PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most BITTER ex-Giant???

BigBlueOnes
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Who do you think comes across as the most bitter ex-Giant? I can come up with a short list:

Warner
Simms
Tiki
Shockey

My vote however goes to Hasselbeck.

You may choose whoever you like, from as far back as you like, coaches included.

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Osi.

nygpolishpunk
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Its Tiki or Warner, though Warner went on to be successful in Arizona

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Tiki

BigBlueOnes
Osi.

Duh..how did I forget him. But I can remember Hasselbeck being interviewed many times (ESPN or whatever network he was analyst for) when he went out of his way to point out Giants team and QB and coaching flaws, when the topic of conversation wasn't even the Giants!

Ruttiger711
Dodge

njg85m
01-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Why on earth is Simms on your list?

Do some fans actually consider him bitter because he doesn't always go out of his way to sniff Eli and co's jock every week?

primetime
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Osi.
Osi got paid a million dollars a sack last season, the one who should be bitter is Jerry Reese.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Carlos Emmons

NYGisBallin
01-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Who do you think comes across as the most bitter ex-Giant? I can come up with a short list:

Warner
Simms
Tiki
Shockey

You may choose whoever you like, from as far back as you like, coaches included.

Simms? Why is he on there? And Hasselbeck? wtf?

Toadofsteel
01-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Simms isn't bitter at the Giants, he's bitter at Eli. Same with Warner.

Most bitter Ex-Giant would have to be Steve Smith... nothing says you hate your old boss like signing with your worst enemy.

BigBlueOnes
01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
OK maybe I was unfair to Simms. But Hasselbeck? Seriously? You ever listen to that knob after Giants let him go? He was ridiculous.

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 11:11 AM
The most bitter Ex Giant is Jeremy Shockey.

TCHOF
01-09-2013, 11:12 AM

Most bitter Ex-Giant would have to be Steve Smith... nothing says you hate your old boss like signing with your worst enemy.

Smith went to the Eagles for money not for spite. Turned out to be an excellent move for him and his family since he won't ever see that type of money again.

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Why would you think Simms is bitter towards Eli? Because he said he didn't think he was "elite"?
When did that become the standard? Simms isn't bitter towards anyone.
And Warner simply doesn't think Eli is that good. Its his opinion. Its not based on bitterness or resentment. Thats silliness.

jimsgints
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Shockey, by far..

dezzzR
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Why would you think Simms is bitter towards Eli? Because he said he didn't think he was "elite"?
When did that become the standard? Simms isn't bitter towards anyone.
And Warner simply doesn't think Eli is that good. Its his opinion. Its not based on bitterness or resentment. Thats silliness.Cause Elis breaking all his records. duhhh

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Cause Elis breaking all his records. duhhh
Why would that make him bitter? All QB's are going to break old records with these rules in the new NFL.

njg85m
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Shockey.

But secretly I'm sure SS #12 is the most regretful. He went from one of our main guys, to being buried on the eagles depth chart, to totally invisible in St. Louis. All in 2 years.

Plus, his base salary was only $1 mil this year. He should find a home somewhere next season, but it's not going to be for much coin at all. His decision to make more money probably ironically wound up costing him money in the long run.

flashnando
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Jay Feely

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Shockey.

But secretly I'm sure SS #12 is the most regretful. He went from one of our main guys, to being buried on the eagles depth chart, to totally invisible in St. Louis. All in 2 years.

Plus, his base salary was only $1 mil this year. He should find a home somewhere next season, but it's not going to be for much coin at all. His decision to make more money probably ironically wound up costing him money in the long run.

That decision was the best one he made. The reason we didn't counter offer vs. Philly is because we had serious doubts whether or not he could play.
The reason he was "buried" in the depth charts in Philly and StL is because he can't play anymore. They paid him in Philly to do nothing. That's stupid of them of course, but they were on that "sign everyone" kick.
He was smart to take the money in Philly when he did because he has never been able to recover in any meaningful way from that knee injury.

BlueReign
01-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Simms? Why is he on there? And Hasselbeck? wtf?
Because people think that his opinion about Eli is being "anti-Giant/anti-Eli". The man gave us a SB ring and his honest opinion on our franchise QB. He just sounds like a man who did his job...twice.

BigBlueOnes
01-09-2013, 12:32 PM
So I don't think Simms was bitter, I don't think Warner is bitter, I don't think SS is bitter. I DO think Shockey is bitter, I do think, judging by his actions, Tiki is bitter, and I do think from what I've heard, Hasselbeck is bitter. I don't fault Warner or Simms for what they said, but what Tiki said and what Shockey said shows some level of insecurity.

