PDA

View Full Version : Peyton manning fans and colts fans rooted for us. Should we do the same for Peyton?

GentleGiant
01-09-2013, 09:23 PM
I recall hearing on espn how colts fans were all rooting for Eli in the SB?.
Should we do the same for peyton and the broncos?

Rusty192
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Nope.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Im rooting for Denver now.. because of Von Miller

Cool Papa B.
01-09-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't have a problem rooting for Eli's brother.

Go Broncos.....go Seahawks!!!!!

Die-Hard
01-10-2013, 05:30 AM
I used to, but since I now find it impossible to turn on the television or open a newspaper without having to look at his face, no....I cant, and wont. The hype has killed my love of Peyton.

Parademon
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I will. Hype for Peyton? Gimme a break, the guys a 1st ballot HOF & will retire holding almost every major NFL passing record in NFL history!

Toadofsteel
01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Seeing as how Eli's ring count is the only thing keeping him from being a footnote in the Manning family, I cannot root for Peyton to get his second ring (at least until after Eli gets a third). Otherwise, I wish him well...

BuffyBlueII
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
It would be nice to see Peyton cap off this awesome comeback season with a SuperBowl win but I don't think it is going to happen. This Tom Brady's year.

bigblue58
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
I recall hearing on espn how colts fans were all rooting for Eli in the SB?.
Should we do the same for peyton and the broncos?

Hell no man, I want Eli to always have more SB rings than Peyton....it's the only thing Eli has over his brother.... as Francesa and the rest of the talking head idiots in the media wage their continued campaign to have Peyton canonized!
When people start acknowledging that Eli is the far superior post season and SB player, then I'll root for Peyton.

Ntegrase96
01-10-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think that they were rooting for Eli and the Giants as much as the were rooting against Tom and the Pats.

Probably for the same reason that some of you don't want Peyton to succeed-- it makes your QB look less significant. Or at least you think it does (It really doesn't).

The difference is Peyton and Brady are actually in a competitive class together. As much as you love him, Eli just isn't in that class. No modern QB is... not yet, at least.

Letting go of the desire to put Eli and Peyton or Brady on equal footing will be relieving for some of you if you can just learn to let go.

Toadofsteel
01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I don't think that they were rooting for Eli and the Giants as much as the were rooting against Tom and the Pats.

Probably for the same reason that some of you don't want Peyton to succeed-- it makes your QB look less significant. Or at least you think it does (It really doesn't).

The difference is Peyton and Brady are actually in a competitive class together. As much as you love him, Eli just isn't in that class. No modern QB is... not yet, at least.

Letting go of the desire to put Eli and Peyton or Brady on equal footing will be relieving for some of you if you can just learn to let go.

If Eli is "not that good" we need to re-do our entire offense. Either that or trade him for a first overall pick so we can draft a QB that is. A scrub QB doesn't run the offense that the Giants run...

Ntegrase96
01-10-2013, 02:08 PM
If Eli is "not that good" we need to re-do our entire offense. Either that or trade him for a first overall pick so we can draft a QB that is. A scrub QB doesn't run the offense that the Giants run...

I didn't say he was 'not that good', I said he's not in the same class as those guys. Neither is Rodgers. Neither is Brees.

I'm referring to legacy and not ability. Eli's a great quarterback, but is he in anyone's conversation for Greatest of All Time?

Giantz4Life
01-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I didn't say he was 'not that good', I said he's not in the same class as those guys. Neither is Rodgers. Neither is Brees.

I'm referring to legacy and not ability. Eli's a great quarterback, but is he in anyone's conversation for Greatest of All Time?

Well said. Completely agree.

Some Giants fans cannot accept that Eli will most likely never have the legacy of Peyton. I'm rooting for the Seahawks firstly, because I like Russell Wilson and that defense. But if Peyton won it I would not be upset in the least.

Die-Hard
01-10-2013, 04:08 PM

Its not that I dont want Peyton to succeed. It also doesn't have anything to do with Eli having some kind of edge over him in the rings dept. I can see how some might actually feel that way, crazy as it may be, but I'm not in that category. I'm really just tired of seeing his face and hearing his name every 10 seconds. A SB win would be horrifying, because it would increase his media exposure to unbearable heights. He is without a doubt one of the greats and a 1st ballot HOF'er, but the way people talk about him, it's as if the guy walks on water.

Ntegrase96
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Its not that I dont want Peyton to succeed. It also doesn't have anything to do with Eli having some kind of edge over him in the rings dept. I can see how some might actually feel that way, crazy as it may be, but I'm not in that category. I'm really just tired of seeing his face and hearing his name every 10 seconds. A SB win would be horrifying, because it would increase his media exposure to unbearable heights. He is without a doubt one of the greats and a 1st ballot HOF'er, but the way people talk about him, it's as if the guy walks on water.

Right and I wasn't talking about you in particular. Your reason makes sense to me. As someone who likes Peyton Manning I'm okay with seeing him on Pizza commercials and whatnot, but if Aaron Rodgers exposure blew up even more and I had to see his mug on TV even more than I do now, I'd be pretty irritated. So I get not wanting to see Peyton win for that reason.

As a side note, funnily enough, Brady's lack of media exposure has allowed me to appreciate and tolerate him more in recent years. Not that he was over exposed before, but seeing less of him helps.

Rudyy
01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Honestly, the reason why I don't want to see Peyton get a ring is so I don't have to see/hear WHO IS BETTER PEYTON OR ELI??? over and over and over again.

GentleGiant
01-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Well said. Completely agree.

Some Giants fans cannot accept that Eli will most likely never have the legacy of Peyton. I'm rooting for the Seahawks firstly, because I like Russell Wilson and that defense. But if Peyton won it I would not be upset in the least.

If eli gets another ring he will have the legacy.

giantyankee1976
01-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I don't have a problem rooting for Eli's brother.

Go Broncos.....go Seahawks!!!!!

echo this although Ray Ray leaving with a ring ain't bad...Peyton getting 1 more like Eli will be somewhat uncomfortable for my inner-Homer though...

Broncos/ Seahawks will be the most benign Super Bowl for me.

giantyankee1976
01-12-2013, 07:42 AM
... As a side note, funnily enough, Brady's lack of media exposure has allowed me to appreciate and tolerate him more in recent years. Not that he was over exposed before, but seeing less of him helps.

couldn't agree more, except for that Dodge Dart commercial... (and I am a Mopar fan, maybe that's why)

EliDaMANning
01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Peyton Needs to change his last name to Favre

BigBlueAllDay
01-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Peyton will still be behind Eli in Super Bowl wins for another season. Ravens hung in there and earned a tough victory.

Rusty192
01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Peyton Needs to change his last name to FavreOr just keep Manning. Peyton is and always has been the biggest choker in the playoffs.

BParcells777
01-13-2013, 01:02 PM
ok I'll root for him........LOL