PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/09/kevin-boothe-uncertain-of-his-future-with-new-york-giants/

Excerpt: "Perhaps the best player on the New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) that nobody talked about this season was starting left guard Kevin Boothe. Although the offensive line play was dismal at times this season, that was more so because of the right side of the unit. David Diehl and Chris Snee (http://www.giants101.com/tag/chris-snee/) each had the worst seasons of their career, while center David Baas continued to disappoint. On the other hand, Boothe was a reliable blocker and showed the ability to perform against elite competition.

Unfortunately for the Giants, Boothe is a free agent this offseason and will be free to field offers from any team interested in his services. He recently toldGiants.com (http://www.giants101.com/tag/giants-com/) that he's uncertain of what the future holds for him.
"Iím not sure how it all plays out. I know they have a lot of tough decisions to make upstairs and I canít really think about it too much because thereís things that I canít control," Boothe said. "So weíll see. I think we made a lot of progress this year on the offensive line and I think that we can definitely improve. So Iím looking forward to whatever happens." Read more...

ny06
01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
I could see a few teams being interested in his services. Guy is versatile and stays healthy. It would be a loss if we lose him.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
I could see a few teams being interested in his services. Guy is versatile and stays healthy. It would be a loss if we lose him.

He is one of two offensive players to play 99% of the snaps in 2012

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2013, 05:28 PM
We won't break the bank on him so I hope that's not what he's expecting. That said he's a good versatile G/C and it would be a big loss if we had to replace him as well as Diehl and look for 2 other linemen.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
We won't break the bank on him so I hope that's not what he's expecting. That said he's a good versatile G/C and it would be a big loss if we had to replace him as well as Diehl and look for 2 other linemen.

I can't imagine Diehl or Osi surviving this season so let's see what happens. There is money but we will never be able to sign everyone. Boote and Beatty were to two top rated (PFF) offensive lineman in 2012. I would like to keep themk both so we only have to worry about the right side for 2013. As you say, Boothe also does a good job at center.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
I can't imagine Diehl or Osi surviving this season so let's see what happens. There is money but we will never be able to sign everyone. Boote and Beatty were to two top rated (PFF) offensive lineman in 2012. I would like to keep themk both so we only have to worry about the right side for 2013. As you say, Boothe also does a good job at center.

Well Beatty is probably(in my eyes anyway) our TOP priority on the team. Stud LT's are hard to come by. He is an absolute MUST resign. Lock him up.

Diehl I could see coming back for the vet min. He won't get a better offer and if he does, good for him, wish him well.\

I'd love to resign Boothe but not if he commands too much that it effects others signings.

Osi is most likely gone but you should hear how much Reese LOVES the guy, and it's not just hot air.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Reese can love him all he wants, but Osi is looking for starter pay and he's not likely to get that here I HOPE

Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

Also who knows who will offer him what.

I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
He is one of two offensive players to play 99% of the snaps in 2012

he is a must have at the right price,,also an ivy league guy I believe.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 05:53 PM
osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.

+1

BigBlueOnes
01-09-2013, 05:58 PM

++1

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
but Osi is looking for starter pay

do you have a link for this?

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.
I can understand why most are enamoured with Ojomo and Tracy based of the little they have seen, I agree with the limited snaps they made the most of their opportunities, but still you do not know what you have with these guys. I think people are wishing for something that they might regret later, or I might be wrong. Lets just hope between Osi, Reese, and upper management cooler heads prevail and a proprer decision not based on emotion is made for the betterment of this team.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 06:05 PM

No, I am pretty sure he's said that but if you like I can delete the post.

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
sometimes sir, younger is not better. I think veterans placed in a system to properly utilizes their style of play can produce better results than a young inexperienced player that has raw talent. It's not just raw ability in the trenches, technique is more important.

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:09 PM
No, I am pretty sure he's said that but if you like I can delete the post.
No need Roa, I just want to know if everyone is accurate in their assesment of that situation. I don't think he's every said he deserves starter pay; i have heard him say he is a player that can start on any team, or something similar to that nature.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 06:12 PM
No need Roa, I just want to know if everyone is accurate in their assesment of that situation. I don't think he's every said he deserves starter pay; i have heard him say he is a player that can start on any team, or something similar to that nature.