ShakeandBake
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Osi will be the most bitter former player very soon, and for no good reason of course considering he swindled us out of millions this year.

BigBlue1971
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
i think Tiki is the most bitter! the guy was hardly out the door before he started to berate the Giants and Eli then it all blows up in his face when we win the superbowl! hes gotta be the one imo!

flashnando
01-09-2013, 01:50 PM
i think Tiki is the most bitter! the guy was hardly out the door before he started to berate the Giants and Eli then it all blows up in his face when we win the superbowl! hes gotta be the one imo!

Doesn't get any worst then that LOL!!!!!!

Retire....Work with a sports network as a sportscaster......Talk S*&t about Eli and the Giants.......Interview Eli and the Superbowl Champions LOL! = Fail!

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I have no idea how bitter Tiki is towards the Giants. But its true that the Giants fans are the most bitter towards Tiki.

Harooni
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Osi. lol

Harooni
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Do some fans actually consider him bitter because he doesn't always go out of his way to sniff Eli and co's jock every week? Yep they do. they want a homer not honesty.

BigBlue1971
01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I have no idea how bitter Tiki is towards the Giants. But its true that the Giants fans are the most bitter towards Tiki.

the fans bitterness towards may be the reason hes so bitter!

he dissed the Giants to no end...made fun of Eli how comical his leadership abilities were on and on and on he went!

personally he deserves everything he gets. he started it all!

Morehead State
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM

he dissed the Giants to no end...made fun of Eli how comical his leadership abilities were on and on and on he went!

I agree with most of this but how much does his excellence and work effort as a Giants player count?

To me as a Giants fan...its more important than his being a ****head after he retired.

BigBlue1971
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I agree with most of this but how much does his excellence and work effort as a Giants player count?

To me as a Giants fan...its more important than his being a ****head after he retired.

his performance as a Giant will never be questioned and i loved him for what he done. but i believe his attitude and character afterwards will continue to haunt him!

in fact those qualities or lack thereof will (in Giants heirarchy) keep him down a couple of rungs further than he should be!

i think he made a big mistake. i dont know if he regrets any of it if he does he should publicly admit it. it might change some peoples minds!

Ruttiger711
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
That decision was the best one he made. The reason we didn't counter offer vs. Philly is because we had serious doubts whether or not he could play.
The reason he was "buried" in the depth charts in Philly and StL is because he can't play anymore. They paid him in Philly to do nothing. That's stupid of them of course, but they were on that "sign everyone" kick.
He was smart to take the money in Philly when he did because he has never been able to recover in any meaningful way from that knee injury.

I remember reading the Giants never had the opportunity to counter-offer.

joemorrisforprez
01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't recall any former Giant badmouthing the organization.....but if any come to mind, it would probably be Plaxico.

Astorian
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Sam Huff.

GiantRoc
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd say Tiki was most bitter as an ex-Giant. Shockey was the most bitter AS a giant. To be honest, and I'm not sure why, I never really considered Warner or Hasselbeck Giants. Osi has the potential to take the crown though.

BParcells777
01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Simms.........I dont really consider Warner a "Giant"

AllHailEli
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
It did not help Tiki's case that the Giants won the Super Bowl after he retired and he started badmouthing Eli.

By the way, I was reading the Sports Illustrated and this was what Eli Manning would have replied regarding breaking Phlil Simms' record but he backed off:

"Well, I don't know if Phil Simms was an elite quarterback anyway, so I don't know if it's a big deal or not." LOL!

SweetZombieJesus
01-10-2013, 07:50 AM

It started when he announced his retirement mid-season and threw the coaches under the bus... Was the first big incident the 2005 playoff loss when he started with the "outcoached" comments?

Coughlin fixed Tiki's fumbling problem... Tiki was a premiere NFL player... One of Wellington's favorites and Tiki was the marquee Giants player -- "Tiki Barber and the Giants take on (opponent)".

He went from all of that to throwing the coaches under the bus and retiring mid-season in the span of less than a year. That's when he showed his true colors. And after he retired he took off the mask and we all saw the real Tiki.

