: Monty Kiffin. KP, Rolle, and even Stevie Brown would probably excel like crazy in a Tampa 2.

Rusty192
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Prince would actually be a great corner for Rob's defense. But switching to a 3-4 takes away from what your best player, JPP, is best at. I think you have to build around JPP.

Ironically, I think you guys are a much better suitor for the guy we're trying to get now after dumping Rob: Monty Kiffin. KP, Rolle, and even Stevie Brown would probably excel like crazy in a Tampa 2.Crap if you get Monte Kiffin. Dude coached the best defense of the decade when Tampa won it all.

ProfessorCrue
01-14-2013, 06:57 PM
kiffin is old. that worries me some

but thank god we got rid of ryan.

Ntegrase96
01-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Update: Kiffin was obviously hired a week ago, but reports are Rod Marinelli (former Bears DC and Lions HC) is the new D Line coach.

Rusty192
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
kiffin is old. that worries me some

but thank god we got rid of ryan.You didn't like Ryan that much ?

ProfessorCrue
01-18-2013, 05:57 AM
You didn't like Ryan that much ?

ive never liked ryan. he's an embarrassment on the sidelines with his childish tantrums. and he sucks as a defensive coach. always has

Ntegrase96
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
ive never liked ryan. he's an embarrassment on the sidelines with his childish tantrums. and he sucks as a defensive coach. always has

I'll second my dislike for Rob, but mostly because I just couldn't wrap my head around his schemes. Felt like he tried to outsmart everyone but didn't realize that he couldn't. (dropping your 2 best pass rushers into coverage and rushing only 3... 2 of the 3 being backups).

But still, he made an impact. The Cowboys defense came up big when needed down the stretch. They ended up dropping in rank but made big plays when they needed to. So something Ryan was doing must have been right. If not then we're far more talented on defense than I think.

blueomaha
01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Rob, Rex, whats the diff....fire both....