I am basing it on his comments that he's likely done here and what you accurately recall him having said about starting elsewhere. My interpretation of that is that he's going to ask for money Reese won't pay. However, I don't know he used those specific words so I did delete that.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 06:17 PM
sometimes sir, younger is not better. I think veterans placed in a system to properly utilizes their style of play can produce better results than a young inexperienced player that has raw talent. It's not just raw ability in the trenches, technique is more important.

I am guessing Tuck will be here. Based on their (Tuck and Osi) play in 2012, do we have any confidence they will be better a year later at their ages? Now if we got Tracy and Ojomo into a scheduled rotation, then fine IF they can afford Osi.

You are right younger isn't always better but we have two young players who showed some glint of being able to play and I'd like to see them include them in the defense like the Eagles do/did. Doing that helps extend the older players and develops the younger players.

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:21 PM
I am basing it on his comments that he's likely done here and what you accurately recall him having said about starting elsewhere. My interpretation of that is that he's going to ask for money Reese won't pay. However, I don't know he used those specific words so I did delete that.
Yeah I hear you, and I am not attacking your assumption on the matter, but as you have seen time and time before on these boards. People read and react, before understanding what is read then reacting. It is unfair to any player especially Osi who has been the beating donkey on these boards for sometimes now to be misinterpreted I.E "Cruz is demanding 8-10 mil!?! screw that guy draft a WR or sign Bowe for cheap!"
Because the mob is unforgiving and I think If we infact look at all the details all Osi is truly at fault for is carrying it on as long as he did in which he apologized for and has been humble in his role on the D-Line.

Toadofsteel
01-09-2013, 06:26 PM
How did Boothe become our second best O-lineman? We are screwwwwwwwwed. Boothe is average on his very best day, terrible most other times...

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I am guessing Tuck will be here. Based on their (Tuck and Osi) play in 2012, do we have any confidence they will be better a year later at their ages? Now if we got Tracy and Ojomo into a scheduled rotation, then fine IF they can afford Osi.

You are right younger isn't always better but we have two young players who showed some glint of being able to play and I'd like to see them include them in the defense like the Eagles do/did. Doing that helps extend the older players and develops the younger players.

See... I think Tuck has shot himself in the foot with; 1. with the soundbites he has provided 2. being a captain and showing a lack of urgency on the field or any type of leadership 3. I think he said he thought about retiring once this season? 4. his body language on the sidelines, not being vocally strong and plus his performance on the field.
I agree with you, i would like to see more of Ojomo and Tracy, but If we can resign osi to a reasonable deal then i would like us to explore that option as well. I think it is fair to say that Osi thrives better as a starter than jsut coming in or certain down and distances or rotating, he can build a rythm this way. That's really what football is, repitition, rythm, technique, ability. I still feel he has what it takes to apply pressure to the QB, can he stop the run? lol i have a better chance of trucking J.J. Watt head on but that has really never been Osi's game and we have to understand that, plus that is also skewed cause just like Webster is looking for his over teh top help while Phillips is injured where is Osi's SAM linebacker help?

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 06:29 PM
How did Boothe become our second best O-lineman? We are screwwwwwwwwed. Boothe is average on his very best day, terrible most other times...
lol... I think we should move boothe over to Center, I had an idea to revamp the O-Line i will post it in a second

TCHOF
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM

Putting way too much stock in the capabilities of an undrafted FA who barely made the team and couldn't get on the field, and a late round pick who hasn't shown much at all over the years he's been here. If we have to rely on Tracey and Ojom next year, we are seriously screwed.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
bunch of teams in the nfl are looking to upgrade on their o line.

this sucks.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Putting way too much stock in the capabilities of an undrafted FA who barely made the team and couldn't get on the field, and a late round pick who hasn't shown much at all over the years he's been here. If we have to rely on Tracey and Ojom next year, we are seriously screwed.

Tracy did play last season, Ojomo did not. My preference is for them to be in a scheduled rotation so they can develop.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
bunch of teams in the nfl are looking to upgrade on their o line.

this sucks.