During those Fassel years -- heck, even going back to the Dan Reeves days -- we were always hearing about locker room mutinies and certain players who were instigating revolts. Now we know Tiki and Shockey were two of the biggest offenders under Fassel. Even Strahan was for the early half of his career.

dnotch121
01-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Steve Smith lol

GCGiant
01-10-2013, 08:05 AM
By the way, I was reading the Sports Illustrated and this was what Eli Manning would have replied regarding breaking Phlil Simms' record but he backed off:

"Well, I don't know if Phil Simms was an elite quarterback anyway, so I don't know if it's a big deal or not." LOL!

Funny...true...but I'm glad he didn't say it...or did he?

PBTimmons
01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Was Dhani Jones bitter? Definitely Ryan Grant.

wuzpapn
01-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Shockey and Tiki are the two most bitter. Shockey missing the superbowl with his fracture really got to him, and even since he's been more of an arrogant ******* than he already was. (Twitter war between Amani Toomer and himself was pretty entertaining).

Tiki has always been bitter since the day he threw a tantrum and announced he was going to retire. Definitely more salt in his wound when we ended up winning in 2007 with him being replaced.

I'm sure Steve Smith misses the Giants and his first couple of seasons here, rather than feeling more bitter. If he had the skill set we needed and were looking for, we wouldn't have let him go so easily.

Don't see Warner as being bitter, maybe just disappointed didn't get playing time opportunity he thought he would. He still did great in AZ.

Simms? Come on now.

MikeyMike01
01-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Kurt Warner. Easily.

Harooni
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Fans are bitter these players left or retired. no player is bitter, Tiki even came back to be in the ring of owner and is in good terms with the org.

NYFG
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Dave Brown

TroyArcher
01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Why on earth is Simms on your list?

Do some fans actually consider him bitter because he doesn't always go out of his way to sniff Eli and co's jock every week?

Simms bends over backwards to show his impartiality on any Giants subject. Irritates me at times.

bigblue58
01-10-2013, 11:54 AM

Warner
Simms
Tiki
Shockey

It's not even close....it's Warner!
Barber is jealous because he thought the team would crumble without him and because he left a year too early and doesn't have a ring, but he left the team on his terms.
Warner is by far the most bitter because he was benched in favor of Eli, and his next kind word about the Giants......... and Eli specifically, will be his first! Plus the fact that he's a hypocrite because he's supposed to be religious, yet he holds a definite grudge against the team.
Shockey isn't bitter because he qualified for the SB ring even though he was on IR and he got to contribute to getting another one when he was with the Saints.

GeoGoGo
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
It started when he announced his retirement mid-season and threw the coaches under the bus... Was the first big incident the 2005 playoff loss when he started with the "outcoached" comments?

Coughlin fixed Tiki's fumbling problem... Tiki was a premiere NFL player... One of Wellington's favorites and Tiki was the marquee Giants player -- "Tiki Barber and the Giants take on (opponent)".

He went from all of that to throwing the coaches under the bus and retiring mid-season in the span of less than a year. That's when he showed his true colors. And after he retired he took off the mask and we all saw the real Tiki.

During those Fassel years -- heck, even going back to the Dan Reeves days -- we were always hearing about locker room mutinies and certain players who were instigating revolts. Now we know Tiki and Shockey were two of the biggest offenders under Fassel. Even Strahan was for the early half of his career.

I think it is so awesome how dramatic his fall from grace was. Karma is a *****, Tiki and so are you. If my dog wasn't 11 years old, I would change his name.

Harooni
01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
at the beginning of the season Warner and Simms came out and said
Eli wasnt elite or a HOF QB. Fans here got bitter over those comments because 2011 eli had a solid year. now looking back at 2012 inconsistent season. its exactly why they said what they said. now i see fans are still not willing to come to terms with that these guys as great QB's they are the most fit to judge and not us. They just gave their honest opinions.

Rudyy
01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Honestly, I don't agree with Simms, and Warner but can we calm down a bit here? Lol they have their opinions and we have ours. We are so quick to bite someones head off at someone who has a different opinion.

Roosevelt
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Warner
Simms
Tiki
Shockey

Shockey for sure.

Jim Finn was very bitter but didn't make that public. Don't forget he was IR'ed in 2007 and the Giants did not give him a Super Bowl ring. I don't believe he and Coughlin were very close.

Tiki has no reason to be bitter.

Warner got a raw deal but he knew his stay here wouldn't be long.

Simms had good reason to bitter the way he was unceremoniously let go, but after they retired his jersey that became old news.

Of course if you consider the critique of a current Giant from an ex-Giant bitterness then that is your problem.

