PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Worried about next season

rebelfan1966
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Might as well not watch the games then....

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

You mean the same OC and DC that won us a superbowl less than a year ago?

Its Football, Its the NFL, INJURIES HAPPEN TO EVERYONE! That isnt the reason we're not playing this weekend.

Sense of urgency to fixing things? What should we do? Have our own Draft January 9th to please you?

Its enough already with these types of threads.

tdawg1413
01-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Absolutely not. We tend to forget that we won a SB last year with these coordinators and group of players. The NFL is cyclical. Plus, our schedule seems to be much easier next year. We will be fine.

TCHOF
01-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I am worried about every season

rebelfan1966
01-09-2013, 10:51 AM
C'mon, we have habitualy injured players that screw up the whole chemistry of the team.... As for the OC and DC... They are average.... and we see every season solid players on the Free Agency, in positions we need to improve, get gobbled up by other teams.

I agree with Nick Saban.... he refuses to use the term defending champs.... He prefers to celebrate the championship only briefly then put it on the shelf. He does not factor previous seasons into his formula for success for the current season. Basically, we won 2 SBs, but that means squat the following season.... especially when you miss the playoffs.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 11:07 AM
It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem. I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.

I say we forfeit next season

timmytimm3
01-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm excited for next year. We have a solid group of young players coming back. If we draft well and fill in a few holes we will have a great team.

Nicks-Cruz-Randle will be better than Nicks-Cruz-Manningham.

Cloud57
01-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I predict a similar season next year, up and down. Most of the players on defense will still be here, so nothing new there. If we have a solid draft I may be a lot more optimistic. That being said I'm never worried.

Roosevelt
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
C'mon, we have habitualy injured players that screw up the whole chemistry of the team.... As for the OC and DC... They are average.... and we see every season solid players on the Free Agency, in positions we need to improve, get gobbled up by other teams.

I agree with Nick Saban.... he refuses to use the term defending champs.... He prefers to celebrate the championship only briefly then put it on the shelf. He does not factor previous seasons into his formula for success for the current season. Basically, we won 2 SBs, but that means squat the following season.... especially when you miss the playoffs.

How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Concerns? Of course. The same coaches you speak of won a Super Bowl less than a year ago. Lol. Wow! They do need a couple of players, stay healthy, and current players just need to be better.

JesseJames
01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
since we have no money to make a splash in FA to fix certain positions we have to count on the draft and hope that the 2 coordinators can come up with some new looks on both sides of the ball and be a LOT more imaginative...

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.

they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.

they may see the problem as completely different as we do.

again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.

i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.

G14ntzF4π
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm not worried they are god awful the second half of every season. I'm used to it. Maybe they can get hot during playoff hunt time but I don't see it with this crew.

rebelfan1966
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?

Why did Eli start out playing well then drop off during the season? Is it just Eli, or are there other factors? Some people are defending the Coordinators because we won two SBs with our OC and one SB with our DC.... but Eli was the SBMVP in both of those wins.

My point is we need to look at the recent changes in the NFL and see if there is an upgrade out there at OC or DC. If not, fine, we plug along with the guys we have. We also need to look at the FA out there to see if we can improve our roster going into next season. It is very frustrating keeping guys around that you know will not play an entire season. It kills the chemistry for atleast 2 or 3 games when key players are out... and you guys know I am right.

As for the person above who does not like Saban, he will likely go down as one of the best College FB coaches...... ever. That aside, my reference to him was you can't relax because you won a Championship. He knows that means nothing going into the next season, as we have proven twice. You have always got to look for ways to improve your team. We have two average coordinators, and we have habitualy injured players, and we seem to squander FA opportunities..... and then we wonder why we are a roller coaster or inconsistent team.

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 01:20 PM
i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.they may see the problem as completely different as we do.again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.Agree. They didn't look good at the end of the season but where just 7 points from 3 more wins. A good draft, health, and guys just playing better could get them back in the post season.