I think we have to keep Beatty and I'd like to be able to keep Boothe, but offers will be forthcoming soon

giantsfan420
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I am basing it on his comments that he's likely done here and what you accurately recall him having said about starting elsewhere. My interpretation of that is that he's going to ask for money Reese won't pay. However, I don't know he used those specific words so I did delete that.didnt he say he wanted top 10 de money? wasnt it even top 5 iirc? i know he believes hes a starter too, just not with us bc of our situation. hes been very vocal about that. im sure u can find a ton of articles from this past offseason where osi said stuff like that.edit-where hed start on any other team etc

giantsfan420
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Tracy did play last season, Ojomo did not. My preference is for them to be in a scheduled rotation so they can develop.i thought tracy looked damn good vs SF and some other chances he got. i was actually very impressed, he looked 10x better than the year before

nhpgiantsfan
01-09-2013, 07:11 PM
I love it. The haters hijack a Kevin Boothe thread and make it about Osi...

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
didnt he say he wanted top 10 de money?
No! Reese said he would offer that based on production

wasnt it even top 5 iirc?
You recalled wrong.

i know he believes hes a starter too
He did state he believes he can be a starter on any team. He believes in his ability, I didn't know we frowned on players like that nowadays.

just not with us bc of our situation. hes been very vocal about that. im sure u can find a ton of articles from this past offseason where osi said stuff like that.edit-where hed start on any other team etc
Because we run a rotational Line he is not starting here sure, but can he start here if the situation were different i believe he has 1-2, 3 max years left as a speed rusher that can create turnovers. him starting is the only articles you will find everything else is assumption and personal Interpretation of Osi's words.

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Sorry I didn't meant to hijack the thread, I just want to diffuse any emotional biases towards any player.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Yeah I hear you, and I am not attacking your assumption on the matter, but as you have seen time and time before on these boards. People read and react, before understanding what is read then reacting. It is unfair to any player especially Osi who has been the beating donkey on these boards for sometimes now to be misinterpreted I.E "Cruz is demanding 8-10 mil!?! screw that guy draft a WR or sign Bowe for cheap!"
Because the mob is unforgiving and I think If we infact look at all the details all Osi is truly at fault for is carrying it on as long as he did in which he apologized for and has been humble in his role on the D-Line.

I will give Osi credit for admitting that he was the one who was wrong last year in his approach to his contract situation. I am going to support whoever makes the final 53. I will make sure Reese knows my preferences when he calls for my counsel.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 07:37 PM

It just has a way of happening in most threads.

moosedrool
01-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Back on topic.....

I looked at PFF's grades on Boothe.

Last year he was awful at -16.0. This year he finished +8.2, good for 22nd out of 81 guards. He was particularly good after week 4.

Boothe is going to be 30 soon, so despite the huge improvement in his play I doubt they give him a long term deal.

rainierjef
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I will give Osi credit for admitting that he was the one who was wrong last year in his approach to his contract situation. I am going to support whoever makes the final 53. I will make sure Reese knows my preferences when he calls for my counsel.
Lol put in a good word for Kevin Minter in this upcoming draft.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Lol put in a good word for Kevin Minter in this upcoming draft.

No problem. He often laughs at me, but so does my wife :)

C1010
01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Back on topic.....

I looked at PFF's grades on Boothe.

Last year he was awful at -16.0. This year he finished +8.2, good for 22nd out of 81 guards. He was particularly good after week 4.

Boothe is going to be 30 soon, so despite the huge improvement in his play I doubt they give him a long term deal.

Didn't Diehl get injured at Week 4? Isn't that when Beatty came in?

In my opinion I think we need to sign Boothe, he's proved his versatility and he did a great job for us this year.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Didn't Diehl get injured at Week 4? Isn't that when Beatty came in?

In my opinion I think we need to sign Boothe, he's proved his versatility and he did a great job for us this year.

I'm pretty sure Beatty started at LT week 1.

I agree on Boothe

harrycarson
01-09-2013, 09:18 PM

nice post....also nice sig...stealing it for my background

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
would love to have him Boothe back.. for the right price of course.

gmen0820
01-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Chance.Mother.F-n.Warmack

radar-ray
01-10-2013, 06:24 PM
would love to have him Boothe back.. for the right price of course. Agree.