PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion

Toadofsteel
01-09-2013, 03:26 AM
who should be our defensive captain for 2013?

Toadofsteel
01-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Personally i'd go with Blackburn. Rolle is a bit of a loose cannon for my tastes. Blackburn still gives it all on the field, has great football intelligence that helps offset his slightly diminished physical talent, and gets fired up and is willing to punch someone in the mouth without being a risk to tear apart the locker room...

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 04:16 AM
Personally i'd go with Blackburn. Rolle is a bit of a loose cannon for my tastes. Blackburn still gives it all on the field, has great football intelligence that helps offset his slightly diminished physical talent, and gets fired up and is willing to punch someone in the mouth without being a risk to tear apart the locker room...

what has rolle done to give you the notion he would rip the locker room apart? blackburn is basically a player off the street,,,may not even be on team,,not the man for the job,,he's a sentimental favorite,,not a captain.

G-MENBK
01-09-2013, 04:21 AM
what has rolle done to give you the notion he would rip the locker room apart? blackburn is basically a player off the street,,,may not even be on team,,not the man for the job,,he's a sentimental favorite,,not a captain.

If Tuck and Webster will be back, Blackburn should be a shoe in.

JPP=BEASTMODE
01-09-2013, 05:03 AM
who should be our defensive captain for 2013?Justin Tryon!!!!!!

Captain Chaos
01-09-2013, 05:55 AM
If Justin is there he should remain Captain. Blackburn while has the mental ability he doesn't appear to have the physical tools (notice all of the success teams had running up the middle) in my mind and I for one am hoping that we get a MLB that can actually handle the job.

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Trel. No question. Guy plays with heart and tells it like it is.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 07:51 AM

Have you seen any evidence to suggest Rolle has torn the locker room apart? All I've seen is agreement from those players who have said anything.

Kruunch
01-09-2013, 09:28 AM

+1

Rolle gives great effort (what I like most about him) but he tends to talk too big and not show enough discipline.

Kruunch
01-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Have you seen any evidence to suggest Rolle has torn the locker room apart? All I've seen is agreement from those players who have said anything.

I seem to recall a number of meetings with the head coach after various media outings due to what he's said.

You have to do more than flap your gums ... you have to lead by example.

Rolle doesn't do that.

Jahh
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Rolle just talks a lot of non-sense. Acting like dogs and hunting and w/e. It's all non-sense and I seriously doubt anyone takes what he says that serious. He's almost like Jacobs. No one pays these guys any real attention.

Rolle was actually, IMO, a big problem last year. Once he decided to play ball our defense seemed to take off. Kind of unrelated, but I think there are several starters on this defense who aren't a big fan of this scheme.

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
I seem to recall a number of meetings with the head coach after various media outings due to what he's said.

You have to do more than flap your gums ... you have to lead by example.

Rolle doesn't do that.

Might want to look at the stat sheet first before you make that statement...

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Rolle just talks a lot of non-sense. Acting like dogs and hunting and w/e. It's all non-sense and I seriously doubt anyone takes what he says that serious. He's almost like Jacobs. No one pays these guys any real attention.

Rolle was actually, IMO, a big problem last year. Once he decided to play ball our defense seemed to take off. Kind of unrelated, but I think there are several starters on this defense who aren't a big fan of this scheme.

I'll bet anything that what you consider the time that he "decided" to play ball is when KP was not hurt, on the field and enabled Rolle to do more.

giants8493
01-09-2013, 10:56 AM
why is our backup safety on the option list?

Kruunch
01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Might want to look at the stat sheet first before you make that statement...

Ditto.

Moke
01-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Antrel Rolle. Blackburn shouldn't be the captain of the team.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I'll bet anything that what you consider the time that he "decided" to play ball is when KP was not hurt, on the field and enabled Rolle to do more. Rolle has played out of position more than in and rarely takes himself out of a game

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
+1 Rolle gives great effort (what I like most about him) but he tends to talk too big and not show enough discipline. He lead rhe team in tackles

Moke
01-09-2013, 11:46 AM
He lead rhe team in tackles

If only that has to do with anything he actually said.

Jahh
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I'll bet anything that what you consider the time that he "decided" to play ball is when KP was not hurt, on the field and enabled Rolle to do more.

I don't remember the injury situation at the end of last year honestly.

Jahh
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Rolle has played out of position more than in and rarely takes himself out of a game

I'm referring to him accepting the nickel role. Once he committed to it he actually played it rather well. Prior to that, defense was a mess.

Jahh
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
You don't just slap a "C" on someone's chest and then all of a sudden the team feeds of that person. The team doesn't choose these people.

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm referring to him accepting the nickel role. Once he committed to it he actually played it rather well. Prior to that, defense was a mess.

Yeah, because that was because of his "attitude" and not getting used to a new position...

Jahh
01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Yeah, because that was because of his "attitude" and not getting used to a new position...

I obviously don't have a link from an article last year but he said it himself.

Edit: Just googled this. Pretty much every article says something like "he eventually accepted" or "it took a while for him to come around" referring to the nickel role.

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
He lead rhe team in tackles

He finished two behind Blackburn I think... Chase had 98 Rolle 96?

Either way, Rolle plays every game, out of his position at times for the good of the team and consistently puts up numbers. On the field he leads by example.

Mercury
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Boy do I miss Harry Carson.

Razur
01-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Rolle, and I think it's because of him taking it upon himself to not only address the media ( which we all know he can sometime misfire with comments, but that will improve with more practice), but to also deal with The coaches on a level of laison for his team mates. He's not intimadated by titles, and has respect for them, and ..mostly because he has a sense of accountability. I give Blackburn all the credit for PLAYING at an inspirational level. Chase has done nothing but demonstrated he IS worthy of wearing the Giants uniform, but, not sure he can lead a team with anything of a verbal mission statement, as Rolle can. Rolle likes to talk, Chase likes to play...both are great candidates. But, Rolle is a natural at it.

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Rolle, and I think it's because of him taking it upon himself to not only address the media ( which we all know he can sometime misfire with comments, but that will improve with more practice), but to also deal with The coaches on a level of laison for his team mates. He's not intimadated by titles, and has respect for them, and ..mostly because he has a sense of accountability. I give Blackburn all the credit for PLAYING at an inspirational level. Chase has done nothing but demonstrated he IS worthy of wearing the Giants uniform, but, not sure he can lead a team with anything of a verbal mission statement, as Rolle can. Rolle likes to talk, Chase likes to play...both are great candidates. But, Rolle is a natural at it.

+1.. Rolle comes to play though.. you can believe that!

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
He finished two behind Blackburn I think... Chase had 98 Rolle 96?

Either way, Rolle plays every game, out of his position at times for the good of the team and consistently puts up numbers. On the field he leads by example.

I stand corrected. He lead in solo tackles.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Rolle.. Best leader we have

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I am very pleased with the outcome of this poll,,,,toad,,,I think this thread back fired on you.