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Why did Eli start out playing well then drop off during the season? Is it just Eli, or are there other factors? Some people are defending the Coordinators because we won two SBs with our OC and one SB with our DC.... but Eli was the SBMVP in both of those wins. My point is we need to look at the recent changes in the NFL and see if there is an upgrade out there at OC or DC. If not, fine, we plug along with the guys we have. We also need to look at the FA out there to see if we can improve our roster going into next season. It is very frustrating keeping guys around that you know will not play an entire season. It kills the chemistry for atleast 2 or 3 games when key players are out... and you guys know I am right. As for the person above who does not like Saban, he will likely go down as one of the best College FB coaches...... ever. That aside, my reference to him was you can't relax because you won a Championship. He knows that means nothing going into the next season, as we have proven twice. You have always got to look for ways to improve your team. We have two average coordinators, and we have habitualy injured players, and we seem to squander FA opportunities..... and then we wonder why we are a roller coaster or inconsistent team.Eli did not play well this season. Started out ok but the second half of his season was kit good. So right there is a big problem. He plays better next year that's maybe one more win. A healthy team could mean another win. A good draft could mean another. They where 9-7 and just missed the playoffs. They don't need to rebuild.

G14ntzF4π
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Eli looked like he had the Superbowl slump the whole season

giantsforce
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
since we have no money to make a splash in FA to fix certain positions we have to count on the draft and hope that the 2 coordinators can come up with some new looks on both sides of the ball and be a LOT more imaginative...That would be like asking the 3 stooges to play Shakespeare! And speaking of Shakespeare, he said it the best: "Expectation is the root of all heartache". So folks set your expectations low for next season and you will not be disappointed again. If you think that with this coaching staff and a bunch of rookies standing in the sidelines while veterans are getting toasted is going to do it next year, then you are fooling yourselves.

BigBlue1971
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
im not worried! who knows how the season will go?

they are a good team who let down this year.

to be honest im looking forward to next season.

Kruunch
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM

Historically we win SBs when nothing much is expected of us :D

Harooni
01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
yep i think it will be groundhogs day. cap space will be tight we lose 21 players to FA and have to try and sign them back.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM

the super bowl is at met life this year,,,I have a feeling that they will play with extra motivation to attain that goal.

TroyArcher
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Can't predict injuries (well maybe we can for Phillips and Thomas) so you never know. Reese has a lot of work to do but it is not like the Giants went 2-14. If they can improve in a few areas they can be right back in the playoffs. Don't forget the schedule should be much easier next year.

gmenfan0488
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Absolutely not. We tend to forget that we won a SB last year with these coordinators and group of players. The NFL is cyclical. Plus, our schedule seems to be much easier next year. We will be fine.

We have little to no chance of a SB next year. no team's ever played a SB in their home stadium, which automatically makes us the least likely team to get there

joemorrisforprez
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM

I'm always worried about the Giants, so yeah, I'm sure I'll be worried about next season.

I Jerry Reese doesn't address the offensive line and linebackers, then I'll be very worried.

45Jones
01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes, I'm worried it can't get here quick enough.

Toadofsteel
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
We have little to no chance of a SB next year. no team's ever played a SB in their home stadium, which automatically makes us the least likely team to get there

False. Jets are the least likely team to get there. Last I checked they play in the same stadium and they're the ****tier team...

TuckandRolle
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I agree with what our GM stated, I think we are a few pieces away from making another Championship run and think next year could be a good year to make that run. 19th pick in the draft combined with our schedule and some FA moves...I think we will be a beast of a team next year. One of the biggest factors in this puzzle is a healthy Hakeem Nicks obviously.

So sorry, OP I will disagree with your outlook and assessment.

GiantRoc
01-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Its silly to worry about next year. We haven't seen a draft or any kind of FA moves yet. So how can we say we will not make some fixes. Come on guys, are we Giant fans or what??? We have a decent core of players. We might go through next year with no major injuries. I look forward to next season with hopes of seeing improved play. Fewell and Gilbride are professionals too. Let's hope they look back at this year and see where they can change to make this team perform better. I have been a Giant fan though much worse than this (late 60's and 70's). We would all love to see a dynasty, but that will not happen with this coaching staff. It is also unlikely it could happen in this era of free agency. Personally, I can't wait 'til next season!

Riverboat76
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
The Giants are in a no lose situation next year. If we go to the playoffs, great! If not, there WILL be changes, which will also be great.

flashnando
01-09-2013, 05:34 PM

I honestly feel very confident in this team. A lot of good young talent was shown in the last game against Philly and I am excited for next year. As a fan we can't change anything the team does, only discuss it amongst us. But as it stands right now we have a team that can compete with the best in the NFL as well as we can be the best in the NFL. Just think, you could be a fan of Cleveland, Jets, Buffalo etc.... I like my chances!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chasjay
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.

they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.

they may see the problem as completely different as we do.

again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.

i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.