Roosevelt
01-10-2013, 12:29 PM
So I don't think Simms was bitter, I don't think Warner is bitter, I don't think SS is bitter. I DO think Shockey is bitter, I do think, judging by his actions, Tiki is bitter, and I do think from what I've heard, Hasselbeck is bitter. I don't fault Warner or Simms for what they said, but what Tiki said and what Shockey said shows some level of insecurity.

Are you talking about bitterness to a particular coach or player, or to the Giants organization, i.e. John Mara and/or Jerry Reese.

Shockey's problem was with Reese.

Tiki had an issue with Coughlin.

Hasselbeck had an issue with Shockey.

Etc.

Harooni
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Are you talking about bitterness to a particular coach or player, or to the Giants organization, i.e. John Mara and/or Jerry Reese.

Shockey's problem was with Reese.

Tiki had an issue with Coughlin.

Hasselbeck had an issue with Shockey.

Etc. well put

AllHailEli
01-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Funny...true...but I'm glad he didn't say it...or did he?

He said he was honored in the press conference but that's what he prepared to say but he backed off. I guess he had second thoughts if that would go well :). I love the way he addressed the Tiki comments in 2007 though, that was a zinger.

Roosevelt
01-10-2013, 02:16 PM
at the beginning of the season Warner and Simms came out and said
Eli wasnt elite or a HOF QB. Fans here got bitter over those comments because 2011 eli had a solid year. now looking back at 2012 inconsistent season. its exactly why they said what they said. now i see fans are still not willing to come to terms with that these guys as great QB's they are the most fit to judge and not us. They just gave their honest opinions.

And to say that someone is not a HOF'er or elite is not a slight at that person. The HOF is for the best of the best - over a period of time.

That's something Eli has not been able to achieve despite the winning 2 Super Bowls.

Harooni
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
And to say that someone is not a HOF'er or elite is not a slight at that person. The HOF is for the best of the best - over a period of time.

That's something Eli has not been able to achieve despite the winning 2 Super Bowls.

exactly HOF means best at your position during your time. its not so easy to get into the hof. Fans need to realize that.

BuffyBlueII
01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
exactly HOF means best at your position during your time. its not so easy to get into the hof. Fans need to realize that.

Actually it is ONE of the best or ONE of the top at your position. if it were just for the very best during that time than Jim Kelly and Dan Marino both would not have bneen 1st Ballot HOFers.

BuffyBlueII
01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
I think Tiki is the most bitter. He still mad because they won a Ring right after he left.

I think the issue with Phil is that he is not really bitter at Eli Manning but maybe a little bit at the circumstances. Eli Manning is breaking his NY Giants records and is the most successful QB in team history. I think that the thing is that Phil may be a little bit miffed because although Eli is the more successful QB, there is no doubt that Phil is the better pure passer. Heck, there are not many that compare with Phil as a pure passer. It is kind of like comparing the game of a Kobe Bryant and a Larry Byrd in their primes.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2013, 03:38 PM

In the end, it's all economics. The Eagles backed Smith into a corner and he flinched. He wanted the money, he got the money. The rest is history. The Giants medical staff was right, as it turned out.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2013, 03:39 PM

+1

M00KIE
01-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Tiki...hands down, no debate required.

barran21
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Tiki, he mad they won it all after he retired, and he has to ***** himself out to make money today...

Morehead State
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Tiki, he mad they won it all after he retired, and he has to ***** himself out to make money today...
Actually..Tiki really doesn't qualify since he retired as a Giant. He never left the team for another team.

P_Simms_#11
01-11-2013, 12:13 AM
CC Brown

Giant stuck in Texas
01-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Sinorice Moss

GCGiant
01-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Actually..Tiki really doesn't qualify since he retired as a Giant. He never left the team for another team.

So...I went back and read the OP, and unless it was edited...it said x-Giant. I think Tiki qualifies for that...he made sure of it. IMO, if a guy no longer receives a paycheck from them, he is an x-Giant.

Rusty192
01-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Fans are bitter these players left or retired. no player is bitter, Tiki even came back to be in the ring of owner and is in good terms with the org.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdxXNDcWI7U

Out of Exile
01-11-2013, 03:53 AM
How is Dodge bitter?

Out of Exile
01-11-2013, 03:54 AM
Some of these names are being tossed around with no evidence, haha. If there is some I would like to see it. I'm curious.

Diamondring
01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
+1-1.

Rat_bastich
01-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Jim Fassel. Since his ouster from the Giants he has had a stint as an offensive coordinator for the Ravens in which he sucked and is now a president/GM and head coach in the quickly failing United Football League.