I especially agree with the first line of the post.

drewz
01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Usually I'm optimistic, but I'm worried it's gonna be status quo as we're bringing back the same OC/DC, same personel that was responsible for our **** season.

The ONLY silver lining is that our schedule is MUCH easier

fightngiant
01-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I think we need a couple legit line backers, someone that can replace Blackburn or Rivers. Bring Kiwi to DE and then find a couple young LB's that can be directed by Boley.

I think we can be contenders if we make changes here at the very minimum.

AllHailEli
01-09-2013, 11:24 PM

I'm not. We are going to the Super Bowl next season!

chasjay
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
I don't have the mindset that we are a bad team and destined to fail next year. We were certainly inconsistent on offense this year and the defense gave up a ton of yards, but I still don't think we were that far away from contending. This year, there were plays that could have been made and mistakes that could have been avoided that would have won us into the tournament. And even with the injuries we had, we had people on the field capable of making those plays. Our two wins against the 49ers and Packers were two of the better all-around games against quality opponents that any team in the league played this season.

I'm not saying we were anywhere near as good as we needed to be or had the potential to be perfect - but we had the potential for 2 or 3 more wins. Anyway, all is not lost - I'm looking forward to 2013.

greenca190
01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
do we really want to play the super bowl at home? this team is awful at home :)

GMAN2K9
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
do we really want to play the super bowl at home? this team is awful at home :)

They were 6-2 at home this year and after starting 3-1 on the road, they lost their 4 all of which were horrible performances (including Wash MNF with sloppy, penalized play)

GMAN2K9
01-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I am not worried about next year.

There is a reason we've had the most consistent success in the NFC East... its the stability with the organization, coaching, and players.

Yes, there will be minor changes / adjustments on the management side and some new pieces on the field, but the Giants are not an organization that makes rash, off the hip decisions.

I expect us to be the favorites to win the division and return to the playoffs, especially with: the rebuilding Eagles, the rehabbing Redskins (with RG3 at some point) playing a first place schedule (instead of cupcakes like in 2012), and the Cowboys again making changes on the defensive side (when Rob Ryan designed a good gameplan to shutdown Nicks & Cruz in 2012) that may or may not bring improvement when their biggest challenges is management & game day decision making (personnel, head coaching, and QB all making bonehead decisions)

01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but ... WE WILL NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL EVERY YEAR. I certainly hoped we would repeat this year, but realistically, it does not happen often. So, I lived and enjoyed the wins and fretted over the losses this year, as in every year. Aren't we all glad to just be able to root for a team that will compete, maybe play for a championship every few years? Sure beats the old days of the 70's. All I mean is that it is nice to root for our Giants and life goes on anyway, regardless of how the season plays out. we do not have an impact on what the team does, who they hire, cut or play. Those guys are pretty smart. I know we are all pretty smart too, but if we were that smart, we'd have a job in the business. :-) Have a Coke and a smile and enjoy our team, no matter what.

AllHailEli
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
As I said before, we take care of the division and we should be okay. Cowboys will always choke, Eagles are in a rebuilding process and Redskins just gambled RG3's future for a game they had little chance of winning. At the least, RG3 will miss the pre-season. We were actually better this season than last in terms of the fact that we won against really good teams, and teams we don't usually beat in the regular season -- Niners, Packers and Saints. We lost very tough, close games against the Eagles, Redskins and Steelers. Yeah, we stumbled at the end, but we finished with the same record as last season. I do think that late bye week did not really help us at all. Would have been good if it happened the week after Sandy. The goal next year is to make the playoffs and we go from there. I think the Super Bowl being at MetLife will be motivation enough.

giant-4-life
01-10-2013, 06:38 PM
don't worry. we crested the proverbial hill with our last SB run. our players are aged at some positions and not at others. we basically are like picking the meat off the chicken bone and deciding what we want to keep and what to get rid of. relax. every team goes through this

AntB
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/12401995?mailing_id=2098&linksrc=mb_main_col_1

Down-lifer
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB. it's posts like this that make me never want to come back to these boards! And the reason why I don't post much in the offseason. Some fans are not rational!!!!